Bond 21 Style, More Thrills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy

yerssot
well, lau, rumor has it that they Broccolis are indeed thinking of cutting down on the hightech again and returning to the base of Bond: making it a SPY movie and not an action one.

Though, I, myself, don't believe much of it, considering that on the DaD DVD the writers have said that the current tactic is to look at what frightens people in the world and if it keeps them awake (TND: media taking over power, DaD: errrr....genetherapy ?), so I believe the chances of him fighting terrorism are very high. You also gotta take into account that DaD brought a lot of money to them, so they will not go and chance the formula I'm afraid

lau_timmy
I just want to see Bond 21 going back to the roots of the series. "From Russia With Love" style , is without a doubt terrific news. A solid spy thriller with good and strong characters is what the series and the fans need!

yerssot
me too, FRWL was a great spy movie and nothing to do with the horrible CGI crap you had in DaD messed

Clovie
i don't understand sad

yerssot
that the plea is to go back to the classic bond instead of the flashy cgi crap

Clovie
oh.. that would be great happy

yerssot
I agree thumb up

Clovie
with me?

yerssot
that or the leprachaun on your schoulder

Clovie
since i don't know what lepachaun is....

yerssot
so I was agreeing with you stick out tongue

Kaleanae
It would be more like MacGyver and less Bond? messed

Clovie
how nice happy that doesn't happen to often sad

yerssot
he has to make something too? stick out tongue

Clovie
who? confused MacGyver?

yerssot
no, Bond

Kaleanae
It was a man in a TV series of the same name, he used to do something of whatever he found - - like a bomb from a clock - - stick out tongue

yerssot
don't thank me, thank the moon's gravity no expression

Clovie
i know him, but i don't follow cry

yerssot
don't think you'll see it since it's an old serie

Clovie
i know it..... sad

he reparied a car using some part of pen messed

yerssot
so you know it happy

Clovie
i've said i know it.
i jkust don't follow what does it to do with topic.

yerssot
then lets get back on topic eek!

Clovie
okay.

and he won't use that mashine guns eek!

yerssot
he should keep it with his gun only

Clovie
more dramatic.

yerssot
more personal too

Clovie
why?

yerssot
cause it's that extra touch

Clovie
i don't follow....
where is the touch.. he is holding the gun and shooting..

yerssot
it's from his old trusty gun

Clovie
beretta?

pr1983
glock?

yerssot
the Walther PPK... or Walther PP9

lau_timmy
The film should focus on character and plot rather than high-tech gadgets and visual effects, two issues that were most criticized in Die Another Day. Although the move towards more action and special effects in recent Bonds was in part due to a need to compete at the time with big budget spy films such as True Lies and Mission: Impossible that dominated the late 1990s box office. The success of The Bourne Identity has suggested the time is right for the Bond series to scale itself back as it did during the Roger Moore era with For Your Eyes Only.

yerssot
that's what was said around here earlier too: that the broccoli's wanted to return back to the spy-aspect with less gadgets while the moneymakers want to keep the cgi up

silver_tears
I really hope this one isn't such crap as DaD, there's only so much graphic work a movie can take, if they overload it with explosions and pyrotechnics, the whole story is lost..

I think they did that because DaD was such a shit story to start with erm
I hope this one goes back to the glory days of bond, when he didn't rely on automatic weapons, explosives and the americans to kick ass thumb up

yerssot
I think that you can use a lot of explosions and pyrotechnics... just as long as the CGI is good but that surfing thing he did on the ice; that was so fake it made me sick sad

I would so love it, if they would return to FRWL; like you think too (I think), a real spy movie where it's about suspence and not fighting
y'know, rumor has it the Broccolis want to do that big grin

silver_tears
But I can never see Bond as setting bombs and such around, I always picture him just relying on his hand gun stick out tongue

Who exactly are the Broccolis? confused

yerssot
well, he does set bombs in the pre-title sequence of goldeneye wink but yeah, he should be all alone and work his way through it all with just his Walther and his wit, that's the way to go with it!

Barbara Broccoli and Wilson (I believe that's his name) they are the executive producers of the franchise and their father Albert 'Cubby' Brocoli had obtain very special rights on Bond so that they have the absolute power over the character and can deceide everything. He passed it to Barbara and his adopted son (that Wilson, if htat's his name)

silver_tears
When did this Broccoli thing happen? confused

yerssot
errr... he was there already from the start messed

silver_tears
Yea, but have they had the permission to change it all for every movie ever made so far? or just recent ones?

yerssot
nono, they don't need to have permission, they are the ones that say what will happen and what will not. Everything has to pass through them and before it was those two it was their dad, the Broccolis own Bond, been like that in every movie and will be that forever

silver_tears
Did the father die long ago?

yerssot
err.... 1996; but he didn't do Goldeneye in 1995

silver_tears
And it keeps getting crappier and crappier, I think all they're interested in is the money sneaky2

yerssot
"It's all 'bout the money.
It's all 'bout the dumdumdudididum" no expression

well, apperently they don't pay the actor who plays bond much, so perhaps it's not that big on money?

silver_tears
I meant the producers and writers stick out tongue

yerssot
but I don't think they get much, considering they get money from the movies, games, books, ...

without them it won't exist so I think they konw it well enough to not overdo it messed

silver_tears
Hello?!?! Have you seen DaD stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, it was a mistake! I swear! I didn't mean to cry

silver_tears
Who's the smart one now smart

yerssot
I would never have claimed to be smart, compared to you cry

silver_tears
You're older than me by like 3 years stick out tongue

yerssot
what does that got to do with anything? stick out tongue

silver_tears
Hence making you smarter by logic stick out tongue

yerssot
nice theory, but wrong testingbunny stick out tongue

silver_tears
shame on you no

yerssot
*hangs head in shame*

*lets bunnytesting ears hang too*

silver_tears
*steals ears* ninja

yerssot
with what will they get replaced now? eek!

silver_tears
I dunno eek! kitty ears?

yerssot
I prefer something more ... dangerous ... more ...thrilling, to use an ontopic word... like a lion?

silver_tears
A lion's always hot yes

yerssot
well, hear me roar then eek!

silver_tears
Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my! eek!

yerssot
three? that's a lot you ask eek!

silver_tears
It's a wizard of oz quote stick out tongue

yerssot
I... knew that shifty
so, you watched that cartoon? stick out tongue

silver_tears
I love it embarrasment

yerssot
you have it on VHS, DVD, DVD Extended Editon & DVD Special Edition? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.