Reed Richards vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog
You know I really think that Richards could take care of the Captain rather quickly...I mean what can captain really do to him? Unlike the bat, he doesn't have any gadgets to depend on, and if he throws the shield at Richards its just going to bounce right back at him. Anyway what do you all think?

MatchesMalone
I am thinking the same as you, Whobdamandog.

whobdamandog
Anyone want to argue on the side of the Captain?

norrin radd
no because its a easy battle reed takes it.

MatchesMalone
What? Now, that's just plain silly. I don't care how easily Reed should beat Captain America in a logical, well written battle. Captain America is one of Marvel's most popular heroes and he has a huge fan base. There will always be somebody to argue for their favorite hero, no matter who they are facing. If nobody decides to argue for Captain America in this thread, its because his fanboys are getting lazy. Frankly, I'm disappointed in them. They let the good captain down.

ayjay
hahaha...yeeeh....i think logically...reed takes it...but if it was actually written....then it would be a draw...because they would both wanna be friends...and team up and go kill som bad guy

KillAll
i think if the shield smacked reed in the head he would be knocked unconsciouss just like anybody else wink

i'm voting for captain america... for all reeds stretchy ness the only thing that would save him is his intellect.

even then caps pretty battle savvy himself.

ayjay
umm...is reed richards ENTIRE self stretchy...if so...if CA threw the shield at his head...couldnt he make his head stretchy so that it would absorbe the sheild and "sproing" it bak?

Tron
Ummm, Cap's shield knocking out Reed? If Reed can take a pounding from Hulk or Namor and walk off without a bruise, then there's no chance in hell a shield smack from an uber-street level like Cap will do very much to him.

KillAll
maybe not 1, 2 or 3... but several. cap has extremely good aim with it, often hitting his targe exactly where he intended big grin

i still think cap would win. what can reed do to cap that people havnt already tried?? the shield is the ultimate defensive/offensive weapon. he would more than likely out-tag reed, and then the fight would be interrupted for them to fight a villain for some greater good.

who?-kid
Probably, but I think only when Reed sees it coming. When surprised, he will go down after being hit by the shield.

whobdamandog
I rescind my initial opinion and vote in favor of the Captain...(actually, I did it because I believe Reed's becoming to invincible on this board...) wink

Tron
Maybe, but he's taken stronger hits from far stronger foes, so I really dont' see it working either way. And if Reed's quick enough, he could slingshot it back, like he's done with other things. And what can Reed do to Cap that others haven't tried? Well, for one, he could wrap around him with his body, or better yet, engulf him completely. Now, how would Cap defend against that?

Nataku8188
He could imaple him with his... 'limbs'

KillAll
i dont think reeds fast enough to catch cap in that kind of hold... caps shown to get himself out of predicaments normal humans shouldnt be able to do big grin

hes quick enough to keep up with spiderman... almost.

radioboy121
I can see Reed slingshot Captain America's shield back at him. For all Captain America's fighting prowess, I cannot see him winning this one, unless by chance the Captain richochets his shield off a surface and it somehow hits Mr. Fantastic on the back of his head.

psycho gundam
bump

KingD19
Reed wins....period.

Wild Shadow
reed ftw

rotiart
Captain America wins 10/10^10

Seriously though cap has virtually no shot against any single member of the ff. I love cap... But his powerset means he's not strong enough to outstretch reed by pulling him apart. And he has no energy attacks. Or mental. Or matter manipulation...

Us agent with his ten ton strength would have a better chance... Statisically.

shokosugi
Cap ties him up to a tree.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by MatchesMalone
What? Now, that's just plain silly. I don't care how easily Reed should beat Captain America in a logical, well written battle. Captain America is one of Marvel's most popular heroes and he has a huge fan base. There will always be somebody to argue for their favorite hero, no matter who they are facing. If nobody decides to argue for Captain America in this thread, its because his fanboys are getting lazy. Frankly, I'm disappointed in them. They let the good captain down.

You are right. In the comics, PIS would rule and Cap would take it. Reed's powers would suddenly not make him immune to the shield or something. Meanwhile, without PIS, Reed easily takes it.

Lord Feron
IMO if it's arena style battle cap should lose. If it was a city, he has a chance. Anyway RR FTW.

StiltmanFTW
Cap eats him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.