James Earl Jones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wanibo
Rumor has JEG not doing Vader. Haven't seen anything here, anyone know?

brendy
mad WHAT???????????

The Ones
thats not true. JEJ even confirmed he was doing it back in 2004.

bILLYgOAT
where did you see/hear this rumor?

wanibo
On star wars site, no longer listed under cast and crew. Was there orginally.

bILLYgOAT
mMmMmMmMmMm

no JEJ for the voice
no bulky body for the suit
Vader just wont be the same.

hopefully GL isn't that foolish.
I'll wait & see

thx for the heads up Wanibo smile

Red Superfly
When you say rumour, you mean "The voices in my head"?

jengafett
its JEJ, go to every site around and he'll be credited. He's not on the OS cuz that isn't updated in ages.

bILLYgOAT
do you hear voices Red?

jedijunky1138
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313425&highlight=james+earl+jones
This has been discussed in lots of other threads. I'm Quite sure JEJ will be the voice of Vader.

darktim1
I remember that he said that he would be doing five minutes of speaking as Darth Vader don't know if it is that much for now may force be with you.

bILLYgOAT
GL will edit that down to 10 secs unfortunately sad

GCG
i tough that 5 minutes were attributed to DV screen time not to punch lines ONLY

Darth_Decimator
did JEJ do vaders new lines for ESB DVD ? i read in an aussie dvd mag that he did vaders ROTS lines when he did vaders new ESB lines , this mag was pretty (not 100%) darn accurate in its descriptions for the changes to the dvds and it came out just after the dvd release was announced which was way before the changes to them were announced

dmndleader
You would at least think that he did the voice then, but according to rumors here at KMC, as of like two months ago he didn't.

sithsaber408
Sorry to bump an old thread, but It got me a little concerned when I read this a few days ago.

The OS doesn't have JEJ listed under cast & crew.

They do have an interesting article about the JEJ darth vader toy to be released at Celebration III, which he recorded new darth dialouge for.

You can even listen to it.

However,.....

they have the little block of "popular topics" for the non spoiler forums which suggests that he wont do it.

I seem to remember them posting stuff in there before, like things that would come out in the trailer, or if yoda would fight, before they were announced, almost like a testbed.

Anybody know what Im talkin about, or heard anything new confused

Mempho76
Consider him signed, sealed, delivered.

Play the audio.

New Lines for Vader

Mempho76
Doesn't confirm..but if he recorded dialogue for a toy, you would think he recorded lines for ROTS.

Torik_Shai
Exactly what I was thinking Mempho76.

guiro72
the rumour sounds to me like he was going to do it (or did it), and then they changed their mind (maybe wanted to make him sound younger to tie in with hayden's voice more or something - so he ages into JEJ's voice in anh).....don't know what to believe though....i'm waiting this one out.....

Creechuur
Its been confirmed that he hasn't been called in to do his dialog yet, and I think a lot of folks are mistaking that for him not doing it at all.

Concerning the OT, there was an extra line at the end of RotJ when Vader returns to the Death Star. That line was most definitely NOT JEJ, it totally sounded bad.

lincoln86323
Theres a link on the official site about the Celebration 3 action figure and it says that JEJ did exclusive audio for the figure to enhance the experience of Revenge of the Sith. So its kinda confrimation that JEJ is in Ep3.

sorry but it doesn't let me post a link to it. Its under collecting on the official site

leowyatt
james will do the voice go to starwars.com

ARC Trooper 117
I...don't remember hearing this.... confused

leowyatt
i got this from starwars.com How many lines will James Earl Jones have?

Number of lines, I don't know. No more than five minutes or so, though.

Darth_Decimator
hey Creechuur wasnt it ESB ?? "alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival"

Darth_Decimator
also according to george lucas JEJ will NOT be reprsing his role in ROTS. dont believe me then head on over to supershadow.com and find out all about it evil face evil face mwahahahahahahaha

leowyatt
i'd rather get my source from the offical website

leowyatt
i red the interview with lucas there was no mention JEJ repriseing his role
but i did get this James Earl Jones talks about his role being about 5 minutes in length, "right after Anakin goes bionic and falls into a volcano." - JEJ

Torik_Shai
No, that line was in the originals. I think the new line is during the Emperor scene in ESB.

Emperor: "I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker."
Vader's New Line: "How is that possible?"

Anywho, that line sounds like JEJ to me.

bilbofett
JEJ will reprise his role. Pabs has said that while there will be no more cast updates, other deal memos have yet to be signed (read voices for GG & JEJ)......

Darth_Decimator
i was actually kidding about the whole ss thing hence the evil smileys and the mwahaha .... anywyaz

Torik_Shai the line in the original was plainly "bring my shuttle" for the 97 special edition it was changed to what i said earlier big grin

bilbofett
Hey! There shall be no mention of SS (he who shall not be named) here!!! That is considered high treason! (jk) laughing

Darth_Decimator
but he is the master of all things star wars and is close personal friends with george lucas ...... unless i have been decieved in some way shape or form *goes home to rethink his life*

leowyatt
are talking about voldemort smile

cal31
Why is this thread even open still? There already is a thread on James Earl Jones doing Vader's voice.

smoker4
alien

cal31
Here's the link :http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313425&highlight=Vader+voice

Jedi Priestess
Asked for a closing. smile

Paola
use link provided by cal31

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.