More credible, God or Bigfoot?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
I've seen videos, pictures and even casts made from footprints supposedly of the sasquatch.

The closest thing I've seen to evidence of God was the movie "the Ten Commandments".......and they admitted it was a hoax. It wasn't real at all......it was all written and performed by actors.

Seems to me that with millions of followers who God constantly watches over and judges......whom he loves........he would let atleast one of them take a picture at some point in time.........if not for proof then just for a cool momento for one of his fans to put on their mantle.

SlipknoT
Definatly Bigfoot. There have been thousands of eyewitness acounts. And Bigfoot is probably just a species of ape we havent found yet.

Cinemaddiction
You guys keep forgetting, God isn't/wasn't a human, and he only proves his existance in those who believe. For people to conversely prove his existance in their own lives is impossible, however.

Evil Dead
- sasquatch isn't/wasn't human

- if a person believes in god, it is impossible to prove his existence as the very defenition of belief is to have an idea that is not supported by fact or evidence......basically if it's proven, it's fact...not belief.

I love you C-dic stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Bigfoot

SlipknoT
So god is supposed to be a gas or something?

Dwarfdude
^You could say that....Supposedly you cannot see God, the Father, for if you do, you die on the spot.

And your right, God cannot be proven, God can only be believed in, which makes God a genius. Because God can pick out the ones who believe fully and those who say they believe but always look for proof....

But yeah, I'm not a devout Christian, but Revalation has some nasty images.

JohnConstantine
we are not talking about belief here. We are talking about credibility. Obviously, big foot has more of it. No one that is living on this earth right now has ever seen god himself and if they have, they belong in a mental institution.

JohnConstantine
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Dwarfdude
Well duh. Bigfoot has a load more credibilaty. I was just rambling. That, and someone mentioned that why doesnt someone take a picture of God, and I was making the point that its impossible.

JohnConstantine
well i wasnt replying to wut u said. i just saw the thoughtless question and put the obvious answer down. looks like we have some confused Christians in Americano expression

SlipknoT
So God is basically a big fart? no expression

JohnConstantine
ya, or God must be Elizabeth Taylor

Afro Cheese
God.. because if he did exist you wouldn't be able to detect him so he could never be spotted. On the other hand, if bigfoot exists, we could easily spot him and probably would've caught him by now. So God could remain undetectable forever while bigfoot would inevitably be found sooner or later. I don't believe in any of that crazy sci fi shit though. You know.....aliens, bigfoot, lochness monster, God, etc.

clickclick
Metaphysical

Evil Dead
says who? where'd you get your information from? I find it extremely hard to believe that a being can create an entire universe from a void......can conjur up life at will.......yet cannot make himself appear detectable to those he created.......to pop in and say hi to his fans, sign a few autographs and take some pictures.

wow.......god must be the rainman of dieties.

clickclick
Its not that he couldnt persay make himself technically visible but according to the bible a person would die if they saw him because he is pure and they of course are not.

You arent going to get concrete physical evidence for something operating on a supernatural level.

Evil Dead
- I don't remember reading that......just to satisfy my curiosity, book and verse please?

- moot point as you are using a book written by men as your source......not a book written by a god. How would a man know about god? why should this man be taken seriously and not locked up in an insane asylum? how do you know these men weren't just practical jokers pulling your leg?

Dwarfdude
Personally I'm not a Creationist, so I dont think God made the world....Thats right, I think we were all brought here by an alien race....alien1.....But seriously, I'm an Evolutionist.

Afro Cheese
It was just a guess.. I wasn't stating facts. But from what I understand you can't see God, so that explains why he's never been spotted. On the other hand, bigfoot you could easily see touch and feel yet we still haven't found him. I don't believe in either one though.

clickclick
Ill get back to you on that, im not 100% positive but id say im around 92% positive.

I know that it was written by man, that is one of my critisms but it is what it is. If God communicates with man than man would know of God.

According to the Old Testament God used to speak directly to certain righteous people, believers. After the death of jesus though people must communicate through jesus.

Evil Dead
so if a man told you Jesus stopped by his house to have a chat with him you wouldn't think he was crazy........you'd just take his word for it?

really.....I'm not trying to bash your beliefs or flame you.......I'm just trying to apply logic to what you are typing. It's all meant in good fun.....don't take offense.

you are using your source (the bible) to verify your source (the bible)...........If I wrote a book that stated God talks to me.......and only me.......would you not think me crazy? I mean......it says right in my book that God only talks to me.....so wouldn't you just take it as fact that he has given me new laws the world should adhere to........after all, I'm the only one God talks to so my book has to be right......it even says so in my book.

finti
today those righteous people are found in asylums wearing strait jackets labeled lunatics

clickclick
laughing

Come on now.

clickclick
I wont take offense. If a person told me that Jesus stopped by his house, Id first think maybe he knew somebody named Jesus, then was joking and would probably continue to believe he was playing a joke. Eventually though I might assume him to be crazy. When people communicate through Jesus, it doesnt mean Jesus is a physical being.

Well if you wrote that God was giving you new laws, yes you would be crazy. People already know what they need to know.

Evil Dead
clickclick........

do you honestly believe that if the apostles and Jesus showed up today and made the claims they did 2000 years ago that they wouldn't be labeled lunatics? Ofcourse they would........we'd see a bunch of shaggy wanderers and call them crazy bums. Why should our opinion of their claims be any different just because they were made a long time ago. We have a lot more knowledge now than we did 2000 years ago. If anything........shouldn't thier claims be taken more seriously today than they were then?

clickclick
Well say all that never happend and it was happening today, yes I do believe people would follow. I believe that some would witness miracles and believe.

You have some sort of bias for people today but I do not. Additionally being more modern doesnt mean they know more about God either. Are you insinuating that people today understand God better?

finti
they understand the bigger picture due to more info on stuff

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. Well, in my eyes, god is a matter of faith. One can't really be sure. However Bigfoot is scientifically possible, and could quite easily exist. It fits in quite easily with the theory of evolution, the whole missing link aspect (although in evolution links aren't really obvious, its a slow progression). The only problem is it existing in a time it shouldn't. Still, based upon scientifically supported evidence, logic and probability, I must admit it is perhaps easier to believe in "Bigfoot" then God...

finti
bigfoot, one example of its spieces sits in the White House

Imperial_Samura
laughing That it does. Horrifying to think we may have evolved from something like that. wink

clickclick
depends what you mean by "the big picture."

Napalm
Well I can say I believe in bigfoot Im not sure about God

-=Urot=-
I say BigFoot, cuz I've seen him walking down my street last week in a top hat and tails. big grin

Hehe... I just love George Carlin's view on Religion and what-knot.

http://vanallens.com/exchristian/gc_religion.mp3 This link is funny as hell, and he tells the truth. stick out tongue

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.

When it comes to BULLSHIT...BIG-TIME, MAJOR LEAGUE BULLSHIT... you have to stand IN AWE, IN AWE of the all time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion.

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you. And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate.

Loving_Daniel11
God.
God created everything, whether those of you athiests believe it or not.
Bigfoot has done nothing to fascinate me.

-=Urot=-
Besides the Bible and the church, do you have any real proof of you're claim?

Loving_Daniel11
Do you have any proof that Big Foot is real? NO. All those footprints and snapshots could've been a damn guy in a suit, or someone looking for attention.
Whether I waste my time explaining to you why God is more credible or not it's just going to be hectic for all the athiests nagging back at me with their wrong insults and theories and comments.

finti
the credibility of a god is as big as the fact that the moon is a big cheese

clickclick
An opinion on whether or not something is credible is relative to the individual.

BackFire
Bigfoot. At least I've seen some pictures of him (whether or not they're fake, it's still something, which is more then I can say about God).

The only thing to back up the existance of God is an old, boring book that contradicts itself numerous times.

finti
you`ve seen pictures of me too BF, so you have seen pictures of a god too eek!

BackFire
Touche. But I never thought God could be as good looking as you. stick out tongue

Napalm
Bigfoot has been sighted for hundreds of years are you saying its all fake?

Evil Dead
but people claim to witness miracles all the time and we do not believe them...........hell, last month some nutjob was selling a grilled cheese sandwich on Ebay because she believed the virgin mary appeared on it, that is quite miraculous is it not?

no.....I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flat out stating that people today have much more knowledge and understand our natural world and universe better than men 2000 years ago did..........ever noticed there aren't any new "gods" popping up lately?.......all major religions are centuries/millenia old?........you know why? People today have a better understanding of our world and have no need to make up new gods in attempt to explain the mundane workings of nature.

Seriously.......John, Mark, Mathew..........not a damn one of them could tell you why grass is green. Not one of them could tell you why the sky appears to be blue. Not one of them could tell you about ocean currents and it's affect on coastal tides. These are all things a 10 year old could tell you today. John, Mark, Mathew and the rest had the knowledge of a mildy retarded child by today's standards................yet you take their word about a subjects as expansive as god, human creation, creation of the universe and it's function and meaning?

Call me crazy but before I take somebody's word about the nature and meaning of our universe and how it came to be.......I would atleast like the person to be able to tell me why the grass is green first.

clickclick
Im talking about people witnessing miralces being performed through somebody. Not once but mulitiple times. Ultimately though the answer remains the same, yes people would believe but not all. Just as it was then, just as it would be now.

What you are neglecting is how many people are religious today. Yes people have more knowledge today, I wont dispute that but that doesnt mean that they have more knowledge in regards to God or the nature of God.

They did not have all the information we have today, its not like every individual today discovered these things either. They still had intelligence back then, communcation with jesus and learned his teachings.

People certainly have a better understand of how the physical world works today. This however is about a supernatural being.

Evil Dead
to save myself the trouble of finding the statistics.........will you admit that religion is in a downward spiral today? The numbers are falling with every passing year..........the more knowledge we gain, the less people who believe in religion?

a supernatural being who has been credited as creating humans, the universe and everything in it. Is it not fair to say that if you don't even know why the grass is green you are not competent enough to offer up explanations as to how the universe was created?

clickclick
What are the percentages between theists and atheists? A good deal of people are religious.

Well I disagree but Ive got a question to ask.

If you know why grass is green, does that mean you know how the universe was created?

Evil Dead
1. I'm not talking percentage. I'm talking actual members of the Christian religion. Do you admit there are fewer Christians today than there were 5 years ago?.....that there were more Christians 5 years ago.......more than that 10 years aog.......and more than that 20 years ago..........that Christianity is losing numbers.

no.......but it means I have the right to speak on the subject in a somewhat knowlegable manner. I do have some idea of the workings of our universe and am not just pulling random thoughts out of my ass........as opposed to those who claim to know how the universe was created yet knew nothing of the universe or explanations of our natural world.

3. you've still never responded to my ealier post to you..........about you taking your ideas and passing them off as ideas of the Christian faith even though they are never mentioned in the bible...or taught as part of the Christian faith.

clickclick
I thought you just mentioned percentages. Are there fewer Christian today than there were in the past? Well I dont have any numbers in front of me but I wouldnt be surprised. Doesnt it account for this in the bible though?

Did you discover why grass is green or are you not just using other peoples conclusions/thoughts?

Please tell me what you know about the creation of the universe, im kinda interested to find out what you believe.

Lets not act like I was avoiding your post. I responded to it when I read it.

-=Urot=-

finti
the numbers of chrisitans are falling, and the world total number of chrisitans desnt really tell the whole truth.
Take Norway as an example, we have a state religion (lutheran protestants) if you are not a member of a different denomination or a religion you are automatically a member of the state church when you are born. The total membership for Norway is around 87%. Now of those members, due to surveys, a percentage below 30 considered themselves as christians. Yet the number of 87% or the total toll of people is whats being counted through statistic. The actual number is 27,5% not 87......... and it is similar numbers for all of Scandinavia

Celestialgirl
yes but it is also impossible for people to prove he does not exist

finti
time will tell

Evil Dead
actually finiti........she's got us on that one.

ofcourse it was probably by accident. I wonder is she knows it is impossible to prove any negative.

please keep this discussion rational. you are quickly turning your argument into a straw man. I never said I know about the creation of the universe........you know that. You are just trying to twist words around to make your point of view more appealing. Nobody KNOWS about the creaton of the universe as we were not here at the time and it is impossible to duplicate in a laboratory. My point was simply that I do know information about our universe.......which means I can atleast discuss the topic of our universe with a bit of knowledge on the subject.........as opposed to those primitives 2000 years ago who knew nothing of our universe but somehow knew how it was created. If you don't know the alphabet, you can't spell words. That simple. You must know the most simple information about a subject before you can even begin to start thinking about the more complex, much less proclaim that you understand it completely......my point was made very clear and you understood it perfectly. I must say it is rather annoying for you to resort to such childish measures as twisting words I have typed or simply saying that I stated something that I did not. I have not done so to you......I have even directly quoted you when speaking of statements you have made........I think it only polite that you treat me with the same kindness and not resort to childishness.

as for the grass being green........chlorophil is scientific fact. It was known long before I was born........so why would there be reason for me to research the subject? What's next, would you like me to research why circles have no corners?

BackFire
I love you Evil Dead.....oh so much.

Evil Dead
I'm a BackFire fan myself.

BackFire
You always know how to make a gal feel appreciated.

Evil Dead
love

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

finti
actually you dont have to prove the non existense, it is the existence that needs to be proven

clickclick
Well I think you missed my point. You are stating that if they dont know why the grass is green and so on, how can they know about the creation of the universe. Well im insisting to you that those things are simply unrelated, as you have just demonstrated. Thanks

You can discuss the physical world with presumably more knowledge but there is nothing to suggest you know any more about the supernatural. So if God (supernatural) told them even in a simplified explanation about the creation of universe, then you arrive where we are at..

I was not trying to insult you, that was simply not my intention.

Ok and you know that because information was available to you. Just as they could know about the creation of the universe if the information was available to them, how? By God telling them. It doesnt have to be that complex an answer for people to get an understanding.

Bardock42
Can someone please state where in the bible it says that by seeing god you die. I mean I know that was the belive they had in old egypt but except for that?

clickclick
ill find out...

Darth Revan
Bigfoot. There's no reason why they couldn't exist... Nobody claims they have magical powers, or anything...

-=Urot=-
Exodus 33:20 (King James Version)
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Also check out some of the contradictions in the Bible concerning mankind-seeing God or not.

GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16, 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB 42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.
EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not seen. No one can see God's face and live. No one has ever seen him. O_o

Bardock42

Evil Dead
just as all conversations with Christians..........surprise, a big contradiction.

Last I checked, our universe was a physical thing.......not supernatural. As a matter of fact, I'm physically in our universe at this very minute.

You state that I do know more about the physical world (which is our universe)........but at the same time state that the people 2000 years ago knew more about the universe than I do, including how it was created........and they got this information from a magical being that nobody can see..........and we know that nobody can see this magical being because it says so in the bible........shortly after the bible states that moses saw god face to face......and lived..........oh lord.

I believe the Christian faith should chainge their symbol from a cross to a circle........it seems to fit them better as it symbolizes every argument or explanation they can put together.

I have a question for you.......since you're quite the expert on Christianity. If there's only one God in your religion, why does the bible state that the "sons of gods married the daughters of men"?...........I'd just like to see an explanation from a Christian on this very large contradiction in the bible.

clickclick
Im sorry but you spoke too soon. There was no contradiction but ill go on and explain

I think you know more about the workings of our universe, yes. I didnt say they knew more about the physical universe than you, im saying that they dont need to know as much about the physical universe to get an understanding of the supernatural force which created it.

Do you have a belief of how the universe started or why it exists? Im curious to know.

Moses did not see God.

An expert on Christianity? I havent havent even read a bible in many years. Where does it state that and ill see what I can do to give you an answer.

Ytaker
Actually most people see themselves as supernatural. For instance, when a scientist who I cannot remember the name of at the moment stimulated various parts of the brain, of epilepsy patients, and made them move and talk, they said it wasn't them who did it, it was the scientist. They see themselves divorced from their body and brain.

This little titbit is useful for fighting of non-Trinitarian views. Jesus (who is God) can be seen. When Moses saw God, he saw the Jesus part. Plus, God isn't magical, he's supernatural (just to get the right viewpoint, though I am most likely dictionary wrong). He is over nature. He's the only being that could exist outside nature (e.g. time and space), and have the volitation to create a universe.

ushomefree
First of all, the Bible does not contradict itself. The Holy Bible is divine and was inspired by God (the Holy Spirit) through man. Christians who lack knowledge, and cannot build a solid foundation for apologetics, may trip and stumble across their own words. That only proves that THEY are wrong... not the Bible.

The Bible is a very indept book, and one that requires a life time of study. Skimming through the pages like Playboy magazine will leave you frustrated and confused. You must read the scripture with purpose and understanding.

People fail to realize, that the Bible was written on 3 different continents, over a fifteen-hundred year span, by over 40 different authors! The Bible is the most powerful book in the world. The Bible contains thousands of prophecies which are confirmed with secular history. And, Jesus Christ, the main focus of the New Testament is proved with both secular history and science.

People are subject to being criticle and refusing anything that is difficult to understand and seek knowledge of. Atheists, scientists and skeptics (to name a few) have studied the Bible in attempts to destroy it's authenticity. In the process, the become overwhelmed with evidence that supports the so called "silly" book. In other words, you don't have to subect yourself to intellectual suicide to believe in the Holy Bible, nor God, or Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. There must be factual evidence to support claims the Bible has made.

When you study the Bible, you have to be honest with youself. Have you sincerly made genuine attempts to learn about the book inspired by our creator? If the Holy Bible was full of non-sense, they book would have become and remained a conversational piece at museums around the world! The Bible would have been defeated. Lies do not live long.

As for Big Foot, in what way, shape or form does that discredit God? If there are ape like creatues in remote places on earth; so be it! What is your point?

finti
oh really so how do they prove his divine state then

Evil Dead
UPDATE:

last week on CNN headline news.......that's right.....nation wide, largest news company...........showed new pictures of Bigfoot.

in the last year and a half since this thread.......no new pictures of god to add to the zero pictures of god that already exist, the album we store in the same room with the other zero evidence of god's existence.

by room.......I mean empty matchbox.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Evil Dead
UPDATE:

last week on CNN headline news.......that's right.....nation wide, largest news company...........showed new pictures of Bigfoot.

in the last year and a half since this thread.......no new pictures of god to add to the zero pictures of god that already exist, the album we store in the same room with the other zero evidence of god's existence.

by room.......I mean empty matchbox.

Okay by your logic there is no such thing as air. You cannot take a picture of air but by your logic if you cannot take a picture of it; it doesn't exist.

Regret
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Okay by your logic there is no such thing as air. You cannot take a picture of air but by your logic if you cannot take a picture of it; it doesn't exist.

You can take a picture of air, it requires a specific type of microscope, but it is entirely possible.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Regret
You can take a picture of air, it requires a specific type of microscope, but it is entirely possible.

So let me get this straight? Because you cannot see God, hear God, or touch God; that means he doesn't exist?

Regret
Originally posted by ESB -1138
So let me get this straight? Because you cannot see God, hear God, or touch God; that means he doesn't exist?

I don't believe that, but your response was not accurate. One should always speak the truth.

Evil Dead
my logic is quite simple......picture or not......if there is zero tangible evidence of something existing, there is no reason to believe that it does infact exist.

absence of evidence does not imply evidence of absence.......but obviously after millenia of searching by millions of followers.......looks like one piece of evidence would have shown up by now.

this post is quite simple. There is actual physical evidence proposing Bigfoot exists.......is it genuine? not important to this discussion. hoaxed physical evidence for a bigfoot is still more credible than a complete absense of evidence for another ficticious being.....especially when those making incredible claims have had millenia to put forth the incredible evidence to back it up but have not put forth any evidence at all.

ESB -1138
my logic is quite simple......picture or not......if there is zero tangible evidence of something existing, there is no reason to believe that it does infact exist.

absence of evidence does not imply evidence of absence.......but obviously after millenia of searching by millions of followers.......looks like one piece of evidence would have shown up by now.

this post is quite simple. There is actual physical evidence proposing Bigfoot exists.......is it genuine? not important to this discussion. hoaxed physical evidence for a bigfoot is still more credible than a complete absense of evidence for another ficticious being.....especially when those making incredible claims have had millenia to put forth the incredible evidence to back it up but have not put forth any evidence at all.

God has revealed himself through his works, through his creations, and through his wonders.

Evil Dead
damn you for keeping all of this evidence to yourself and not sharing it with the rest of the world. come on now........share with the rest of us.........what works, wonders, creations, etc. are you privy to that the rest of the world has not been for the last several millenia.

you and god must be tight.......I mean.....to trust you and you alone with this type of information and not sharing it with the billions upon billions upon billions of people who have existed in the last few millenia.

ESB -1138
damn you for keeping all of this evidence to yourself and not sharing it with the rest of the world. come on now........share with the rest of us.........what works, wonders, creations, etc. are you privy to that the rest of the world has not been for the last several millenia.

you and god must be tight.......I mean.....to trust you and you alone with this type of information and not sharing it with the billions upon billions upon billions of people who have existed in the last few millenia.

Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Evil Dead
ooh......

copy/pasting from intenet sites are much easier than thinking eh?......ofcourse it is, you're a Christian! why think for yourself when you can copy/paste was somebody else says........

I must say though.......the whole copy/paste verses is a tiresome gimmick.........if this were Survivor, you'd already be kicked off.

Alliance
What if your god is bigfoot? fear

lil bitchiness
I've seen videos, pictures and even casts made from footprints supposedly of the sasquatch.

The closest thing I've seen to evidence of God was the movie "the Ten Commandments".......and they admitted it was a hoax. It wasn't real at all......it was all written and performed by actors.

Seems to me that with millions of followers who God constantly watches over and judges......whom he loves........he would let atleast one of them take a picture at some point in time.........if not for proof then just for a cool momento for one of his fans to put on their mantle.

Hmmm, I think my God is far more credible than Bigfoot. Your idea of God is limited to what Bible, Torah and Qur'an have to say, which I feel is rather weak - much like all those who follow those religions.

My idea of God is Universe, and everything in it. I don't need to prove my God, I am one, and so is everyone and everything around me. I see it and I exist as it. Far more credible than bigfoot.

Evil Dead
a god is a diety, by very definition. We already have words for our unvierse and yourself.........they are "universe" and "yourself".......

lil bitchiness
a god is a diety, by very definition. We already have words for our unvierse and yourself.........they are "universe" and "yourself".......

Not true.

Maybe in the ''west'' God is defined in your terms. In 'Easern religions' and Paganism, it most certainly is not.

Shakyamunison
More credible, God or Bigfoot?

Bigfoot, however Bigfoot is part of God, but I cannot prove that. So, Bigfoot it is.

Evil Dead
word. there are pictures of bigfoot......plaster casts made of footprints.....hairs..etc. No pictures of the god inside lilbitch's head.....

Shakyamunison
word. there are pictures of bigfoot......plaster casts made of footprints.....hairs..etc. No pictures of the god inside lilbitch's head.....

Here is a photo of god. laughing

Lord Urizen
copy/pasting from intenet sites are much easier than thinking eh?......ofcourse it is, you're a Christian! why think for yourself when you can copy/paste was somebody else says........

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Here is a photo of god. laughing

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Hmmm, I think my God is far more credible than Bigfoot. Your idea of God is limited to what Bible, Torah and Qur'an have to say, which I feel is rather weak - much like all those who follow those religions.

My idea of God is Universe, and everything in it. I don't need to prove my God, I am one, and so is everyone and everything around me. I see it and I exist as it. Far more credible than bigfoot.

docb77
from an empirical point of view, Neither is credible. From other points of view?

Witnesses:

God - Most eyewitness testimony is too old to be useful
Bigfoot - most eyewitness testimony is from dubious sources

physical proof:

God - Only his handiwork, which is not recognized as such by many
Bigfoot - abundant footprints, hair, and photographic evidence. Much of which has been debunked, which casts doubt on the rest.

God does have one advantage in this debate however. Many scientists disbelieve the Bigfoot thing because they find it unlikely that a large humanoid could live for so long with humans nearby without ever leaving a body. God doesn't have this disadvantage. He is supposed to be elusive by nature. His absence is much more explainable.

So, I'll give the credibility to God. I must add the caveat that sasquatch is much more scientifically provable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.