God or No God?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jodo kast
I just can't believe that people in a time like this still believe in God.Come on people, ever heard of the evolution theory?

Nazgulinthedark
Yes, I've heard of the evolution theory, and I believe in God. no expression

SlipknoT
I dont believe in God, but we do have a few threads like this already.

Mr_Famous
I believe in God. Yes I'm a biology student but the theory before the evolution doesnt makes sense to me (ie: the Big Bang theory, if there was nothing before the bang, where did the bang come from?)

theReject
^EXACTLY my question and no one else has been able to answer it, so that blows the whole Big Bang theory.
I believe in God.

hh?
i believe in God.

Storm
I don' t believe in the christian god.

theReject
Do you believe in any type god? If so, which ones?

Mr_Famous
Which God do you believe in then Storm?

Storm
No personified god.

More an energy...

hh?
Allah and Christian God...are same God.

just different religions...

theReject
^^Interesting happy

Mr_Famous
Its partly true... Muslim religion started from 1 of Abraham's sons

theReject
Yes Ishmael

hh?
yup^

alic88
^ i am a muslim, i believe in Allah(God).. we have the same belief as christian's that Adam was the first person on Earth, we even believe that Jesus is a prophet, but not SON OF GOD.. God has no family.. thats my religous belief, all muslims believe that.. we believe there came a prophet after Jesus,Prophet Muhammad and he was the last Prophet and the Holy Book(the Quran) was revealed to him by God.

ANYWAYS sorry about drifting away... ya i do believe in GOD...

theReject
^That's cool.

Afro Cheese
What does evolution have to do with God?

hh?
it didn't start from Ishmael but Ishmael was part of it.

alic88
ya it didnt start from there but the ONE GOD theory was started by Ismail.. mr.famous THATS VERY COOL THAT U KNOW THIS INFO

hh?
sarcasm?

alic88
oh ya how did the world just come into being?? the GALAXY, THE UNIVERSE... every single thing..... can u explain that? THE HUMAN SOUL.... LIFE.. animals?

alic88
neup no sarcasm.. seriously not.. i kind of get his point..

Jedi Priestess
I like to know what this thread is doing in the GDF? This goes in the philosophy section with the other 478 of them. That way people like me who avoid discussion religion on forum boards can avoid looking at them.

alic88
^agreed

Mr_Famous
I know this coz I've been studying the Bibleangel_not

Morningstar
yes yep totally agree wink

Jackie Malfoy
Should it this be asked in the different part of this site?Anyway I believe in him only because someone had to create us.We did not apear here like magic.
So yes I do believe in god.JM

FeceMan
So...you're saying I'm a moron?

Darth Revan
PM The Omega and she will be able to answer. Better yet, have a little dig through the evolution thread and find it, as it has been posted there many times.

As for the god question> no2

Darth Revan
But, if some supernatural being created us, couldn't he/she/it be called "magic"? If you're going to believe in magic at all, we were created by magic however you look at it.

theReject
magic? how so?

And thanks for the info.

Afro Cheese
I just don't get how people assume that since we "didn't come from nowhere" that some big creator in the sky created us. I'm not saying everyone who believes in God assumes that though... just that some people on this thread seem to.

theReject
Well how would you explain it?
I'm very curious to know. (And I'm being serious. I like to hear people's views on different issues.)

Jodo kast
You wanna know that?

Afro Cheese
Hell if I know where we came from. All I'm saying is that just because we didn't come from nowhere(if we didn't) doesn't mean that the only other option is that God created us. We went over a few theories in Biology class two years ago. One of them was a meteor that had life on it from other planets hitting the earth... I can't remember the rest. They were all pretty far fetched though.

theReject
where did the meteor come from?

Afro Cheese
I dunno. I really wasn't all that interested because it sounded like a bullshit theory to be quite honest.

theReject
ahh okay

Jodo kast
I believe God is more far fetched.

finti
oh I love this reasoning , cause it make so much more sense of a god that always been there, but what was there before this god started creating stuff.

I dont believe in god, any kind

ChickinMeat
well i dont really believe in anything really, i think thats called aethism or something, i havnt a clue.

m!$hA
i dont beleive in god.
but i dont think ANYONE should remark on peoples beleifs.
my mum said it's good to beleive in god so theres always someone that can cheer you up when you're sad/worried etc. if beleiving that someone's up there looking out for them is what people want to beleive then so be it!

kanis
alien I believe in some thing I'am not sure what it is but there is something that i believe in.When I was flying to canada for the first time i looked of the window and saw the clouds i thought to myself i hope if there is something don't let the plane crash. And as the plane was coming into land and the plane was suddenly rising and falling with the turbelance i was scared.

m!$hA
dont mean to wreck your beleifs sweety, but that happens when you go through clouds erm
anyway if you wanna beleive it was an alien or something then thats cool happy

i however do not beleive in anything messed

Clovie
yeah

Jodo kast
I did not say it was bad to believe in God.But i just don't understand how you can believe that.And i wanted to know why you believe in God.

eleveninches
As an athiest, I am reasonably secure in my belief that there is no 'god', but I was astrong believer in christianity for the first 14 years of my life, and it's strange, how, as an athiest, I can percieve the notion of there being a god. It's an interesting idea, with a lot of variation, but i'm still not convinced.
Anyway, religions are about faith, not truth

phinney6
We know, and it seems that you can't let it go that others actually do. Believing in something is more a state of peace for the person, to believe in something, to have a reason to live. Religion helps the majority of people, so yes I believe in God, but no one knows anything since none of us were there when it happened, hence the word BELIEVE in god, not KNOW he is there, like 11inches said, its about faith, not truth.

phinney6
We know, and it seems that you can't let it go that others actually do. Believing in something is more a state of peace for the person, to believe in something, to have a reason to live. Religion helps the majority of people, so yes I believe in God, but no one knows anything since none of us were there when it happened, hence the word BELIEVE in god, not KNOW he is there, like 11inches said, its about faith, not truth. Some people just seem bitter that others have peace of mind, and believe in something,

Mandorallen
he bleivs in the force

I belive that jesus dies for our sins, and that god is the father of the lord jesus christ.

Mr_Famous
I dont really get what ur sayin.. but believing in God and Intelligent design makes a whole lot more sense to me than any of the other theories out there. But feel free to enlighten me if u so desire

Jodo kast
And i don't.

finti
that there was nothing before the big bang doesnt make sense to you, but the fact that god has always been there does, so I ask what was there before god started creating things that makes so much more sense.
Nothing before big bang and nothing before god created stuff is kind of pretty much the same.

Mr_Famous
Heres the way I see things:
1. God was there to create things, so there was a creator who could therefore create matter, being all powerful, etc, etc

2. There was nothing before the big bang, so how could there possibly be a bang? what could cause a bang if there wasnt even air present? The only way to make sense of a big bang is if someone was there to cause it, leading me to think that God existed before the Big Bang and hence God caused the Big Bang

u get my logic?

The Omega
Which God?
There are so many. Jehova, Allah, Buddha, Visnu, Shiva, Thor, Jupiter, Zeus, Odin... and so on and so forth...

Mr_Famous
omega...... i've heard you can explain something about the big bang theory..... can u? Its only the God of the Bible for me

Ytaker
Juppiter is just the Roman of "Zeus Pater" (father Zeus).

AdventChild
God created the cell which evolved...
just kiddin it's some one else's theory....

finti
you call that logic????

so that there was nothing before the big bang makes no sense to you so where did this god of yours come form then. What logic of yours reason gods origin....................................... and who said there was nothing before the big bang?

so, even the god you put your faith in have more than one name.
Just like Aphrodite has the same function as Freia(frey)

frodo34x
Im a devout christian and I believe in God.

Ytaker
Mainstream science commonly. Omega has suggested that there were quantum waves, but I'm not sure whether that has any evidence.

I'd say Freia has a touch of Ares in her. Maybe Hera too. Norse legends generally have violent people, and Freia is supposed to be the God of war; not Athena's strategic war though, as Nordic tales rarely include tactical manoeuvres. She is also a wife sort of person (God of fertility, and wealth). Aphrodite is the God of sex, sexiness, and beauty.

finti
she is the godess of love(sex), fertility, wealth and war.

excuse me? it is full of tactical manoeuvres.

Afro Cheese
But then what was there before God.. something had to create God. Sure he may have created matter but how did time and space come to be? Was there time before God? Did he exist with nothing else and then create the universe? There's always going to be unanswered questions and the Big Bang theory will most likely never be proven true, but it makes a lot more sense scientifically than a supernatural creator that made everything in seven days. How exactly did he make the universe in 7 days when before the universe existed, there was no time, no way to measure days?

shellie
To answer the poll question....

Yes I believe in god...but not the one the bible talks about .
I believe in God the father and God the mother .

Darth Revan
I've asked that question many times before. Don't bother waiting for the person you're quoting to come back... The answer will always be "if we could understand that, we would be god."

Fiery Eyes
smile I 2nd that!!!!

FeceMan
I could say that God is a force greater than time; He transcends our limited interaction with the fourth dimension. But I suppose that you will not be sated by this answer.

I don't know how to answer that in a way that is "good enough" for you. The universe was "wild and waste", according to the Bible. From what little knowledge I have and what I have inferred, I would guess that God and chaos existed, and God brought order out of the chaos.

But that's kind of confusing.

Ytaker
Aphrodite as well then

You mean like "arrgh let's charge them and get the archers to shoot them?"

Afro Cheese
I'm sorry but could you dumb that down a little? What exactly does that mean?

FeceMan
Time = fourth dimension.

We interact with time by traveling in a linear path through it. We cannot go backwards, side-to-side, or up and down in time. We can't control the pace in which we travel through it.

finti
you dont know too much about the Norse mythology huh?

i like eggs
i beleive in God and i pray 2 Him and worship Him any one who doesn't believe in God or thinks hes stupid can suck my ass

i like eggs
**** u. u stupid peice of shit can kiss my ass. **** U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Stardust
Do I believe in God? No. I'm a straight-out atheist, plain and simple. I don't think there's any sort of higher being out there. Scientific theories as to how we got here (Big Bang, evolution) make way more sense to me than some higher being sitting around and then randomly deciding one day to create life. Yeah, that makes sense...

AnonymousNerd
Personally I don't believe in anything, and I believe Jesus was just a con artist.

Religious discussions are a no-no, because smart people can't take peoples blind gullibilty.

FeceMan
I love how we Christians are referred to as being gullible and stupid. It makes me smile on the inside.

Ytaker
Not much. I just get the impression from it that instead of any sort of military prowess is shown not by actual victories, but by how many enemies you can kill with your bare hands, or something like that. Plus how they all turn into animals (a boar in her case?) because they can't kill things fast enough.

i like eggs
evolution is a bunch of sh*t

Darth Sauron
and a big man dressed in white setting up his own high altitude factory isnt?

finti
nothing to do with Norse mythology at all, Norse mythology alike most mythologies is like your everyday day time soap opera, full of intrigues and strategic moves.
The barbaric routine you mentioned is the work of the christian church, they tried to undermine the believes and mythologies of other cultures the best way they could..........make it kind of evil and pagan.

The Vikings were just like any other army, the progress was shown in won battles not how many enemies slain, the latter was the work of "skaldene"( the scalds) to praise the "bad asses" of the battles to boost/promote the outstanding fighters because rank and social position.
of course the exaggeration of the deeds of prominent warriors went beyond the truth. The worse the deed the higher your rank and easier the access to Valhall was ensured ( you had to die of a wound to enter Valhall though .)

FeceMan
And all the gods were mortal.

The Omega

FeceMan
I was talking about time because we were talking about God and the time frame of when He came into existence. And I have no idea what the last part in parentheses means. I would assume (uh-oh...) that you are saying that 13.7 billion years is the age of the universe. If that is correct, show me the proof. If not, elaborate.

Afro Cheese
I'm no expert on the big bang theory but I believe that's the estimate for how old the universe is. If you want to do research on it:
http://ssscott.tripod.com/BigBang.html

Ytaker
They were worshiping the same God? Just a bit of enriching trivia.

Is that the point? I though scientific theories had to be backed by evidence. Even if there's no evidence for God, if you put forward a theory there must be some evidence for your Theory. The existence or non-existence of evidence for another subject is immaterial.

Immature. I asked if you were willing to drop the subject, gave you the last word. You took it, and now you resurrect the subject. If you want to continue, tell me. Try to act vaguely your age.

finti
oh we just goof around to fit your age Ytaker

FeceMan
Come now, let's be nice and act as adults. We don't need to resort to name-calling to prove a point, do we?

Morningstar
"oh we just goof around to fit your age Ytaker"

roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh now that was mature finti rolleyes1

finti
that was done so to underline the point Morningstar roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) yawn

WindDancer
Do I belive in God? When I was younger I certainly did. Nowadays I stay more in the philosophical area rather than the faithful area. I don't have any reasons to question a person's beliefs. To each his own. As for evolution it is also fine by me. If you're tolerant of others you're cool in my book. If you condemn people for their beliefs or faith then in my book you can go shit yourself as far as I care.

Celestialgirl
I do plain and simple

Bardock42
for what reasons?

xeous
This is to primarily find out how many Atheists there are out there. If you believe in a "Supreme Being" click the appropriate button. If you believe in "No Diety" do the same...

Maybe we'll get into a thurough discussion with time?

Try to keep it civil, please.

Personally, I'm an Atheist and I wanted to know(with such a diverse group of people that we have here, I thought this would be the best place) if I(and people like myself) are as outnumbered as we are in my hometown...

SlipknoT
No, there is no god

Fiery Eyes
Of course there is a God.

SlipknoT
No, there isnt

theReject
Yes, there is.(But that's just my opinion, and I didn't ask anyone to believe it.)

Bardock42
No there isn'T (I ask everyone to belive it)

Jury
Yes, there is.

Bardock42
No there isn't

DuronKiller
there is a god....

Jackie Malfoy
I believe that there is a god.I also think many who don't believe in god are depress more then people who believe in god are not.JM

DuronKiller
maybe generally speaking.... but i think there are these and those....

Jackie Malfoy
Sorry but what are you trying to tell me?JM

Silver Stardust
I say there's no god.

peterKSL
IF GOD DIDN'T CREATE NATURE OR GOD ISN'T NATURE ITSELF, GOD DOES NOT EXIST

This statement I have made myself, bardock42 has confirmed it as accurate...^^

but he decided to add at the back of it (God in the Bible does not exist)... and I think I wouldn't do anything about it since I'ma christian... lol?

SlipknoT
There is no god, end of discussion.

finti
discussion ended

theReject
With all due respect, you can't just end a discussion on whether there's a God or not. There's really no proof for your opinion or even my belief that there is a God. So, there for, the discussion is always open. That is until you die; then you know whether there is really a God or not. For now we can only speculate. smile

Cinemaddiction
Seems like you and I are the only one that know what "respect" even is. People are letting their personal convictions spill over, causing them to be a little less than "hosipitable" in their views.

I'll say this. There have been too many instances where I have been in dire straits, and been as so powerless to have made them through on my own, that it would be literal blasphemy to credit anyone/anything else other than (the one and only, in my faith and beliefs) God, whom I believe to exist, given I have ACCEPTED him into my life.

Finti and Slipknot, there is no "end of discussion" in a debate such as this, which is honestly moot at this juncture.

In closing, don't speak on behalf of anyone else. That goes for all of you. I'll respect your personal convictions just as long as you don't act as if you're the spokesman for everyone on the board. Speak in your own place, not mine.

Cut out this "no, there isn't" and "yes, there is" elementary school bullshit, too. It only weakens the arguement that nobody here apparently has, which lessens any credibility you may gain, given someone actually throws out something half way logical to affirm their stance.

Fiery Eyes
Agree w/ the elementry comment, but have seen it on here plenty, especially when it concerns, God. and I to have been in many situations where there is NO way that I could have gotton through it, w/o God.

Cinemaddiction
Well, this will more than likely be one of the last times I post in this forum. My faith would tell me to be persistant, but the ignorance I've already had to endure in less than 4 threads honestly, truthfully tells me I'm wasting my time. I hope I spread enough positive leeway that people will keep an open mind when debating such a hot topic as this, not just presenting their opinion as gospel. No pun intended.

God Bless You All, BTW.

MC Mike
laughing out loud !! I'm sorry, but that's hilarious after the comments in this thread.

finti
off course there is

BackFire
I've seen no evidence to support God existing whatsoever, so as far as I'm concerned, no there is no God.

SlipknoT
If god himself comes down and gives me a ham sandwich then I'll believe in him

Cipher
Maybe then......

Does it have to be a ham sandwich, though?

Loving_Daniel11
God's there whether you believe it or not. And for those who dont believe in God, I believe you will be condemned to hell in certain circumstances. Then you'll understand.

WindDancer
Here at KMC quite a lot. Out there who knows?

Me, There is a God.....but he is not religious. More philosophical than religious.

finti
laughing out loud laughing

Cipher
Certain circumstances? So you say, but I doubt that's frightening to those who think its all fictitous.

Jackie Malfoy
Yes there is a god!JM

theReject
I have seen no evidence to support that there is NOT a God.
So as far as I'm concerned, there is a God. smile (Just my own opinion, and I'm not asking anybody to believe it.)

Napalm
Im not sure about if theres a god or not

Cinemaddiction
Just because you don't believe in him, doesn't mean he doesn't love you. As crass as you may interpret that to be.

No, there isn't, because you choose not to believe, and want to make your beliefs the norm, when you can't. The only conclusion in this matter is that of your choice to not believe.

It's impossible to prove the existence of something that wasn't living in the physical sense. God's never been a human being.

Again, he doesn't exist in some human form. Besides, if you question his existance to begin with, are a non-believer, why would he feel the need to "show" himself to you. You'd have to be 100% willing to believe in him before hand.

Trust me, if you're a believer, he can "show himself" in ways you couldn't imagine. That's IF you're a believer.

Why is everyone looking for physical proof from a metaphysical entity...? Mindboggling.

SlipknoT
Yes! with light mayo

SlipknoT
wierd I always thought you were a satanist or athiest.

but as for your comment laughing

BackFire
"It's impossible to prove the existence of something that wasn't living in the physical sense. God's never been a human being."

Yep, and anything that is impossible to prove is false as far as I'm concerned.

And by proof, I'm mean something that too me makes me think that there is a god.

bardock
i believe in god

eleveninches
I like the simpsons episode where homer gets a crayon removed from his brain and becomes super intelligent, and proves to flanders that there is no god smilesmilebig grin

nutella-spatz
well, i don't believe in god, but i think no one should be laughed at, for his/her opinion.... i also rather think there'S a santa clause, than that i'll go to hell for not believing in him, but that's just another opinion and i tolerate it....

i think it'S arrogant and shows a sign of self-esteem issues, when someone claims "there is a god" or "there absolutely isn't" "end of discussion".... about those statements i can and will laugh....but actually it'S just sad....

i like that simpson episode too stick out tongue

Storm
Can you prove love, can you prove trust, ...?

finti
who said love and trust aint a false

Storm
So you don' t believe in love, trust, ...?

nutella-spatz
i think it is proven to each one individually, but everyone describes the same feeling in the end.... or everyone experiences it differently.........

maybe it is the same with god... when people believe in him they start "knowing" he exists.... they "feel" him....( i imagine it that way....i can't tell, i never believed)
though i think god is a decision, while i can't decide with whom i'm going to fall in love with.... and i think you can't decide who to trust, too....

finti
so what about those who looses their faith?

nutella-spatz
i don't know, i never believed in him, so i can only guess....
it was a possibility,.... how i imagine it....

Afro Cheese
I grew up believing in God but never really religious about it...never went to church or anything. But now I no longer believe in God.. just doesn't seem logical. But I do always have this feeling like there is something bigger controlling things. I think it's just an psychological thing.. in the back of my mind I want there to be some bigger picture but when I try to think it out logically nothing adds up.

finti
yeah people often say that about me big grin

Sith Master X
I believe there definitely is a god.

xeous
This is the exact crap that makes me hate religious people even more.

First of all, if god is so forgiving, he'll be pissed at us for all of 3 seconds before forgiving us for our arrogance/ignorance.

Seocond of all, you ever hear of the Son of Sam? Yeah...Well, he's a born again Christain. Full blown. He even has his own website, I forget the site address, when I find it, I'll be SURE to post it. Every Catholic/Christian that I've talked to that has read the site has said, "God will forgive him. He has repented!"

Repented my ass! Do you realize how many girls he killed?! I just chose not to believe in something right now in my life, he's never shown me that he existed in fact, if anything, he's shown me in my life that he wants me to be miserable overall. I've worked my ass off for what I've gotten...Hell, I won our area's golf championship...Guess what, I got NO media coverage. Know why? A FRICKIN FLOOD BLOCKED THE MAIN ROADS AND THE NEWSCASTERS WERE TOO LAZY TO DRIVE AROUND!

Yeah, might not seem like a big deal but, that was my breakout tournament. I beat 150+ kids to win that bastard(in a playoff at that) and, because of some friggin Hurricane that traveled 800 miles after SMASHING Florida into bits, my name doesn't get out to colleges? That's right, colleges!

Who's to say that if I would have gotten the usual 10 minutes of airtime that some scout or coach wouldn't have said, "Damn, that kid must be a player to win that tournament! And in a playoff!!!! WOW!" No...

No...I worked my ass off for my skills and my grandmother(who I loved VERY dearly) died 2 years ago...Never got to see me succeed fully in the sport that I love. Guess what, I barely made varsity that year...There's nothing that I wouldn't have given for her to see the moment I made that 4 footer to win...

Anyway, if god is out there, he's cruel, incompetant, or just a douchebag. One of the above is true...If you'd like to know why...Ask me.

And I have a great website for atheistic quotes...I'll post it when I find it again also...

xeous
I ranted a ton on my last post. Sorry.

What I was trying to say is that if god is going to send Sammy boy to heaven for repenting after slicing and dicing those girls but, send me to hell for believing in something...He's pretty ****ed up and I want no part in him or what he calls "heaven".

Draco69
No one truly knows. Not me. And Not you. Not anybody.

miahera
it's not know but believe. whether you believe in a god or something else, the main thing is you have faith in something or an expectation. if there is nothing at the end of the road, people might think there is no purpose in anything at all. people commit suicide when they lose faith or the occasional chemical imbalance. but THAT DOESN'T COUNT!

supessucks
religious forums are for the birds. I believe in God, and have experienced his presence, and found proof of his existance more than once. A forum is not enough to shake my belief in God, nor is it enough to change the views of a strong headed atheist. But in my opinon, atheists deny God because they want to live their lives on their terms without eternal consequence. For this I believe they will be denied God forever, and will suffer eternally in Hell. These are my beliefs.

ushomefree
Xeous

Claiming to be a Christian and "being" a Christian are two totally different things.

When considering ones character like the Son of Sam, it's easy to become intoxicated with anger, or fear for the matter. Yes, he commited treacherous crimes, and was an evil man.

However, your in no position to judge him. Both small and great sin seperate us from God. As you may have already heard, it's God's line of work to judge. You can't apply your own philosophy when it comes to Christianity. Christians must stand frim on the teachings of the Holy Bible.

Has the Son of Sam trully converted to Christianity? Who knows? God will reward or punish him accordingly. The gift of salvation is free to all who ask with ALL their hearts and find faith in Jesus Christ. It's the gift of grace; forgiving others when they have done you wrong. It's hard to swallow, but that's the way it is, espeacially dealing with murderers.

Being forgiven is not as easy as saying, "Hey God, I really messed up. Sheesh, I'm such an idiot. Please forgive me... I'll never do it again. Oh, and I believe in Jesus Christ; don't want to forget that part."

It's not as easy as going through the motions. He may have a great amount of remorse and pain regarding his past? He may trully be a different person? Knowbody knows but God and himself. At any rate, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Lianslo
Yes, I believe in a God. After a book I have recently been reading, I believe that there is no other way, and that Atheism is merely the easy way out.

Let me ask you this: Do you believe there is a right and a wrong? If you do, then you also believe there is a God. In order to not believe in a God, you must think that absoluetly everything in this world is terrible, and thats just the way it is, there is nothing wrong with it, and nothing we can do about it. For in calling something wrong or bad, you are making a comparision. And you are comparing something a unlimately good and Godly force. Take this analogy for instance: how can you know what a curvy line is, without the knowledge of a straight one?

finti
I am god..................... prove me wrong

ushomefree
Finti

Grow up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>