Justice League vs. Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supessucks
There are four heroes per team. No weapons are used, (exception: weapons normally possessed by that hero e.g.: Wonder Woman's lasso,) and No environmental advantages (such as entering space or the sea.) The contest would be on a surface similar to earths

Justice League:
Superman ("post crisis"wink
Wonder Woman (with power enhancement.)
Aquaman
Green Lantern

Defenders:
Dr. Strange
Hulk (Professor Hulk)
Silver Surfer (Uni-power)
Namor (the Sub-Mariner)

Superman would be faster than most of the defenders, except the Silver Surfer, and his strength rivals Hulk's. However he would be very susceptible to Dr. Strange's magic.

Dr. Strange's magic is very powerful, he can also fly, read minds, and possesses vast wisdom and battle experience. However he is not physically strong.

Wonder Woman's strength is only slightly less than Superman's with her enhancements, but can she withstand the power of the Uni force Silver Surfer possesses?

The Professor Hulk has Hulk's body and capacity for infinite strength, but also has Bruce Banner's genius level intellect. He is stronger than Superman, but he would have his hands full dealing with Superman's speed

Aquaman is powerful, and is armed with telepathic powers; however his strength is considerably less than Superman's or Wonder Woman's.

The Silver Surfer possesses the Uni-Power granted to him by his old master, Galactus. His strength is comparable to Hulk's base strength and is much, much, faster.

Green Lantern can use his ring to create green force fields. This ability could be countered by magic.

Namor has strength superior to Wonder Woman's, and the power of flight at his disposal. He also has limited invulnerability.

Draco69
The Battle Goes to The Defenders. The Lite-Justice Leauge is of no comparsion. (You put Aquaman on the team?!) The Silver Surfer is stronger than any of them. Dr. Strange is master sorcerer. Hulk is smart for once. It's little biased for my taste. I would replace Aquaman for the Flash or Captain Marvel. The Justice League would put up a good fight but they're seriously outgunned. The way I see it one superspeed punch knocks out the good doctor. Superman and WW launch a superspeed assault on Namor. He goes down. After occupying the Hulk with giant plasma robot. Superman and WW tag team Hulk. He goes down. While Supes and WW fougnt the Hulk, Green Lantern fought the Silver Surfer. He loses. Silver Surfer blasts Supes and WW into oblivion. Aquaman is useless. He justs stands there waving a pompom made of seaweed. The Defenders win.

For the last flippin time, Wonder Woman is stronger than Namor. He's max is 75 tons. She can exceed 100! Good God! And she doen't need any power enhancements!

supessucks
You're right about the fact that I may have decided upon the wrong justice league members, as I am not a justice league buff. I thought I was picking their best members, I could have chosen batman. However they still have more than a fighting chance. Aquaman has super-strengh and telepathy. I also doubt that Silver Surfer would take down Superman and Wonder Woman by himself when the Fantastic Four bested him. He would require assisitance from Dr. Strange in the very least. And for the last time Namor strength is at 85 tons, Wonder Woman's is undetermined, but proven to be less than Superman's. I hardly think that Professor Hulk's would waste his time fighting one of Green Lantern's plasma toys. He would likely strategize this battle with his genius level intelligence. And why would Dr. Strange be knocked out by a single "superspeed" punch (from superman, I suppose,) when he could use magic to protect himself and counterattack using magic, one of blue boy's glaring weaknesses? I too think the Defenders would win, but not under the pretenses portrayed in your story. It seems that you place the burden of this fight soley on the Silver Surfer. Speed isn't everything.

Mainstream
No Batman in your Justice League lineup? That's just wrong

supessucks
Batman would be destroyed by any of the defenders. He never fought anyone as powerful. He should really stick to the likes of Joker and Two-face.

Mainstream
That sooooooo cold dude. Batman the guy that makes the plans. He has his purpose. The JLA need him and they know it and you know it.

supessucks
I'm sorry but this isn't a popularity contest. He can make the plans, but he would be a burden to the team in battle. Hell, I like batman, but he's not on the level of the opposition.

supessucks
Can Bruce Lee beat Superman?

Mainstream
You almost make me think you don't like the Batman dude. And Supersucks...I don't think Bruce Lee has a chance in hell.

supessucks
My point exactly. No strategy could save batman from Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, and Silver Surfer, he's only human, and that's what we all love about him.

Mainstream
NO duuuuuu.... No one superhero could do that. But a highly skilled team such as the JLA could....Dammit !! I forgot about the Sliver Surfer The Defenders take it.

supessucks

muffin man
defenders although I did pit the same for but different incarnations against the x-treme x-men. but they had the numbers advantage.
and I didn't state the incarnations.

K3VIL
Justice League:
Superman ("post crisis"wink
Wonder Woman (with power enhancement.)
Aquaman
Green Lantern

Defenders:
Dr. Strange
Hulk (Professor Hulk)
He's excess of Class 100 strenght, but more vulnerable than savage Hulk, maybe he would give WW hard time, remember Hulk's reflexes and speed are superhuman too, but finally he goes down.They wouldn't give him the chance to become a real problem.
Silver Surfer (Uni-power)
He can wipe out Superman, and even if the Man Of Steel gives him troubles, Supes would fall under a mystical energy bolt from Dr. Strange
Namor (the Sub-Mariner)
Out of Water Namor is Class 70, he still posses superhuman resistance to injury, stamina, reflexes, and fly, he would wipe out Aquaman, the worst member of that JLA incarnation, then would get knocked down from Supes or WW.
If GL is Kyle Rainer, he falls.If it's Hal Jordan or John Stewart, then they could give SS troubles, especially Hal would be able to win, but i give this to Surfer.
Finally the Surfer, and Dr. Strange triumph.Defenders 1, JLA 0.

supessucks
I wouldn't put Professor out of the fight so quickly

norrin radd
whith the team members you choose i woudl say defenders, instead of aquaman you should choose Martian Manhunter.

vaya_the_elf
I'm thinks justice league would win, but thats just me.

supessucks
Surfer could kill all of the Justice league members, including MM.

vaya_the_elf
I'm thinking green latern can kick a lot of the defenders. Why do you think surfer could kill all of the justice league members?

supessucks
Surfer can kill superman by absorbing his sunlight using his energy manipulation power. He can also absorb the energy of the green lantern's ring. Green Lanturn couldn't handle any of the defenders.

supessucks
What the Hell, Hulk would be more than enough to keep Superman busy, he's the strongest superhero in the universe. Meanwhile, Superman gets hit by one of Dr. Strange's mystic energy bolts, or Surfer's energy manipulation. And don't give me the Superman speed arguement, Surfer is way faster. The rest of the team is at the Defender's mercy. The Justice League couldn't beat one of the Defenders.

Tron
Actually, strongest superhero on Earth might be more accurate. The Marvel Universe in general, there are guys that could slap Hulk around with ease and put him down long before he's strong enough for them.

supessucks
I said Superhero, Tron. We all know the Watchers, Galactus, or Phoenix Force could wipe the floor with Hulk. These are cosmic entities, not superheros. Even some superheroes (such as Silver Surfer, Professor X, or Dr. Strange,) are way too powerful for Hulk to fight. There is a list of people that could kick Hulk's ass. But, Hulk has the most physical strength in the universe. But remember, strength isn't everything.

picoico
Defenders, with ease. Surfer and Strange are the source of the imbalance.

Dr Fate is more of a match up for Strange, and Surfer...well...GL at some level is a good match up for him, but not quite good enough...maybe the whole GL core?

supessucks
Green lantern could not compete with Surfer. Surfers too fast, too strong, and has too many energy related powers for Green Lantern to deal with. He has the Cosmic Uni Force.

lightaxe
Where did Doctor Fate some from? And teh GL team where did that come from?

norrin radd

supessucks
Martian manhunter would easily fall to surfer, he has the power of the Cosmic Cube. One Mystic spell bolt takes care of Superman (he has a glaring weakness to magic.) Hulk with the help of his allies could definately beat Wonder Woman. Silver Surfer could absorb all the energy from Lantern's ring, (Remember? He charges it every night,) leaving him open for Namor or Hulk to knock him out.

Draco69
The power of the Cosmic Cube? That's completely inaccurate. The Silver Surfer has the power of ...never mind. Liking talking to wall.

supessucks
Sorry, confused with Thanos. He has the Power of Galactus.

Tron
I know what you said. And as far as the most physical strength in the universe, I'd have to say you're wrong. Thanos, Champion, Tyrant, and a few others I can't recall at the moment, can outmuscle Hulk and put him down before his rage kicks in. And no, strength ISN'T everything, cause those three can beat him with the rest of their abilities as well.

Tron
Oh, and I forgot to mention the Destroyer and Mangog.

supessucks
Hulk can exceed the strength of any of the said entities. However they would defeat him with their other abilities. In a contest of pure strength, Hulk could best anyone, but he could still lose in a fight against any of the above. As I said, strength isn't everything.

Tron
Yeah, he had the "potential" to exceed any of their strength, but who says they'll give him the chance before laying him out. Strength isn't everything, but when you're significantly stronger than your oponent, it makes a big difference. And Hulk can lose to someone who's stronger than him, as he has before.

Draco69
Green Lantern could easily defeat The Hulk, Namor, and possibly Dr. Strange. Silver Surfer is out of the question. The guy's just below God.

supessucks
Hulk has only been defeated by Apocolypse, Absorbing Man (his dad), and Abomination. And none of them did so, "easily." As it is impossible to easily defeat Hulk "easily" without a sufficient telepathic assault or energy draining powers. Hulk would give Green Lantern, or any member of the Justice League quite a fight. (notice I did not say he would defeat any or all of them though he probably could.)

Draco

Why do you think Green Lanturn would beat Hulk so badly?

Draco69
Green Lantern can do ANYTHING with his ring. If he thinks it, it happens. He's only bound by his willpower or an imagination. If he can contain a supernova, he can take out the Hulk.

supessucks
Green Lantern's ring's power is not limitless. If it was he could never be defeated. His ring must be charged nightly, and it has run out of power during battle before. Regardless, Green Lantern's ring is used mainly as a defensive weapon. He could possibly contain Hulk using it, but I doubt he could knock out Hulk using his ring. Hulk would also be as fast as or almost as fast as Green Lantern since Green Lantern is only a human. the ring gives him speed, but not that much.

Tron
You left out Dr. Strange, Juggernaut, Silver Surfer, and a few others I'll get back to you on.

And, ummm, Absorbing Man aka Carl "Crusher" Creel is NOT Hulk's father, you're thinking of the movie.

KillAll
hahaha... his dad... ha ha ha

i'd be inclined to agree that champion and mangog are -much, much- stronger than hulk. even the destroyer.

K3VIL
What are you saying?Crusher Creel the Absorbing Man isn't his father.
In the movie they give his father the powers of Absorbing man.
And Hulk got defeated from Apocalypse, who make him his horseman War, Abomination, Superman, Dr. Strange, Juggernaut, Silver Surfer, etc.Doesn't count if they do it easy or not they do it.

Green Lantern could easily defeat The Hulk, Namor, and possibly Dr. Strange. Silver Surfer is out of the question. The guy's just below God.

Depends from the GL.Hal Jordan?Maybe if not yes, you're forgetting that SS with UniPower has more powers to tap in than a GL and SS has a great will too one of the strongest will in MU.Namor and Hulk ok, it's not hard to put them into a force field and throw them in the Sun.
But Dr.Strange has more powers, he could take down a GL.

supessucks
You are right, for some reason I thought David Banner was the Absorbing man. At any rate, Absorbing man defeated him. I have already refuted the "throw him into the sun" arguement.

Reason 1: A fusion based Gamma Bomb explosion would be HOTTER than the sun. If Hulk could withstand this, he could withstand the sun.
Reason 2: Green Lantern does not possess lightspeed, (contrary to popular belief, nor does Superman or Flash.) Even at the speed of sound it would take him months to reach the Sun. (remember, he has to charge the ring every night. Do you think Hulk would sit in the forcefield twiddling his thumbs? He would be fighting for his life! Do you know how strong that would make him? He'd fight like hell to get out, getting angrier every second. Long before he got to the sun, Hulk would become mad enough to break his forcefield (He has broken very powerful forcefields before,) or the power ring would run out of energy, disabling him and stranding both of them in space (GL would die shortly afterwards.)

Reason 3: If Green Lantern "threw" the forcefield containing Hulk into the sun (if he is even capable of doing this,) The force fields travel nowhere near the speed of sound. It would take the force field years to reach the sun. Hulk would escape, as I expressed above.
He could not simply toss them into the sun using the ring. It's not possible.

Quick Freeze
great match-up
kudos
the only thing i might have done differently is replacing aquaman with martian manhunter. that would be a draw hands down. but im glad somone finally put up this one.
again, kudos
i'm gonna have to go with defenders on this one
i dont think any of the justice league can really handle the power cosmic especially when sorceror supreme is on it's side. namor is always underestimated, his strength matches superman and he can fly (and of course live underwater). and the new hulk with banner's intelligence is a pretty tough cookie. im not saying it wont be a fight its a great match-up

supessucks
When it comes down to Silver Surfer, he could beat any Justice league member. He's in a class of his own. Because of Surfer, Justice League can't win. He could take out their leader, Superman.

Tron
Green Lantern lesson here: True, GL's can't use superspeed like Superman or others, but, the ring DOES allow them to travel through space at warp speeds. They police different sections of space afterall, how else would they get from point A to point B without taking years or centuries? Getting to the sun would be nothing to a GL. And whether the sun would actually kill Hulk or not is debateable, but regardless, I'd like to see how Hulk would get out of the sun anyways. And even if Hulk did break the forcefield just before getting to the sun, he'd still be stuck in space, where he would eventually die anyways. Either way, Green Lantern's done his job. Hulk can eventually break out of the forcefield, but seeing as how a Green Lantern can contain a nova, he can still hold him long enough to get pretty far. And as far as the ring running out of power, you give Green Lantern too little credit here. GL's deal with powerful galactic threats almost regularly. Hulk's highly powerful, but any GL will still hold more than enough power to do what he needs to do.

Tron
True, Namor is almost always underestimated, but his strength matching Superman? I think you're giving a little too much credit there. And Hulk with Banner's intelligence (aka Professor Hulk) isn't really new any more. He's not as tough as the original Savage Hulk, but he's still pretty tough though.

supessucks
Strange, I though Green Lantern was assigned to this Solar System. If so, he would not have to travel the universe. There are tons of Green Lanterns. At any rate, Hulk would probably be able to propel himself within range of earth's gravity before he suffocated; he could hold his breath for days. If he couldn't, Surfer or Strange would be able to rescue him (this isn't a one on one fight.)

supessucks
I don't think Namor is as strong as Superman, though.

Quick Freeze
dont forget namor! if he can survive under water, why not space? (wow i'm really not that big of a namor fan but i guess it appears that way right now)

supessucks
I'm not sure if Namor could survive in outerspace. Namor thrives in water, he has a fish-like respiratory system.

Quick Freeze
oh yeah embarrasment

supessucks
It's okay Quick Freeze, they would still trash the Justice League.

Tron
When the Green Lantern Corps was still running, Hal Jordan was assigned to much much than just much than this solar system alone, he was assigned to a large part of the galaxy which this solar system's in. And Kyle, well, while working solo, worked more than just his sector. And yeah, Surfer could get Hulk out of that bind, but you must tell me how Hulk would possibly propel himself back to Earth?

C1nd3r
He would squeeze out some huge farts.

supessucks
Hulk's thunderclaps have been used to propel himself through space, he did it during the Secret Wars. Or as C1nd3r said, he could fart...

Tron
Okay, I understand it's comics and all, but how in the hell is Hulk gonna use a thunderclap to propel himself in the vacuum of space? Where there is no air for the thunderclap to propel him with? Anyways, even if he were able to propel himself, depending on how far he is, just how long would it take him? It takes about 8 minutes for light to travel from the sun to Earth, and Hulk can't even move a fraction of lightspeed, so, just how long will Hulk have to hold his breath?

norrin radd

Tron
That's what I'm asking. Even by comic logic, that's just ridiculous, lol.

Hulk's better off waiting for a pick-up from Surfer.

Cosmic Cube
No more ridiculous than a big green schizophrenic monster, or a silver alien that rides a surfboard.

Maestro
Couldn't strange just teleport him back to Earth?

K3VIL
Why you're debating of Hulk surviving into space, he needs to breath, of the GL don't throw him in the sun, he just put him a sector of the galaxy and Hulk couldn't avoid to breath for eternity, he would die.So he's defeated.Namor would be a match for Superman only if Superman is surrounded by Kryptonite chains and his in water.
Also would be fun to see how Hulk can hold is breath for days but he's too much far from the Earth to reach it before he die.A GL can also open portals, maybe Hal or Kyle just needs to teleport the forcefield cotaining Hulk on the moon of a planet in a far far space system, and Hulk will die.
It's easy to do it for a GL.
Now i'd like to read other fanboy ideas.Maybe Hulk saving himself pronuncing HULK SMASH and a Djinn would appear to save him.Lol

Maestro
ummm seeing that surfer has cosmic awareness, it wouldn't take him long before he would find him.

norrin radd
true but surfer alone cannot beat GL, MM, and superman.

LexCorp
underestitmating Doc Strange in this battle big time, he can transport too, magic that can screw up the jl.

Krissy Von Doom
If the Hulk gets thrown into space, the battle becomes lopsided but the Defenders can still squeeze out with a win because Strange's powers are too versatile. If he wanted to he could teleport three of the JLA away from the battle to another dimension (where super speed wouldn't get them anywhere) and leave one lone JLAer battle the four defenders, but that wouldn't be fair. Most likey, Supes would be quickly bound by the crimson bands, taking him out of the fight just as Hulk gets lopped off into space. And Hulk can't propel himself in space - he needed a jetpack during Infinity Crusade and was helpless when it was damaged... he slowly drifted away from Drax and Thor.

Tron
Well, you're going into a totally different subject there.

Quick Freeze
id just like to make the point that many of you are forgetting the reason why the defenders dont kick serious ass in their issues besides that it would make a boring read. think about it, hulk, surfer, strange and namor??? unstoppable right? except that the whole point is that theyre "Marvel's First Non-Team!" you have to take into consideration that in almost every issue namor and hulk are at each other's throats, surfer doesnt want to have anything to do with the team, and strange spends so much time trying to keep everyone together, it takes several issues to resolve a task at hand for them.
the jla are very loyal and and superman is a great leader. theyve developed great dynamics and they can come up with much better strategies, even on the spot. if the fights based just on sheer abilities, then i think defenders have the upper hand, but in all the team or partner threads, nobody thinks about how they would actually work together. . .

Fanboy
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/wonder_woman2.htm http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/namor.htm okay something really annoyed me someone said Namor was stronger then Wonderwoman now look at these profiles and wich strength level seems higher. and Wonderwoman can fly too. Also I think Namor has some electric ability. and Sadly I would say the Defenders would win because lack of members in JLA.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Draco69
The Battle Goes to The Defenders. The Lite-Justice Leauge is of no comparsion. (You put Aquaman on the team?!) The Silver Surfer is stronger than any of them. Dr. Strange is master sorcerer. Hulk is smart for once. It's little biased for my taste. I would replace Aquaman for the Flash or Captain Marvel. The Justice League would put up a good fight but they're seriously outgunned. The way I see it one superspeed punch knocks out the good doctor. Superman and WW launch a superspeed assault on Namor. He goes down. After occupying the Hulk with giant plasma robot. Superman and WW tag team Hulk. He goes down. While Supes and WW fougnt the Hulk, Green Lantern fought the Silver Surfer. He loses. Silver Surfer blasts Supes and WW into oblivion. Aquaman is useless. He justs stands there waving a pompom made of seaweed. The Defenders win.

For the last flippin time, Wonder Woman is stronger than Namor. He's max is 75 tons. She can exceed 100! Good God! And she doen't need any power enhancements!

He is now 100 class avengers 2004 hand book.

jrodslam
True indeed.

Defenders. Most powerful group in Marvel.

Strange alone could take out the JLA.

Bad rosters. This fight is too lopsided.

long pig
Smart man.

cool

jrodslam
Uhh were you trying to be sarcastic? confused

long pig
Nope.
Neither the Defenders or Strange get a lot of respect around here.
I was just agreeing with you.
Hell, some people were telling me Strange couldn't take out the X-men......psh.

jrodslam
Psh indeed. Strange owns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.