Jesus' teachings that benefit society

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
I contend that the christian faith is a huge benefit to society when practiced according to jesus christ.
Here are just a few of the positive things that benefit society when practiced that were taught by jesus

1 that you should give to the poor. He spoke of this many times and also told a wealthy man to sell his possessions and give to the poor. Imagine how many mouths would be fed if Bill Gates did this.

2those that live by the sword die by the sword. This is speaking against violence heavily. Imagine if america, that has such a high crime rate of violence, If people followed this.

3Turn the otehr cheeck. Jesus teaches for the utmost amount of peace and patience of your enemys.

4. Let those that have not sinned cast the first stone. This is speaking heavily against judging and hating others that is a huge root to disharmony.

Now these are only 4. Imagine how differently the world would look if people followed just these four things. Christianity when practiced correctly is a huge blessing on the whole world and should be embraced when its in its truest form.

I am sure someone could add more reasons to this posting.
But I am sure not everyone will be happy with this post, but please just remember this is a religeon post and this faith is a religeon. So it meets the guidelines of the postings.
Thank you big grin

Darth Revan
True, but none of those are taught only by Christianity. In fact you must donate 2% of whatever you have, yearly, to the poor if you are Islamic.

moviejunkie23
I am not being critical of islam. In fact i think that is rather cool fact you bring up about them i have never heard that before.
big grin

Darth Revan
Not saying you are, I agree with you, just mentioning that Christianity isn't the only religion that teaches these things. thumb up

moviejunkie23
yes that is very valid to point out.
I have just come across allot of people in posts that tend to put a bad light on christianity as if it stands for hatred and ignorance. I just wanted to make a post that would state a few reasons the christian religeon is good.
Thanks for your post also you did good to point out that positive things can come from other faiths as well.
and hey that moving maynard thing below your sig, is that a tool reference??

Darth Revan
Yep... Just something I came up with when I was bored one day stick out tongue

moviejunkie23
i am actually listening to tool as we speak stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
You like Tool? Awesome thumb up

Captain REX
And I still haven't gotten into them.

moviejunkie23
yea tool is one of my all time fav bands.
I love all their stuff from opiate up to lateralus(or however its spelled)
From what i hear they are working on a new record as well. I can't wait for it!!!! I have been wanting new tool music for a long time now.
I like they have a interesting original feel and even when they are darker there is a interesting spiritual side to allot of their music.

finti
doesnt work, follow that rule and you are run over

moviejunkie23
jesus fallowed that. He prayed forgive them father for they no not what they do when he was being killed. Jesus according to my faith also overcame death after this three days later and ascended into heaven. Thats not being run over

finti
to let people walk all over you is to be run over, so what if they target your kids after you turned the other cheeck you just gonna be a bystander then too

Tptmanno1
Accually all the things you posted are basic morals and are present in pretty much every religion.

moviejunkie23
um maybe you need to read the the post from the start tptmanno.
we have already touched on that.
re read thank you
actually to save you the confusion i will just post my answer to that issue that was talked about before.
...............................................................................................
yes that is very valid to point out.
I have just come across allot of people in posts that tend to put a bad light on christianity as if it stands for hatred and ignorance. I just wanted to make a post that would state a few reasons the christian religeon is good.
Thanks for your post also you did good to point out that positive things can come from other faiths as well.
...............................................................................................
Fnti this does not state to let your children come to harm. The point to this scpripture is making a statement you should not seek revenge for those that persecute you. You should love your enemy.
Finti- when christianity is practiced according to jesus is it harmfull or a benefit to society? So when people give from their riches to the poor, refrain from being violent, and treat their neighbor as yourself is this harmful or a benefit to society.
Its not a very hard question. I hope you don't find it tempting to twist around in some obscure argument.

finti
and impossible task even for the christians who claim to say different, get a kin slayed and then come back to me and talk about loving your enemy

moviejunkie23
there is actually a missionary that was killed by some primitive tribes people and his wife continued to minister to them and loved them and many of them became christian. I saw pictures of her with some of the tribes people and they were smiling and friendly.
Love can do allot for people and forgiveness evenb when seems impossible to people is possible when walking in faith. It changed the tribes peopel around, what more of a testiment to someone is then after killing their spouse they still love you pray for you and risk their lives to try to reach you. They got the message. Thats what christian love is in its highest form and it changes people in great ways.
I would still appreciate if you would answer the question from before finti

Finti- when christianity is practiced according to jesus is it harmfull or a benefit to society? So when people give from their riches to the poor, refrain from being violent, and treat their neighbor as yourself is this harmful or a benefit to society.
Its not a very hard question. I hope you don't find it tempting to twist around in some obscure argument.
(or ignore the question as you did in your last post
laughing )

finti
you obviosly never met my neighbour no I ma dead serious, have you have one of your kins killed?..... I have, so tell me to love the perpetrators.............. no way. I am a Norwegian a Norseman, viking blood runs trough my veins and our way is to get even

MC John 117
I'm a Pagan, and I give 20% of MY expenses to the poor....just too many damned people livin' on the street(s), we all should help them, no matter what our religions are, man.....

BackFire
Yeah, and look what happened to him. He got crucified and tortured

MC John 117
BURN!
No, that sucks man....reminds me of some other people...
Ahem....

finti
great album, great album Deep Purple 1974!!!

MC John 117
laughing out loud
Deep Purple.........stick out tongue

Afro Cheese
Sorry to hear about that man.

moviejunkie23
Yeah, and look what happened to him. He got crucified and tortured(backfire)
Yea and he did that out of love. He also did that with you and everyone else in mind. He knew people would scoff about him as you do, he talked about it in the scripture. But even those who curse him he loved unto being ortured in a grueling manor. He was a true representation of peace and love even to his death.
Its not about i am right and you are wrong. Its about my beliefs promote love piece and tolerance. There is nothing harmfull about christianity when it is practiced according to the teachings of jesus.
How many ways do i have to paint a picture before you start to see the colors man?

I am so sorry to hear about a family memeber Finti sad

BackFire
Uh huh, point is that you can't always turn the other cheek. Like Finti said, you do that and you'll get run over.

Somethings you have to fight against and you can't simply ignore.

Afro Cheese
Yeah sometimes by turning the other cheek you're making yourself more prone to become a victim.

frodo34x
It took him 3 days to respawn? You would have thought the son of God would have good bandwidth.

frodo34x
But then they are donating by doctrine, and not to help the poor. Am I contradicting myself a bit here?

42Bardock
well its not that different from your belief, you should spent for the poor to get into heave also no unselfishness. Oh and by the way, didn'T this nice guy Jesus curse a tree and killed a lot of pigs? And really this are a lot of general belifs that Jesus promoted, not worse because of that but surely not too special either.

Cinemaddiction
You can't speak on behalf of someone whom you have no clue as to their level of resolve or strength of faith. Christians are tought to love their enemy, because their (enemies) ultimate fate will be decided by God, if said person believe in him or not, that's what we're taught to believe.

Violence begets violence. Apparently, in your religion or lack there of, it's your will to decide peoples fate, and that doesn't hold true for everyone, of course.

He was also resurrected and had eternal life in a place FAR better than Earth.

moviejunkie23
Uh huh, point is that you can't always turn the other cheek. Like Finti said, you do that and you'll get run over.

Somethings you have to fight against and you can't simply ignore.
...................................................................................................
great backfire i am glad you have your own ideas about life. I respect that, why can't you respect mine?

42Bardock
We are respecting them, we just think they are wrong

Afro Cheese
Well if you make a thread that said "jesus's teachings that benefit society" and then you list teachings you believe benefit society and somebody questions one of them, are they not respecting your beliefs or are they voicing their opinion on the topic of the thread? I'd say it's the latter.

finti
yeah I would like to see the person who doesnt attempt to defend oneself or their kids let alone one who got someone dear to them killed and still loving the perpetrator.

I hold no religion, and and eye for an eye is kind of biblical

what you are thaught and how you react are two totaly different things

eleveninches
Although i am totally athiest, and dont believe that jesus the carpenter was divine at all, a lot of the messages and teachings that he gave to people were good teachings, and are relevent today just as they were relevent then (to forgive one another, to love your neighbour as you love yourself, to live in peace, etc..)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.