the big SAGA continuity question:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
Will there be episodes 7,8, and 9?
Must of us know George Lucas has said there wont.

now i just finished watching the clone war trailer for the 40th time and i read THE SAGA CONTINUES at the end.
i remember the moto for episode I was THE SAGA BEGINS.

will George Lucas tell us in 2 years in a episode III trailer with big fat letters : THE SAGA ENDS?

me, personally, dont believe the saga will ever end, maybe it will but only filmwise.

peluffo
I really hope that if Lucas wont do the last 3 episodes of his original idea, at least at the end of ep3 he chooses to name a "heir" to continue his labor.

LanceWindu
GL will put 'THE SAGA CONTINUES' again it's just that with TPM he had to make sure everyone knew it was the beginning chapter of a new trilogy.

yerssot
yeah, the saga continues because after EpIII you have ANH

The Comeback of the Sith?

Ushgarak
Good Lord no...

yerssot
ok... the playback of the sith?

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) keep trying

yerssot
it's going to be like a Flash Gordon title...

Julie
I'm not sure what that means b/c I never saw Flash Gordon

yerssot
old series from , what? the 60's?

Julie
I think so......wasn't it a comic?

yerssot
not sure, it's possible

Ushgarak
Yes it was, and Flash Gordon far predates the 60s.

DarthKris
well, what do u want to show the fans after rotj?
luke and mara?
han and leia?
I really don't know if I'll watch that.
my "hero" is vader aka anakin, I'm not particulary interested in the rest, although leia is really cool sometimes.
watching her becoming a jedi might be interesting, but carrie fischer is too old for that role now.
what I'd love to see is a speech between ol'anakin and his children.

yerssot
like said, it's never going to happen

He-Man
Maybe we'll have a new Ewok story. Well I hope not, but since Star Wars is so obioustly pointed for kids now, I think it's possible.

Ushgarak
If George Lucas DOES do episodes 7, 8 and 9 he wuld have to write brand new plots for them; the original plot ideas they were working on back in the early 80s don't really apply any more.

yerssot
a new Ewok movie? Not fair! I haven't even seen the other ones!

BTW: are those movies cannon?

Ushgarak
No.

yerssot
but aren't they made by GL and directed by him?

Ushgarak
Even if they are, so what?

yerssot
that would make them star wars movies, making them cannon I thought...

Ushgarak
Will you stop putting two 'n's in canon!

And no, because they aren't designed to be part of the Star Wars story.

yerssot
okok, I'll talk about things being turret then, don't get angry djee!

sand person no. 10
what were the plots? i'm intrigued.

He-Man
Hey!!!
Ewok movies are part of Star Wars, sort of. There's even Wicket in the movies. And then there's this guy who has the same costume as rebel alliance pilots have. It said on starwars.com that the Wicket is the same guy in the Ewoks as he is in SW.

He-Man
And yes they are made by George. And there's even John Williams' music.

Gundark
George has already said he won't be doing 7-8-9. He has some other projects he wants to work on after ep3.

And AFAIK, GL, Spielberg and Ford are still discussing Raiders 4.

He-Man
Mmmm... If I was George I would stop making movies after Episode 3, and have fun with my money.

Gundark
I'm sure George has all the fun he can stand.

His kids are the ones having all the fun.

Ushgarak
Right, ok, the original outlines for episodes 7, 8 and 9 (according to Gary Kurtz) basically involved the story NOT being ended in ROTJ (though it would have been left at some closing point; it just wouldn;t have ended with the fall of the Empire).

Luke's sister (who was not Leia) would have turned up in the sequel trilogy, and the Emperor would have been saved until number nine.

All massively irrelevant now.

Gundark
True. We'll just have to rely on Ush's imagination.

yerssot
*starts to panic*
NOOOOO!!

Gundark
Why ? It was in excellent condition the last time I looked in there.

Ushgarak
Thankyou, dear...

The original outlines for the prequel stories were quite different as well, with Anakin not in episode one.

yerssot
Queeq would freeq now

peluffo
Ush, please, where I can find that material? Did you have it? can you send it to me on my e-mail?

THNX

Ushgarak
Slightly roundabout URLs, but never mind...

http://scifi.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi%3FstoryID=2624

http://scifi.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.filmthreat.com/Interviews.asp%3FFile=InterviewsOne.inc%26amp%3BId=8

They should help you.

DarthKris
well, what does interest the fans?
I wanted to see anakin.
what else should ep1 be about then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.