JLA vs. Dark Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
I personally think Superman could hold out against Dark Phoenix so do the JLA stand a chance? smokin'

lightaxe
why would superman be able to stand up to a god who eats suns?

GODSCRIBE
good question.

doctorstrongbad
Dark Phoenix wins this.

Private Pion
Hmm. Dark Phoenix.

roughrider
It's Dark Phoenix, absolutely.
They better call for the Spectre, if they want to live at all.

Draco69
Only hope is Martian Manhunter's telepathy to reach out to Jean.

GODSCRIBE
No way thats gonna happen...if he can't reach out to an insane Zatanna then attempting to subdue phoenix may kill him.

Draco69
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
No way thats gonna happen.

Eh. Worked for Xavier.

GODSCRIBE
No, it worked for xavier AND jean. big difference.

Draco69
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
No, it worked for xavier AND jean. big difference.

MM would reach out to Jean by telepathically singing Luthor Vandross. No woman alive can resist his songs...

GODSCRIBE
haha

yugotank
Luthor Vandross songs would have no effect on her...She's a huge fan of 50 Cent.

guy222
DP

fangirl101
With Two GL's, I don't know. And Zatanna. The league's chances are pretty good.

Mindset
Wtf is a GL to DP?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
Wtf is a GL to DP?
Well thier shields can hold against her. It's not like she just went around battling people at solar system busting levels. It's not just Gl's but it's Zatanna as well. I just said thier chances are better.

tdawg14
JLA has no chance

fangirl101
Originally posted by tdawg14
JLA has no chance
Didn't they beat a Quantum Zealot?

george '06
i dont want to think about how badly the JLA gets sodomized

TheBadguy
Somebody just lost all credibility with their answer in here.

CaptainStoic
Dark Phoenix would run through the JLA, like shyt runs through a goose. She can devour Stars for crying out loud.

jks
Originally posted by fangirl101
With Two GL's, I don't know. And Zatanna. The league's chances are pretty good. Green lanterns? zafreakingtana? Against dark phoenix? .....and their chances are pretty good? What kind of crap is that? Take that crap back to kmc....oh....

well...you are the epitome of why this board is stereotyped the way it is.

Val-E-Doosh
TWO GREEN LANTERN'S

laughing out loud

iceman24567
They better ask Mxy for help that's thier only chance.

TheBadguy
but Guise they have TWO GREEN LANTURNS

AND A GIRL WHO TALKS BACKWARDS!!

They stomp the universal power.

Galvaclaw
Dark Phoenix's greatest feat can't be eating a sun? I've never read the dark phoenix saga so humour me.

Superman did that to the anti sun within in maggedon. Thats a feat I'm sure most energy absorbing top tiers could do.

Harbinger
JLA gets stomped.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Dark Phoenix's greatest feat can't be eating a sun? I've never read the dark phoenix saga so humour me.

Superman did that to the anti sun within in maggedon. Thats a feat I'm sure most energy absorbing top tiers could do.
She also beat up on the xmen.

kgkg
She also beat up on the xmen. X-men are serious business

fangirl101
Originally posted by kgkg
X-men are serious business
So she ate a sun and beat up on some xmen.

guy222
and the jla defeat dp how

dark phoenix ftw

fangirl101
Originally posted by guy222
and the jla defeat dp how

dark phoenix ftw
Zatanna's magic could seperate the the entity from the host maybe. a spell that calls on something like the m'kraan to bind the phoenix. Etc.

TheBadguy
If I remember correctly Jean IS the phoenix entity

fangirl101
Originally posted by TheBadguy
If I remember correctly Jean IS the phoenix entity
Dark Pheonix specifally for this thread. that means how she was percieved at the time.

LordKaos
Dark Pheonix specifally for this thread. that means how she was percieved at the time.

Well then they are dealing with the Phoenix Force in a Jean Grey suit, meaning no Jean resurfacing or erecting mental blocks, they go down. Trying to remove the Phoenix before she's ready to go kills the universe, not that i believe Zantanna can use M'Kraan to do anything let alone bind the Phoenix, not to mention Phoenix already showed us that her power is enough to contain the crystals threat, and with next to no effort the fraction that activated Madelyne Pryor ended Inferno (a very magical event, that threatened reality)

fangirl101
Originally posted by LordKaos
Well then they are dealing with the Phoenix Force in a Jean Grey suit, meaning no Jean resurfacing or erecting mental blocks, they go down. Trying to remove the Phoenix before she's ready to go kills the universe, not that i believe Zantanna can use M'Kraan to do anything let alone bind the Phoenix, not to mention Phoenix already showed us that her power is enough to contain the crystals threat.
Because you said so?

LordKaos
Because you said so?

Because it was written that way, first the Phoenix was to be Jean with her power fully unleashed, but she killed 5 billion so they made it a separate entity, meaning the dark phoenix in the saga was the Phoenix force wearing flesh. When Jean first stopped the crystal she had a vision of Dark Phoenix and erected mental blocks to keep the power in check, the hellfire club weakened those blocks Scotts near death at the hands of Shi'ar completely destroyed them. And if your saying Zantanna can somehow find out about the M'Kraan and then use some kind of spell to bind the phoenix, I'd like to know where you got the idea that the crystal is some kind of weakness to the Phoenix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.