USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Censure and Animosity (new rule). All players please read!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Welcome to some new rules! No. this one isn't to do with your characters so rest easy. Censure and Animosity are two new rules being introduced to help regulate player behaviour- or more to the point, to provide proper penalties when people stray.

These two mechanics basically set limits on your behaviour. Fail the rest set by these mechanics, and your costs to get anything decent with experience skyrocket.

Censure is for the Light Side. It is a representation of how well you are working within the system that the Jedi are a part of. Stray too far from the system and you lose the support of the Council, and the ability to train your abilities properly.

Animosity is for the Dark Side. It is a measure of how well you are performing as a group. No... it is a measure of how well you are NOT performing as a group. Too much animosity means the group dynamic is falling apart, and you spend too too much time watching your own back to be able to develop your skills.

Two different systems, same reuslt- mess up and your development crawls to a halt.

There now follows an explanation of the two systems.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Tptmanno1
OK I think I get it,
For LS, its basicly, Play your part, and no mucking about,
one quick thing,
If we were say chasing someone around, akin to the ATOC Assasin chase, on foot, would yelling at people and getting them to get the heck outta our way constitute Censure points?

Ushgarak
Nope! When chasing a dangerous suspect, certain things are expected of you.

It is actually quite hard to get Censure if you aren't trying to be difficult. You may sometimes be hazy about exactly what your authority is but you can ask me about that at any time.

Tptmanno1
oh ok, So we have to blatently be out of line, got it.

Captain REX
So...the Dark Jedi are not going to be happy?

Tptmanno1
or functional....

Captain REX
Or alive.

Trickster

As well as whatever domination is... Unless Nume used corruption...

Ushgarak
Domination is a Dark Side Force Power, in the new rules section.

Silver Stardust
Oooh, yay....

</sarcasm>

Trickster
I like these rules.

Ush, what happens if a PC is killed by another PC?

Or if Kuylen or Doon or somoene kills a PC?

Ushgarak
Animosity is a rating created purely by interpersonal relations between Dark Siders. If an outsider kills someone, it doesn't count; if a non-Force user in the group kills someone, it doesn't count- UNLESS it was by order from another PC.

Basically Doon cannot ever be really a part of your group in that sense, only a helpful ally. Should Kuylen re-enter the group, though, he starts counting for Animosity purposes. Incidentally, he has megalomania.

PCs killing PCs I might actively disallow unless there is Animosity 5 or higher! So bear in mind players may, in appropritate circumstances, deliberately push up animosity to pave the way for a leadership challenge.

Tptmanno1
ohh
Insider corruption for the darkies,
weehehe

Fire
sounds good ush

rusky
what about the renegades ? they have little or nothing to do with the senate or the jedi council...

Ushgarak
You play by those rules or you get the same penalties. If you truly had nothing to do with the Council you would never be able to develop your skills.

Captain REX
Well, Kuylen would be the Alpha and Leader for -4, so that would negate the 4 from Rand and Kuylen being Megalomaniacs...

Tptmanno1
But not anymore...

Ushgarak
A rules clarification/update

Animosity is only ever applied to a group that is TRYING to work together.

If a group is not- normally due to some form of power struggle- then Animosity is not counted, and the extra xp costs apply continuously until the group returns to a co-operative approach again.

Dexx
forever bound together, are we..smile

Ushgarak
One of the reasons this is being mentioned is, if you guys find Kuylen and he decides that he wants no rival, then if any of you guys want to work with Kuylen, the xp penalty will apply until either he or Rand is dead.

Fire
ooh Kuylen still alive ey (damn bastard)

Tptmanno1
hehe,
fun stuff...

Bespin Bart
Delf could've gotten us 6 Censure points, eh? messed

Oh well, Ush is merciful, and Delf didn't mean to do it. yes

Ushgarak
Censure is individual.

Delfedd
Yeah. i read that...

I was like AAAHHHHH!!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexx
don't listen to them...who cares about censure?...i certainly don't! and i've been playing all this time...why should you.

just ..let loose evil face

Silver Stardust
laughing

Trying to turn some lightsiders? Sounds like fun evil face

Dexx
there is no lightside. there is only one side..the power side..and the ones too coward to grab it stick out tongue

Delfedd
yeah... nice try.

Lord Melkor
What is the current Animosity situation?

Ushgarak
Stable- currently fuzzy until the new episode starts, what with the change in leading, depending on what skills are increased and how many play, when I will re-calculate it.

DCLXVI
Originally posted by Dexx
there is no lightside. there is only one side..the power side..and the ones too coward to grab it stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Note- Animosity limit raised to six, else in the new leaderless environment- with no clear Alpha- you would get there just by breathing. Your BASE animosity limit (taking into account leaders, alphas, and lack of either) is being fixed at zero to represent the uniqueness of your situation.

Lord Melkor
So are we on zero now?

Ushgarak
Hell no! I am just counting from zero. I used to count from -2 when you had a leader, and I now SHOULD count from 1, but I am cutting you guys a break.

Lord Melkor
So no comments about current rating and reasons?

Ushgarak
I would describe it as 'high'- as is reflected by what I say in game.

Lord Melkor
Hmm, does my character contribute much to it?

Ushgarak
I am afraid I am not at liberty to dissect mechanics.

Lana
Heh, I was rereading the rules on how animosity works earlier and was thinking "well shit, ours must be through the roof right now...."

Lord Melkor
Why, we are cooperating at least, and not killing each other, a big achievement for Darkside.

As long as C types listen to me and Rand, it shall be all right

Dexx
no it shan't..as long as i don't listen to anybody....so..you just go ahead and make your alliances stick out tongue....we're still going down togetehr laughing out loud

Lana
Yeeeaaaah, right, Rianna's going to listen to you....

Lord Melkor
Maybe Gallador could seduce Rianna in order to gain influence on her?

Does she like pretty boys with exotic looks?

Ushgarak
(dives for cover)

Lana
I think the chances of Gallador surviving that would be very very small.....

newjak86
I don't care who I take orders from as long as many jedi fall before me, but having a hot leader defently helps LOL

Lord Melkor
After careful consideration, no one with a bit of survival instinct or without great fighting skills would like to be Rianna`s boyfiend. If she got angry, she could act like Anakin on Padme at the end of ROTS. ("What were you doing talking with this woman? Sorry, i didn`t mean to kill you, how bad of me."wink

Really, Darkside doesn`t make healthy relationships, I believe.

Lord Melkor
But not having the leader stinks.

We need to discuss things before we do anything or there is no cooperation, and we are doomed. Problem appears when there is no time to discuss things... And we have to decide quickly.

Ushgarak
Comes with time. This Episode is handy for you in that respect- more time to practice.

Lord Melkor
Handy? Do you mean it will offer wide range of challenges, combat and non-combat ones?

Ushgarak
Be lying if I promised huge amounts of non-combat in this one- but it;s another chance to poractice your team planning and co-operation.

Lord Melkor
I actually think second Episode had almost a balanced amount of combat and non-combat stuff(first half), considering the premise of game.

Lana
Team planning....something we need to get better at....

*glares at everyone else*

newjak86
As rianna glares at me gets really scared and wet myself

Lord Melkor
She isn`t that scary.

newjak86
She seems scary to me

Lana
laughing

Oh, you really think so, don't you Melkor....hehehe....just wait until the group does something to piss me off and I explode again.

But yeah, part of team planning generally includes listening to everyone's ideas.....

Lord Melkor
Isn`t Xavier Kolarn scary too?

newjak86
Yeah he is very scary why am I saying I am afraid of her she should be afraid of me.

Lord Melkor
Sorry, but Gallador perceives Rianna as a useful and slightly troublesome ally, that can kill enemies for him, but doesn`t have the kind of ambition to distrupt Gallador`s longe term goals( "Power! Absolute Power!"- to quote certain Sith). It is Takuan that troubles him- this barely trained boy should not be so strong!

Lana
Yeah, well, Gallador manages to irritate Rianna more than anyone else...and rest assured, should he get in her way, she won't hesitate to do something about it.....stick out tongue

Originally posted by newjak86
Yeah he is very scary why am I saying I am afraid of her she should be afraid of me.

Rianna isn't really scared of anyone else in the group....they annoy her quite a lot, piss her off....but that's about it.

Lord Melkor
But he only wants to help in Rianna`s training! Is she that much one-dimensional?

newjak86
And don't worry Xavier won't get in your way he more or less keeps to himself.

Lana
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
But he only wants to help in Rianna`s training! Is she that much one-dimensional?

No, she just doesn't have the patience, plus she simply doesn't care.

Trickster
Maybe Gallador could seduce Rianna in order to gain influence on her?

Does she like pretty boys with exotic looks?

Think you'll find that's Tanic's area, thank you.

I calculate Animosity at 5 - without Gallador's corruption - did you use it, Gallador?

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Trickster
Think you'll find that's Tanic's area, thank you.

I calculate Animosity at 5 - without Gallador's corruption - did you use it, Gallador?

Not on any allies of player characters.

How did you calculate it, care to share?

Trickster
3x3 + 2(meglomania) Rand isn't leader.. So I figured it'd apply.

Who did you use it on then?

Ushgarak
Please pay attention. There is no megalomania in effect.

Lord Melkor
Gallador can develop megalomania in future, I am afraid.

Lord Melkor
Trickster, concerning your last question I didn`t answer.... Maybe we could take joint effort in this?

Captain REX
Well, animosity is through the roof, Galder can start killing of his foes! Huzzah! big grin

Lord Melkor
What foes? We are all one big happy family!

General Zink
If Animosity means 'communication & caring' then Melkor cannot be more right. big grin

Ushgarak
The laughing ends when no-one can reasonably buy force powers and sabre skills any more.

Which is pretty much now.

Lord Melkor
No, Ushgarak, care to explain how it happened? I didn`t notice enough hostilities for this to happen!

It was a huge mistake to end Rand`s leadership!

Ushgarak
I'm sure people will work it out.

Lord Melkor
It is pretty obvious: me and Rand tried to bring some order, while Galder and Rianna act like spoiled brats!

Ushgarak
Hah! Rand was removed by unanimous vote and you are one of the main contributors.

General Zink
Rand has worked out what this Animosity is. But...I will not be sharing!

Lord Melkor
We need some kind of a leader, maybe a first among equals? He will only make decisions if there is not much time and there is no consensus. And Rand is a Master after all.

Ushgarak
Well, you don't have one, and that is that.

Lord Melkor
If majority is for it, can we put Rand back?

Ushgarak
Not now, no. Besides, Rand has lost the authority to get your leadership bonus on animosity; that was half the point.

I can't have you bouncing around back and forth every few minutes; I have to write these games! We took a firm decision.

Lord Melkor
Errorum humanum est.

Ushgarak
Absolutely! But no matter. I am sure things shall proceed well.

newjak86
even if we do not have leader it seems we just need to be able to work things out some what reasonably. i think Ush understands we are Darksiders and we are power hungry so it isn't like we have to throw picinics we just have to survive as a team.

Lord Melkor
First rule:

-Before doing something that affects situation in major way, consult with others.

newjak86
I agree

Lord Melkor
Second rule:

-Darkside is pathway to great power and understanding, but creates great dangers for those with weak will. You must control your Anger, not let it rule you. Sometimes there is time for slaughter, sometimes there is need for more patience and subtlety.

newjak86
I agree "Anger without Focus is a path to Self-Destruction"

Lana
Well, it's quite obvious that people are plotting against each other, and I suspect someone is trying to make a grab for power.....

(Trickster thinks he know what's going on, but he's not on now so I can't ask him what went on while I was gone earlier. I do think I have a good guess, though)

newjak86
There has not been a plot against rianna just discussing how to get that
Animosity down so we can upgrade normal.

Lana
I never said anything about a plot specifically against me, but I know people have been planning things. I'd be more surprised if people weren't, really.

Captain REX
Yup! Which I was surprised had never happened before! Now there is opportunity for it, I suppose...

Well, now that Animosity is up...

If we get into duels, is there no hope of escape and thus death?

Dexx
oooh....that'd be nice. maybe against some of the new chaps stick out tongue
too bad enemies are still calculated for how many we are NOW...regardless if we won't be as many in the future, as a result of intern conflicts.

hey..if any has any idea on what plots revolve around us that take us to critical animosity please feel free to fill me in..here or through a PM...my few suppositions are probably wrong. so...we need to fix it, because i want force powers !

Lord Melkor
I am going to treat non-replying to my PM`s as hostile act!

Ushgarak
Uh-oh, it's Defcon 2!

Lord Melkor
What is Defcon-2?

Fire
It's a militairy Term, I think Defcon-1 is a state of war, they range from Defcon-5 (I think) to Defcon-1 (1 the highest and 5 the lowest) US militairy uses it to determine security and defense proceedings.

Dexx
yep...i think i remember something similar
yep...appreciate the PMs(the both of themwink )

gallador....you have to realise...you're not quite in a position to threatening a character. as i have replied to you....this is a division in the group....namely against galder and rianna.
and takuan will not take sides. but if takuan feels you'll be taking the offense against him.....then we'll have to settle it the old fashioned way stick out tongue

NOTE: i REALLY appreciate the social change in the story...gives it a lil bit more drama. so....if Takuan doesn't like it much( because he has realised that a grab for power in this group isn't feasible) it doesn't mean I don't like it big grin.
so it'll be interesting seeing it sorted out.

Ushgarak
Hey, I'm happy enough. Personally, I think the new 'edginess' is far better, dramatically, than the unhappiness of organisation before- aside from anything else, the blame doesn't get all lumped on just one poor sod any more.

Lana

I know what you're up to, and since you're talking of sending PMs and I never got one, that just banishes any doubt I had....

BTW, you do realize that if anyone else doesn't like what you're trying to do you stand no chance....

(personally I'm loving all this internal plotting and power-play attempts that are going on, it amuses me immensely and I'm really surprised that none of it was going on before.)

Lord Melkor
Ha, now you see Lana, you knew nothing at all!

I am full of surprises! Working hard to improve our group`s efficiency.

Fire
You guys are really gonna have an inner group LightSabre duel soon I think

I'm getting front row tickets, And I hope ush uses the phrase:

"Let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Lana
Ahh, don't think I can't see through what you're up to, Melkor stick out tongue

Fire, I REALLY wouldn't be surprised if that occured anytime soon....

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
And then Rianna would bite off one of Gallador's ears....stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Gallador doesn`t like fighting. He would prefer a board game contest.

DCLXVI
Gallador doesn`t like fighting. He would prefer a board game contest.

So he's more intellectual, eh?

Lana
Rianna has the intelligence for such things, just not the patience. Plus she doesn't care. She knows there are more 'direct' ways of settling a dispute.

Fire
Gallador could be in trouble then, if you don't like fighting than don't scheem in the DS thread

DCLXVI
Originally posted by Lana
Rianna has the intelligence for such things, just not the patience. Plus she doesn't care. She knows there are more 'direct' ways of settling a dispute.

Like wiping out the opposition. stick out tongue

Lana
*shrugs*

It works quite effectively.....stick out tongue

BTW, do not take the fact that Rianna is very single-minded to mean that she's not smart. She is simply very stubborn and once she's set on something won't give up.

DCLXVI
*shrugs*

It works quite effectively.....stick out tongue

BTW, do not take the fact that Rianna is very single-minded to mean that she's not smart. She is simply very stubborn and once she's set on something won't give up.

I s'pose it does work quite well. stick out tongue

BTW> Single-mindedness and stubborness aren't intelligent, however.....stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by DCLXVI
I s'pose it does work quite well. stick out tongue

BTW> Single-mindedness and stubborness aren't intelligent, however.....stick out tongue

No, it shows determination, not stupidity stick out tongue

DCLXVI
No, it shows determination, not stupidity stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Fire
Gallador could be in trouble then, if you don't like fighting than don't scheem in the DS thread

Or there are other methods. Honorable fight is a very foolish concept in some circumstances.

Lana
Hey, we can't deny the fact that Rianna's single-mindedness has worked out well for the group!!! Chasing down Helkin to kill him and effectively getting the Bureau off our backs for the time being? I'd say that's pretty damn important! stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Yes, we have deep respect for your valour and fighting skills.

Fire
Takuan is the smartest Dser by far.

Lana one C type another C type all the same stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
So smart you say?

Lana
Originally posted by Fire
Takuan is the smartest Dser by far.

Lana one C type another C type all the same stick out tongue

I'm saying I have a decent intelligence score, it's the same as Gallador's in fact stick out tongue

Fire
Takuan jep he'll outlive a lot of DSers

Dexx
there's no WE gallador.

I am full of surprises! Working hard to improve our group`s efficiency.
you have only managed a division. takuan doesn't think much of it. and you're in his black book. doubt you know much about group efficiency since you're the newest member on the team (excluding these latest additions)...and with the bigest mouth.
if you pursue these actions i wouldn't mind taking you down myself. smile
seriously

Dexx
and thank you fire, i'll be sure to finish you off quickly when we meet stick out tongue..there is honor in being old too! how many jedi get tor each THAT age afterall?stick out tongue

DCLXVI
and thank you fire, i'll be sure to finish you off quickly when we meet stick out tongue..there is honor in being old too! how many jedi get tor each THAT age afterall?stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Lord Melkor
Dexx, I didn`t reveal my real plans to you.

Lana
there's no WE gallador.

you have only managed a division. takuan doesn't think much of it. and you're in his black book. doubt you know much about group efficiency since you're the newest member on the team (excluding these latest additions)...and with the bigest mouth.
if you pursue these actions i wouldn't mind taking you down myself. smile
seriously

laughing

We HAVE managed teamwork before. We can do it again. We do not really need any one person in charge, really. I mean, there are certain things that everyone's good at, and everyone knows who's good at what. Do we really need one person in charge of all? Not really. But trying to divide the group right now is not a good idea.

And yeah, somehow I have the feeling Takuan would outlive us all myself.....

Fire
Only those who out live and out class dark jedi like you stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
And why everybody insists of me making any division is beyond me.

Dexx
we don't need anyone in charge...we can work just fine only by cooperating.

and it's irrelevant if i know your plans or not, seeing as you're unlinkely to get them through.
this kind of backfired at you, you see stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Yes, I am only talking with people about ensuring cooperation! I am really tired of those pointless accusations.

Dexx
ensuring sounds so absolute...you big MEANIE!
i'm sure those are the kind of 'little things' that make you misunderstood...and passible for termination whistle stick out tongue

Lana
We can cooperate fine without anyone in charge, though.

Lord Melkor
I am okay with this, Lana.

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
I love how dispoiled the DSers are....stick out tongue

newjak86
hey we Dsers are a tight family here of trusting people can't you tell.

Bardock42
Did I post in here before?........No I didn't.......now I did.

Dexx
we even cook for eachother..and was our dirty underwear, didn't you hear? stick out tongue

Lana
We're all a nice big happy family stick out tongue

DCLXVI
A nice big happy family of murderers and socipaths. stick out tongue
Sort of like the Manson Family Cult! eek!

Lord Melkor
Well, you are the only women, it makes you responsible for maintaining a family atmosphere.

Lana
Hah! I'm also probably the most likely to snap and start trying to kill people! stick out tongue

Dexx
Well, you are the only women, it makes you responsible for maintaining a family atmosphere.
oh, a sexist remark! it's on nooow! stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Good thing we are not going to get short of Epireans any time soon.

Lana
oh, a sexist remark! it's on nooow! stick out tongue

stick out tongue laughing

Good thing we are not going to get short of Epireans any time soon.

When did I say anything about killing Epireans? shifty stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Well, let`s save your righteous wrath for Jedi and Osokans!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>