Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steely balls
this used be my favorite show back in the day. i still think it's cool. the game was pretty cool too. am i the only one who thinks that tmnt is still kickass? and what do people think of the new cartoon.

Darth Revan
I used to be obsessed. It's funny how all the turtles are named after famous artists

And the game was corny, but fun--I still get a kick out of the part where they surf all the way across the harbor laughing out loud

steely balls
i had all the gear and toys, the game, even the movies kicked ass

eleveninches
It was my favourate program at the time, but the new version of it sucks!!

eleveninches
I used to have (and still do have) loads of the action figures

steely balls
the new version doesn't have that same appeal as the old ones

Dogbert
Same thing with the Power Rangers; they don't have the same feel as the originals sad

steely balls
very true, power rangers in it's first 2 seasons were great but then it turned to a pile a crap and still pooping

Striel
I LOVED the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I am already bored of the new one. I hate how they changed so much-- why couldn't they have just left it the same?

Dogbert
I was never really a big fan of the movies either.

WindDancer

RoguePw25
I know that's right! Power Rangers used to be good, but then they started new people and more people and it stunk! Zordon was out of the picture. Might Morphin, Zeo was good, then they went Turbo.. ..Tommy and them left and it stunk ever since.

steely balls
^memories

Superman5452
well Tommy is back now hes the black ranger.

Oh and i was at work and my manager (whos kinda gay) put on a mix cd he made and that i noticed that "step by step" by new kids on the block is the same at the theme song to Captan Planet.

eleveninches
Since when was powr rangers any good?
It's had something like 10+ different incarnations by now anyway.

SlipknoT
this threads taking me back. good times good times

blob
does anybody know where i can download the original theme song because i really want it

eleveninches
teenage in a half shell.........turtle power!

alic88
i used2love TMNJ. they were the best. as for power rangerz, THEY MAKE ME WANNA PUKE. i mean FOR HEAVENZ SAKE how can u like that show, i mean even when i was 5 i hated that show. i mean COME ON DONT U THINK IT WAS A BIT 2 CHEEEEEZY

alic88
IF U WANNA TALK BOUT COOL ROBOT CARTOONS talk about SABER RIDER. n e 1 used2watch this show? THAT WAS THE COOLEST

punkyhermy
wow!!!!!!!!I LOVED them one time!!!!!!i was such a big fan that when the episode would end,we;d go out and play turtle pretend!!!i awas always april though...i HATE the new ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but i'll always lov the turtles !!!!!!!and the theme song!!!!!!!!nostalgic memeories!!!!!

Red Superfly
The new ones aren't too bad, I like the more serious style and that Shredder is the boss. I was always a fan of Shredder.

However things that suck about the new cartoon are:

1) Only Michaelangelo has a skateboard. What......the......hell. Leonardo has a freakin' pedal scooter thing! Raphael has roller blades? Donny has a FOLDING BMX?

2) The theme tune sucks major boottocks. 1234 TURTLES! TURTLES! How lame is that? Just remix the old tune with some sweet guitar riffs and we'd be lovin' it.

3) Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince IS NOT SHREDDER! How can you have Shredder and not have him voiced by Uncle Phil? Blasphemy!

4) No Rocksteady and Bebop. Just sick...sick.........

5) Splinter was a rat to begin with. No. That's plain wrong. I loved the story how Shredder used to know Splinter and screwed him over. The old cartoons origins were way better. Screw the movie and the new cartoon where Splinter is some supernatural-high-kicking-martial-artist-rat BEFORE he got mutated!

6) Something is drastically wrong with April.

7) OK, you know when todays cartoons have gone PC-insane when Baxter Stockman is black.

8) Raphael is some rebel Hulk-like bruiser. I liked it when he was the joker but still the bad-ass.

Red Superfly
Here's a few things I actually liked:

1) Shredder is the boss. I hated Krang, I hated him bossing Shredder around. I hated how he looked, how he talked, and how he made everything TOO stupid.

2) No Krang. A good point is worth mentioning twice.

3) Casey Jones is a huge character.

4) The Foot Soldiers are actually ninjas. I noticed that the censors "back in the day" made the old cartoon change them into robots. I'm glad they are actual people again. And they aren't just cannon-fodder, they actually put up a good fight.

5) Shredder doesn't fall on his ass and then drill himself into the ground to run away like a little sissy. He's bad.

liquidsword
I was wondering are they gona release uncut versions of the other two turtle films or is it hte point that those were made knowing that you couldn't show nunchukas. ie mikey using sausages instead of them.

yerssot
those negative points make me happy that I have only seen one episode messed

TheProgramSmith
Just because of the "If turtles were real..." thread.

Red Superfly
I was Turtles obsessed when I was younger. I had everything toy-wise. The figures, the clothes, I was was a PARENTS NIGHTMARE at Christmas when this stuff was the biggest thing ever, and nobody could get hold of the toys. (like that dodgy Buzz Lightyear and those infernal Telletubbies).

Ninja Turtles was MY LIFE. It consumed me and my friends. I still have the scars.

If it wasn't Ninja Turtles it was The Real Ghostbusters instead.

And now they are back, darker, cooler, more Ninja-like (due to societys moral fiber being desensitised ever so sloooowly - give it another ten years and we'll see a third Turtles incarnation called "Teenage Erotic Death Ninja Turtles With Decapitations And Looking Up April's Miniskirt"wink

What's with the NEW Ninja Turtles anyway? I loved the idea of them returning to the comic book darkness - but wheres Rocksteady and Bebop???? Why is Shredder never doing his own dirty work - he just sits there? April isn't a reporter? Splinter was a kung fu rat all along and not a man to begin with? Baxter Stockman is now the token black guy?

The worst crime of all - only Michaelangelo has a skateboard AND THEY CHANGED THE MUSIC! I was watching it like: "cool, this intro seems to be pretty dark, their voices are OK, OMG whats that horrible music? No no no! They should have re-done the classic theme! I DID NOT just see Leonardo on a mini-scooter??!! WTF! Raphael DOES NOT HAVE ROLLERBLADES! ARRRRGH!! Oh, oh brilliant, Donatello only has a freakin folding-up BMX! Raphs a psycho WTF!"

It has a few cool things - the foot soldiers are brilliant. Um, um, the animation is nice. Shredder is the bossman and he looks bad-ass - NO KRANG! Yay! I hated that stupid lame alien brain.

Shredder needs to be Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince! He WAS Shredder!

BarmyBrummie
Woah, an essay!

TheProgramSmith
*Takes a minute to recover from reading that novella*

I had action figures, clothes, linen, board games, video games. I had a lot. I was not overly-wrapped up in it. However, I have to agree with one thing. Watching the "new" Ninja Turtles was a bit of a let down.

You are kidding me, right?

Myth
I'm with you Red. I grew up on turtles (Ghostbusters too!) and I agree with your rant of the new Turtles. Its good to see them back but they are being butchered.

eleveninches
The new version totally sucks scrotums. My favourate on the original TMNT has to be Raphael (with Michaellangello coming a close second).

Xtremechik2
I love this show! big grin I was wondering, are there any other TMNT fans on this board?

TheRealistKilla
yeah i love tmnt.

but the new episodes are ok i prefer the original ones.

but hey wth at least there being aired again

RaventheOnly
I loved the old ones... but thats when i was like 8 no expression and only now do i understand what was going on...

badsymbiote
That Uncle Phil was the Shredder? I never knew that. Now, I shall never forget. I used to love the turtles--my faves were Raphael and Donatello. My kids started to like them a couple of years ago, so I busted out all my original action figures--well, not ALL of them. I forgot that I had made Splinter a tradional Japanese karate suit out of tissue paper. It's yellowing now, but it still looks pretty good. They love all the old VHS tapes, toys, breakfast trays, trading cards, video games and all that stuff I had saved all these years.
I've watched the new show maybe 10 times, and it just isn't as good. The dialogue in the original is so much better, though I do like the animation and the way the Turtles and Shredder more resemble the Eastman and Laird version. I don't like the movie-style explanation of how Splinter was a rat in Japan, and Hamato Yoshi was killed by Oroku Saki--hated it in the movie, and I still don't like it. I think the story is just more interesting when Yoshi becomes Splinter.

Here is a pic of the new version of the Turtles- drawn by Skottie Young of LedHeavy. Though I'm not nearly as enamored of the show, I do love their up-dated image.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.