Best Controller?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dave123
Just wondering... which controller - for a console - do you feel most comfortable with?

The worst for me is probably XBOX Original... way too big erm

The PS2 seems natural, since I had the PS for a long time, and they're identical yes

and the XBOX S controllers are similar to PS2, so I guess they come joint first

GameCube seems too... confusing no expression and the third party controllers never seem to be as good :s

Red Superfly
The N64 had the best controller of all time.

Because of the three prongs, your thumb would sit in the same position for both the D-Pad and Analogue stick.

gls
i think the dreamcast was the most comfortable

Solo
Yeah I'm going with PS2. But I've had the PS2 longer then the GC and XBOX....so maybe it's just me.

fierypaws
Okay i agree that the original Xbox controller was way to big, Xbox S is a simplified version of the camecube controller, and N64 just plain sucks. PS and PS 2 are the same controller..... and they are pretty good controllers, but the controls in games really suck.

Phoenix Aska
I like the original xbox contoller. I prefer that over the S...Probably because I got it when it first came out but whatever...

In my opinion, the PS2 contoller is easiest to use only because it was so similar to the PS1's.

But the original Xbox controller isn't hard to use. It just looks big and complicated with too many buttons to some people.

SaTsuJiN
I have to root for X-box's Controller S on this one, simply because its versatile with a myriad of game types
N64 controller was the most comfortable though.

Phoenix Aska
You know..I had to buy over all like 6 N64 contollers. the joysticks just kept breaking or falling apart or something would go wrong....They were horrible...

fierypaws
The original Xbox controller wasn't bad, it was just way over sized.

Thael
I liked the PS2 controller best, nice and comfortable and just the right size. stick out tongue

dave123
http://www.algonet.se/~zybernic/videogames/nintendo_controller.jpg droolio

fierypaws
Ya the PS2/PS1 controller is nice, but I found that in certain games if you want someone to make a hard cut left or right, they end up rounding corners and crap like that.

SaTsuJiN
lmao @ NES controller.. that damn thing gave so many people callouses and sore thumbs.. ah the memories...

dark1365
When I play games that use all the trigger buttons(R1,R2,L1,L2) on the PS2 or PS, it's frustrating because I constantly press the wrong button, and end up being eaten by a zombie. Figures.

Storm
PS2. The controller is remarkably comfortable and fits into your hands very well.

Lord_Andres
The gamecube controll is by far the most comfortable, it lets you reach to all bottuns without the slightest prob, and the sticks are so soft if you know what I mean

Robo-Chocobo
the ps2 controller is to angular. it doesn't have enough space between the controller prong and the controller base. and the joystick seems to have a dead zone. the R+L buttons don't respond to pressure as easily, and you can't register they are as easily.

the type S x-box pad is nice. it has a good distance for the prongs, and theb uttons are well shaped. the joysticks are very high quality, and respond in a god degree of sensitivety, with no dead spots. they feel juuuust right. the triggers have a good sensitivity, and have varying pressure when pressed. the white buttons are to hard to hit, along with the start button.

the gamecube controller is very comfortable, with a feeling as if it was shaped to fight your hand the first time you pick it up. the joysticks aren't pressable, and the C-stick is very springy, and hard to aim with.
the R+L buttons are very nice, and you can put a huge range on them, from simply holding them down, to pressing them like buttons. they fight your fingers well. the butons are easy to hit, and I can hit all of them with my thumb quite easily. A-button sticks when gunk gets in. Z-button is the hardest button to hit ever,

ZomBiE_HunTER
I like the GC and then Ps2 I really dont like Xbox Oringinal dam it was a pain .But to tell the truth it didnt bother me at fiest but then the new one came out and I just started to hate he old one.

Rhino
the ps2 controller is the best control, perfect button layout. u gotta be retarded if u think this controls suck, its so damn easy

the xbox s control is good too, very very light (i used it at eb games) but its not very wide. cool shoulder bottons

the gamecube controls are really really hard and awkward, the shoulder bottons are weird too, u hafto push em in too much, and u could click the z by accident. the button layout is again, too awkward.

Robo-Chocobo
have you ever used a gamecube controller?

the buttons on the PS2 are so standard, they dont push in enough.

the R+L buttons don't click enough.

and the joysticks have dead zones.

Draco69
The PS2 was by far the best for me. No matter what game I played, the controls responded perfectly.

The Fat XBOX controller sucked. The S controller was a major improvement for me.

The Gamecube controller fits my hand nicely. Until I played games on it. Platform games rock on the GC controller. Any other game is next to impossible. Fighting games (i.e. Soul Calibur II) are extremely difficult to play because I had a tendency to jam on the humongous "A" button. First Person shooters were extremely difficult to play with the GC controller. The camera stick was too sensitive. The problem with the Gamecube controller was the buttons. The A button were three times larger than the the X and Y buttons. I can't count the times I pressed A instead of X. The L and R buttons on the side are difficult to wield. You have to push the button ALL the way in order to get a reaction. God forbid you played a game where you had to hold the shoulder button in conjuncture with another button for long periods of time. (i.e. Enter the Matrix, Spider Man 2). I hope the next controller is better.

Rhino
to robo choco.

yes infact i have used a gamecube controller before, tons of times.

the R and L buttons(ps2) push in enough...the cube pushes in too much to kno if it is all the way in, u hafto hear the click thing. why is it, that nintendo always makes mistakes, kid oriented games, bad button layout(and shoulder buttons), munny making decisions...the only thing theyre good at is the handheld.

and wat are dead zones?

RaventheOnly
The original X-box is the best big grin i have really long fingers so big grin its perfect then the crampt little controllers stick out tongue

Robo-Chocobo
Type F x-box controller( F for fatty) has flaws. the buttons are to far away, and they are to angular. fingers slide off them, the aiming joystick in halo doesn't have enough of a divet to hold the thumb on it.

Robo-Chocobo
dead zones- as in when I play Killzone, and I either push to hard on the joystick, or not hard enough. dead zones where their is joystick insensitivity.

also, if you had truly played with a gamecube controller you would know the shoulder buttons don'tfully work the way you prescribe.

such as in luigi's mansion you push on the shoulder button for varying degrees of sensitivity. it's basicaly 2 buttons in 1.

or in mario sunshine. you get different water pressure from how hard/ how far you push the button. it's very easy to hit it. in mario kart double dash, you press it for a varying degree of power sliding. light sliding or heavy sliding.
it's not just a button. it has a range of sensitivity.

also, you complain about pushing A instead of X. you slide your thumb to the right to hit X. you can also hit it. I prefer to slide it, depending on the game. I hit it with the right half of my thumb.

the c stick is the gamecubes biggest flaw. pushable joysticks would be nice too.

dark1365
C stick aint so bad actually, like in Super Mario Sunshine.

dave123
http://www.ps3.cn/ps3pad.jpg I doubt this is real, or a final design... but Sony had better not make something like that for PS3 no expression

dark1365
wtf?

dave123
It's a fake PS3 controller....

I just googled it smile

fierypaws
Ya well it looks like you did, man that looks horrible!

fierypaws
Are there two X buttons on that thing?

dave123
laughing out loud looks like it... the people that faked it didn't even bother making a new symbol stick out tongue

dark1365
dumbasses.

Rhino
anyways i think people that own a gamecube actually like that control...regardless of flaws, people like their own system roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robo-Chocobo
or maybe people who don't own one ignore it's strong points, and believe it's a piece of crap compared to their perfect in every single way savior of mankind Ps2 controller. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robo-Chocobo
I at least acknowledge the controllers flaws. I know the C stick sucks, and the z button is a pain, and the joysticks don't push in, adn the D-pads stiff

on the X-box, the white/black are still annoying to hit, and the D pad is rather clicky, plus the triggers arent as sensative.

ps2, the d-pad is murder on the fingers in fighting games, the buttons are to flat, dead zones on the joysticks, and the R & L buttons don't push in enough.

Rhino
big grin well the ps2 controller IS standard looking and good enough for the xbox to make a similar one, draco made a good point about the big a button

Robo-Chocobo
X-box making a similiar one?

What are you talking about?

The X-box controller is almost a direct rip from the dreamcast controller.

Robo-Chocobo
dreamcast

Robo-Chocobo
Sex box

Robo-Chocobo
sorry, this image won't load.

Rhino
i was talking about the xbox S having a similar 4 botton layout but ya, it is a rip off of the dreamcast

Robo-Chocobo
dude, thats like saying the n64 was a rip off because it had 4 yellow buttons in the same order.

infact, you might say the PS1's controller is a rip off of the SNES controller. all it did was add 2 more sholder buttons., and give it a better grip.

Rhino
i dont remember what the n64 controller looked like, i sold it for a ps1, anyways. the ps1 cotroller wasnt a rip off of snes lol, the ps1s controller was more 3d, and not flat. and my main point was that the xbox did rip off someone OK! the old snes cant be compared to the ps1, they're from different decades of gaming, old skool and 3d

Robo-Chocobo
just add 2 prongs, and 2 extra shulder butotns to a SNES controlelr and you got a ps1 controller.

BackFire
My favorite was probably the N64 controller, followed by the SNES controller.

Out of the current consoles, I'd say PS2. Though the gamecube one is very comfortable for me as well. Though I just wish the cord was a few feet longer.

ChickinMeat
i have to agree!

Best.... controller.... ever!

but thats followed by the PSX/PS2 controller, it feels uber comfy in my paws

ZomBiE_HunTER
I like the wavebird for the GC its awesome it goes about 20 feet or more I love it.

Robo-Chocobo
it's definetly nice. very light, wireless, and comfy. the batteries are a downer, but it would be a divine creation if it didn't need em.

ragesRemorse
Xbox s is probably the most comfortable for me, though i do believe the Ps2 controller is more convenient for gamers. The button scheme on a ps2 controller is just nearly perfect. I just cannot deny the comfortability of the Xbox controller though, every time i pick it up, it feels as if i am engaging in a video game. The cord is long as hell too. Gamecube is by far the most awkward controller for me aside from the N64. I think the N64 controller was an accident from Chernobyl it was mutated, it had an extra leg that was useless. I mean really, what was up with the three prong hand grip scheme?

WindDancer
Simple and no need for too many buttons.....

dave123
and a great secondary use eek!

Robo-Chocobo
and so then god said, "LET THEIR BE WIRELESS" and their was. and it was good wireless.

- and dave123- you perv. laughing

WindDancer
hehe.....that joystick had many functions. wink

BackFire
Are teh GC wireless good? I dunno, I've never trusted wireless in the past, seems iffy. But if they're good maybe I should pick one up.

ChickinMeat
i used a wavebird (GC wireless) when i was borrowing a GC of my buddy, and its really really good, they should maked it standard for all consoles.

Samas-adian
I heared its one of the best wireless controllers out there. Im coming from the top of my head but i think it uses radio waves instead of Inferered. I heard you can use it through walls and stuff.

ChickinMeat
yea you are right adian, it uses radio frequencies, total of 10 channels i believe, so multiple wavebirds can be used at once.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its actully has 16 channels.

fierypaws
Ya the Xbox version of the wavebird wasn't exactly successful, they controlelr is to small, and it "drags" when plugged in like moves by itself, and then the thumbsticks have no grooves for zooming in.

SaTsuJiN
yeah wavebird is definately my favorite

Arachnoidfreak
The Dreamcast controller is my favorite, then the Xbox S controller, and the N64 controller after that.

I hate the Playstation controls. Ugh.

ScarFace Clone
Ps2 the best then Dreamcast and i hate the tank, and N64

Robo-Chocobo
tank?

ChickinMeat
i think he might be refering to the original xbox controller?

Thael
Four sticks!?!?! eek! Playing FPS's will be impossible....crazy

Draco69
It's just a hoax. It's not real.

dave123
indeedy.... poorly edited, too erm

JKozzy
Easily seen as photoshopped... it's just a PS2 controller with four more trigger buttons, and two more analog sticks. Nothing more, rest assured smile

dave123
I could do better using a NES controller...

and I'm gonna prove it eek!

JKozzy
Okay! eek!

dave123
PS3 controller.... now with 2 triangle buttons, 2 X buttons, and no more analog sticks eek! or shoulder buttons droolio

and moulded to fit your hands perfectly.....

JKozzy
Perfect! Wow... I smell a big profit in the near future, and it's on Sony's doorstep! droolio

dave123
anyone think they can do better? stick out tongue I dare ya! orroz

Wolf Dog
Super Nintendo Controller.
Hands down. It felt like dreams!

dark1365
Smaller version of Xbox Controller.

DracotheDragon
The Gamecube (GCN) only because, like I have stated in multiple other threads, it's the most form - fitting. (The Cstick sucks when you are playing N64 games on it though)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.