The keeper vs Franklin Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
The keeper=>Basically, in the alternate future timeline of the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Surfer acquired Quasar's Quantum Bands, fullfilling his destiny as the protector of the universe; the ultimate "agent" of Eternity, in retrospect. During a battle with Galactus, the Big G was finally fed up with his ex-herald, so he stripped Norrin of his cosmic glaze and powers, and destroyed his board. Drifting off in the void of space (and kept alive only by his Q-bands), Norrin was rescued by a young Watcher by the name of Aron. Aron took Norrin outside of the body of Eternity, and (much like Yoda and Luke Skywalker), Aron trained and taught Norrin to use Q-bands to the maximum potential; far beyond anything Quasar has ever done with them.

>Aron also revealed to the Surfer that the power cosmic still layed *within* him. Norrin eventually came to accept this truth and re-coated his body with the silver glaze--at this point, he renamed himself "the Keeper." Returning *into* Eternity's body, the Keeper's duty was to protect all life from Galactus (as an old friend once called him, "the Anti-Galactus"wink.

>Since the Keeper only appeared (IINM) in 2 issues (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #24 and 25), we never really got to see the full extent of his abilities/powers. But if you put 2 and 2 together (the Surfer's Power Cosmic + the Q-Bands utilized to their maximum potential), you can kinda figure out that the Keeper must have been pretty powerful. I do remember the Keeper being able to *freeze* time, perform warp-quantum jump (ala Quasar) faster than Norrin's own speed could have ever taken him and shield himself from detection by other cosmic beings like the Watchers and even Galactus. Basically, the Keeper was a vastly beefed up version of the Silver Surfer (vastly amplified cosmic powers, amplified energy blasts and manipulation abilities, etc.). The Silver Surfer boosted to his full potential (kinda like the Pre-CRISIS Superman reaching his potential when he wielded "the Sword of Superman"wink. I'd conservatively *guess* that he was at *least* as powerful as Tyrant, any Watcher, or any Skyfather; some would argue that the Keeper was on par with Galactus himself (which I guess would make sense...since he was supposed to be Galactus' opposite number. The Keeper was able to defeat a *weakened* Galactus in battle); again, difficult to say for sure given his brief history. I would go with the conservative estimate of Skyfather/Watcher level power.

muffin man
who is the keeper

Mainstream
read the thing above your post Ben! Happy Dance

muffin man
its too long and confusing.
Help its like my last essay.
I could never be a teacher

crazyspinz
hmm i have an idea for a kickass super power thread

Tron
Please tell.

crazyspinz
already posted

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t323035.html

long pig
i wanna see what the keeper looks like...sounds pretty sweet.
an anti-galactus...werd ...only thing i disliked about sufer was well..the board...

shaq4real
franklin at full power would probably win

Sir Whirlysplat
he had a red cape and no board, plus the Qband he could stoop time. Franklin wastes him!

Eternity
Originally posted by shaq4real
franklin at full power would probably win

No hw would not thekeeper would win

leonheartmm
franklin wins easily.

shaq4real
Originally posted by Eternity
No hw would not thekeeper would win

don, ur just sayin rubbish, franklin would simply erase him from existence

Juntai
When Superman grabbed and used the sword of superman, he became omnipotent, one with God.

hoorayforpeepee
...and then he threw the sword away because it contained too much power. that's the only thing that ever happened with that sword.

and he didn't become omnipotent, he became omniscient; superman saw all that was, is, and would be. i think it was implied he became an eternity-esque figure.

Eternity
Originally posted by shaq4real
don, ur just sayin rubbish, franklin would simply erase him from existence

The keeper is just below galactus way too much for Franklin. AND YOUR AN IDIOT SYLVESTER evil face

shaq4real
Originally posted by Eternity
The keeper is just below galactus way too much for Franklin. AND YOUR AN IDIOT SYLVESTER evil face

dats just stupid, franklin would win either way cool

K Von Doom
Surfer had Dr Strange's Cloak of Levitation... so he could levitate roll eyes (sarcastic)

guy222
franklin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.