Who would really win, Cloud or Sephiroth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DreamingWarrior
Unfortunately, I have to say Sephiroth. Cloud is so depressed over Aeris, and His buddies had to come to his rescue.... Sissy man!
To hell with the girl, Save the world!

Noah
umm this should go in the Computer / Video Games discussion, plus i think some one else has made a thread like this

Lord Ryugen
I don't think this thread has been meade but there's been a few Sephiroth vs people threads so who knows.

On the subject Sephiroth will crush Cloud unless Areith's prayer has weakened him. Look at what he was capable of:
1. fought against monsters in Nibelhem and Mt Nibel without receving damage from attacks.

2. Slaughtered the upper levels of the Shinra and killed the president.

3. Was capable of sending an astral projection of himself or projecting his will onto one of the clones and gave it the capability of flight and phasing.

4. Survived being trapped in a massive materia crystal for at least five years.

5. Critically wounded the Turks leader Tseng with one attack.

6. Held back Holy the planet's most potent weapon while maintaining a forcefield that only the Sister Ray was able to penatrate.

7. Held the entire Avalanche team imobile at the Promised Land and was about to destroy them when Areiths prayer came into effect.

Without the prayer to help him Cloud doesn't have a hope of defeating Seph

JKozzy
True, but in the end, "Cloud really won."

Morgoths_Wrath
Cloud already won, dooner

Linkalicious
I pick Sephrioth because he's a cooler character....the fight could really go either way.

The problem with RPG characters is that bad guys are always wayyyyyy stronger than the good guys because you always fight in parties. Besides, i'm sure with the right materia, Cloud could counter most of what Seph had to offer.

SaTsuJiN
how do you know it wasnt like the movie hero, where they battled 'in their minds'... and not to demote clouds coolness, but saying cloud killed sephiroth is like saying that dude who killed me when I had 5hp in counterstrike has awesome skill...

Lord Ryugen
Lol Yeah! At the end of FFVII Seph had been weakened dramaticly beaten up twice (the first time by the entire team) and yet he still had the testicular fortitude to fight Cloud man to man. Without being weakened there is not a single character who can stop Sephiroth.

radioboy121
I believe the end character was a shadow of Sephiroth, as Sephiroth was killed by Cloud years before. In all respects, Cloud should be no competition for Sephiroth - probably just another "foot soldier" to him.

I am assuming Cloud was able to kill Sephiroth before only for the fact that he was still disoriented on his belief that he was a pure blood Cetra. I find it hard to believe Cloud could get a jump on Sephiroth so easily like that otherwise.

Also, KH (Kingdom Hearts) Sephiroth would easily defeat KH Cloud.

DreamingWarrior
Hey Noah, this IS an off Topic Forum where anything is posted, and i have only been here about a week, so come on. Besides that, dont look at someone's thread and post if all you gotta say is something that could be considered rude. If you dont like a thread, do like a bad radio station and change the channel. ANYway, hahaha, yes mein hunds, Sephiroth=Coolness, Cloud=Clod. Cloud is not even a true SOLDIER, just a regular grunt, and He has a perfectly great chick in Tifa, yet he is all broke up still over Aeris. Like Jacapol said in "Count of Monte Cristo", "take the money, take the girl, and LIVE!!!" Thank you guys for the posts, even you, Noah. (ya oughtta ge tback in the ark though. hahaha j/k) I will remember to post in the right zone next time as so not to offend our resident rule lawyers... cool

kanis
alien And Cloud did have omni slash charged up at the time and yeah sephiroth was weakened by aeris's prayer but if he wasn't. And both of them could not use magic what about a sword fight.

radioboy121
Special attacks like omni slash and weapons like Ultima Weapon might not actually qualify in comparing the capabilities of Cloud to Sephiroth.

Sephiroth had a staple weapon in Masamune, while Cloud could very well have been using the nail bat and attacked normally in the final encounter (player's choice). If Sephiroth was an actual player, he could have upgraded his own weapon and have his own ultimate special attack too.

I see Sephiroth superior, as our association with Cloud is through the progress we made with him via experience points and enhancements. Since he was not exactly formally trained for SOLDIER, Zack might have even been superior overall against Cloud.

dave123
i think this says it all....

dave123
....damn I suck embarrasment

Lord Ryugen
Looks cool dave...and In ain't arguing with it. smile

Phoenix Aska
Sephiroth

Cloud had to beat him with his team and there's no way he could do it alone in the game.

But if you have played Eirgheiz god bless the ring they made Cloud far superior.

Maverick2364
Historically, Cloud winds up the victor. You can't argue with fact.

Phoenix Aska
That's true. Only because for some reason Cloud's limit break sky rocketed when he went through the spirit flow towards Gaia and did Omnislash towards Sephiroth.

Lord Ryugen
Not to mention Seph had been beaten down twice AND weakened by Areiths prayer. But yes historically Cloud did win take out the prayer though and the blonde spiky one dies fast and hard

b-dan
well i think sephiroth is coming bak in the adventchildren movie but dude u saw it on the game cloud won but cloud and kadaj thats gonna be sweet

b-dan
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Not to mention Seph had been beaten down twice AND weakened by Areiths prayer. But yes historically Cloud did win take out the prayer though and the blonde spiky one dies fast and hard clouds still alive

b-dan
Originally posted by b-dan
clouds still alive wait they both are there in the movie advent children but its in japan now if any of u ppl havent heard of this movie but u probly have go to this site http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ the sequil is coming saoon my frends

AdventChild
I would have to say sephiroth because he's the oringinal but then he's kinda insane and cloud is a depressed person dude so i'd go with sephiroth but cloud would give him a pretty damn good fight.....

GrieverSquall
Sephiroth would win, his arrogance attitude towards Cloud it seems to interfere with each encounter they have leading him to its defeat. Sephiroth is a better swordsman and skilled warrior than Cloud.

Q'Anilia
Sephiroth would have won in AC, if he really wanted to kill Cloud. There were several moments he could have slain him.

Sin_Volvagia
I see. So there are threads that existed in 2004.

LLLLLink
Cloud wins via sommoning the PIS monster big grin

...yeah...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.