Luke Skywalker vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
Okay, lets take luke at the end of Return of the Jedi. He has just become a jedi, but is still not all that powerful quite yet. Would he be able to defeat wolverine? Would the lightsabre, which can supposedly cut through ANYTHING be able to slice through adamantium, which is supposedly INDESTRUCTABLE???

Draco69
The lightsaber vs. adamantium? If it's hot enough to reduce the adamantium to its melting point, than yes. If not than no. If Luke is still pretty much a rookie, then Wolvie takes the cup (and may even his sister too!)

Cosmo Kramer
No! The lightsaber would not melt adamantium and Wolverine would kick that pretty boys ass. Unless Han Solo and Chewbacca show up with a huge army of teddy grams lol

angelsflame265
If the lightsaber can cut through anything. . . then i'd have to go with Luke. . . but if not, then Wolverine could take him

Bardock42
Well it would destroy a lot of the shit in between the bones though. Still I don'T like luke, he's not a Rookie anymore though, he got at least 6 years of practice, of course he is not a rea. Jedi but he ain't a rookie can'T say that.

radioboy121
If going by the movies, it took Qui-Gon Jinn quite some time to go through the door with the lightsaber if it can go through anything. The most comparable to a lightsaber in the Marvel stream (discounting the Star Wars limited series among others Marvel published) would be Black Knight who was able to meet his own lightsaber version against Wolverine's claws .

I know very little about the book version of Luke, so if going by movie version Luke, he would probably lose as Wolverine's beserker will be hard to deflect or anticipate.

SnakeEyes
I imagine Luke being semi-cocky if they started to battle, and they would approach each other, both feeling confident in their abilities. Luke would slash and maybe lop off one of Wolvie's arms ( if a saber can cut through adamantium that is) and Luke would think that he is dead after he falls to the ground. Wolvie would recover as Luke is walking away and possibly score the killing blow. Luke has the possibility of winning, but Wolverine is far, far cooler...

Kontraz
nice theory... but i have a feeling luke would be able to sense wolverine is still alive.... i mean, he is just barely a jedi, but a jedi nonetheless...

SnakeEyes
True, I was thinking about Luke being able to sense old Wolvie as well, but if you think about it, Luke is a JEDI, so he might not kill Wolverine, and that could be his downfall. Wolverine could play along until Luke is somewhat convinced that Wolvie is harmless, and then Wolvie could kill him. But then again, Luke can use the Force to sense stuff. Taht's kinda why i think these Star Wars vs. Marvel (or DC) threads are kind of too tough to determine, either that or a no brainer. I prefer my star wars battles to be star wars characters against other star wars characters...

eleveninches
depends on wether or not a lightsaber can cut adamantium.

It's a common misconception that a lightsaber can cut through anything. There is a lizard-like creature in the star wars EU that has a lightsaber-proof skin. Also, in episode one, quigon and obiwan have trouble cutting through blast doors.

Havoc470
i didnt know that, thank you heheh

muffin man
LUKE.
this is miss-matched.

Napalm
wolvi

BobbyD
Pretty neat and unusual matchup...though I don't know who would win, especially since I just read a lightsabre has difficulty going through (blast?) doors.

muffin man
that door was triple reinforced.

BobbyD
I guess bye-bye, Wolvie.

who?-kid
Luke has no chance. He's not as tough, probably not as fast as Wolverine, can't take half the damage and hasn't got as much experience as Wolverine.

And please, drop the lightsaber, that's just a sharp sword, and despite what some believe, Wolverine normally dodges whenever he can.

BobbyD
Then bye-bye, Luke?

radioboy121
Well, also realize that Wolverine is capable of having his body react differently than the thoughts in his head. Luke fight opponents where both mind and body correlate.

who?-kid
yep smile

Khellendros
Wolverine takes it after a hard fight. He's got tons of experience dealing with telepaths, can think one thing and do another, and can take way more damage than Luke.

srankmissingnin
When Wolverine fought Psylocke she couldn't read his movements because his thought an action are one... they just forgot that when Mr. X showed up.

mr.smiley
what if wolverine had a lightsaber and used his samurai skills against lukes jedi skills

dami wilson
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL............I THINK LUKE HAS A UPPER HAND AS HE CAN PUT HIS WILL POWER ON WOLVIE AND MAKE HIM GO JUMP OFF THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN INTO A BURNING LAVA! MIND CONTROL IS A JEDI'S GIFT , ONE OF MANY AND THE LIGHT SABRE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CUT THROUGH HIS CLAWS! HULK BROKE WOLVIE'S CLAWS ONCE!! Being indestructable doesn't mean it cant be broken!!!! or cut! it could be dented at some point! Luke could use his force to carry wolvirine to a volcanoe and shove him down the hole!
How did terminator die in the second movie?

srankmissingnin
I doubt any mind control would work on Wolverine, as the guy is the epitome of will power... and it really only works on canon folder. You are aware of how strong the Hulk is right?

radioboy121
Well, Wolverine has been controlled before on various occasions, but the jedi force endows a low level mind influence/control, so Luke couldn't influence Wolverine in that respect anyway.

moviejunkie23
well the whole thing about the blast doors you have to remember we are talking about ULTRA THICK WALLS. Wolverines anmantium is only a slight coating over his skeleton. And plus in star wars that material from the door is alien to anything in marvel. How hard is it in comparison to anmantium?
Well i don't think Luke can read his mind to gauge his moves. I was reading a ultimate x men and it was explaining how logan could guard his thoughts against x.
About speed it is probable that Luke could use the force and speed himself up so he could get a good hit in with his light sabre and at the same time dodge wolvies attacks. He doesn't seem so quick and agile as say yoad from episode 2 or maul from episode one but it is my own personal feeling that is because of the special effects at the time would have been harder to have a darth maul style battle showing luke jump around like he was spider man.
Also remember Luke has barley trained and he defeats darth vader who has been skilled for YEARS. Luke learned at a incredible rate. You could argue his skill is at a greater rate thatn a average newly achieved jedi. He is like a savant for using the force. Like if you study math, you know how it takes time to learn all of it? Well you know how there is a small percentage of the population that can learn all of it and it just comes so naturally to them they can learn everything you know in a small amount of time and soon surpass you?
I think Luke would get him but he needs to be carefull if he gets cocky and wolverine sneaks in a attack he is unable to avoid it would only take one swipe of wolvies claws to take him down.
But its my own opinion that woudn't happen

who?-kid
Darth Vader was holding back, because he loved his son. And Vader was almost an old man.

I really think Luke has absolutely no chance against Wolverine. I think it's fair to say Wolverine has faced much more dangerous enemies than Luke Skywalker, and he's still alive and kicking.

Without his lightsaber, Luke has no chance of even hurting Wolverine. With his sword, Wolverine only has to dodge, and it's still not an established fact that the lightsaber can cut through adamantium. But Wolverine definitely would heal from a cut, but Skywalker won't when being sliced up by Wolverine.

Khellendros
The fact is, you swing a glowing humming beam of light at Wolverine like you would a sword, he's gonna get out of the way. Luke isn't exactly gonna have the chance to hack away at his adamantium.

Just to play devil's advocate, I thought of something for the SW knowledgable people. The Force can make Luke's strikes more accurate, right? Could it mkae a blow with a lightsaber accurate enough to slip between two vertebrae and sever Wolvie's spinal cord? Decapitation is one of the only surefire ways to take Wolverine out, so if Luke could pull that off, he has a chance.

srankmissingnin
Posting pictures is fun!

Some Wolverine feats!

Wolverine unfolds his arms, unsheathes his claws, cuts the gun barrels and re-sheathes claws and crosses his arms before anyone notices
http://photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/?action=view&current=6de756a3.jpg

Wolverine destroys two robots with his bare hands and catches his cigars before they begin to descend
http://photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/?action=view&current=5820550d.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/?action=view&current=951a0ee7.jpg

Wolverine throws a dumpster at Solo with one hand
http://photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/?action=view&current=8d742fc5.jpg

Kontraz
and in "escape to hoth" luke is able to fight off an enemy sith while holding up a temple of ruins.... strength isnt going to win this one, and wolvie's speed still isnt fast enough to dodge an onslaught from the most powerful jedi ever.

who?-kid

Kontraz
reflexes go to luke... (he can sense attacks before they happen), experience goes to logan.... fighting is about even... endurance... luke... healing factor.... logan... killing instincts... even....

and... lol, this fight wouldnt be too hard for luke. I forgot about force choke....

MornGlory
batman

who?-kid
You're kidding, right ? Reflexes even ? Killing instincts even ?? Endurance even ??? No way.

srankmissingnin
...As of the Fantastic Four/ X-men team up issue 2 Wolverine is (for all purposes) Mr Fantastic, with claws and a healing factor... wonder how long that will last.

EDIT: The mild precog of the Jedi gives them the apperance of hieghtened reflexes, it was said in Episode 1 by Qui Gon (or how ever you say his name).

Kontraz
okay, so its not actually reflexes, but for stat purposes it might as well be. and the rubbery wolvie.... i dont think that will last longer than the mini. My guess is that if they keep those new powers, it will mess with their x-genes, and they will die, so they will have to find a cure within the next 2 issues.

srankmissingnin
Well... considering Wolverine is also a mind controlled weapon of the Hand/Hydra right now also it is best not to worry about it. Marvel lacks anything that can be considered continuity.

Kontraz
lol. kinda like how spiderman is dealing with gwen's kids, fighting a new venom, and helping to form the new avengers all at this very moment...

srankmissingnin
Spider-man writers churn out horrible story lines faster then McDonalds can make a bad hamburger. Really; turning into a gaint spider and giving birth to your self... that the hell is up with that?! The only thing good about the arc with Gwen's kids was on one of the covers they looked like Snake-eyes.

dxp29
that blast door is made of triple layered adamantium

Digi
Stupid bump.

Luke tks him into orbit and lets him suffocate.

leonidas
unbreakable dome. sneer

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
unbreakable dome. sneer

Then he tks his limbs off at the joints and boils the flesh off his bones with his lightsaber.

no expression

LeonBuco666
Luke

ozz81
If saber can break thru adimanium then luke, if not wolverine..

Digi
Originally posted by ozz81
If saber can break thru adimanium then luke, if not wolverine..

You have no idea what you're talking about. This is about the only thing that doesn't matter at all in this fight.

LeonBuco666
Luke could manhandle logan with out even being close to him. Launch him 100s of miles
Logan has no hope against someone he physically cant touch.

Caps Conscience
You guys are ****ing nuts. Even if the lightsaber can cut adamantium Luke could just hold Logan up in the air and hit him with rock and shit until he passes out.

Wolvie doesn't get past the lightsaber though.

playa1258
Like how you guys are using SD.net Luke. Luke in ROTJ had to concentrate to lift C-3PO

Digi
Originally posted by playa1258
Like how you guys are using SD.net Luke. Luke in ROTJ had to concentrate to lift C-3PO

Don't you mean EU Luke? The hell is SD.net?

Anyway, we've never only used the movies.

Zack Fair
Luke throws Wolverine into another continent.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
Then he tks his limbs off at the joints and boils the flesh off his bones with his lightsaber.

no expression

geez......

h1a8
geez......

geez is based off of (or short for) Jesus. Did you know that? laughing out loud

Digi
geez......

That's how Skywalker roll.

no expression

Endless Mike
Just post-ROTJ Luke would probably lose.

Jedi Grandmaster Luke casually TK's Logan into orbit.

Bentley
Luke has too powerful TK for Logan.

Mindset
Wolverine cuts the force in half and punches Luke's face off.

playa1258
Well if the EU is included , Luke destroys him easily.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine cuts the force in half and punches Luke's face off.
Exactly. Wolverine is too skilled for this fool.

Ash_J_Williams
Episode IV Luke 10/10.

Mshinu
Episode VI Luke gets slaughtered, even by current Logan with less skill and healing.

The lightsabre probably can`t cut adamantium btw, there are substances in the expanded SW verse it can`t handle.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mshinu
Episode VI Luke gets slaughtered, even by current Logan with less skill and healing.

The lightsabre probably can`t cut adamantium btw, there are substances in the expanded SW verse it can`t handle. dunno battle precog via force and the ability to keep it at range indefinitely kind of puts a hamper of the Wolverine that said I don't think he can do anything to keep him down sans piling on enough crap it would take him so long to escape it constitutes as a win.

LeonBuco666
Luke can manhandle him fairly easy and not even have to be with him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.