Emperors make up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucas Sucks!
I dont know how much they can screw up things. I cant believe they made the emperor look so bad! in ROTJ the make up was perfect and it was the same actor! he looked decrepit and really suck out by the dark side, now that the actor is really old theyh come up with this. It looks terribly fake, Im hoping that theres a reason for him to changre from palpatine to that thing. I really hope that they dont morph it up with a transformation or anything... well i can expect anything.... theyre going to put him fight with Yoda... Jesus Crhist, how ridiculous, now the emperor has a light saber.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
uhhhhh....the Emperor looked really cool

jedijunky1138
Dude, if you were a real SW fan you wouldn't have even posted this crap much less have your forum name as LUCAS SUCKS. I think you are just trying to piss people off. Why? If you don't like it don't watch it!

westminster87
I agree as well, the make up, form what i have seen, looks terrible in respect to continuity. If we had not already seen the emperor in ROTJ, then i would not be complaining. But because i have and i liked the look, i am rather disapointed in how he looks for episode 3, i am really hoping that there is a REALLY GOOD explanation for his new look. I was first concerned when i saw the ESB on dvd. As soon as i saw the edited scene (when we see the emperor is now the proper actor) i was like, wtf wuts with his make up. Then i started seeing all the new completed shots circulating on the net. All i can say is that im a lil concerned...

J.M FcThumbs-Up
We'll see what the whole thing Episode3 will become.
I'm not that bothered by Palps horrible appearance(it should be far more horrible)...It's rather cool to see what happens.
Would be much better to keep whining about Episode1, where did they dig up that Jarjar-figure...that's pathetic!!!!
Useless thread, no offense.

Yoda; Do you critize me by my size, Palps!
And ware you shoul not...for my ally is the force and a powerfull ally it is!

tlbauerle
It looks like bantha poodoo.

jedijunky1138
Look this film happens to be set twenty some odd years before ROTJ. Why couldn't his appearance just gotten worse over the years? All of the basic facial features are there he just looks older in ROTJ.

westminster87
your right, i think its just a matter that some ppl really were thrown off by a different appearance, im not complaining, just making an observation. Trust me, i couldnt be more pleased that we GET to see his face lol

"Your over confidence is your weakness"
"your faith in your friends is yours!"

ROCK ON!

Jedi-Knight 8k2
this because the new shots are of sidious BEFORE he gets screwd by yoda

darktim1
Can't wait to hear his voice as the emperior from return of jedi him and yoda should have an intense battle scene.

Gangularis
but it didn't get worse over 20 years, because you see him looking all rubber faced in ESB now.

btw, it is complete bullshit for you to pull the "you're not a true star wars fan" line.

Boris
I agree he looks pretty crap but its what 22 years since rotj so he is gonna look a bit different

bILLYgOAT
errrrrrrrr

point of reference KMC fans
check out LUCAS SUCKS post history
either he is a sad c*nt lookin for attention or a
bum with time on his hands
YOU BE THE JUDGE

I vote for the attention seeking c*nt TBH

Lucas Sucks can I ask u a question?
are you hangin out at the mens toilets or the school gates?

let us know mate

best regards
goat

Darth Subjekt
Look ***, if you think you can create and carry out better ideas for the greatest movie of all time, then why arent you employeed by LFL? Ill tell you why....because you're a sorry, talentless peice of monkey shit, that has nothing better to do than critique what other people do, from mommy and step-daddy's basement. You and anyone else that thinks they can do better, go get jobs there and DO IT! If not, STFU and settle for what youre given. Youre the only person ive heard say he looks like crap. So i guess youre out numbered tool.

MC John 117
Hey, (two guys that posted before me), watch out, keep calling people c*nts and assholes and whatever and you'll probably get banned.

Gangularis
yeah, totally outta line. i do think i could've directed whoever did sidious up to do it closer to rotj, because they obviously were not paying attention!!

the fact that i'm not in a position in life to fix it myself does not discount me from looking with my own eyes at the original sidious and then compare it, once again with my own eyes, to the new sidious makeup and say that they ****ed it up. if i was literally blind or somehow heavily visually impaired, then i might not be in a position to judge, but i am not. so get a clue kiddies. just because you'll stand for whatever poor misjudments lucas makes with regards to matching the prequals to the original trilogy does NOT make you true fans. I've been watching these movies since before you were in diapers.

Vympel
Jeezus. Irrespective of what "Lucas sucks" objective was in posting, he's quite correct, the Emperor really does look like crap compared to ROTJ. His TESB DVD visage is the same as that in Episode III, so no, aging is not a good argument. Simple fact is they stuffed up the makeup. Badly. Unfortunate ...

amity75
I can't believe people are criticising the emperors look. Lucas must sit and wonder why he bothers to make the films when so many people nitpick at the smallest things. Just go and enjoy the movie and put these small things to the back of your minds.

Arsenal
I agree.

Red Superfly
Wow, hostile much?

OK, for a start, I seriously cannot believe someone has ALREADY suggested that Yoda will make him look worse as the movie goes on. It is getting really annoying. I can't wait till the movie comes out and we DON'T see Yoda throw acid in Palpatines face, or scar him, or burn him, or whatever (Do these people even know anything about Yodas character at all?). IT WON'T HAPPEN.

That is what the Emperor will look like, deal with it.

Look how much people can age in twenty odd years. I know twenty years ago, I was a baby. I know twenty years ago, my grandad had hair. Twenty years ago, Palpatine looks like that.

It would make sense for him to have some youthfulness to him. He is human after all, so he MUST age.

If Palpatine looked like ROTJ Palps, thne I bet the same people would complain and say "Wtf? Hes supposed to look younger - he would look like a skeleton in ROTJ"

.:Space Opera:.
"Dude, if you were a real SW fan you wouldn't have even posted this crap much less have your forum name as LUCAS SUCKS. I think you are just trying to piss people off. "

DUDE, not all SW fans think alike! if that were the case then there'd be no forums!

amity75
All the signs are pointing to this being the best Star Wars film ever and probably the best action film of the year. I just cant wait to get my arse in the cinema seat and cherish and enjoy the last ever star wars film without bothering if Palpatine looks crap or Anakins lightsabre is still blue or whatever.

blue, will be the best part of the movie for me.

Lucas Sucks!
gee i see i hurt you all... im sorry... geez..... do you have to like everything they do to star wars?! i dont care if im a star was fan.... i just see the movies, i love Empire and thats it. And dont give me that 20 years difference bs, because in the re -release in the DVD they changed the old emperor for the rubber face one, no continuity whatsover, the old version in the hologram looked shittie, but it doesnt make sense if you put the new one. Sorry if i offended your little nerdy asses.

Xam
quote:
"Dude, if you were a real SW fan you wouldn't have even posted this crap much less have your forum name as LUCAS SUCKS. I think you are just trying to piss people off. "

Dude,if YOU were a REAL SW fan YOU would RESPECT other peeps opinion!

EDIT: ALL OF YALL REALLY PISS ME OFF WHEN YOU F*CKIN BASH ON PEEPS LIKE THAT mad HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF ALL OF US PEEPS BASHED ON YOU,YOU WOULD ALL GO CRY LIKE BIG F*KIN BABIES!

Red Superfly
Well, I for one do not like everything Star Wars. In fact I've pretty much disliked everything about the new movies apart from maybe the Clone Army and Obi-Wan. Everything else kinda sucks. The Originals are for me, personally, and I like the look of the new movie. The last thing on my mind was how The Emperor looked. I honestly have more concerns about plotholes and things that matter.

Calling everyone here a nerd isn't going to win you any votes, and I find that slightly hypocritical of you considerring you express very "nerd-like" attributes, in that you only like Empire, and that you don't like how the Emperor looks. If you were as "cool" and "non-nerdlike" as you THINK you are, you wouldn't give a damn about any of it, wouldn't have took the time to come to a Star Wars message board, and post a rant about it. Pot calling the kettle black right there.

Grow up first, then you'll see people respecting what you have to say.

Xam
mad

Red Superfly
Well it's true. If you're gonna whine about something at least try and argue the point rather than making it seem like you're close to tears.

Xam
LOL

Lucas Sucks!
haha calling them nerds is the only thing i could think of when they wine because i didnt like somehting in star wars... and yes... there are more important things than the emperors makeup... like plot holes... but they are so many and the story has gotten so bad that i dont really care about that anymore.... i had enough of bad dialog and directing in attack of the clones. Now atleast i was wating for a visual improvement,.... and i see it in most of the designs.... i liked most of them... but the idea with the emperor fighting and the makeup really got in my nerves, and the idea of putting vader in a bed like frankistein really pissed me off, and i loce frankistein movies. You cant comlain in this formus cause everyone will come and eat you alive. Kids and girls ive known lucas work since THX's student version and the THX is really ONE OF THE BEST movies ever made, and to see what lucas did then is what pisses me off... you cant take it from me just respect my opinion.

" but they are so many and the story has gotten so bad that i dont really care about that anymore"

hence the name...

Red Superfly
I can sympathise with how you feel Lucas Sucks, I too hated the cringeworthy dialog in the prequels.

I mean, the OT's dialog wasn't a masterpiece, but it had a charm all to itself, and walked that fine line between fantasy and reality. I thought it was akin to how Tolkien created the dialogue for Lord Of The Rings; the Star Wars universe also had it's quirky dialogue.

But then the prequels really did shatter that illusion for me. It went from "quirky" dialogue to "toe-curling". At times, it seemed Lucas just wanted to make the dialogue into a caracture of the OT, rather than have it assimilated into the saga seamlessly. I agree that the Attack of The Clones dialogue was an absolute shambles. During certain Yoda sequences, and especially the romance scenes, I feel myself getting deeper and deeper embedded into the sofa, toes curling tighter. As I squirm in my awkwardness and embarrassment, I can feel the bile rising in my stomach and stopping in my throat, as I look around looking for the nearest exit.

We can only HOPE Episode III is actually a pleasure to watch. If the dialogue holds up, then I'll consider it a job well done (finally). If however, Yoda says something as rediculous as "around the survivors, a perimeter, create" or Obi-Wan says the grating phrase of "Good call, my young Padawan!", then I'll be back here, whinging about these new movies like we are now. I hope that doesn't happen.

Lucas Sucks!
you forgot the line when anakin tells obi one that thining about padme is intoxicating

5knuckleShuffle
lucas sucks= super shadow?

Lucas Sucks!
ha you people are so inlove and obsesed with super shadow that you never stop talking and making threads about him ;C)

bILLYgOAT
then this after Red superfly reads him the riot act

LMFAO TBRFH laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Xam
what??

bILLYgOAT
To me the Emp in the original ESB looked more like Alec Guinness/ John Merrick hybrid than a cruel and nasty ba$tard, and for continuity sake, I'm happy enough to see Ian McDairmuid replace elephant/Alec as the character in ESB.

now back to Lucas Sucks
If you only liked Empire, thats fine,
but why are you waiting to see ROTS if you hated ROTJ, TMP & AOTC ?
AICN had a name for it
battered wife syndrome,
you keep coming back for more and more "bad experiences" because you love them really.
so why all the bitchin?
as I've said, you come onto a SW boards knowing theres fans here and want to get attention, and you get it by pissing on a subject that they love.

BTW XAM
theres a difference between having a different point of view and being a simple forum troll
just check Lucas Sucks post history and you'll see .

Xam
dude i just check out wat peeps write i dont give a f*ck what there history is!!i just hate bashers!

bILLYgOAT
?
expand pls

bILLYgOAT
and LS certainly bashes

bILLYgOAT
its a simple taste of his own medicine

Xam
i just dint read wat he said i just did not like wat JediJunky wrote,we all alowd to our own opinion!

bILLYgOAT
the world would be dull if everyone agreed. wink

Gangularis
i sit and wonder why he bothers to make the films if he's going to make them full of so many plot holes, bad acting, cheezy dialogue, and utter let downs such as the makeup for the emperor. amity, it is the small things, the nuance that makes great movies great. and yes, i do plan to enjoy the movie as best i can, but some of this shit needs venting... also, if no one ever sat around and bickered like this, there'd be no motivation for some complacent directors to strive to be better in hopes of avoiding pissing off the multitudes of fans who are NOT willing to turn a blind eye to so many things.

cylob49
my BIGGEST annoyance with Lucas is how he can spend so much time adding new scenes to the movies whilst leaving sucky ones in.
Example- the scene in A NEW HOPE where after r5 blows up at lukes side you can still see him beside r2 when lukes says "uncle Owen what about that one?" and the Imperial officer in the freezing chamber in ESB with the uk then us accent...sloppy.
WE dont get much REAL dialogue in the prequels.....we mainly get soundbites that sound cool
"dont move jedi"
"this partys over"
"we havent much time"
etc

i dont have a problem with the Emperors make up at all tho

Lucas Sucks!
ehmmmm, i liked a new hope for the innovation.... innovation just in special effects cause its a huge collage of all genere films, wich is not bad, i love empire and return of the jedi i only like jabba and the end the confrontation with vader.... i hated phantom menace because of all the bad decisions taken, but i liked it a lot more than attack of the clones wich was all eye candy and they put jandgo fett as a marketing technique. That pisses me off, i grew up watching star wars, of course i like it, and because of that I'm really angry to what lucas did.... he did something great to hollywood then he messed it up. f you are so lind and such a fanatic that you dont believe, see the special edition of THX where lucas himself admits that he doesnt know how to write and that THX is his proudest proyect and that he has become what he most hated. Even Coppola said that he cant write good lines, his own teacher. Thats why I'm so angry at him.... he created a lot of good stuff that changed the wolrd of cinema once and then he became the nw moster for the medium. He turned to the dark sie to put it in SW terms. Atleast i have good reasons to say what i say, mst of you likes whatever they put you on screen, cause its star wars. have some reason for christ sake.

cylob49
the worst thing about certain sw fans is the way they get all huffy if you critisize anything SW
i consider myself an sw fan but its 6 years since Phantom Menace and i STILL havent decided if i like it or not
i find myself being a fan of bits of the prequels rather the whole
BUT so far what im seeing and hearing of EP3 i like
i remember reading the screenplay of TPM and thinking is THAT IT???
this time round things are different there is a totally diff vibe about this one
DARKNESS.......it was hinted at in ep2 and its all im getting from this one
"Little children may be scared by Episode 3"
HOORAH!

bILLYgOAT
fair enough

jedijunky1138
How so? If someone was a true fan they wouldn't try and find something wrong with everything. These are the people who become movie critics, Professional Overanalists I like to call them. They strive to ruin everyones experience by giving there opinions and passing them off as fact. Total BS!

jedijunky1138
Yea people have there own opinions but they should be prepared for repercussions for there actions. I have my opinion and I posted it. I think this guy is nothing but a troll and should be banned! There... another opinion for ya SO.

jedijunky1138
And I was expressing mine! mad

Look I didn't mean to piss people off. I just think that this guy is trying to get under people's skins. I can't believe that you guys (who I truly think are GREAT FANS) are defending this guy.

5knuckleShuffle
EDITED

Ogami Itto

5knuckleShuffle
well maybe palps did the whole mike jackson bit. got f'ed up and got a new face.

he tried to restore it with the force.

Jedi Priestess
Shuffle, we dont talk that way here, referring to your comment about LS. nono

Paola
have a read everyone: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.