Thor vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
i know, the Sentry just got introduced in New Avengers, but who would win between these two, considering that the Sentry is supposed to "replace" Thor and all...

vote and discuss

lightaxe
Sentry would own thor, he has a mini series a bit ago. He was the most powerful hero in the world wasnt he?, i know he pacified the Hulk which was a feat in itself. He harnessed the suns light too i think.

ScarletSpider
He didn't harness the suns light, he had the power of a million exploding suns. Get your sun radiation based powers right, d00d. We haven't seen much of ol' Bob, but as Colossus says "I'd bet dollars to rubles, comrade" on him.

Havoc470
sentry would win imo, you gotta admire a character who walks up to hulk and rocks him back to sleep lol

leonheartmm
sentry wins with ease

lightaxe
Thanks for totally crushing me and my self confidence ScarletSpider, naw im just kidding but i was kinda close :/

SnakeEyes
No Thor fans here i see

FrothByte
im a thor fan... though i don't know much about sentry to make a good discussion. how bout some bios...

K3VIL
Sentry is another Supes like character in the Marvel Universe.

leonheartmm
wouldnt u say that he was more powerful than supes, i mean he conquered space and time itself and was once, virtually omnipotent.
{unless ofcourse ur talkin about superman prime, uhhh wait, the sentry is still more powerful}

K3VIL
That's the point.What' the fun with a character that is unbeatable and also is based on another character?

lightaxe
hes constantly fighting himself about his powers, the void is more powerful than he is and he fights that every time he uses his powers, also he uses a serum to get his powers and he killed his wife. So hes not uninteresting.

leonheartmm
yea but hes toooo powerful, n thas not a quality i like in heroes, {the reason why i like captain america a lot}, anyway the thing i find wierd about sentry is that the only thing his serum does is create a phase shift in his molecules allowing his molecules to be presesnt just a millisecond or something ahead of time, what i dont understand is how can just a millisecond phase shift give u the power of a million exploding suns?{specially in marvel, where time travel isnt exactly a great thing}

SnakeEyes
so he needs a serum to be powerful???? confused

lightaxe
yep

crazyspinz
i have no clue who sentery is, so i wont post in this thread..... oops

srankmissingnin
Didn't Sentry stalemate Galactus?

SnakeEyes
i have no idea... but still, he needs to use that "serum" to become powerful all the time, that seems like a horrible idea...

Mainstream
I hear the Sentry is mega strong dudes.

armandovalles
Sentry: I'm sry i do not know much about him yet but i am reading New Avengers and was wondering if he would be able to take Thor.

VS

Thor: A Founding Avenger, has impressive victories over such people as The Juggernaut, the Hulk, Hercules, and the Asgardian Destroyer.

Who wins?

Mainstream
Sentry renske

Xplosive
Sentry, probably easily or maby not, but Sentry takes it.

kgkg
Sentry.

lightaxe
Sentry anyday.

Mainstream
even Thursday?

nimbus006
Thats good Mainstream

Mainstream
thanx numbus

ALEMASTER
how do u get those pictures on

ALEMASTER
thor

ALEMASTER
eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Mainstream
go to the sig forum request a sig tell'em what ya want. A girl named Tom Welling forever made mine.

GalacticStorm
She made mine 2. Shes great!!

dvampire
Who wins this battle?

armandovalles
well, we dont really know much about Sentry, but by looking at his stats in the OHOTMU: New Avengers edition he doesnt seem to even be at Thor's level so i side with Thor.

wolverine8888
lol are u kidding me he has the power of a thousand exploding suns he would ruin thor. in the latest new avenger his thoughts a lone were beating a team of some of the best heros they are many of them equal to thor

joesha28
But still he is a unstable character. Too soon to say anything about him. Marvel called him the most powerful hero in the universe, a subsitude powerhouse for Thor. What we all have now is stats and Thor is better stats and better showings.

kgkg
Sentry wins easily smile

olympian
What team did Sentry fought recently in New Avengers.

Or should i say the Void?

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by olympian
What team did Sentry fought recently in New Avengers.

Or should i say the Void?

The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Inhumans, Namor, Doctor Strange, and SHIELD combined.

joesha28
Still Unstable

SnakeEyes
I'm not really sure who would win this, but if Sentry is all he's cracked out to be, then he might have a solid chance at victory.

The Ion
Thor

olympian
Ill wait to see how this one will play.

They will fight. Sooner or later.

I predict that Thor will be Sentry`s first loss when he gets back at mainstrean marvel stick out tongue

armandovalles
no Sentry's first loss is gonna come at the hands of Genis in the next New T-Bolts issue.

long pig
When the Void was killing everyone, Thor realized he couldn't fight it, and he stood there motionless, hardfaced and accepted the fact he was going to die at the hands of the Void with no chance at overcoming.

When the ****ing God of Thunder accepts his fate of impending death, it means something.

Sentry 10/10

armandovalles
when did this happen?

olympian
Probably in the Sentry mini.

Mindship
I don't know much about Sentry, other than 1) Marvel is calling him their most powerful hero, 2) he's unstable, and 3) he's closely "related" to the Void. He reminds me very much of a character I made up many, many, many years ago: Sequencer the Dreamseer (stats posted in a make-up-your-own-hero thread), a character who saw reality the way we see a lucid dream. Sequencer's power depended very much on his psychological constitution, this in addition to having a "related" dark nemesis.

Anyway: if Sentry can hold on, he wins. If not, Thor wins.

armandovalles
Thor wins. One word describes this fight if Sentry gets Thor pissed off: GODFORCE.

Wynndar
Originally posted by long pig
When the Void was killing everyone, Thor realized he couldn't fight it, and he stood there motionless, hardfaced and accepted the fact he was going to die at the hands of the Void with no chance at overcoming.

When the ****ing God of Thunder accepts his fate of impending death, it means something.

Sentry 10/10

What issue did this happen?

The Ion
The Void is just an Oblivion rip off. smile

JediMasterLuke5
Thor wins, nobody knows who the hell sentry is.

Wynndar
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Thor wins, nobody knows who the hell sentry is.

???? Whatever that means. Sentry is clearly more powerful than Thor. Thor's only chance would be Odinforce, or plot device where Sentry's psychological vulnerability is a factor.

Arahan
Strength, intelligence,Speed : Sentry

Sentry wins. Hard fight though

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by Wynndar
???? Whatever that means. Sentry is clearly more powerful than Thor. Thor's only chance would be Odinforce, or plot device where Sentry's psychological vulnerability is a factor.
Im telling you know body knows who the hell sentry is so of course he going to loose. Thor is Marvel's greatest hero, not this bearly even heard of hero.

Draco69
Please. Here's how Thor can win:

"Look Robert! It's the Void!"

"AGGGGGGH!! Where?! Where is it?! Is it in my cape?!"

*The crazy-ass Sentry is reduced to a catatonic state*

Two years later the Sentry and the Joker are marching for gay marriage...

Wynndar
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Im telling you know body knows who the hell sentry is so of course he going to loose. Thor is Marvel's greatest hero, not this bearly even heard of hero.

Umm...if u go to the store and actually read some comics then u'll know who he is. He's been making a lot more waves in Marvel than Thor(deceased) lately.

Originally posted by Draco69
Please. Here's how Thor can win:

"Look Robert! It's the Void!"

"AGGGGGGH!! Where?! Where is it?! Is it in my cape?!"

*The crazy-ass Sentry is reduced to a catatonic state*

Two years later the Sentry and the Joker are marching for gay marriage...

Yea and thats just weird

long pig
What issue did this happen?
Oh, that. I dunno.
I made it up.

JediMasterLuke5
Umm...if u go to the store and actually read some comics then u'll know who he is. He's been making a lot more waves in Marvel than Thor(deceased) lately.

Yea and thats just weird
But still hardly any one knows who sentry is, he's not a big named hero like Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and X-men which everyone knows who they are, Sentry on the other hand is one of the least known hero's ever!!!!!

Arahan
wtf i am hungry again??? something is wrong with me.

well sentry is not so popular like Thor, thats true.
But Marvel will surely do something to make him more popular.

snoopdogg
I think that Marvel should push for Sentry to be their main hero cause Thor isnt really a Marvel character.

He is a mythological character than can be used by DC similar to Hercules. The JLU cartoon on a recent episode had Odin in it.

cheldon
i do not know enough of the sentry yet, so i'm going to say thor (unless somebody knows something i don't know).

Wynndar
When does that show come on now?

Arahan
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think that Marvel should push for Sentry to be their main hero cause Thor isnt really a Marvel character.

He is a mythological character than can be used by DC similar to Hercules. The JLU cartoon on a recent episode had Odin in it.

agreed. thor is not really a marvel character so a own created character would do better. But thor still rocks...but loses to Sentry^^

snoopdogg
When does that show come on now? Well it has not been on for few weeks. Its suppose to be on Sat. night. around prime time.

Its a really good show.

long pig
JLU is a great show, but I can't seem to ever remember what time it comes on.

I've only saw two Eps, the Flash/Braniac & Orion/Kalabak ep.

Both were great.

The Ion
For some reason they thought it'd be a bright idea to show 4 new episodes of JLU and hold the rest of the season until January. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lucid Lui
This'll be interesting when it happens. Marvel does seem to want Sentry to become their version of Superman, in popularity and power. But Thor's pretty much the person who's mostly been in that position for Marvel, and when he makes a return i'm sure they'll want to do it in a big way. Getting punked by Sentry wouldn't help.

I can't decide who i'd want to win. I like Sentry, but i like Thor just as much.

Draco69
Sentry is the BIGGEST rip-off of Superman ever. Jesus Christ. His entire persona was page by page plagarized. Even the Void aspect of his personality was somewhat copied.

I REALLY hope Thor comes back....and wallops him back to the sh**pile of "never quite made it" heroes where he belongs.

ImmortalOne
DUde, dont you hate people that talk with an Medieval-Gothic tone ???

Like.... Odins BEARD !!! I mean.. WTF does that means !!!!

And what about that beard..... dude ....... do you really expect yer enemy will be terrified to her "<Fathers name> beard !!!" .................. ****in NO !!!

roughrider
Sentry's still too unknown and apparently unstable; Thor with the Godblast could take down what Sentry has to offer, so far, which is too much talk, not enough show.

ImmortalOne
You know what, thats what everyone probably says when a new hero comes up.................... but they will praise the hero later.....

wolverine8888
viod which is not sentry at full power beat ff,xmen,avengers,namor,docter strange easily.
also sentry was around a long time a go just because u did not read him does not mean he a new hero.

ImmortalOne
Yeah, but he just got attention when he was RE-INTRODUCED................. Back then he was just an ant in a rock concert...... get the picture ??

long pig
Well, Dr.Strange really never tried to beat him. He more or less tried to keep him safe and everyone else.

I don't think Sentry could beat Strange if Strange had more than 2 min prep.

yahman
Could Thor Beat : Doctor Strange, Namor, The Inhuman Royal family, Astonishing X Men, FF4 and the New Avengers ?

Could he beat Terrax as easily as Sentry did ? smile

joesha28
Will this fight happen? What the outcome will be?

S.S
Thor

joesha28
Ok but will this happen?

grey fox
I don't know , Thor is bad-ass . But sentry at the moment seems near-unstoppable.....

Lucid Lui
If it does happen, i'm rooting for Thor.

S.S
Originally posted by grey fox
I don't know , Thor is bad-ass . But sentry at the moment seems near-unstoppable.....
Near but not unstoppable.Like lucid mentioned Sentry's been hit with the same confidence crap that Gladiator got which means you'll see Sentry jobbing to street levelers.

Thor beats Sentry and takes his Avengers spot back.

Mindship
Sentry may have Power but he seems like a noobie with it. I give this to Thor because of his outstandingly greater combat experience.

GodofThunder
Thor has been owning the block for just a little bit longer than Sentry. Sentry has the power but not nearly as good with it as Thor is with his.......

badabing
Does Sentry still have his emotional problems?

aliveinboston
Originally posted by joesha28
Will this fight happen? What the outcome will be?

Sentry is another Superman clone. If he doesnt catch Thor off guard, Thor pounds him like he did the Gladiator.

Validus
His only clean win is against Terrax...

I hope Thor smokes him.

Etrigan
I'm rooting for Thor, but I bet Sentry wins.

jgiant
i think this will eventually happen, it has to...as for the victor...it could go either way, they should give it to thor because of his experience...or they could give it to sentry and really make sentry look like an unstoppable powerhouse, give him some streetcred cuz he is new...that wouldn't be right but they might do that, then thor would beat his ass later on...

Mr. Valentine
I think on paper thor should win.. and i think they are going to make them fight with no apparent winner...for some reason, but i think overall due to popularity Thor.. the asgardian rox bob's sox

marvelprince
If they do end up fighting I don't think there would be a clear winner. For me personally I'd like to see Sentry win

Tony Stark
I think there is a reason Reed said that Bob was the most powerful super-being ever. I think it'll be fun but IMO Sentry will be the victor.

And just for you Val...

spideycarnage
i want the fight to take place and i want thor to knock sentry's ass out.

Soujaboy
Since Thor is going to return as RTK then of course he will beat the Sentry. Besides that point he will be making his first appearance in a while thus he has to win.

Milkie
Sentry needs to die

Only Jewish can stop him

S.S
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Since Thor is going to return as RTK then of course he will beat the Sentry. Besides that point he will be making his first appearance in a while thus he has to win.
I doubt Marvel would bring him back at RKT's power level.It would make no sense.

joesha28
bump...

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by S.S
I doubt Marvel would bring him back at RKT's power level.It would make no sense.

He regained that power at the end of Ragnarok.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He regained that power at the end of Ragnarok.

It would be terrible if they turned Thor into some kind of horrible Shazam character. Some "worthy" kid picks up the hammer and becomes Thor. They did that atleast once before when the hammer somehow ended up in a rock (excalibur ripoff) and some snot-nosed kid found it and got the power of thor.

There's a reason why the hammer on the cover has the text of odin's spell (in english, naturally) and sadly, I think the reason might be a very bad one indeed. The other cover with Doom holding the hammer makes no sense so maybe there is yet hope.

joesha28
Well don't worry... We see Donald Blake coming to Oklahoma.

grey fox
Ahh so it's back the old 'Thor is a human AND a god at the same time. Too bad they already pulled the identity crisis thing with Sentry.

Grimm22

Apparently until you push him laughing

(as shown in the latest issue of NA)

the Darkone
Donald Blake is returning, Thor is coming back so is the rest of Asgard after it reforms itself after the cycle. I've heard or read that the Asgrdians will comeback more powerful than before because of what rune king thor did, each time they die they get weaker because it was the same result every time until Thor led them into the last Ragnarok and change all that with him obtaining the full power of the Odin force and Rune Magic. BTW Thor will kick sentry ass into oblivion, nobody f**ks with Captain America while Thor's around, that's a no no.

Thor all the way baby!!!!!

drwerwer
yes thors coming back and i think it would be sweet to see thor beat the hell out of sentry in a fight all tho that probly wont hsppen

spideycarnage
i think he will, with sentry siding on ironmans side would make it over kill. Thor on captain america's side would even things out. And yes no one messes with captain america with thor around.
thor will beat sentry

drwerwer
true

Darksaint
THOR

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mightythor7gi.gif

joesha28
Dude, is that how Thor gonna look?

Thanos_6383
Sentry is a headcase.Uber-powerful,but Thor has the experience.It'll be a good fight.Maybe

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
His only clean win is against Terrax...

I hope Thor smokes him.

abso-friggin'-lutely! wink

outarddwarf
Originally posted by aliveinboston
There's a reason why the hammer on the cover has the text of odin's spell (in english, naturally) and sadly, I think the reason might be a very bad one indeed. The other cover with Doom holding the hammer makes no sense so maybe there is yet hope. have you read that comic (doom holding hammer) it was good and very open ended!

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
abso-friggin'-lutely! wink

I take a Superman ripoff over a Shakespeare ripoff any day of the week. WHO wins ????? .... D.C. for not having leech powerhouses from alternate fictional stories. smile

Big Sexy
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I take a Superman ripoff over a Shakespeare ripoff any day of the week. WHO wins ????? .... D.C. for not having leech powerhouses from alternate fictional stories. smile
Uh Lobo, Imperiex

roughrider
This would be THE dramatic way to bring Thor back in the mainstream. I bet if he fights Sentry there will be no clear victor; they'll all hold hands and stand together united at the end.
And Thor couldn't stay at Rune King level and be a regular. A monthly series with a super-skyfather, would get dull quickly.

joesha28
Not a way Marvel will do their plays.

joesha28
bump

MrHeavySilence
Sentry. New player. Needs credibility.

Soujaboy
Not against The Rune King.

I e-mailed Marvel yesterday asking about Thor's return.

Big Sexy
I would Like Sentrys power to be somewhere slightly below RKT. Sorta like the relationship between Morg and Silver Surfer before morg had the WOL. But if he is as strong as they are hyping him, even RKT is in a little trouble.

Soujaboy
What all can Sentry do? He just seems like another Superman?

Big Sexy
Well, he has the basic power of Superman
Strenght, speed, durability. But he is also a very powerful telepath. Hes also pretty crazy considering hes got a bad case of multiple personality disorder to where one part of him is good whereas the other is evil. In his comic, it is shown that his dominate personality is the evil void wheras his super hero personality is the only part that is good.

His personality is very different from superman considering hes very calm, cold, and calculated. Just as bad as Genis was. He chooses who he saves based on probablility.

Mr.V
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Strenght, speed, durability. But he is also a very powerful telepath. Hes also pretty crazy considering hes got a bad case of multiple personality disorder to where one part of him is good whereas the other is evil. In his comic, it is shown that his dominate personality is the evil void wheras his super hero personality is the only part that is good.

His personality is very different from superman considering hes very calm, cold, and calculated. Just as bad as Genis was. He chooses who he saves based on probablility.

Meh right mostly, But the void is gone now... He threw him into the sun, and anyways the probability is a good thing big grin

Big Sexy
But he'll be back

Mr.V
Yeah, but not anytime soon though big grin luckily for us

Big Sexy
Whats really weird is you can use them for separate fights on these forums considered that have both done different things

Darksaint
Originally posted by Big Sexy

Sounds exactly like Superman. Supes got powerful TP and TK also.

Is his strength level close to regular Superman or say a sun-dipped one?

Big Sexy
But hes a nut, Thats why I like his appeal

Spiderman stated that he stalemated Galactus, which if true puts him above Superman but it was not shown so, its only speculation

He broke Terrax arm without effort.

He killed Carnage.

The problem is they don't seem to know where to place him.

I also read he has energy blasts as well.

His showing right now is pretty good in the new Avengers. He is battleling the collective, a dude with the combined powers of every mutant on earth.

As far as his evil side (the void) The same group that stopped Onslaught couldn't stop the void. He can also can steal souls. The last thing I saw the void do was break every bone in the Hulks body.

Big Sexy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29
Here check this

Soujaboy
Thor as King Thor was responsible for the deaths of almost everybody on earth.

The sad thing is, is that he's far stronger now.

Takion
Thor should win because of all that shit about the comeback.

joesha28
Don't know tho but he's coming back most likely on 19th of july.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.