Wonder Man vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
battle of the Wonders. Wonder man would dominate by far. he's like, the stronget mutant and he is awesome and wonderman just has her little laso thingamober. Wonderman easily!

Draco69
I'm not even going to comment on the inaccuracies of this thread. Wonder Man a mutant?

Mainstream
he's not a mutant. He got his powers in an accident or something right Draco69?

fruits
well still.

Draco69
Wonder Man got his powers from Baron Zemo. He's a ionic being. WM and WW are compartively equal in strength. But Diana has the edge in superspeed, warrior know-how, and her unbreakable silver gauntlets. Go to wizardworld.com (I don't know if its still up) and you'll see that Diana won by plunging her crossed fists into his ionic body and disrupted due to the forcefield generated by her gauntlets that distills any and all energies. (That's why she can reflect everything)

baddspellahl4
i already made this thread. learn how to use the search bar dammit! edit: I did make this thread, but someone deleted it !

Draco69
So?

K3VIL
First of all, usually Diana doesn't use silver gauntlets, the only weapons she use are the wristbands and the lazo.
Second, Wonder Man possess superhuman reflexes and speed too, his flying speeds are mach speeds, equal to those that the Quinjet or Thor can reach.Also Simon possess battle experience too, he goes head to head with Thor, also Hulk, he fought against many enemies with the Avengers, yes not the experience of WW but sufficient to show his own.
I think that Simon can win only if he's actually able to shot ionic energy blast, that would grant him a great advantage.

KillAll
i thought you werent going to comment... "wonderman a mutant"...???

Draco69
K3VIL by silver gauntlets, I meant silver bracelets. Silver gauntlets sound cooler anyway. Wonder Man is very strong but hes not a warrior like Diana. His fighting skills are average at best. He's relied on his strength and invulnerability to win his battles. WW's been trained to be a bloodthirsty killer since the day she's been born. See the reason stated above in my previous thread

supessucks
hmph... I've nev'r seen wonderwoman use superspeed...

Draco69
She doesn't use it often. Has something to do with warrior honor or something

Scoobless
wouldn't she have to stick her whole hand into him to get the bracelet in to disrupt him? with his ionic nigh invulnerable body she wouldn't be able to do that, and if he is made out of energy wouldn't it be impossible to knock him out??? this fight wouldn't end quickly, i'll go for wonder man

gautam
I dont noe much about who wonderman is and what his powers are....but is he stronger then wonderwoman?

Draco69
This has already been done. WW wins though since she is stronger, faster and a better fighter.

Tron
Merging

laydiiplayette
this battle was done in wizard magazine before i think.

Draco69
It was. She plunged her fists into his ionic form. The bracelets' forcefield dispersed his energy field.

ScarletSpider
I'm sorry, she probably could beat him, but plunging her fists into his ionic form is crap. He's not just a mass of energy, but has a hard, invulnerable form.

Draco69
Hey don't look at me. I didn't make this up on my own. Wizard Magazine did a last man standing on them and that's how Diana won.

Scoobless
i guess the "a wizard did it" excuse doesn't just work for xena anymore

Draco69
Xena?

Scoobless
from that episode of the simpsons (halloween one i think) where bart and lisa get superpowers and comic book guy captures lucy lawless (xena) at a xena convention where all the little fan boys ask about continuity errors in specific episodes of the show and she replies to all their questions with "a wizard did it" ........ the simpsons rules!

who?-kid
Lol, we have a "Simpsons" fan here wink.

Scoobless
absolutley......... simpsons fan and comic fan are not mutualy exclusive catagories

K3VIL
I read you talking of WW superspeed.Wonder Man can fly at speeds equal or over those of the Quinjet, and he has superhuman reflexes too, yes he has not the experience of Diana, but he's anyway a heavyweight to deal with, and he has more resistance to injury than her, he was able to show his own against Thor, that Diana wasn't able to contain for few minutes in JLA VS AVENGERS, and also she's more vulnerable to energy attacks than Wonder Man, that can shoot ionic energy blasts that are pretty powerful

Euripides
Wonder Man can fly at Mach 3. Wonder Woman can fly at Mach 10.

Wonder Man has superhuman reflexes. Wonder Woman has superhuman reflexes on par with Jesse Quick and Max Mercury (think Flash-lite)

Wonder Man has several years of experience. Wonder Woman has over a thousand years of experience.

Wonder Woman never faced Thor. She was just evading an attack from Iron Man.

Wonder Man cannot fire Ionic blasts. He's never been able to do so. Even if he implausibly could anything he fires would be deflected by Wonder Woman's bracelets.

Wonder Woman wins.

x_danny_x
im looking at the beutifull women that they got overthere!!!

Napalm
wonder man is fruity and wonder womans a transvestite

Scoobless
apparently WM can fire energy blasts now, it's kind of a recent developement but i don't know how powerful they are, if anyone has an example of what he's done with them so far it would be appreciated
why do DC have to make their characters rediculously strong AND fast? it makes them less interesting as you know they can win almost everytime

Draco69
Wonder Man DOES NOT have ionic forceblasts. The Official Marvel Handbook of the Marvel Universe : Avengers 2004 says so.

radioboy121
He could shoot through his eyes, but I'm unsure what it was. Based on the description of Wonder Woman and the Wonder Man I remember, I am leaning towards Wonder Woman winning. I think the only Wonder Man version I know that could easily take her would be the one in Exiles that's mutated from the reminenance of Hulk during the "Iron Man taking over the Earth" saga.

Draco69
Count Nefaria can shoot ionic blast from his eyes not Wonder Man.

K3VIL
And why during the saga of Kang ruling the Earth, the Avengers, leaded by IM attacks Damocle Base and they all blast it at the same time with their energy powers and Wonder Man is clearly shooting ionic energy from the hands?You can see Thor, IM, Warbird, The Presence, Starlight, a few others and Wonder Man too, shooting a powerful combinated energy blast able to damage the force field of the base.

Draco69
This was most likely a mistake by the artist or the writer. Since he has NEVER used these powers against any other opponents. Not Ultron, not Hyperion, not anyone else.

Every bio I have read clearly states that Wonder Man does not have energy projection powers INCLUDING The Official Marvel Handbook of the Marvel Universe : Avengers 2004. I'm willing to place my money on the Handbook than that moment described.

Scoobless
i was talking about much more recently, like last few issues of avengers, i've been told he can now shoot energy blasts......... i have bought these issues but not read them yet so i'll let you know after i get around to them

radioboy121
Marvel Comics Presents - when he was somewhat under the love spell of Enchantress (she says she actually loved him though) and was on a plot to take the powers of a god (Thor), when he finally realized what he was doing was wrong, he rebelled and shot at her through his eyes. He has shown to use such abilities, but I guess he rarely uses it that some writers either forget about it or just choose not to use it. This specific scenario was around the early 90's.

Draco69
Huh. Oh well. During the Busiek/Perez run I never saw it. Even during the JLA/Avengers crossover.

Anyhoo, anything that WM throws WW deflects. She could just entangle him with her lasso and pummel him into submission.

Sentry
WONDERMAN...

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 380 lb.

Eyes: Red, formerly blue.

Hair: Gray, formerly black.

Strength Level: Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) 95 tons under optimal conditions. When extremely focused, upset or angry, Wonder Man's strength enables him to lift well over 95 tons putting him in the 100-ton strength level range.

Unusual Features: Wonder Man's eyes no longer have visible pupils or irises. His entire eyeball is permeated with microscopic shifting spots of ionic energy, which make them glow a bright red.

Since his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man's body becomes enveloped in ionic energy whenever he uses his powers in battle causing him to look like a being composed entirely of shifting red and dark purple glowing energy.

Known Superhuman Powers Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength, speed, durability, reflexes and stamina. The tissue and bone of his entire body have been augmented in strength and to a certain extent supplanted by an unknown substance during the ionic process that gave him his powers. Despite Wonder Man's statements that he is composed of ionic energy, he is in fact composed of organic matter that is permeated with ionic energy.

Wonder Man's stamina enables him to exert himself at peak levels for up to an hour and a half before fatigue poisons build up in his blood, causing him to tire. Wonder Man's skin and tissue is hard enough to resist temperature extremes from the cold vacuum of space to the extreme temperatures generated at ground zero of a nuclear bomb without any harm.

Wonder Man can run at superhuman speeds above 55 miles per hour. It is theorized that Wonder Man could potentially run at 500 miles per hour in a strait line for 30 minutes before tiring.

Wonder Man has been shown to be able to leap many feet into the air and cover large distances using this method. It is estimated that Wonder Man could leap about three miles per leap.

Wonder Man no longer requires food, water or oxygen since the energy that gives him life is far more efficient and self-sustaining than the biochemical processes that sustain normal, ordinary human life.

Wonder Man can fly by tapping releasing the by-products of the ionic energy interactions within his body unidirectionaly through his skin. The process resembled the workings of a noiseless nuclear powered jet engine. It is unknown the top speed at which Wonder Man can fly, but he can apparently reach escape velocity with ease and journey into outer space under his own power.

Wonder Man can halt the flow of ionic energy to his eyes through an act of deep concentration and make them revert to normal for brief periods of time. If Wonder Man does this for an extended period of time, he will suffer a headache from the strain of stopping the flow of ionic energy to and from his eyeballs.

Wonder Man's vision extends slightly into the infrared section of the visible spectrum allowing him to see in absolute dark without aid from any light source.

While it appears Wonder Man transforms from a normal human being into being composed purely of ionic energy, this is not the case. Wonder Man's physical body is merely covered by ionic energy at that point. It is unknown if this outer covering of ionic energy adds more protection to his already near-invulnerable form or if it is just a by-product of his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch.

Wonder Man also taps his ionic energies to enhance the speed of any of his physical action, giving him a practical reaction time hundreds of times faster than an ordinary human being's.

Despite these his various powers, Wonder Man can still be hurt or rendered unconscious by a sufficiently powerful force. Wonder Man still possesses nerve endings that allow him to feel pain to a certain degree. Because of the ionic energy in his body, Wonder Man no longer physically ages and is functionally immortal.

WW is very powerful I give her that, But Wonderman is no slouch either. Beating Wonderman, especially when he's angry is very hard to do. Wonderman has gone toe to toe with Marvel powerhouses and did fairly well against most of them. He crushed Ultron's adamantium head, defeated the Abomination, He also beat the crap out of Thor quite a few times before Thor got through his head that he cannot go toe to toe with Wonderman without his Hammer. Even when Thor had his Hammer, he defeated Thor. This fight could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Wonderman.

Sentry
Someone post in this thread. I'd like to continue this debate. I for one say Wonderman, can beat Wonder Woman, and vice versa. I forgot to quote my reference up their, I got that info from

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/

Other than that 6 out of 10 for Wonderman.

savagerampage
Wonderwoman might win this one. Its tooclose to call maybe wonderman can pull it off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.