How would you like the Yoda/Sidious duel to end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Y-chromo kid
Funnily enough, I'm looking forward to this more than the Anakin/Obi duel. I can't help noticing that more than a few people want to see Yoda thrashed (I'm not one of them). I hope to see an awesome display of darkside power but with the duel ending in a stalemate. Yoda should flee with his Master of the Lightside credentials still intact, but having been outmanouvered by some devious, underhand, unprincipled Sith tactic (the summoning of a few hundred clonetroopers by Sids perhaps) I think something along these lines would have to happen otherwise an unstoppable Sids would make what hapens in the R.O.T.J look ridiculous. I'm one of those people who quite enjoys seeing the bad guy win (perverse but a breath of fresh air) Not however, Ladies and gentlemen, where Star Wars is concerned. Noble defeat? Certainly. Utter humiliation? No thanks. Perhaps we should have a vote on this: who should be slapped down - Yoda or Sids? Or maybe the happy medium... a stalemate. Your thoughts please.

12345m
i want yoda to use force lightning and palps to throw it back and to knock yoda down

NoMeN
jedis dont use force lightning afaik

12345m
you never no yoda is very powerful

NoMeN
eh... what? whats your point?

Count Doodoo
With Sidious standing with one foot on Yoda's headless corpse, holding his lightsaber in the air...

...just kidding.

12345m
he could use some type of force lightning

NoMeN
i doubt it 12345m, as i said before, jedis dont use any "type of force lightning" afaik.

Sith Master X
The duel should end with Yoda getting his ass kicked in every way possible. But I guess that 's already obvious.

NoMeN
i would like to see palps gettinfg his ass kicked aswell! big grin

Sith Master X
Yeah, I want to see Yoda put up a good fight at first, but then get totally wasted in the end.

Mortanius
Originally posted by Count Doodoo
With Sidious standing with one foot on Yoda's headless corpse, holding his lightsaber in the air...

eek!

12345m
hows that possible

NoMeN
12345m...... if you can read... im sure you will understand the last line he wrote. mad

Mortanius
12345m, if you need a job, submit me an application to be a loader; reading isn't necessary.

DenKi
Well it has to be a amazing battle, Palps/Sidious knows of Yodas Abilties because hes been with him for years by his side since Palps his the Supreme Chancelor or somthing.

I just cant wait for the Scene When Yoda finds out hes the real bad guy, It must be very intense and internesting to see how yoda reacts.

DARTH DADDY
Where did the information come from about Jedi not being able to use force lightening? I'm just curious. I think it would be kinda cool to see it thrown back into the face of old Palps., kinda surprise him. I do think though that he is more powerful then Yoda. He had the ability to hide his true identity as well as the whole plot for taken over the senate and creating the Empire. Would take a lot of "force" to hide all that.

darth eddie
the jedi don't use force lightning because its only use is to kill and destroy and as we all know death/destruction are frowned upon by the jedi order.

theshakl
yeah me no likey the idea that Yoda gets overwhelmed

darth eddie
I don't get really like the idea of yoda getting whooped by sidious from the beginning. The duel should start very evenly matched then gradually yoda should start to come out on top but then sidious should pull some kind of dirty trick to disorient yoda forcing him to flee.

mtryder
I don't like the idea of the duel, but if it really has to happen, then I'd rather see the battle go to a complete stalemate.

Sith Master X
Really? I think this will be one of the best parts of ROTS.

NoFate007
Well, from what I've read, it ends with Yoda being pushed out a window while he's nearly dead and Bail Organa saving him on a red speeder...

As for the duel itself, I'd like to see it evenly matched up with lightsabers, then mix a combination of lightsabers with force attacks, and Yoda should only deform Palpatine by reflecting his own attack against him, not a Yoda attack, cause if the duel shows that Yoda can defeat Sidious, why wouldn't he have tried again some other time instead of being a wimp and hiding? We need to see why he didn't do this, and give credibility to the line "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor..."

Darth_Nefarus
Considering how Lucas describes Palpatine, I would definately say he needs to OWN Yoda. I love Yoda, always have, he's incredible, but his powers are insignificant compared to the powers of the Emperor.

Andrew McLeod
Darth Sidious should win in an honourable way. If it was a defeat using some dirty trick then Yoda would not be so weary of him. Yoda got beat, he probably lost by a long shot too.

But, perhaps Palpatine nearly drew Yoda to the dark side, wouldn't that be a strange twist? Yoda was nearly seducted so he went into hiding to avoid temptation as well as out of shame. That could be another possibility.

The truth is, none of us can really predict anything. This will, no doubt, be the grand finale which means there may be many strange twists in the story.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
A draw would be cool but upseting

lucasfilm
PERFECT!!!

chilled monkey
A stalemate would probably be best, although personally, I'd like to see Yoda win and have Palpatine run away or call in a huge army of his followers.

How does this sound as a possible scenario:

Yoda and Palpatine are battling with lightsabres. The fight leads to a laboratory. Palpatine starts to get the upper hand, Yoda struggles to hold him off while his free hand reaches for a vial of acid.

He throws the acid into Palpatine's face. He screams and runs, while Yoda slums, exhausted. Later, we see Palpatine with his deformed face.

Darth Subjekt
uh...no. This isnt Phantom of the opera or Batman here. I think that Sidious should wax the floor with Yoda's ass. He needs to earn his reputation. We know that Yoda's bad already, but all we know of Palps is he can shoot lightning....well i look forward to seeing him do alot more.

GCG
2 WAYS

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/8530/owned5fr.jpg

OR

http://locutus.pos.to/tv/3/65stepchildren.jpg

Red Superfly
Possibly the worst idea ever.

Throw acid in Sidious' face? This is Yoda we are talking about!

And WTF is up with people thinking Sidious is scarred? Those aren't scars, and you don't look like that from having lightning/acid/fire being thrown in your face. It's evil that does that to Sidious - he drops his smokescreen. He always looked like that or he does something evil to look like that.

And the fight should be a swerve. Yoda thinks he is putting up a fight, then Sidious says "Master Yoda, you dissapoint me" and Sidious just completely owns him. I seriously would love that. Yoda underestimated the Emperor and he pays for it almost with his life (and as a warning he passes on to Luke in ep.6 the danger of such a mistake)

Sith Master X
Yeah, some people still think Sidious get's deformed. He doesn't. That is his true appearence, and he reveals it.

lucasfilm
acid???? wtf???? anyway... i owuld love hte end of the duel to have shatner kissing some chick! that would be cool.. (uhh huuhh)
but i dont know who i want to win.... we really dont know yodas power yet... weve seen him in ep2 but that fight just showed that he was small and fast.. i really want palps to win, but i would be disappointed that i dont really get to see yodas best...

oh well.. it will still be one of the coolest duels everzzz!!!11111111

Sith Master X
I'm sure we'll see a lot more out of Yoda this time around compared to Episode II.

Red Superfly
I hope so. Even though many people consider Yodas efforts in Episode II to be the best bit of the movie - I on the hand, thought it was the worst part of the PT so far. I seriously hope Yoda's fight in Episode III is nothing like his little muppet dance from II - what with all the gay.

NoFate007
The only thing I didn't like about Yoda's fight was the overall pointless nature it was done in. If he's so good with a lightsaber, why did he do flips and stuff instead of lightsaber attacks? And to top it all off, he didn't even come close to beating Dooku. Dooku successfully blocked every attack...now if Dooku isn't as powerful as Yoda, why didn't Yoda show ANY signs of being able to win?

Red Superfly
I think it made Anakin and Obi-Wan look like a pair of idiots for a reason. Having Yoda clean up their mess could be a good idea - even though I hated how Yoda fought in the actual battle.

Episode III may actually prove how much both Obi-Wan and Anakin have progressed. Episode II could prove that they were both flawed, whereas in Episode III, Anakin slays Dooku, and Obi-Wan defeats Anakin (sort of). This would show how both Obi-Wan and Anakin have become better than Dooku over the years. The fact that Obi-Wan puts up a monumental fight against Anakin shows how much Obi-Wan is better than Dooku, who Anakin obviously owns in that fight.

So, I'm guessing, providing Ep. III does a good job, it will prove Episode II's duels to be worthwhile. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan were humbled by Dooku, but because of that, they are now better warriors than we ever thought in Ep. III.

Dragoncoin
i dont know why you think jedi dont use force lightening

Dragoncoin
uh...no. This isnt Phantom of the opera or Batman here. I think that Sidious should wax the floor with Yoda's ass. He needs to earn his reputation. We know that Yoda's bad already, but all we know of Palps is he can shoot lightning....well i look forward to seeing him do alot more.

yeah, i mean its not like palpatine killed all the jedi, built 2 death stars or ruled the know universe or anything like that

What do you guys need for a resume? Even if Palpatine meets defeat at the hands of yoda, i think he has established himself as the baddest ass in the galaxy

and beside, no matter what the outcome we know that yoda has to hide for the rest of his life on planet swampgas. is that not defeat enough in and of itself?

Darth Subjekt
obviously you trying to hard to think of a stupid smart ass comment before read or fully understood what i wrote., but ok...

Palps killed all the Jedi? wow...where, when...did you see it?
He built 2 death stars? by himself? i thought he had it done by others...
ow often did we see him actually "ruling" the universe?

See, i didnt say he needs to earn A reputation, i said we need to see HOW he got that rep. im glad you feel that he's estalished himself as the baddest guy around, but i javent seen WHY!!! Which is what we were talking about....
please dont try to challenge me...

Red Superfly
Well, one of the main reasons for the prequels is to tell the story of Vader and Palpatine becoming who they are.

It would make sense for Lucas to show us all exactly why nobody likes the idea of facing Vaders or The Emperors wrath.

I think we'll see both Vader and Sidious show everyone who's boss. Sidious will destroy Yoda.

Obviously Sidious fights Yoda for a reason - to take out his biggest threat to his rule. Only Sidious can do it. He obviously thinks Yoda is dead - why else would he think all is well and they are home safe? The only concern Sidious has is about Luke Skywalker - so it's obvious he shows no worries about Yoda - he thinks he killed him 20 + years ago. (I am of course going by logic - I know Lucas is prone to not doing the same)

This will also establish Palpatine as a guy you do not screw with. He took out the most powerful Jedi at the time supposedly.

I'm more concerned about Vader's presence. Palpatine is coverred - he's gonna look like the biggest ass kicker when he beats down Yoda.

What about Vader? It troubles me even further that Lucas seems adamant that mech-Vader is a crippled man, rather than an upgrade. If human-Vader can't beat Obi-Wan - then how does suited Vader make himself look legit? The best way would be to have Vader show his true rage. The best way would be for Vader to take out his vengence on whatever Jedi he can find, fully suited, red saber in hand. It would not only look amazing, but it would solidify mech Vader as the walking demon we have all grown to respect.

Cipher
Does Palpatine really think Yoda's dead? How does Yoda fake his death and escape from Sidious if he gets destroyed? Does he sense Bail Organa coming and jumps out a window, landing in Bail's speeder?

I do like the idea of a stalemate, though.....

mtryder
Well, by RoTJ, Yoda seems pretty crippled. I realize that he was a muppet, but still. That guy could barely move- he was certainly doing no backflips. So, I agree that Palpatin likely thinks that he killed Yoda, but perhaps he just severely crippled him and realizes that that is enough?

Red Superfly
I think the fact that Yoda gets flung out of a window would be pretty conclusive 'evidence' that he died.

It's all the more likely that that is the sole reason for Yoda being thrown out of a window. To Palpatine, he killed him, no one would survive that, and yet, he managed to escape, which Sidious wouldn't know about.

The whole point of Sidious confronting Yoda is to destroy him. If Sidious wasn't positive he was dead, then surely he would keep on hunting him down.

Why else would Yoda get thrown out of a window? Sure it looks cool but there's obviously a reason for it.

And a stalemate would suck. I think it would be cool if they really played up the "dark side is stronger" aspect by actually showing HOW much better it is, and why exactly so many have fallen. It would tie in with Yoda's "No, no....." line where he quickly answers Luke about which side was stronger. He was quick off the mark to tell Luke that the dark side wasn't stronger, only more seductive - again it would tie in because Yoda is worried that if Luke knew the truth, about his father and the power of the dark side, Luke would follow his father.

jedijunky1138
How sould it end? QUICKLY!!!!!

Maverick2364
Really? It may be frowned apon by the jedi order, but don't we see Luke Skywalker, the JEDI who he proclaims himself to be, using grip on one of the palace guards in Return of the Jedi?

bill9d9
I do not think any aspect of the force is good, or evil. It is how you use it and for what purpose that makes its use good or evil.

Cipher
I'm sure Yoda is hobbled as a result of this fight (although he looks OK on the Tantive 4), but as far as "evidence" that he's dead......

What does Palpatine sense? Yoda getting farther away, which he assumes is the fall? Does he not bother to check because of his arrogance?

The Imperials operate under the assumption that Yoda and Obi-Wan are likely deceased.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, based on the pics we've seen of Yoda nad Obi-Wan after their duels, Yoda seems okay. I like the idea of Yoda being in a sense, crippled. I think if Sidious can only be destroyed by Anakin (Chosen One and all) Yoda should get in a great fight, then see some true darkside as Sidious whoops him.

Red Superfly
Actually, I think they operate under the impression that Obi-Wan is the sole survivor or one of the very few Jedi that survived.

Obviously, they think Yoda is dead. I'm assuming Palpatines over-confidence is the reason here (Which would tie in excellently with Luke's ROTJ quote: "Your over-confidence is your weakness" - I'm all for Palps being an overly arrogant Sith because it actually proves how wise Luke has become in ROTJ, this would add to the series imo).

However, going by Tarkins remark in Ep 4 "Surely he must be dead by now" means that the Empire assume Obi-Wan has died of old age - so they also know he survived.

Also, by Tarkin's own words : "The Jedi are all but extinct, you my friend are all that's left of their religion" means that the Empire assume only Obi-Wan managed to get away. Yoda was "killed" by Palpatine and the other Jedi were seen to by Vader. Obviously they were mistaken as Obi-Wan was hiding along with Yoda.

The fact that neither Vader or Palpatine mention Yoda in the OT means that they are absolutely convinced he is a thing of the past.

I think if you look hard enough through the past five movies, there is only one logical conclusion to the Palps and Yoda fight - Palps owns all.

cylob49
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I think the fact that Yoda gets flung out of a window would be pretty conclusive 'evidence' that he died.

so palpatine throws two(doin the trick with one and not the other) jedi out of windows in ep3 to their death.
this makes vader throwing palps down that shaft in jedi all the more sweeter..
"see......how do u like it!!!"

Red Superfly
Funny - but I don't think Windu will be thrown out a window like Yoda.

Mace was pretty much set up to be the "Jedi that makes Vader look like an ass kicker" - because Anakin will slay him.

Anakin can't slay Yoda or Obi-Wan, and Dooku shouldn't count (lol - count) really. Vader should play a massive role in taking down the second-in-command.

jango fatt
Sidious cuts of yoda's legs.And yoda keeps saying: have mercy! have mercy!... And then Sidious uses force lightning to finish him off.Then he cuts off yoda's head and gives it to Anakin.After wich Anakin throws it in a trash can.

.:Space Opera:.
yes. i love it so much this story.....i love snow.

darth eddie
I never was sure if Luke killed the guards or just chocked them untill they passed out so they wouldnt make any noise. if he made them pass out i think the jedi would let it slide. if he killed them thats a big no no but then again who would punish him for it?

Maverick2364
He still used a dark side ability.

darth eddie
yeah,he did us the force choke so that could only mean one thing...... luke is not a jedi but the new lord of the sith. oh i feel betrayed.

Maverick2364
No, it means that jedis can use dark powers too.

darth eddie
I was just joking. but i thought the question was if they were supposed to not if they had the ability to.

phinney6
I want it to be pretty even, but with some sort of Jedi deaths that Yoda senses that keeps him distracted, or maybe some dirty tactic by Sidious. because I want Yoda and Sidious to be about even

Dragoncoin
THis one goes out to Darth Subjekt

Who do you think you are you no-life little puke telling me not to challenge you? Ive probable been watching these movies since before you were born.

Its people like you that prevented me in the past from getting on these forums. You cant help but be rude to people directly for there opinions. Which is so easy from behind the screen. I bet thats the only senario that you can ever say "dont challenge me."

So keep going kiddo. to the rest of the world you just sound stupid when you say things like that. So to meet you on you own level, Dont chalenge me. No one here is a bigger starwars geek than me, and i could kick you ass.

Lord Sidious
with yoda dead

cylob49
Stick around awhile.........u may find you are mistaken.

cylob49
edited

sexyking
People shouldn't fight on the basis of different opinions. If that was the case everyone in every forum would be fighting people have different opinions and move on. And besides Dragoncoin just because your older doesn't make you the biggest star wars fan or the most knowledgeable.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Always to sure of themselves, they are....and in this case not the older and more experienced ones....huhuhuhuhu!!!!!!

Red Superfly
Shhh!! Back on topic.........

Actually, seems like Mace is the one getting thrown out of the window. I guess Yoda is gonna get defeated another way.

Sorry about that I wrote my past "theories" before I realised Mace was getting flung out himself. Damn.

I'm all out of ideas for the moment. I don't understand how Yoda is going to survive if he isn't ejected from the battle in some form. Going out of a window would have made the most sense - Palps would think he's dead (but Bail or someone caught him) and Yoda would be defeated.

Don't tell me Palps is gonna just knock Yoda on the floor and Yoda plays dead? If Palps isn't sure Yoda is dead then what is the point in fighting him? That would be the whole point - to kill your biggest threat.

And it also looks like Yoda will be confronting Sidious, not Sidious confrontiong Yoda, which also does not make sense. Yeah sure Yoda has to do something but it would have been so cool for Sidious to aggressively attack Yoda. It woulda been so cool if Yoda was meditating, and we hear a voice "Am I disturbing you?" and Yoda turns and we see Palpatine stood in the hallway. I hope they offer up something special.

Oh well, trust logic to be wrong.............

dew4man
how bout this, this way yoda gets pwned, but its good... Yoda uses like a lightsaber throw and disables sidious' lightsaber. Yoda thinks hes won, but sidious whips out some evil darkside attacks and punishes yoda, and he barely escapes..alive..

Tormentor_2004
We obviously know that neither one is gonna die so maybe one of them will forfeit. That's my opinion.

ccoo
I believe that it shouldn't end in a draw, because Sidious has to prove to be the best. I don't think he should easily defeat Yoda, but he should prevail in the end. Think of it like Michael Jordan playing Magic Johnson one-on-one in basketball. Michael Jordan would win because he was the best ever, but it would be a close match.

Telemicus
Why are so many people hoping for Yoda to do well??

Lets recap what we know from the OT:

Yoda: Hiding in a bog of a planet eating mush and talking to himself.

Sidious: The Daddy.

Superfly, you talk of logic (something I'm not sure GL has), but logically Sidious is going to wipe Yoda's green little skin all over the walls and floor and if he doesn't, thats another nail in the PT.

I was going to stop there, but I've decided to go on.....
Sidious has fooled everyone, Sidious is one bad evil m***** f*****, sidious takes over the universe, DARTH VADER IS SIDIOUS'S APPRENTICE!?, get it?

Yoda is clueless and is going to get absolutley spanked stupid, god knows how he lives to run away....

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yoda knows the Dark Side is stronger this time around("the Dark Side clouds everything"wink, I see it as brave heroics stuff to confront the Sith Master himself in his lair.
Following thing makes Yoda lose; he underestimates the POWERS of the Emperor(remember Episode6>Yoda to Luke)
Just like Palps, Yoda has the ability to foresee things(but now he doesn't, because of the Clouding issue)...
I think it has something to do with style and a game of chance/luck in this instance, both Palps and Yoda are skilled 9 in lightsabre-fighting so that makes equal(according to PH at sw.com and Nick Gillard).
It also has something to do with powers like foreseeing...AND so the will of the (dark-)force is with Palpatine.

Place this fight in the original trilogy(the light side becomes more powerfull again) and Yoda would most definitly open up a can o'whoop his majesty's royal ass against Palps!

Palps is NEVER the best...Yoda just picked his fight in a very bad period of his Jedi-life.

The Green Wizard rules them all!!!!

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Did I scare people of with the "The Green Wizard rules them all!!!" statement???

Come on guys...reply reply reply!!!

Red Superfly
I suppose, but the fact that Sidious managed to wage a war and create enough dark side power means that Sidious IS more powerful.

Yoda and the Jedi failed, they were outsmarted by Sidious.

Sure, Yoda and Palps may skillfully be equal, but as far as history goes, Sidious has Yoda at a complete checkmate.

The battle between Yoda and Sidious has essentially been taking place since Episode I, and Episode III is the final showdown. However, Sidious knew what he was doing all along and Yoda was always on the defensive.

It's REALLY interesting because it proves how a fallen Jedi is the chosen one. The Jedi were always defensive, waiting for things to happen rather than making things happen. A fallen Jedi who turns good would be the only way to bring balance, because that individual would be both aggressive and defensive. They would make things happen, and bring the change, and not let the dark side of the force get away with conquerring the galaxy.

It shows how Yoda was effectively doomed from the start because no Jedi understood what the hell was going on until it was too late. A fallen Jedi on the dark side would come to understand how ALL of the force works and bring a power that neither Yoda or Sidious could understand.

It's really interesting stuff.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Many things have been going through my mind, so your post isn't sounding that unfamiliar to me...
You're absolutely right...very interesting stuff indeed!!!

I will start other topics/threads on situations and things like this....very interesting.........

Spectr4L
I expect Sidious to cheat his way out of fighting just as all Darth's have done.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Could be an option mate!
The Dark Side/Sith isn't exactly about fair-play, they're all about achieving their goals with cheating, death, misleading etc. etc. etc.

Good call...

evil_anakin
yoda will be defeated by sids in their fight,.............it's an intense fight with yoda demonstrating his light side powers and sids his dark side.....eventually yoda falls of a window and luckily senator bail organa whose fleeing on a speeder happens 2 catch yoda and both run away( organa is fleeing coz the clones suddenly turned against them)

jedimaster2000
Master Yoda is one of Lucas' most beloved creations, there's no way he'll let Sids just beat the crap out of him without breaking a sweat. Besides, Yoda's the most powerful Jedi Master at that time, what kind of a weenie would he be if he can't even AT LEAST put up a good fight with the ultimate master of evil? So to all the Sidious fans out there hoping for a one-sided ass beating, forget it.

Plus, aside from the REALLY OLD AGE, Yoda seemed to pretty much maintain his physical shape from the PT in the OT.

Back on topic, I'd like it to end as a stalemate. It will probably be an even match untill some clone troopers or something come to Sidious' aid.

DarkYoda
Hmmm. The fact that Yoda loses this battle makes alot of his lines in the OT more interesting.

For instance...

"Do..or do not! There is no try."

Luke: "I don't believe it."

Yoda: "That is why you fail!"

darktim1
After the duel his pride is hurt I think that is why he is strict with luke.

Bespin Bart
From that one picture we've seen, it looks as if Master Yoda does get his ass kicked. There's no doubting, Yoda loses this one.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Why does everybody say Yoda gets his ass kicked?
Haven't you read the confirmed SPOILER-section...Sids and Yoda really go full contact, but Yoda doesn't get his ass kicked.
The thing is that Yoda is outsmarted by Sids in a very unlucky way.
Yoda accidently gets hit by lightning and falls a couple of meters.
Sids immediatly contacts his troops to come to the Senate(fair play is not an option for a Sith coward).
Yoda has no option but to run...

So this has in my oppinion nothing to do with getting your ass kicked!

wink smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.