when will the bad guys become the good guys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
In the prequels, the rebels are seen as the bad guys, and the repubic is seen as the good guys, whereas in the original trillogy, the empire (formed from the republic) is seen as evil, and the rebellion is seen as good. So when do you think the rebels will become seen as good instead of evil.

I think its clever how sidious planned the whole thing. He knew that when he makes himself emperor, there would be a rebellion with public support. So he created the droid armies and orchestrated the clone wars and shows the rebellion (dooku's confederacy) to be the bad guys (from what happenned on Naboo) . Dooku didnt really want the rebels to win on Geonosis, it was just a part of Palpy's plan.
This did 2 main things for sidious. First, he got himself a galactic scale army to do his bidding. Secondly, he got the majority of the public and the powerful forces in the republic to hate the rebellion, which would mean that they would not support the rebel allience when the empire was formed.
Then he made himself get even more support against the rebels when he allowed them to attack the capitol of the republic, and capture it's leader, making it quite clear to people who the bad guys were. THen he declares himself emperor, and the rebel allience is fighting against the empire, but most of the powerful people in the old republic cant see the difference between dooku's confederacy and the rebel allience, so it is quite easy for the empire to take control and remain favoured and supported by the regional governers.

Jedi_Green
The republic was run by all the planets in part.
The galactic empire was run by eperor palpatine and darth vader.

Its like saying United States and Iraqs (old) dictatorship are the same.

eleveninches
they control the same area, and have the same army and same leader and same capital, so the republic and empire are similar

Jedi_Green
I dont think palpatine planned it either. I reckon George Lucas did that evil mastermind. big grin

Ushgarak
I don't think the Confeds are going to directly become the Rebels. The Rebellion, as specifically named, will start later- else it would not be a Rebellion at all, just a continuation of the Clone War.

PVS
yeah, the federation is just a puppet army which has nothing to do with the rebelion.

Jedi_Green
which rebellion pms?
ep1-3 or ep4-6?

PVS
you're not banned yet troll?

Jedi_Green
It was a simple question pms, what u got against me?

Red Superfly
The Rebellion won't exist until Bail and Mon Mothma etc start it up.

The Republic turns into the Empire because they adopt a new ruler right?

There is no new ruler of the CIS, so it will just die. The Rebellion is a separate faction to the CIS. The CIS was a puppet of the Empire that was pretty stupid, whereas The Rebellion is a faction born out of wisdom due to Palpatines evil ways.

It kinda goes a long way as to explain why The Trade Federation and The Droid Army was chosen as the puppets for the Clone Wars - they were thick and easily follow orders.

The Rebellion is mostly human/smart alien races who are mainly involved with peace. There is a massive difference between them and the CIS.

I think The Driod Army is gonna explain why robots are so frowned upon in the OT. It won't become a Rebellion.

.:Space Opera:.
confeds are breaking away form the republic.

the rebelion was breaking away from the empire, two completely different historical events

eleveninches
the point is that palpy predicted the original trilogy rebellion, so he created the prequel trillogy rebellion so that polititians would see the rebel allience as the bad guys.

eleveninches
i think the confederacy becomes the rebel allience, or at least is linked to it, although the confederacy is really controlled by sidious through dooku

.:Space Opera:.
they may get some of their ideas form the confeds but its started by two completely different persons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.