Why does batman love being alone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vaya_the_elf
Why does batman love being alone?

Is it because the death of his parents, and he fears losing others? So he does not want to get close to anyone again.

Maybe afaird that since he is batman that his ememys may come after his love ones.

Could it be that batman just does not have people skills? Or is it all the adove.

What do you think is the reason.

NoFate007
Well, he has people skills...at least, Bruce Wayne does. I think its just a fear of losing others. Thats why he doesn't wanna train Grayson at first, cause he doesn't want to be responsible for another person's death. I'm pretty sure the whole idea of Batman's anti-love thing is just so he doesn't have to get attached and then have someone ripped out from him again.

vaya_the_elf
It makes sense to me to

Punkyhermy
Yes Vaya it is all of the reasons u stated combined.
The events of MOTP make it pretty clear that he doesn't get involved with people again because of that one traumatic experience where his fiance,someone for whom he was wiling to forgo the who batman thing,breaks the engagement and leaves.
Then there is the ROTJ incident where Timmy, is mercilessly tortured by Joker as a means to get to Batman.
Even if he does get involved iwth someone regardless of these problems, the result then is also not pretty.A great example would be the failed Bruce and Barbara relationship implied in BB. Barbara and Bruce did have a fling but it couldn't b emore because when it came down to it, Batman was already married to his job. Barbara said that he would have to choose a life with her, or one alone on the streets as Batman.Bruce of course chose Batman over her.
The guy is obsessed and he knows it.He tells all this very clearly to Diana in JLUs "This Little Piggy"
saying
"Dating within th eleague always leads to disaster.
If my enemies know I have some one special they won't rest until they get through to me through her
I am a rich kid with issues...lots of issues..."
HAHAI LOVE MY BATMAN!

Joker1237
Yes I got the uncut verson of ROJ. I got both versons, but now I confuse,

Did the Joker die by getting shot(IT was pretty cool by the way)
Or getting Zap(It would have been cool if it we could have seen it)

vaya_the_elf
Poor batman

Joker1237
yes poor Batman indeed,

So Batman Forum are you with me, oh yeah Dead.

Bat Dude
The reason he loves to be alone is becuz he is attracted to justice so much and he doesn't let anything distract him.

vaya_the_elf
I think deep down he wants to be around people, but does not want his love ones getting hurt. Also I think his biggest fear is that one of his love ones will die because of him.

Joker1237
I would take Wonder Woman, IT would take something big to kill her lol.

Batman is alone, I think he lacks people skills, and the Bruce Wayne is only a image.

vaya_the_elf
You might be right. He just might not have very good people skills, or just does not want to have them.

OtterVomit
Batman knows that loved ones can be used against him, but more than that, he has intimacy issues due to his traumatic loss as a child. It is obvious Bruce Wayne adored his parents, and when they died so did his ability to comfortably love someone. His chosen profession amplifies his fear of loss.

Bruce Wayne plays the playboy role, but rarely (if ever) has any serious relationships. Its simply too big a gamble, and the gamble hits too close to home for him.

DirectorFitz
Plus, his image is better alone....

Imagine seeing Batman on a rooftop, clad in Black, and he's scary looking....
and all of the sudden, some flamboiant kid comes out in a green speedo.....

Joker1237
Hey Robin has been redesign to look more dark than before.

Besides, Robin is ok in the comics. Just dont have him wine to much, and aurge with the Bat and its ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.