Straw Dogs <spoilers>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
What was all the controversy about? In the first half nothing happened except for a dead cat and a weird message on the blackboard. And why in the second half was Hoffman so precious fond of the pervert.

Incidentally, did you know that Susan George threatened to resign unless the camera angle of her being raped was reduced in scope? stick out tongue

Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea I never heard or seened this movie.When did it come out?JM

Deathblow
You have to remember that this movie was released in 1971. Back then, censorship was much harsher, think of all those movies from that time that were banned. Also the gang rape scene would've seemed very extreme to people 30 years ago. Modern cinema has grown up since then, and we have had lots of rape scenes so I guess we're hardened towards that kind of thing nowadays.

I wasn't really disturbed by this movie for two reasons; I adore Dustin Hoffman, and A Clockwork Orange (which was incidentally released a month before Straw Dogs) completely horrified me. Straw Dogs seemed a little tame in comparison, it's not as well done.

T.M
the fact that it was released in 1971 is the only reason i can find for the controversy. i watched this a few months ago and i was bored out of my mind. i wouldn't even give it a 15 rating.. and was it me or did it look like she was really enjoying the rape at the start anyway no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.