destroyer vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
remember destroyer? he was made from metal stronger than adamantium...(which makes me think adaman. can be broken...if not how could it be not as strong?)
destroyer with odinsword and thors counciousness(long story)
vs the whole JLA

if im lame fer this...i have an excuse ! IM STONED!!

Mainstream
The Destroyer? He was like a suit of Armor that kicked ass right?

K3VIL
Destroyer's power depends from what spirit is empowering it doesn't it?
I mean, if the ebsence of Odin or Thanos is put into Destroyer's armor, it means real troubles.Anyway it depends on which JLA formation you put against him.The one that Doomsday wipe the floor with when he awake on the Earth would be toast.Some of JLA members that fought against Mageddon would be able to stop him:
I pull out

Orion
Superman
GL(Kyle Rainer)
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Flash
Warrior(Guy Gardner)
Barda

Mainstream
The Destroyers sounds pretty tough...you think Superman and Wonderwoman could stop him alone...or would it take more?

K3VIL
Forgetting Orion, he's stronger than Kalibak and Darkseid too, he's hella durable too, he's the strongest meta, stronger than Supes, yes he cannot fly, not heat vision, no super breath and hyper senses, but damn, he's a war machine.

Tron
And he would still have hell dealing with the Destroyer, cause strength alone ain't gonna help him none. The only way to really beat it is to remove the spirit animating the Destroyer, or be as powerful as a Celestial, who the Destroyer was made to fight. It's more than just a walking armor, it's capable of nearly limitless strength, levetation, can fire different types of energy, can alter matter, and can fire a disintegrator beam from it's visor. This thing's given Hulk and Thor hell, and neither have beat the thing head to head yet. Thor has, but he had to trick it into releasing the lifeforce inside of it at the time. The Celestials have to, with ease I might add, but I don't see any JLA member being close to a Celestial's power. There are others on this forum that can say why the Destroyer would give the JLA hell a lot better than I can, but what I know, they won't beat Destroyer without lmping away, especially with Thor's consience and the Odinsword.

Mainstream, no I don't see either Superman or Wonder Woman beating Destroyer on their own, not hand-to-hand or without knowing anything about it.

And long pig, adamantium is the strongest metal made by man, the metal used to make the Destroyer were made by the Asgardian GODS, you do the math. And true adamantium has yet to be broken, a fully powered shot from Thor's hammer could only dent it.

KillAll
i dont think uru is a metal, and if it is, its not all that durable. its the enchantments that make it durable (like juggernaut). not the actual material.

long pig
i dont think ya really realize destroyers powers..he has a beam that reaches the heat of the sun..another beam that can destroy any known substance even adamantium or uru..he cannot be taken apart...he can turn any solid matter into liquid or vise versa....doesnt matter who is in the JLA...they would end up being JLA soup.

Krissy Von Doom
Thor's hammer, which is made or uru, has been smashed, does that mean adamantium tougher than that asgardian metal?

I don't think any member of the JLA has enough power to damage the Destroyer. On the other hand, the Destroyer would kill any JLAer with one visor blast. Although I must say that just because it was created to fight the Celestials doesn't mean you have to have Celestial power in order to defeat it, because, well the Celestials are numerous levels more powerful than the Destroyer.

Tron
I thought it was made from a metal stronger than uru regardless.

LexCorp
Tron beat me, yes adamantium is unbreakable man made metal. Marvel will not move from that too much, if like destroyers its because of magic, take away magic take away durabililty. I always thought they should make wolvies claws enchanted somehow and move past adamantium anyway, all writers just make loopholes for it now.

whobdamandog
Yeah actually it is..or at least the enchantments on the metal make it stronger than Uru..admantium probably wouldn't be able to break it...

The JLA would definately have a battle on their hands...but together they could probably come up with enough resources to defeat the destroyer.

Tron
Naw, he's fine as is. Make him enchanted, then that only makes his jobber aura higher, thus making him less of what he already is, and what makes him interesting. He'd be a more hated character as well, just above Batman in the "Godly man beating things he shouldn't" category.

lightaxe
I dont see anyone hurting teh Destroyer in teh JLA. So i guess by default Destroyer would win.

Tron
Well, I think JLA is cunning enough to just possibly pull a win, but not before getting their asses handded to them first.

GODSCRIBE
Destroyer....

Ex11B
Destroyer puts a serious hurting on JLA.

TheKahn
I just don't see the JLA beating the Destroyer

spideycarnage
JLA gets stomped out

Mindship
The Destroyer is able to shoot bolts of limitless force; this is how it once cut Mjolner in half. It can control any form of energy or matter. I don't think the JLA can simply outright destroy it, though they might be able to temporarily overpower it. Aside from exorcising its life-force, their best bet to defeat it is either contain the Destroyer, or get rid of it. Either approach will require brains as much as brawn.

This is a greater challenge than Doomsday.

Mider
have wonder women tie him up and then have her protect everyone with her force field then have the others fling it into the farthest part of space.

Silent Master
And then it teleports back

CaptainStoic
Yep it will teleport back, then the Destroyer will beat the hell out of Wonder Woman and tie her up with her own lasso. From what I read the Destroyer is stronger than both Adamantium, and Uru, making it capable of destroying both. I don't see the Justice League stopping it by physical force, they would have to overcome it with magic, or by sending it to the end of time.

the Darkone
If you have someone like Loki/Odin/Thor controlling the Destroyer, the JLA are dead as hell. Destroyer doesn't feel any pain what's so ever, so brute force goes out the door, speed none issue it can track beings flying at hyper-speed etc. Only way of stopping the destroyer is to remove the host or find the host body and break the link between the host and the Destroyer armor. Asgardian Destroyer will literally beat the sh** out of superman, wonder woman, martian manhunter, aquaman, orion, captain marvel, power girl, big barda, etc, it has more fire power than the green lanterns. If you really look at it the destroyer is the perfect weapon, it keeps going and going it will fight until the end of time. Destroyer 10/10

CaptainStoic
No doubt... you could even throw in Maxima for extra muscle and they would still lose.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Mider
have wonder women tie him up and then have her protect everyone with her force field then have the others fling it into the farthest part of space.

It teleports back and turns her into dust with it's desintegrator beam for presumptuous hubris.

KillAll
i dont think the destroyer CAN teleport. which is why when it was animated in thor vol. 2, he was so angry when thor came to ask for help. he couldnt get off the desalate place he was banished to...

Silent Master
I believe it was shown teleporting when it was chasing IIRC Balder and Sif who were using the norn stones

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by Mider

if animated by all the gods at once, The destroyer is 2000 feet tall. Dont uh think wonderwoman can tie him up, much less fling him into space . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.