Greatest Battle Scenes In Cinema?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
AH people what do you think is the greatest battle scene put up on the big screen so far???

fini
to quote ..............." TOO WAR!!!!!!!!"
*cough cough*

Pearl Harbour was great..................but the best i've seen so far is the opening sequence for Saving Private Ryan..........that was wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooo intense.

but of course i'll have something else to say once ROTK opens

fini
oooo........and how can i FORGET ........BRAVEHEART..........the one where he gives speech and the one where the Irish Army joins them

badkittykitty
darn tootin the battle at minas tirith is going to be such a epic one...I am starting to go a little crazy with anticipation

bLooMiLiCioUs
heh heh battle scene?i dunno if this qualifies as the best or even as a battle scene but...yoda vs count dooku in attack of the clones...yoda was soo cute!!haha.

Discos
Perhaps D-Day on Saving Private Ryan, or the final push forward in "We were soldiers"

Its been a while since I have seen Windtalkers but I am sure there is a few good ones on that.

fini
nah yoda is in FIGHT scene...............battle scenes have hundreds of people

Tex
Braveheart also. thumb up

finti
there were some very cool scenes in the last mohicans

wicker_man
Of all the battles i've seen in films two main battle scenes stick in my mind: the D-Day landings in Saving Private Ryan and the Battle for Endor in Star Wars : Return of the Jedi.

lil bitchiness
Gladiator...all battle scenes in Gladiator are awsome!

enya
being a lord of the rings fan i have got to saw helms deep in the two towers

but i have a feelin that i will change my mind wen i see return of the king coz i fink from wot i have heard and seen dat the war in dat film will rule more than life itself

nazgulinthedark
helms deep! ... or maybe when the ringwriths are chasein the hobbits around in the fellowship, does that count as a battle scene?

Bad Boy
Pearl Harbor and Braveheart for me!

Lord Soth
Helm's Deep

vvvrulz
Helm's Deep battle certainly is up there, along with Braveheart. The final scene in The Patriot wasnt too bad either.

Otacon85
what about the battle for zion in the Matrix Revolutions? That was INTENSE!!! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Discos
I wouldn't count it much as a battle but in Blade 1, when Blade gets his blood at the end and is on the hunt for Frost, he must of killed at least a battle load of people.

Scrappy Doo
Thinking about it, I cant recall many big battle scenes that I've seen. The only ones I can really remember as good, were in the Seven Samurai.

Walter Simard
I'd say some of the most memorable WWI battle scenes can be found in All Quiet on the Western Front (1930), and some gritty scenes of WWII's D-day landing in the first 25 minutes of Saving Private Ryan (1998), and also in a film that's totally dedicated to D-day, the historical drama, with an all-star cast, The Longest Day (1962).

ragesRemorse
there are technically better and more grand battle scene's, but the ones that give me emotion was the first time i saw return of the jedi as a kid, and when the marines first encounter the aline. in ALIENS

Pablo G
Helm's Deep in the two towers, and black hawk down has great battles as well

Vim
I think the opening sequence for Gladiator was good. The end battle of SWEpisode 2, Saving private ryan, the patriot, and SW EmpireStrikesBack.... um.... My book is gonna have some awesome battle sequences between humans and cyborgs and robots. and humans with cyborg regenegades vs. cyborgs, humans vs. demons....

el_barto
neo and smith in the subway

Metroplex
Braveheart for sure. It was an all out battle

stinkfist462
super burly brawl.... the ending fight of matrix revo.. including the zion fight aswell

lobby scene in matrix 1 and then the burly brawl in reloaded

Lord Soth
The end scene in the Patriot, plus

Battle of Pelennor Fields (LotR:RotK)-a premonition

Skywa|ker
The battle in Akira Kurosawa's "Ran" is, I think, the most breathtaking I have ever seen.

manny321
THE Battle of Pelennor Fields will be the best battle ever. It has hundrends of thousands of orcs this time. Helms deep is nothing compared to this, it will truley wow us i hope.

Lady Ellie
Helmsdeep and the battle in Gladiator were really awsome!
I hope the battle in ROTK will be as good as in TT or even better.

Bad Boy
That's a fight scene not a battle scene you doof!

Lord Soth
Battle of Pelennor Fields is said to be the greatest undertaking in movie battle ever before, and that Helm's Deep was nothing but a warm-up yes yes yes yes yes

MUSE(a band)_16
neo vs. agent smith in every matrix part ( best fight in matrix 3)
and mini me vs. austin

The One Himself
Saving Private Ryan first sequence....

movie_freak
BraveHeart
Helm's Deep in LOTR:TTT
i hope Last Samurai has good battle scenes

Lord Soth
Last Samurai and LotR:RotK-highly anticiapting

claidisa_felton
HELMS DEEP AND PELLENOR FIELDS!!!
HELMS DEEP AND PELLENOR FIELDS!!!
no one can compare, seriously!!!!

SlipknoT
Bravehart all the way, that battle was so brutal.

Kes
The beginning of LOTR: The fellowship of the ring also has a cool battle scene, thou small.

Corlindel
smile Yep. The Battle of Dagorlad at the beginning of FOTR is a short scene but is perfect.

or Pellenor Fields - ROTK

Fire
Saving Private Ryan: opening scene
Brave Heart: First Battle, at Sterling
The Patriot: Final Battle
Pearl Harbour: great showing of Areal(sp) Combat
ROTK: Pellenor Fields, needs no explaining
The Matrix Revolutions: Zion
Black Hawk Down: great close combat tactics
Master and Commander: great shwoing of Naval combat
Gladiator: Opening sequence

and a few others....

wicker_man
Any of the battles in Braveheart were pretty stunning, although short i'd also have to say the opening battle in Gladiator where Maximus mutterd that pretty cool line "On my signal unleash hell".
Also the battle between the Ewoks and Rebel Alliance against the Imperial forces in Star Wars : Return of the Jedi and finally the battle for Helms Deep in LotR: TTT.

samhain
opening sequence from gladiator or any battle scene from LOTR trilogy.

Traydemark03
I agree with Kes...I think that was my fav scene throughout the movie...The axes were so cool

I know i've posted in this before but mine are all from the matrix

1) Lobby scene(The Matrix)
2) Zion scene(Revolutions)
3) Burly Brawl(Reloaded)
4) Super Brawl: Neo vs Smith(End of Revolutions)

Kes
113> Technically the Zion scene is the only battle scene. The rest are fights.
Right?!

Kes
Always considered battle...more of a group thing. Like one army against another.

Mmoose1025
Definately the helicopter attack in Apocalypse Now. I love it.

eleveninches
1. Braveheart (all battles: villiage fort, sterling castle, york, Falkirk, Bannokburn)
2. Saving Private Ryan (Beach Landings)
3. Enemy at the Gates (initial attack on Stalingrad)
4. Last Samurai (Last battle)
5. LOTR: ROTK (pellenor fields)
6. LOTR:TTT (Helms Deep)
7. LOTR:FOTR (prologue battle)
8. SW:AOTC (geonosis battle)
9. Zulu (Final charge)
10. Matrix:Revolutions (Zion attack)
11. Gladiator (First Battle)

Samas-adian
Braveheart, Platoon, We Were Soldiers and definitly Saving Private Ryan.
Im going to get killed for this.
The Lord of the Rings battles were good. I thought there were intense and difficult to do through CGI and live actors. I feel though that Braveheart and titles above were alot better because there were real actors or people fighting, and not a CGI elephant. I would think it would be harder to coordinate real people portraying a real event with explosions and setting up all bullets and stuff.. But dont get me wrong, Lord of the rings battles were great and the only reason i would watch them again.

Kes
LOTR battles have thousands of extras co-ordenated with CGI. I'd say thats way more difficult.

Samas-adian
Well i wouldnt know for sure.
Saving Private Ryan, have all these camera angles, making sure people didnt die from explosions and creating scenes that need to be historically accurate.
Its probably just a difference of opinion.
One questions is though, how do you distinguish what people were real or not. Cause from what i remember when i knew the characters were real, it was a close up shot. But i would have to watch it again to see if im wrong or not.

Omegaman
I see CGI has alot of you soooooooooo impressed but its really for lazy people! How about some battle scenes the goo old fashion way, they used real people and equipment.......

1) Spartacus!!
2)Tora Tora Tora
3)Battle of the Bulge
4)

Omegaman
And ...
-Lawerence of Arabia
-The Sands of Iwo Jima
-The Longest Day
-Hamburger Hill

Try those out!!

Kes
True Omegaman, those were ace. But look how many ppl they'd need to make LOTR, plus pretty much all in make-up. It would be way to expensive. And dont underestimate CGI, its hard work.
And the giant elephants and stuff needed to be CGI laughing

Kes
I'd say they needed as much coordination as in LOTR. They did have extras on hand-to-hand combat. Just no guns or explosions. Except for the Helms deep battle. That had one major explosion.
In Saving private Ryan all the cameras where had cams so it was a little easier wink

Samas-adian
Ok. Well, were never going to agree. I like battles with real people. I just find alot more impressive and creates more tension knowing that this is what happenend to soldiers. If those battles were done in CGI, i would not like them, cause its fake. Why should i care about people dying if i know that its just a computer image.
On the other hand, i know that CGI is hard and it would probalby take alot of time and difficulty to do it. But hey, im an old fashioned guy who likes movies sometimes without CGI.

JoshSquash2k4
KILL BILL VOL. 1 I was smiling through out the whole scene

Tired Hiker
Yes, I would consider Uma vs. All those people right before she fought Lucy Liu, a true battle indeed!

Also the movie Ants had a great battle scene! But, it would have been more impressive if they used real ants. stick out tongue Just kidding.

glenn
Best battle scene i've seen is the one in private ryan at the end

Storm
Braveheart, Gladiator love

Kes
thumb up

But in LOTR its not what really happen stick out tongue I see what you mean wink

Linkalicious
one of the best that hasn't been named yet was

Arnold vs the whole island in Commando. he doesn't even get scratched until the knife fight at the end....complete ownage!

Samas-adian
Hahaha..... specially the part when he is in the tool shed..hahaha...such old school.

Darth Revan
Pelennor fields from ROTK!!!!!!!!!!! cool

MarkHobin
Lord of the Rings, the battle with the the tree's in it, that was awesome!!

Drifter101
we are here to determain the greatest battle scenes ever captured on film.

And to see if there are any upcoming competitions such as scenes emerging from the new film 'Troy'

Cinemaddiction
Kawada vs the other 41 high schoolers in "Battle Royale".

ragesRemorse
i'd say saving private ryan was the most unrelenting, braveheart would be the most emotional. Zulu was a great scene but better have been accoomplished since then, kill bill was entertaining but not amongst the ranks of best battle scenes. That is about it on that list, atleast in my opinion. I mean old jacki chan movies are better than the pearl harbor and glory battles,and especially the patriot, what a disgrace that movie was

Myth
KILL BILL!

Lord Soth
I love the Kill Bill fight sequence, but Pelennor fields has such a large impact emotionally that I couldn't not pick it. That was amazing

Omegaman
How can you leave out SPartacus?

Drifter101
hmm spartacus, should have remembered that one if i remembered zulu, thanx 4 the reminder

eleveninches
Braveheart - All battles (village, hill fort, sterling, york, falkirk)
Zulu - Final battle
LOTR:ROTK - Pellenor Fields
LOTR:TTT - Helms deep
LOTR:FOTR - prologue
Saving Private Ryan - Omaha Beach
Enemy at the gates - Blitzkreig at Stalingrad
Kill Bill - Crazy 88's
Pearl Harbour - Initial bombings
Gladiator - Initial Battle
SW:AOTC - Geonosis Battle
Troy - Seige of Troy (havn't seen it yet, but it should be cool)
Revolutions - Battle for Zion
Sparticus
Lawrence of Arabia

lau_timmy
Here is why the battle of gargamela in Alexander (2004) beats every othEr battle.

1 It actually shows how Alexander manages to beat the persian army with the tactis of going in circles and actualy being succesful.

2 Vangelis's Score when Alexander rides through the army. Probably the best battle song ever...the drums following the galloping of Alexander

3 Litteraly the scene was so badass i was on the edge of my seat

4 The Phalanx method of fighting used with historical facts and well presented. (not like Stone would just have people in squares battling) but he actualy showed how and the way they would form.

5 The most numerous battle scene in movie history

6 It beats LOTR becasue there is so much less CGI. LOTR is a great trilogy but you know some people get tired of CGI's.

7 Alexander was hard to determine during the battle (unlike some battles where its' easy to recognize which one is the leader) afterwards in the movie...

8 Alexander doesn't face off only the greatest of the rulers but all of them (unlike some movies where the main villain walks through this orgy of people fighting and somehow finds the enemy ruler so easily and ignores everyone else and kills him...or tries to

9 Barely any speech during the fighting (leave out the beginning when they get prepared)

10 Good actors. the movie shows the loyality of greek perfection

11 It is a long battle.

12 The head army is in the back actually getting attacked a llittle bit as their other minorities are fighting...(like getting distracted as a random spear goes through missing Darius)

13 The portrayal of the persian army (the purple and the beards) basically you could tell who was who.

14 The god damn score.

ragesRemorse
nothing about alexander was good.

Out of your list, braveheart captured the most realistic and intense battle scenes.

Gladiator definently holds ranks for owning some of the most emotional battle scenes in film history.

Beastro
Sorry,Braveheart had great battle scenes but The Lotr battle scenes where the most visually creative and emotional.

Dazzler619
LOTR 3

ragesRemorse
yeah thats all well and good, but i diddnt say a damn word about visual aids did i? Of course you can make a grand spectacular battle scene with make believe effects. It doesnt make it realistic. Bravehearts utter rawness of battle transformed it into an intense re creation of life in a set time.sure it had it's fair share of poetry and whatnot inbetween, but in fight sequences, you knew your heart was going to be ripped apart or driven to it's edge.

Yeah lord of the rings was beautifull. It was well thought out,carefully planned , meticulously shot and coordinated. However, lord of the rings was filmed as a peice of art, braveheart was filmed as peice of humanity and history. Lord of the rings more intense than braveheart...? No sir! We all knew what was going to happen in lord of the rings, whereas braveheart went on whim and an emotion, it rolled over into a war, an epic and then ended back on a wimb and an emotion.

lord of the rings doesnt have shit on bravhearts battle scenes...No sir!.

then again, these are two totally different genres here. whomever started this thread needs to be hit in the head with a spiked hammer for including lord of the rings in a poll rolled by historic period peices. i mean really, timmy are you 12 or somthin?

Mane
All but Alexander were good. Troy was excellent. LOTR was stunning. Gladiator was emotional, etc...

lau_timmy
I agree

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud i agree but the battle of Falkirk was on a bridge laughing out loud

Gladiator had the most historically acurate ... even though it was never documented that they launched explosives by catapult stick out tongue But i loved the opening BATTLE eek!

But in my opinion the greatest battle scene ever was Helms Deep in LoTR ..... the raw emotion of the Orcs in rank and the fear.... and the poem from the book from Theoden.... i only wished they had the Aragorn and the orcs speaking to eachother from the book.... but in the movie they made the Uruki TOTAL BADASSES eek! big grin

DreXor
i'll lean towards braveheart since the battle scenes didn't heavily rely CG and overlays like the others, it was all cast members

lau_timmy
Gladiator has one battle scene , and yes it was good but short.

Braveheart was bloody and has no music over the battle of Stirling which was great. The score in the movie was too patriotic...it needs to be more pridish and violent and brutal.

Alexander battles were the best battles i've ever seen on the screen, and also the most historically accurate. The two main battles in Alexander were just breathtaking. They were really the best I have ever seen and the last was very intense and frightening in my opinion. The sound was awfully loud and when the elephants would make their noise you could hear it loud and clear which made it unsettling in parts which added to the movie and worked great.

Jedi Priestess
Saving Private Ryan, the beginning and the end one. Both were brutal. cry

Cinemaddiction
Helm's Deep, IMO. WETA/Massive is untouchable.

Jedi Priestess
Right...3/4 of that is CGI and doesnt count IMHO. stick out tongue

lau_timmy
Alexander- defeating 250,000-strong Persian army with only 40,000 infantry and 7,000 cavalry.

ragesRemorse
See.. this people, is why we keep getting so many bad movies. Because people like timmy here do not understand movies. There has to be a distinction between film, art and portrayal. Alexander portrayed a vision of history and forgot the film and art. Troy did the exact same thing. How can you say that the musical composition of Braveheart lacked pride? The only pieces in the entire film were pride, love and vengeance. Which were only shown between humanity and fantasy.

I know you have your own opinion and perspective on film and all, but i am just trying to understand it. Gladiator may have had only one epic type battle scene, but everytime maximus fought in that film, it was an internal battle within himself for somthing much greater than rome.

either way, the grandest battle scene of film history of course is hands down "ben hur" no one can argue that. Just thought i would give credit to the king real quick.

lau_timmy
Wow, I'm just talking about which battle is better not citicizing other movies. They are all good movies.

Thoma5
Brotherhood and Saving Private Ryan!!!But i can confirm tat Brotherhood Battle Scene is more powerful den saving private ryan...

baracustastic
Braveheart would have been if they were in any way accurate. No bridge, wrong tactics, the irish, the fire. Spine-tingling though they are history nags the back of my mind.

Helms Deep and Pelennor when the rohirrihm charge are truly awesome. Jackson is a genius

baracustastic
You fool!

The battle of Falirk was on slighty hilly ground with the Scots on a slight elevated defensive position with forest on a flank.

The battle of Stirling Bridge (NOT Sterling, that's English money), unsurprisingly, involved a bridge near Stirling castle. The Scots on the northern side on a steep hill, leaving enough room for the English to advance over the bridge from the south. Scots waited till about half the English were over the narrow wooden bridge then charged the unorganised invaders and burned the bridge. leaving those that had crossed trapped between the water and Scots. Carnage ensued.

And whoever said Braveheart was about portraying history and humanity.......

Braveheart most certainly did not portray history. Wallace was 6 ft 7 ish, mid twenties at Stirling Bridge, and well built. He wasn't a short arsed middle aged man. Bruce never fought for the English, certainly not at Falkirk. Wallace never had his end away with the French Princess either. I've already mentioned the fictional battles, then there's the fictional Irishman, the fictional early days......... endless.

baracustastic
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

"Lord of the rings more intense than braveheart...? No sir! We all knew what was going to happen in lord of the rings, whereas braveheart went on whim and an emotion, it rolled over into a war, an epic and then ended back on a wimb and an emotion."

I thought I knew what would happen in Braveheart, only for Gibson to disregard the history I learned by reading books and going on pilgramages to Bannockburn and Stirling. The only thing he did get right was the emotion, but this was belittled by the butchery of the lives of the two most important figures in my nation's history.

Braveheart is great when I'm in the mood to hate the English for a bit, but otherwise, I wanna tell Gibson what a horrible mess he made.

Sorry for going on and on and on, but it pisses me off.

ladygrim
the last march of the Ents

amazing that plus helms deep ... i wud say the one in ROTK but i didnt watch it all due to painc attaks...silly me

lau_timmy
I'm looking forward for the battle scenes in the upcoming epics Kingdom of Heaven and Hannibal the Conqueror. After viewing the Kingdom of Heaven trailer, there is sure to have siege towers, enormous battles, catapults.

Beastro
Easily the LOTR battle sequences.

Lord_Andres
Nice thread

hmmm hard to say wich is the best, I speicaly LOVE the opening battle in gladiator, I love all the major battleds in LOTR, Troy was also very nice, Spartacus also very impresive, I basicly love almust all battle scence in movies as long as the director knows what he is doing

Britalian
Here's an old one; I wouldnt think many younger people would've seen it, the battle at the river boom in The Sand Pebbles.

Uber_God
i like the arena scene in star wars ep2

xmit2005
What about D Day in Saving Private Ryan?

SnakeEyes
Star Wars and LOTR had some kickass battles

cal31
Docking Bay breach in Matrix Revolutions

RZA
LOTR had some great and realistic looking battle scenes which was surprising due to the fact that it was all pure fantasy.

Braveheart had some epic and memorable battle scenes as well.

But my vote has to go to the opening battle scene in Gladiator. This scene just kicked all kinds of ass. I especially loved the way it accurately depicted how the Romans actually went about waging war. I think it accurately depicted their use of weapons and the structured approach behind their attacks, not to mention the formation of the famous Roman legion system of battle a slight modification of the Greek Phalanx formation. My only gripe, it was a little too short.

Anyway, having that wolf-dog in the scene also kicked all kinds of ass. big grin thumb up 'On my command, unleash hell!

Neptune
The battle of Helms Deep, hands down!

Uber_God
how about Jet Li's Battle scene against himself in 'The One'
it says somewhere that he fights so damn fast they had to slow down the film.
i reckon its a load of crap but still cool

eleveninches
BATTLE scenes:

1.LOTR (last alliance/helms deep/pellanor fields &minas tirith)
2.Saving Private Ryan
3.Enemy at the Gates
4.Braveheart (falkirk/villiage fort/sterling/york/bannockburn)
5.Pearl harbour
6.Troy
7.Matrix:Revolutions
8.Alexander
9.Attack of the Clones
10.Zulu
11.Gladiator
12.Last Samurai

eleveninches
FIGHT scenes:

1.Anakin/ObiWan (star wars episode3)
2.Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris (Way of the dragon)
3.Bruce Lee (all his movies)
4.The bride/o-ren, gogo &crazy88 (kill bill)
5.Zatoichi/Hattori (zatoichi)
6.Azumi/Many enemies (Azumi)
7.Qui-Gon/Maul/Obi-Wan (star wars episode one)
8.Yoda/Dooku/Anakin/Obi-Wan (star wars episode two)
9.Nathan Algren/Katsumoto (last samurai)
10.Pei Mei/Beatrix (kill bill 2)
11.All fight scenes (the matrix trillogy)
12.Daniel-san/??? (Karate Kid)
13.Yu Shu Lien/Xiou Long (CTHD)
14.All fights (drunken master 2)
15.John McClain/Karl (die hard)
16.Rocky/Creed/Clubber Lang (Rocky quintet)
17.Ceaser/Maximus Decimus Aurillius(gladiator)
18.006/007 (goldeneye)
19.Kurt Sloane/Tong Po (kickboxer)
20.John McClaine/Guy on plane (Die Hard 2)
21.Kyle Rees/T800 (Terminator)
22.Robocop/Kane (robocop2)
23.Yulaw/Gabe Law (the one)
24.Lone Wolf/Many enemies (shogun assassin)
25.Ellen Ripley/Alien Queen (aliens)

Jackie Malfoy
I would have to say "Gladiator" and "Star wars" the best battle scences ever made in the history of movies.JM2guns

jaden101
gettysburg
spartacus

phlizmo
The battle of the Warriors and the Baseball Furries was AWESOME!!!!
Lets see.. The end road battle in Road Warrior.. Um, the fight between Obi Wan and Dath Maul in EP1, at least the very first time I saw it.. The fight between Neo and Morpheous in Matrix.. The End Battle in Zulu. Anything in the Kill Bill series.. ANything Bruce Lee has done.. . I know some of these are more fights than battles ... the first battle in Glory. Speaking of Civil War flicks the first battle in Cold Mountain was gritty. the opening of Saving Private Ryan of course.. uh, i quit this is too easy..........Oh how can I forget?! The opening battle in Star Wars! Brings back memories of walking into the theatre late from buying popcorn and hearing Darth Vaders breath filling the theatre.. Those were Good times.. That reminds me, any battle between Florida and James!!

nimbus006
The battle between Achilles and Hector was one of the coolest fight scenes ive seen in movie history, the transition of weapons from spears to swords was awesome... but as for battle scenes i would have to say LOTR Helms Deep was great... Braveheart's first BIG battle was aweome especially the confrontation at the begginining when his freind asks him where are you going and he says " to pick a fight" great line!!

el_barto
Probably Gladiator, The Patriot and Braveheart

Tptmanno1
I've never seen Saving Private Ryan, its on my list though,
and I don't know if this counts but Band of Brother's battles were crazy good. Best I've ever seen.

Lady Ellie
Lord of the Rings ofcourse...Best battles I've ever seen

ms_erupt
Originally posted by nimbus006
The battle between Achilles and Hector was one of the coolest fight scenes ive seen in movie history, the transition of weapons from spears to swords was awesome
I totally agree. I was on edge that whole fight even though I knew that Achilles was going to win because I've read the Illiad. And, just the style of the fight. It was great.

Anyhow, to me the best battle scene is the D-day invasion when their landing on the beaches of Normandy. (It was Normandy, right?) So realistic.

nimbus006
D-day Invasion was great... So was the battle scene in the Last Samurai where the ninjas invade the village that was sick!

newmmz
evil dead 2, bruce campbell fights his severd right hand

dgeniu
Too bad Star Wars isn`t on that list, but anyway LOTR is such a classic! Matrix is also cool. Hooray for the special fx! smart

NinthSith
Star Wars Episode 3 opening space battle will own all.

RaventheOnly
So VERY hard crybaby

Gladiator
LOTR
Star Wars
Braveheart
Patriot

powerfulone1987
This isn't listed but the battle scenes in "The Incredibles" were off the chart.There were awesome.
They did stuff in this movie with CG that have never been done before.

lau_timmy
Kingdom of heaven was great but similar to lord of the rings.

BlazingBarrells
lol star wars opening space battle in revenge of the sith, umm no. sav pri ryan. wins all and helms deep was a doozy too

ZephroCarnelian
LOTR

Where Gimli and Legolas are keeping count at the end of ROTK.

"It still only counts as one!!"

king_arthur
The battle scenes in "The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc" were spectacular. It was both graphic and brutal.

general-pain
Enemy at the gates opening sequences, in particular the suicide charge.

ickeris2003
the lotr's got my attention, very cool battles there. I think you should of added the opening space battle of rots. its so cooooooolllllllll.

general-pain
Very cool.

ariwin
Helm's deep is one of the most amazing things that I've ever seen on film, not going to lie about that.

Personally, I thought some of the fight scenes in sin city were pretty cool as well.

Murray
NOTHING will EVER live up to what LOTR accomplished with it's battle scenes!!!

The most amazingly made films I've ever seen or ever will see!!!

Morbid4Daniel
I picked LOTR. Nothing can beat that. Ever.
Second would've been Troy.

T.M
yeah i say LOTR's the Battle Of Helm's Deep was great. Braveheart is a very close 2nd though yes

Morbid4Daniel
Totally. I cant choose WHICH LOTR battle scene was best, cause they're all good, but.. yeah.

T.M
i would say the best LOTR's battle is Helm's Deep

i didn't like the last one the ghosts made it look silly IMO. It was still good like just not as good as ones from the first and second movie's.

pr1983
Moby Dick...

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by T.M
i would say the best LOTR's battle is Helm's Deep

i didn't like the last one the ghosts made it look silly IMO. It was still good like just not as good as ones from the first and second movie's.
True. Id probably have to go with Helm's deep too. They're all good, but Helm's Deep was great. I loved it when Legolas slid down the stairs.

romper_stomper
the battle between the skinheads and the asians in romper stomper was a pretty good one

T.M
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
True. Id probably have to go with Helm's deep too. They're all good, but Helm's Deep was great. I loved it when Legolas slid down the stairs.

yeah that was fantastic yes

Murray
Oh yeah. You see, the part that everyone looks forward to in the LOTR battles is what cool stunt Legolas is going to do, I mean, I look forward to them!

He's what can make the battle! But, even if he wasn't in the battles, it would still be astonishingly fantastic!

luvanakin
Obviously Lord of the rings,tell me WHY NOT??? Peter Jackson creates stunning battle scenes especially helms deep and pelenor fields.Did you know that it took about a month to film the amazing helms deep? Also dont forget the actors Orlando bloom is sooooooooooo fit inc Viggo big grin

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, all have there good points, depending on what one is looking for in a battle, though I would lean towards LOTR's, just for the character and such of armies (I think it's nice to look anywhere on the screen and see things happening)... although...

I quite liked the space battle in Revenge of the Sith. I know, I know, but I thought it was good.

Murray
Originally posted by luvanakin
Obviously Lord of the rings,tell me WHY NOT??? Peter Jackson creates stunning battle scenes especially helms deep and pelenor fields.Did you know that it took about a month to film the amazing helms deep? Also dont forget the actors Orlando bloom is sooooooooooo fit inc Viggo big grin

Don't mean to be nosey, but Helm's Deep took 4 months of night shooting! Don't mean to be corrective, I just want the truth.

pr1983
as good as lotr is... i cant see em beating the opening from private ryan...

T.M
Originally posted by pr1983
as good as lotr is... i cant see em beating the opening from private ryan...

omg i never even thought about Private Ryan that is like my favourite opening sequence to a movie ever.

king_arthur
Kingdom of heaven had the best battle scenes. The siege of Jerusalem was actually better than Minas Tirith in LOTR. It looked so much realistic and I couldn't even tell if there were any special effects.

gobstakid777
Saving Private Ryan was undoubtedly the best.From your list, I'd say LOTR

wicker_man
The opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, had me paying attention throughout.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>