Temple of doom prequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

andyF1
I read on another site that indiana jones/ Temple of doom was a prequel
Any one know if this true and the reasons for this?

Evil Dead
For some reason now that you mention this I'm thinking I remember the beginning of Temple of Doom it gives the date as being 1938 whereas in Raiders it gives the date as being 1939..........

I could be way off on this......havn't watched the movies in a few months.......but that's what's popping into my head right now.

amity75
Yeah Temple of Doom is a prequal. I'm not sure the dates but I think it's earlier by a couple of years. Theres actually a continuity error coz Indy does a Raiders and goes for his gun to shoot the 2 swordsmen but realises he doesn't have it.

Evil Dead
Oh.....and the reason for this is quite simple.

Temple of Doom was a completely different story with different characters (except for Indy). By setting the movie BEFORE Raiders, they did not need to tie up the loose ends with the characters at the end of Raiders. They did not need to rehash what had happened to the characters and how Indy came into contact with new characters like Short Round.

by the way......it's not a continuity error. it is simply a call back to a previous movie. Who ever said that in Raiders when Indy shoots the swordman with his gun that was the first time he had ever done it. That's like saying playing Darth Vader's theme in Episode II when Anakin slaughters the Tuskens is a continuity error.

A continuity error means that there is an error in the order in which events happened.

Orlando Bloom03
Seriously?

andyF1
Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.