How long should the Mace vs Sidious Duel last

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Topic

A. 4 mins
B. 6 mins
C. 8 mins

* I don't think the fight will extend longer than 8 mins

Stunrun
Probably 5 seconds, i heard its very brief and then Anakin intervenesconfused atleast i think

Jayd265
im thinking like 4ish

Grievous_90210
so when anikan like walks in does palps just hurry up and throw his saber in his pocket and act like he cant defend himself

smoker4
Is that a saber in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Sith Master X
Man, this fight should last about 3-4 mintues. This is my second most anticipated duel of the film. Can't wait for this one! evil face

Killua
i heard its wavering between 2 and 3 mins.
this duel should be great indeed cool

i am hyped about yoda vs sids , mace + posse vs sids , ani vs obi but i also can't wait to see the dooku duel !

grievous vs obi i don't really care about smile

Stunrun
u forgot Anakin v Mace, thats my most anticipated duelbig grin

Echuu
Man, George Lucas should just mesh it all into one huge duel between Anakin, Yoda, Mace, and Sidious. They could make it 20 minutes long!!!!!! smile

Okay ill stop dreaming. I would like it to last 5 or 6 minutes but I'm betting it will be like 3 or 4.

Red X
2-3 tops.

Anakin2Vader
Rick Mc. said they had to add on different areas arounds palpatines office to allow for a action sequence, which no doubt is this fight, and if the posse confronts palps in his private quarters, and the fighting with mace takes place in palpatines office then that means that there could be some area covered meaning it could be more of a duel than most expect

but also they could arrest him in his private quarters and be walking him down the hall to the rest of his office when palps saber springs from his sleeve and he quickly disperses of Mace's posse and then the duel begins...but is quickly interupted by Anakin.... just a thought... for some reason I think GL will do well on this

JKozzy
He's known how to do fight scenes well in the prequels, TPM and AOTC. I don't think he can mess up a movie that's mainly fighting. But then again, we'll see.

DarthVader
4 min tops...cant be vary long...but Grevious v.s. obi will be pretty cool

mtryder
If Sidious just tears through Mace, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. I realize that Sidious is badass, and all, but isn't mace supposed to be the strongest duelist in the Jedi Order? I can handle him losing, even if I have severe doubts as to the plausibility of it (fighting in an emotional void is always better, I don't think anyone would dispute that). That said, he really *has* to at least put up a fight.

Echuu
Totally agree with that mtryder; even though most people don't.

Sith Master X
Yeah, and we have yet to see Mace engaged in a lightsaber duel. I can't wait to see what he can do. I know he loses obviously, but I'm sure he puts up a pretty decent fight. Because we have yet to see Mace fight, and because this is the scene where Palps will finally reveal his true nature, that puts this duel second on my ROTS anticipation list. Right behind Yoda Vs. Sidious.

.:Space Opera:.
5 mins. tops.

DenKi
WAtch Mace in the StarWars Clonewars Cartoons, Hes got so much force power

NoMeN
i go for 4. 5 tops

quick and easy killing spree i might add. mace might be the second "baddest" lightsaber weilder in the galaxy....until this sidious guy showed up. then BOOM! gets whiped.

eXSBass
About 2 minutes. Then Anakin comes and kicks some arse. But that two minutes is just a teaser of Sidious Vs Yoda duel that's going to take place few moments later.

yup, good movie.

eXSBass
confused

huh? are you doubting that it wont?

Stunrun
ok, in my own opinion, i think the duels will be roughly this long

Anakin Skywalker V Obi-Wan Kenobi 10 - 12 min
Anakin Skywalker V Count Dooku 6 - 8 min
Obi-Wan Kenobi V General Grievous 6 - 8 min
Yoda V Palpatine 5 - 7 min
Anakin Skywalker V Mace Windu 5 - 7 min
Mace Windu V Palpatine 3 - 5 min

plz contribute your own ideasyes

mtryder
Sorry, I'm just really not sure if I buy that one Sith master can destroy 4 battlehardened Jedi, including Mace, singlehandedly. That's the kind of thing you expect to find in the EU. One thing I always respected about Star Wars was that it didn't do stupid shit like that. It even justified Dooku's defeating both Anakin and Obi-Wan by making Anakin spoil it all with his impatience.
Now we have one sith taking out multiple Jedi Masters, an unkillable-4-lightsaber-wielding-lizard-machine being killed by a single blaster.... it's just dumb. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the movie's going to suck. I think it'll be damn good. I just think that certain parts are going to be stupid as hell.

mtryder
And to clarify, I dind the unkillable-4-lightsaber-wielding-lizard-machine himself just as stupid a concept as the way in which he dies.

schill142
All of these suggested duel times are way off. One can say 5 minutes is quick, but have we actually watched 5 uninterrupted minutes of 1 on 1 lightsaber dueling in any of the movies? .....NO

Lightsaber duels are similar to fencing matches and samurai sword battles; in that one hit should be enough. Having fenced and sword fought I know the concept of 4-8 minutes on non-stop indecisive swordplay is idiotic at best.

Once Ani intervenes on behalf of Palpatine, look for him to cut down Mace in under a minute.

Jedi Priestess
Actually the Anakin/Obi-Wan is about right according to stuff we've heard from the OS.

schill142
Correct, but that is not toe to toe, uninterrupted fighting. They are chasing each other, suffering falls, throws, saber and force attacks. I understand that their duel will be epic in both time and ground covered.

Jedi Priestess
Oh, well of course.........I didnt mean they stand there in one place and go at it for 10 minutes. laughing out loud

Red Superfly
Mace: "Chancellor I know about your plans and I'm here to stop yo....."

*swoosh*

*thunk*

That's how long it should last.

Jedi Priestess
laughing

schill142
Exactly,

But it will be interesting to see what melodramatic device Lucas inserts, thus ruining a perfectly good scene.

mtryder
Because yes, the most talented fighter in the Jedi order should be incapable of even defending himself against a Sith Lord. Seriously, people. I understand that Sidious would, and probably even should have the upper hand in the duel, but can anyone give one even remotely decent reason why Mace can't, at least initially, battle him to a stalemate at least? It makes no sense.

Anyone else in the Jedi Order? Sure, I can understand it. But, from my understanding, Mace and Yoda seem to occupy their own tier of mastery, with Yoda focusing more on the wisdom, and Mace focusing more on the combat. Honestly, it's my opinion that Mace should hold his own respectably against Sidious, and defeat Anakin. I understand that Anakin is the chosen one, but he's still a petulant, emotionally conflicted, unfocused Jedi *Knight* who is still relatively new to the Order, while Mace is a seasoned, battleharded Jedi Master, and a notoriously talented one at that.

Along the same vein, Sidious should not be able to take down *four* Jedi Masters. Any of them one on one, and maybe two on one, I can understand. But four is plausible only if he takes them by surprise. I don't see how he will, considering that they're off to confront him because they've uncovered his identity, but we'll see.

Cipher
From the time Mace & Co. walk in till the time Mace gets flung out that window will probably be 5-6 minutes. This scene is all about getting Anakin on Palpatine's side.

mtryder
I'm not saying it should last a long time, by the way. Honestly, I ideally don't think that the Mace-Sidious duel should swing much in either direction before Anakin shows up. Anakin dueling Mace should be the majority of the scene, and I think the total time between Mace confronting Sidious and Mace dying should be 10-15 minutes.

Sith Master X
Depending on Palpy's true power, he may have no problem handling 4 Jedi. Remember, Palps is supposedly the ultimate force user in the galaxy who's powers extend far beyond any others.

Cipher
It would be good if the fight were longer, but if Yoda's fighting him later on, it might be too repetitive. Palpatine probably uses a lot of dark side power to finish off the Jedi.

moviejunkie23
however long it is i think it will be sweet

Sith Master X
I'm hoping it's at least 2-3 minutes. 4 minutes would be cool, but now I feel that 2-3 minutes is more appropriate.

schill142
^
Correct!

bill9d9
Sidious vs Windu will probably go 3-4 mins. Sid WILL NOT just dominate him. Remember, SLJ was given a degree of creative control over his character as a stipulation of accepting the role in the movies. I have heard him say in numerous interviews that he "does not go out like a punk". For all of you Sidious fans out there hoping for a total ass kicking, forget about it.

Red Superfly
Hang on, hang on - I thought Vader/Anakin was gonna take out Mace?

Why does Palps need to take out both Yoda and Mace? That's overkill. He only needs to take out yoda to prove how tough he is. Vader needs to kill Windu to prove that he is second in command to Palps, much like Mace was to Yoda.

Why do people think Palps is gonna take out Windu?

bill9d9
I do not think Sid takes out (ie: Kills) Mace. I think that they will fight, and Anakin will interfere. I think this is where Anakin becomes Vader.

Stunrun
for some STRANGE reason, im looking forward to Anakin v Mace more than Palps v Maceconfused

Jedi Priestess
Because the spoiler is that Palps throws Mace out the window via the Force.

Sith Master X
So he just dies from falling then?

Stunrun
i dont buy that, because Mace and Anakin duel on the balcony outside Palps office, so i think Anakin finishes him off there, well IMHOyes

i just think it would suck if palps killed mace, because i always wanted Anakin to do that jobsad

Jedi Priestess
Hey Im with you men on this one, I definitely think it should be Anakin that kills Mace, here's hoping that particular spoiler is wrong.

Sith Master X
I think it'd be better if Palps finished him off myself.

Stunrun
yeh i remember the outrage on MSN when that spoiler came outlaughing out loud it was the only spoiler from MF i didnt likeno

well, i was kinda pissed offstick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
yes lets see was that MSN alliance chat 3646523???

Stunrun
youve had that many!?laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Seems like smile

Red Superfly
And then does the same thing to Yoda?

I heard Palps throws YODA out the window, not Mace.

Who the hell is Anakin/Vader gonna kill? He needs to take out someone of supreme strength. The younglings? C'mon. It's gotta be Mace.

Sure, he slays Dooku, but he really needs to take out a Jedi to prove nobody messes with him.

Palps killing both Mace and Yoda is simply overkill.

Ever since Episode I you could see that Mace was designed as the "fall guy" for Vader.

Emperor > Yoda

Vader > Windu

Stunrun
spot on superflyyes

schill142
How about this scenario-

Mace confronts and tries to arrest Palpatine, Anakin steps in and verbally defends the person he has been assigned to protect. They argue, tempers flair, and lightsabers ignite. Anakin and Mace duel- Anakin gives into the Dark Side letting his anger fuel him as they battle. Just as he is about to finish Windu, the Emperor force pushes him out the window, thus finishing Mace and revealing his presence to Anakin in one step. This would be done only after Anakin proved his loyalty by turning on a fellow Jedi.

Jedi Priestess
I believe I said

cylob49
sam jackson saying he "doesnt want to go out like some punk" doesnt really tally up with mace being flung to his death out of a window no matter how feirce the fight beforehand is.

Arsenal
I heard he uses force lightning to throw him out the window after Anakin cuts one of his hands off.

Red Superfly
JP I wasn't disputing anything you said. I was disputing the so-called spoilers saying that Mace gets thrown out of the window like trash.

DenKi
whats all this window crap, it wont happen and why you all keep sying somone gets thown out of a window? wheres the proof..

jango fatt
5 seconds. Kill the bastard!!!!!!!!! i don't know why, but i never liked Mace Windu.

its because he's black isnt it?

JK

jango fatt
No it is not .It's because he's so arrogant.

jango fatt
What does JK mean anyway.

JoKing

ctsketch
actually it means Just.Kidding, hence J.K.

well whatever same point at least...

Mortanius
IF the Obi vs Anakin duel is the longest duel then this is how I want each duel to last:

Anakin vs. Obi : 10 min.
Anakin vs. Dooky: 9.59 min.
Palps vs. Mace : 9.59 min.
Yoda vs. Palps : 9.59 min.
Obi vs. Grievous : 9.59 min.

lolsmile

jedimaster2000
2-3 min, before anakin takes over

ChrisML85
Samuel L. Jackson won't just let his character get killed in 3 seconds. He fought long and hard to have his own lightsaber color. You think he's gonna let Lucas kill him off in 3 seconds?

DarthJacob
how could the fight go longer than 2 minutes...

Sith Master X
It'd be nice to see this one go the length of Luke Vs. Vader in ESB.

Malic Clanorian
i read on theforce.net earlier in the year that the anakin vs obi wan duel was going to be the longest duel in cinematic history..somewhere around 10-15mins..so that should be interesting...not really interested in yoda fighting palps just because i dont like the fact its a computer generated character fighting a real person but it will probably be cool for special effects..mace and palps my guess will be 3-5 mins of actual fighting..(this doesnt include the talking or the killing of the rest of the posse)

awain
I agree with you there but I'm also looking forward to see Mace fighting Sidious as well because I think that Mace is more powerful than Yoda because Yoda lost against Sidious but Mace beat Sidous, well before Anakan came and save Sidious's worthless ass!
I think that Mace will fight Sidious like Obi-One did when he fought Darth Maul alone in Episode I.

awain
I may be wrong myself but I don't think the timings will be exactly like that because I think Anakan vs Obi-One lasts for 12 minutes, Sidious vs Mace for only about only 4-5 minutes probably, and Obi-One vs Grevious is probably a bit brief, but I think Yoda vs Sidious might be either the same as Anakan vs Obi-one or even longer.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
After these Ep3 battles, you'll get sad about the lightsabre-battles in the OT> "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan!.....kssss,kgggg, swaaaang....run Luke run!"....
What the f**k? Is it over already?, I'm gonna sew Lucas for this treason!!!!!

DenKi
All these Times seem ages, i dont see what they can do, i think they will switch between fight scenes i dont think they will show it all at once,

kanis
alien It won't be a long fight they will save the longest fight aka anakin vs obi wan and the as you've said the yoda Vs sidious and I find it laughable when I heard that anakin was to defeat Mace windu in a lightsabre duel.

DenKi
cant wait to see Pics of Anakn Vs Mace, im sure they will be some pics of them soon, or they might show somthin in the trailer of all the fights

Cheesiness
Why don't we just make this entire film a free-for-all...

kanis
alien Shoot me I was wrong which I was relieved that anakin did not kill mace only cut his arm off while he was not looking and he got hit with force lightning and flung out of the window, but I don't think he's dead neither does lord shadow z who is writing a fanfic on what he thinks happened to mace.

Sith-Nerd
A & 1half, 4:50

((The_Anomaly))
Mace is dead, live with it

Darth Somebody
Palpatine ownz j00!

Captain REX
...this was bumped, why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.