The Warriors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shagmobile
Rockstar is making a game about the movie the warriors. it sounds pretty good does anyone know exactly how the game play would be.

SaTsuJiN
what is "The Warriors" ? .. I never heard of it..

hotsauce6548
isnt that that movie where there's all these gangs and they all fight each otha?

kanis
alien Its about this gang called the Warriors who go to a big gang meeting and when the leader of the head gang gets killed they have to fight their way home. I would say for the Warriors game it would be team game where you choose the right gang member for the job, like stealth missions getting info on other gangs or it could be a streets of rage type game where you just fight a gang on each stage of the game.

jaden101
some screens

http://www.rockstargames.com/thewarriors/

kanis
alien Whoa kickass.

zammorak76
blowup

zammorak76
blowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowup

Dagons Blade
I remember seeing the movie back in 1980 with my father.

The Warriors is more than just "a gang movie." It was really the first of it's kind to shed light on gangs, and also brought it's share of violence-in NYC (New York City) rival gangs were fighting with each other in the movie houses as they all crowded in to see the movies together, and in one incident in NYC a kid was shot as he left the movie house. Think of it as John Singleton material before it's day. Great movie by the way.

kanis
alien The first time I watched was also with my dad but i watched it on video and i really enjoyed it, but what a horrible thing to happen especially in a movie which its message was for peace among the gangs.

kmcdude
I LOVE the movie,I will get the game for sure.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I watched the movie the other day. I suspect the gameplay will go either of two ways, both of which have been previously alluded to. It could be a stealth based Manhunt type game where you have to elude menacing gangs as much as you can. Or it could be a Streets of Rage type game where you have to beat your way through different areas with different gangs. The Final Fight series is making a comeback so this option is entirely possible.

kmcdude
I am pretty sure it will be a ''Beat em up''

Hit_and_Miss
looks like GTA without the cars....

dave123
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
isnt that that movie where there's all these gangs and they all fight each otha? They're all after The Warriors, because they wrongly think they killed this leader guy big grin

SlipknoT
Great movie, I hope it makes a great game.

kanis
starwars It will guys trust in the force.

kanis
starwars I can't wait until the game comes out on friday I've already pre ordered my copy of the game from game and will be looking forward to getting it and kicking the hell out of the baseball furies.

Odie
They got a lot of work to make the game like the movie. But I know that rockstar games will change some of it that for sure.

kanis
starwars I've just got the game now and I've been checking the names on the voices in the game section of the manual and James Remar and Micheal Beck have both doing the voices of the warriors Swan and Ajax, so their's hope.

Deus Ex
James Remar, eh?

"Warriors.... come out and plaaaAAaaayy!!"

I barely remember the movie, but that line is immortal.

hotsauce6548
Hmm... got an 8.25 from GameInformer. Not as high as I'd expected. erm

Deus Ex
The Thing, another oldie remake into a game, didn't exactly do too well either.

kanis
starwars Yeah but the warriors is different its an insight into gangland war and what the warriors got up too.

JLred
I have the game and its awesome!!

You can play co-op but its hard to see it all at once...it stars off like 4 months before the meeting and you fight all sorts of gangs........

edwinian
Originally posted by JLred
I have the game and its awesome!!

You can play co-op but its hard to see it all at once...it stars off like 4 months before the meeting and you fight all sorts of gangs........

i agree the multiplayer is a little awkward camera-wise, but the game is too good--I got it from gamefly and then just used their keepit now option to buy it. their prices are dangerously low sometimes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.