ok here are some of my philosophys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Funkmaster BE
fisrt off at night i cant sleep so i stay awake ponderig some very strange thing about earth so here are some of my thoughts. first if you were able to go in a plane or other flying object as fast as the earth spins( 24,902 mi/40,076 km in 24 hours so thats about 1,037.5mph/1669.8kph pluss you would need to go faster depending on how high you were to keep up with the earth) and if you traviled in the same direction the earth spins would you literally float in mid air?? second if you got a plane that was really fast and traveled the opposite derrection of the earth and crossed the line that starts the new day( i forgot the name its around england or at least it passes through it ) and kept going around again and again hit the line that starts the new day what would happen would you go back or would stay in the same day. those are my two main ideas and i know its almost impossible to fly around the world 2 or 3 times with out refeuling and its almost impossible to fly 1037.5 well i guess the fastest plane goes 7000mph so it could be done i guess but any way what do you think. oh and by the way im only 15in case you were wondering whoall this smartness was comming from. just kidding but i am only 15. so respond i guess.

sory if there are any spelling mistakes.

Funkmaster BE
any body got any say on my ideas just say them if there good thats ok if not thats ok too

Storm
Ah, the time dilemma again.

Fire
About the airplane thingy, I dunno exactly how it works in the earths atmosphere but outside of it. That's the thing they use to keep stationairy statelites in the right position.

Ytaker
I think the new day is around Australia (called the international date line). If you rowed over it in a dingy, you'd be in one day, if you rowed back over it, and over it again, you'd be in the new day again. There's a line, and on one side of it, you're in the new day, the other the old.

One movement of the oars, and you move 24 hours backwards or forwards.

Darth Revan
About the airplane... No, you wouldn't hover in mid-air, because the atmosphere spins at the same speed as the big rock itself. If it didn't, there would be 1000 mph winds at the equator...

Btw, this is more science than philosophy erm

NicktheBassist
ok, my advice: get sleeping pills because if you continue all this "pondering", your probably gonna hurt youself

Jackie Malfoy
I argee!JM Happy Dance

Imaginary
The International Date line is between New Zealand and the continent of America, somewhere through the Pacific Ocean.

dave123
you can't change time by going in the opposite direction the Earth stick out tongue

and no, you wouldn't float.... gravity would still pull you toward Earth

FeceMan
Here's my philosophy, you pus-oozing wound on the English language:

1. "As Rome fell, so shall we." The U.S. isn't going to make it much further in life.
2. If the U.S. does survive, we'll end up in a society like that in Brave New World.

Optimism at its finest.

Learn how to use paragraphs.

Philosophicus
FunkMasterBE, your question has got nothing at all to do with philosophy - it's pure physics.

debbiejo
I think your plane idea is a good ponder. I do know that the further out you travel into space that time slows down.

KharmaDog
Apparently we need a physics board too. stick out tongue

FeceMan
^ Ouch.

MyCH3MICALchaos
Hi my name's Kara.I'm new to all of this.And i just thought i would tell everyone that life isnt about "why me?" Life is all about "try me" An i know you're probably thinking that im just tired and rambling but im not.Last year i was diagnosed with double pneomonia,and i am still sick.
Last year about this time the doctors said that it would be a miracle for me to live longer than 3 months.Well guess what?! in their faces! i am sick but not as sick as i was last year...and i am getting better.the thing is instead of looking at things like "why me?" my reaction was "come on, try me.i dare you." that's how everyone should look at life it really helps...bye bye. big grin

argen angel
here everybody i got your awnser here it is:

when an object travel faster than 12kps(43200kpm) then it can escape earths gravity. And About the staying stationary thing , would you be still relative to what?

i mean if you where saying just regulaer motion (relative to space-time) then no you would "float" cause the whole galaxt is moving and the solar system is moving but if you meant releative to something in our local area like mars then yes you would "float"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.