The Devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyond Image
Does he love you for the sins you do for him?

Dwarfdude
He couldnt give half a rat's ass. People commit supposed "sins" all over the world, and you think he gives a damn about every itty bitty one? Course not.

Bardock42
why oes god care aboot good deeds then?

Tex
There is no devil.
It and hell were created to scare people into not questioning or straying from a religions teachings.

Heaven was created to entice and reward people for their continuing practice and support of religion.

"Follow us and our religion and you'll go to heaven, live happily ever after...but go against us and you'll burn in hell with the devil forever!"

Silver Stardust
Yeah, I heard that the Catholic Church created the concept of hell and the devil in the 14th century to scare people in joining....wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The devil doesn't exist.

Darth Revan
Fools. Little do you realize that not only does everyone love me, but I am the second coming of Satan! I am the Antichrist! I am... Oh shit, did I say that out loud?

JimMorrison227
I don't know, but something about satan.....attracts me......its weird? Anyone else think the same way as me?

Tex
I think he's kinda hot! I'd totally bang him! smokin'

frodo34x
The Devil is not the opposite of God.

He Hates you, for the fact that you can have a relationship with God.

At least I think that's how ts supposed to work, Im a bit tipsy right now.

Ytaker
The devil dislikes you. This is because he is evil. Not good/evil, evil. Good people like good deeds because they are benefited by them, and feed the happiness of their consionce. Bad people dislike bad deeds because bad deeds do bad things to others. The Devil shows this by torturing people for eternity. He dislikes people, so he tortures them.

He is clever, and will gain no happiness from you being happy. So if you're massicistic, then he'll find a way around it. I believe that the "Newsground" proposed torture of having a fat guy fart right next to you in an enclosed room wouldn't be pleasurable.

Finally, to the tipsy person, if someone approaches God and asks for their forgiveness, they get it. He could have a relationship with God if he wanted.

finti
it wouldnt be pleasurable for the fat guy if you farted either

yerssot
actually, I don't fully agree with this, silver.
the pre-hell concept was already made as around as early as the first preachers reaching europe. They created the idea of the realm of the shadows already at that point since the pagans in that region believed in that and they just couldn't force an entirely new religion to them

big gay kirk
Actually the dualistic idea of a good "God" and an evil "Devil" came into Judaism during the captivity, as a result of the jews coming into contact with religions such as Zoroastrianism.... originally the Jews had no devil... God was in charge of everything, good and evil.... to the Jews Satan was gods faithful servant, who God used to test peoples faith, and was not the same as the rebel angel cast out during the power struggle in Heaven... (as an aside, isn't it interesting that a third of all the angels were backing the rebel cause?) This dualistic concept was passed through Judaism into Christianity, where it became influenced by Greek philosophy, and eventually by Pagan ideas from Rome and Germany... the rebel angel, Lucifer the Bringer of Light (one of Christ's earliest titles) and satan became one and the same, and God became wholly good.... looking at the evidence of the Talmud, Mishrad and Kabbalah, and ignoring the overtly Greek deism of Paul, the "Devil" is not interested in gaining an army of sinners, or in torturing them... according to the Bible, the "Devil" wants to rule in God's stead... that was his sin, along with mixing with humans, as did other angels... maybe he would have made a better ruler, maybe not... the mixing of humans and angels is portrayed in the Bible as disastrous for all concerned.... and according to the Bible, sinners do not get eternal damnation, but a quick end and total cancellation of their existence....

The Omega

\/ertigo
This thread is weird.
The ones who really give a sh*t about their smallest sins, and think there's some red guy with huge horns waiting for them in HELL (litteraly), are really f*cked in the head!!!

Its kinda weird, though, in the 14th century or so, when the church made the law, everyone was like that erm
People were dumb.

You shall all burn in hell!!!! Muahahahahahah!

Im bored stick out tongue

Lord Soth
As has been said before, The Devil, Beelzebub, Ol' Scratch, Lucifer, are all a lie, concocted by the church to scare us all into being good little robots. What kind of religion that is supposedly full of love and forgiveness threaten us with eternal damnation? A lie, that's what

miahera
not going to comment whether the church made it up or not, but on Lucifer, he was suppose to be one of the most beautiful angels too. sad

frodo34x
So it would be unkind if I said "There's someone behind you about to stab you" ?

Bardock42
yes if it was you that stabed me it would be un kind.

WindDancer
From what I understand The Devil causes to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid. He is a deciever and a liar. At the same time he is also extremely intelligent and wise. But his wickedness does not permit him to see the light of salvation. Which is what JC possess.

Now, if you don't believe in the God, The Devil, and Angels that's fine. For me is interesting stuff. But let's make one thing clear that there are two types of evils (or so I been told)

One Evil is human wickedness. You know the stuff that humans do to hurt others.....lie, cheat, kill without no reason...etc.

And there is the Second evil...The Devil's Evilness......now this one according to certain Christian beliefs we have never experience. Because The Devil is lockup in Hell. When judgement day comes he is going to get released from the gates of hell and cause more suffering and pain on humanity far more worse than what history has recorded.

Do I belive in this stuff? I dunno...if it happens.....it happens. If it doesn't....It just doesn't. End of story.

Silver Stardust
Yerss > I never heard if that was true or not, but that's what I heard. Knowing the Catholic church and it's history, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Omega > Interesting link yes

Line
and along with the gory image of hell, they suddenly found themselves facing the problem of those who sinned, but converted (that is, paid a lot of money to the church) later in life, sometimes just before dying. so purgatory suddenly popped up. this trait really did demand imagination wink

Mr_Famous
The church isnt the only one that believes in the existence of a devil. Ever hear of the church of satan or one of their movements? They worship the devil- maybe u could ask them how they know. What about all the exorcists and those possessed?

frodo34x
The point I was geting at earlier is : I believe that if you don't convert to Christianity, you will go to hell. Because of this belief, I tell you about my beliefs in the hope that you won't go to hell.

Silver Stardust
roll eyes (sarcastic) How many times has this come up?

1. The Church of Satan has only come up in recent years; and they do not worship the devil. They are more like atheists than anything. Do some research before making blanket statements.

2. Many polytheistic religions (such as ancient Egyptian and Greek religions) did not have beliefs in the devil; they did have underworlds, but they weren't like the Christian Hell, and they were ruled by a God, not a devil. And belief in evil spirits does not equal a belief in the devil or hell.

Mr_Famous
the hell u talking about blanket statements- i've met with followers of this cult,- im talking from experience not looking up some books

Mr_Famous
maybe the ones im referring to go by a different name so u cud be right about that church

Mr_Famous
f**k u man!! i just checked and they have rituals and everything- you go and check.

carnival_junkie
you are...

my hero. have a cookie.

Silver Stardust
Take a look at this thread...and while you're at it, look at the Church of Satan's website. Nowhere does it say anything about worshipping Satan or rituals or anything.

finti
the rituals of whorshiping satan and stuff was made up by the catholic church to scare and put people with other ideas than their own in a bad light.

Bardock42
^yes and to kill children and women

Captain REX
Looks like she checked before you said shit, Mr. F!

Plus, Alana's not a man. It should have been "You're cool, you know stuff," instead of "f**k u man!!"

Cinemaddiction
They are their own Gods which is why they literally worship themselves and only do things for the betterment of their own lives. It's the ultimate form of conceit.

42Bardock
Well actually it sounds like real life, isn'T everyone at last doing everything for the betterment of his own life.

Cinemaddiction
Christians live for God/Jesus, so no, not really. Everyone elses purpose is open to interpretation.

42Bardock
oh wait wanting to life in paradise is not to better your life?

Cinemaddiction
Lifestyles are subjective. Some might find that a lifestlye rich with Christ's love is *their* paradise. Your surroundings aren't what should ultimately reflect your outlook on life, it should be what drives your life.

Wanting to live lavishly, from a Christian standpoint, depends on how hard you work, your devotions to both Christ and your cause, mixed with blessings as rewards FOR your devotion.

Satanism, like I said before is a cause whenre people live strictly for themselves, as they are their own gods. That begs the question, should it happen, when they win the lottery, was it in their own power, and what do they base their "luck" or "chance" on? Does "Luck" apply to instances where they survive life threatening diseases or other situations? Do they think things just "happen"?

Those are too many inconsistant, unstable variables with which I would feel uncomfortable living my life. I enjoy thinking/knowing I am here for a purpose, things are predestined, and there was always a plan for me. That stability may be viewed as a cruch by most, but it's a good cornerstone for my foundation of beliefs.

The Devil was once once an angel who strayed away and abandoned the teachings. IMO, he doesn't have any authority, other than keeping company the souls of the condemned. He doesn't know the meaning of love or compassion, only greed. While I don't exactly have a solid opinion of Hell or the devil, I don't believe either are actual places or things. I believe Hell is nothing more than a life w/o Christ and the devil is just a personification of sin.

RavenNightstar
I don't believe in him...

Silver Stardust
See, now, I'm the exact opposite. I used to be a semi-religious person (was raised Catholic), but I was never comfortable with the idea of some higher being that was manipulating my life. As I got older and eventually abandoned the teachings of the Church and became atheist, I felt much more comfortable, because no longer did I believe that I was destined to do everything, but that I was acting of my own free will and was taking control of my own life. No, I cannot say that anything is stable or predictable, but it's how I live. I'd rather live for myself and my friends and family than for some higher being that I don't believe even exists.

MC John 117
stick out tongue

teakwonjoe
wow...you guys have taken this really far...i'm not sure if i believe in god or the devil, they both seem to be political forces used to skrew people into thinking that if they are perfect now, they will get something better later, when they shouldnt be freaking out over that, but rather enjoying the time they have now... no matter what happens later.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea the devil does love it when you sin.Because you are going to the darkside instead of going to god.God likes it when you are holy and are good and religons.JM

Silver Stardust
That is, of course, assuming that you believe either exist.

finti
so JM you being a jew and all does god likes the stuff I do too, cause to me the thing I do is holy and good

teakwonjoe
i've heard some people say that you can have your own religion, but if you dont believe in their's...your going to hell...but what if your religion doesnt involve heaven or hell...then would either god or the devil care if you did anything...(yes i know other people have asked this, but no one has answered it)...

frodo34x
Satan hates you. He doesnt care wether or not you Sin, he still hates you. In the same way that God loves you regardless of wether you sin or not.

RavenNightstar
I have nothing against anyone being Catholic, but how can you say that? I guess that means that everyone who doesn't believe in God (millions of millions of people through the ages) goes to hell? Come on! And, if it is true, doesn't the Bible say we will all be forgiven on our Judgement Day?

frodo34x
The bible doesnt say we will be forgiven on Judgement day.

RavenNightstar
Frodo34x - It does say that God & his son love us all, and that if we ask forgiveness at the Gates of Heaven, we will be forgiven. Now, I agree that murderes and such are an exception, but besides that...
But you didn't answer my first question. Does that mean all of the people who don't believe in God (and there are more that don't over the years) all go to hell?

frodo34x
I suppose they do.

Soul Taker
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

The devil dislikes you. This is because he is evil. Not good/evil, evil. Good people like good deeds because they are benefited by them, and feed the happiness of their consionce. Bad people dislike bad deeds because bad deeds do bad things to others. The Devil shows this by torturing people for eternity. He dislikes people, so he tortures them.

He is clever, and will gain no happiness from you being happy. So if you're massicistic, then he'll find a way around it. I believe that the "Newsground" proposed torture of having a fat guy fart right next to you in an enclosed room wouldn't be pleasurable.

Finally, to the tipsy person, if someone approaches God and asks for their forgiveness, they get it. He could have a relationship with God if he wanted.

i agreewith you

Arena Host
Good
Evil
Sin
Love
Hate
Devil
God
All word created by man to label some things.
A sin is only a sin to those who consider doing a particular thing is evil. Evil is only evil to those who consider something is evil. If you think the Devil is evil by your standards, then you are right. If you think he is good, then you are right. If you think he hates you, then you are right. Loves you? Maybe, but what does he love about you?
Stop thinking in this state of mind. The devil himself has taught you to think this way. There are things you should do and things you should not be doing. The things you should not be doing will eventually catch up to you on their own and you will pay the price for your actions. You do not need someone to tell you what is wrong, you have been made to know automatically from the day you are born. (if you believe that Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil then this is truth to you)

To me, the devil is the master manipulator. He's not a red guy with a pitchfork and a pointy tail sitting underground in hell working to cause you to sin. He is a short grey guy with no nose and black almond eyes sitting on top the matrix control program he has built around you. He has got many of you to talk his talk in your own language. Wake up, you're already living in hell and the devil is feeding off of your spirit daily. If you feel guilty about something you are doing, search until you find the source of what causes you to do that thing. If you really want it to stop, cut off that source from affecting youself.

"The devil feeds off of the guilt of the knowlege he put in your head"

Philosophicus
God is Death itself - the end of all meaning. Now please stop believing in something that does not exist - the idea of a god is extremely primitive. Only the mind which cannot think for itself, believes in a god. Even if there is a god(I sure as hell hope there isn't) it would not make life any more meaningful or meaningless than it already is.

RavenNightstar
frodo34x -*Shakes her head* Well, I can't stop you from believing what you want to believe, but if there is a God, I don't think he's allow it!

RavenNightstar
((Sorry, it's not "he's", it's "he'd"wink)

KPrince
Originally posted by Beyond Image

No. He hates us but loves our sins.

Shakyamunison
There is no devil.

debbiejo
Then can't say "The devil made me do it".....cause then we'd all be devils.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then can't say "The devil made me do it".....cause then we'd all be devils.

That would be; "I made me do that". No one will like that. eek!

laughing

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud I think we're all devils.....Can't put the blame anywhere else....

Shakyamunison
blink laughing out loud I think we're all devils.....Can't put the blame anywhere else....

If that was true, then people would have to take responsibility for their own life. eek!

KPrince
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If that was true, then people would have to take responsibility for their own life. eek!

Whether the devil made someone do something or not doesn't take the responsibility away from the individual. The devil tells you to do something, the individual can CHOOSE to listen or ignore. That is where God holds man responsible.

debbiejo
Originally posted by KPrince
Whether the devil made someone do something or not doesn't take the responsibility away from the individual. The devil tells you to do something, the individual can CHOOSE to listen or ignore. That is where God holds man responsible.

Stop....your killing me...hysterical

Shakyamunison

Never,
there is no devil.

What ever you or I do, it is your or my responsibility. Even the idea is your or my responsibility.

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by Beyond Image
Depend sif you beleive he is real big grin
Also the "devil" cannot love anything

debbiejo
Because he's not real....Just based on older myths and was included and named in scripture by the Roman Catholic church....The word "devil" just mean bad or evil doings....not a person.

Atlantis001

Atlantis001

KPrince
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

What ever you or I do, it is your or my responsibility. Even the idea is your or my responsibility.

At least we're somewhat in agreement with this point. wink

KPrince
Stop....your killing me...hysterical

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" Ephesians 2:2

debbiejo
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" Ephesians 2:2

Jesus sad "The kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21) If, then, the kingdom of God is within it must stand to reason that God resides in his own kingdom and he is also within. If God is within your brother then when you see his face you also see the face of God. If God is within you then when you look in the mirror you also see the divine face. When you feel within with no illusions then you must be feeling the presence of God. The kingdom of God is in everyone. Some know it more then others....Do no judge as Jesus said not to. God is omnipresent.

KPrince
Jesus sad "The kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21) If, then, the kingdom of God is within it must stand to reason that God resides in his own kingdom and he is also within. If God is within your brother then when you see his face you also see the face of God. If God is within you then when you look in the mirror you also see the divine face. When you feel within with no illusions then you must be feeling the presence of God. The kingdom of God is in everyone. Some know it more then others....Do no judge as Jesus said not to.

I'm not judging you, that is not the intention of the scripture, I was just quoting the scripture to back my argument, it was not directed at you at all.

KPrince
Jesus sad "The kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21) If, then, the kingdom of God is within it must stand to reason that God resides in his own kingdom and he is also within. If God is within your brother then when you see his face you also see the face of God. If God is within you then when you look in the mirror you also see the divine face. When you feel within with no illusions then you must be feeling the presence of God. The kingdom of God is in everyone. Some know it more then others....Do no judge as Jesus said not to.

Whether the devil made someone do something or not doesn't take the responsibility away from the individual. The devil tells you to do something, the individual can CHOOSE to listen or ignore. That is where God holds man responsible. Originally posted by KPrince

I was just backing up my argument. The scripture was not directed at you. Sorry, I should have indicated that. sad

debbiejo
I'm not judging you, that is not the intention of the scripture, I was just quoting the scripture to back my argument, it was not directed at you at all. I know you were not judging me....But if god is omnipresent, then god is in everyone and everything visible and invisible...there is no place where god is not...

KPrince
I know you were not judging me....But if god is omnipresent, then god is in everyone and everything visible and invisible...there is no place where god is not...

ok, are you saying that if God is everywhere, including in us, then the devil cannot be in us? Correct me if I'm wrong.

KPrince
ok, are you saying that if God is everywhere, including in us, then the devil cannot be in us? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure what you mean.

debbiejo

Shakyamunison

KPrince

debbiejo
You are very, very right about Hell. I do not believe in Hell as a place of torment, it is Sheol--the grave. When a person dies, they are buried, they do not remember anything or think anything. "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Psalm 146:4

It's also in scripture "The spirit returns to god who gave it"....and since we are all energy and energy can not be distroyed ever , we all return to our source....THAT MEANS EVERYONE... big grin

KPrince
It's also in scripture "The spirit returns to god who gave it"....and since we are all energy and energy can not be distroyed ever , we all return to our source....THAT MEANS EVERYONE... big grin

Yes. The spirit does return to God who gave it, but also notice this, "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:12

And also this scripture, "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." Revelation 20:13

debbiejo
Revelation is only a symbolic book...and it was taken out of the cannon of scripture at least 4 times...It wasn't even included...The Catholic Bible also has other book not included in the protestant book....

KPrince
Revelation is only a symbolic book...and it was taken out of the cannon of scripture at least 4 times...It wasn't even included...The Catholic Bible also has other book not included in the protestant book....

Well notice this scripture, also from Revelation pertaining to removing scripture from the Bible, " For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18-19

debbiejo
Check this link out for the origin of the bible....

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm

and again, Revelation is only symbolic...they don't even know what John wrote it...

Also are all the people who never heard the name Jesus in hell, or dead forever since you don't believe in the burning hell?

KPrince
Check this link out for the origin of the bible....

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm

and again, Revelation is only symbolic...they don't even know what John wrote it...

Also are all the people who never heard the name Jesus in hell, or dead forever since you don't believe in the burning hell?

Those who have died are in hell--the grave. No. They are not dead forever.

debbiejo
And the people who never heard of Jesus?

KPrince
And the people who never heard of Jesus?

They will be given the chance to know God.

debbiejo
Where in scripture does it say that?

KPrince
Where in scripture does it say that?

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" Ephesians 3:9

'And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious" Isaiah 11:10

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with MEN, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 21:3

debbiejo
What scripture is that from...can you find it so I can read it in context?

KPrince
What scripture is that from...can you find it so I can read it in context?

Sorry, I edited my post, it's just above your last one. wink

debbiejo
"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" Ephesians 3:9

'And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious" Isaiah 11:10

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with MEN, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 21:3 Paul was a gnostic if you read all the gnostic Paul's writings...the "The Mystery of Christ" is the living presents of god in a persons heart...Not taught as a real person, and was edited in later on by the Roman Catholic church....In the works of the Historian Josephus, there was not person named Jesus who was god, but probably taught about god, not god himself.. ...."Christ" meant a living knowledge of god..also called the " Inner Mysteries"...

You quoted Rev., which is symbolic again.

KPrince
Paul was a gnostic if you read all the gnostic Paul's writings...the "The Mystery of Christ" is the living presents of god in a persons heart...Not taught as a real person, and was edited in later on by the Roman Catholic church....In the works of the Historian Josephus, there was not person named Jesus who was god, but probably taught about god, not god himself.. ...."Christ" meant a living knowledge of god..also called the " Inner Mysteries"...

You quoted Rev., which is symbolic again.

"Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 1:1-3

Paul believed there was a person called Jesus Christ our Lord, and God our Father.

debbiejo
If you go back and read, I said that it wasn't taught that Jesus was god...that there could of been a person...and at that time, using the name "Lord" was quite common....The Gnostic's consider Paul a pillar of their faith, why?...because he taught the "Inner Mysteries" of Christ...The Roman Catholic church mad him deity in one of their councils around 324 AD....there was a vote taken at that time...before that it had been in question.

KPrince
If you go back and read, I said that it wasn't taught that Jesus was god...that there could of been a person...and at that time, using the name "Lord" was quite common....The Gnostic's consider Paul a pillar of their faith, why?...because he taught the "Inner Mysteries" of Christ...The Roman Catholic church mad him deity in one of their councils around 324 AD....there was a vote taken at that time...before that it had been in question.

"For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;" Hebrews 7:1

"Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec" Hebrews 6:20

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God." Genesis 14:18

"To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;" Hebrews 7:2

"Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." John 8:23

All of these indicate that Jesus is God, not God the Father, but the Son of God.

debbiejo
You can't compare the OT, it is a Jewish religion that also has some similarities with other mythical stories to the NT....the Hebrews scripture is Paul again, and as I've said Pauls writings were all taken out of their context...If you pick up and read more of Pauls gnostic writings, you'll see what he was really trying to say, and how the Roman Catholic changed the meanings..

Eusbuis (sp) I think, was the Bishop who did did the editing of the scriptures for Constantine...All the scripture that were around the Mediterranean area were collected...over 100 different texts...out of these only 4 gospels were chosen....If you look at the other Gospels, which I've look at many, including the Gnostic's, you'll see how and why they were manipulated....Why were these certain 4 used....and Paul is in another class by himself....what is written by him contradicts the OT god, and many words of Jesus....

KPrince
You can't compare the OT, it is a Jewish religion that also has some similarities with other mythical stories to the NT....the Hebrews scripture is Paul again, and as I've said Pauls writings were all taken out of their context...If you pick up and read more of Pauls gnostic writings, you'll see what he was really trying to say, and how the Roman Catholic changed the meanings..

Eusbuis (sp) I think, was the Bishop who did did the editing of the scriptures for Constantine...All the scripture that were around the Mediterranean area were collected...over 100 different texts...out of these only 4 gospels were chosen....If you look at the other Gospels, which I've look at many, including the Gnostic's, you'll see how and why they were manipulated....Why were these certain 4 used....and Paul is in another class by himself....what is written by him contradicts the OT god, and many words of Jesus....

Consider this, "Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection." Acts 17:18

"Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." Acts 17:22-28

Paul spoke of Jesus and the Resurrection, as well as confirmed Genesis in the OT and God.

KPrince
Jesus also said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20

Jesus spoke of the laws stated in the OT, which are also in the Jewish Torah.

debbiejo

KPrince

KPrince
On a side note, debbiejo, do you think I am Catholic? I'm not.

debbiejo
No I don't know what you believe....only that protestants followed suit... smile

KPrince
I'm not protestant either.

debbiejo
What are you???????? blink alien ...are you in the catagory of "Other?" laughing out loud

KPrince
What are you???????? blink alien ...are you in the catagory of "Other?" laughing out loud

Actually, yeah. wink

KPrince
Anyway, "Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.
The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.
And about the time of forty years suffered he their manners in the wilderness." Acts 13:16-18
Paul confirms the God of the OT

KPrince
Well I have to get going now, but I'll continue this next time if you want to debbiejo.

debbiejo
Confirming what Jesus said, "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:5-7

Scripture also say "The kingdom of god is within you, so don't go looking here or there"...It is not a place...It is within you...That is also a gnostic teaching....That is the "Mysteries of Christ"..or "Inner Mysteries"....It's an inner knowing or relationship...some refer to it today as "Christ Consciousness"..Gnostic's also believed in reincarnation....and denying all fleshly desires as taught by Paul.

Dirk Jade
no the devil is Not in hell. this wont happen untill after the tribulation. The devil will be locked up in hell for A SHORT SEASON and then will be set free to challenge humans again. The Devil is a spitefull little basterd. the only reason he temps us trys to get us to fall is because if he can't go to heaven then he is going to try his best to make sure none of you can either! The Biggest Trick the Devil has EVER pulled was to convince people that he does not exist. Cause if he does not exist then Hell does not exist so if there is no hell there is no heaven no heaven no God. Plus you got to understand the devil has been around since BEFORE the earth was created. (God cast the devil and his Demons(1/3 of the angels) out of heaven and to the earth. Hence he was able to tempt Eve)

debbiejo
If god is everywhere, then god must be in the devil also....scripture says "There is no place that god is not."

HairyPooper
The devil is doing all he can to turn people from Jesus or keep them from Jesus so he can have them come to the Lake of Fire to suffer with him forever.

He's a big jerk.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by HairyPooper
The devil is doing all he can to turn people from Jesus or keep them from Jesus so he can have them come to the Lake of Fire to suffer with him forever.

He's a big jerk.

The devil does not do anything; people do all the "doing". The devil is a symbol for the base nature of the animal within (complete selfishness).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.