From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kenshinswife
Me an my friend are in an argument and we wanted to know From final Fantasy eight and final fantasy 10 whose better and why? Please help us out!!

Draco69
Tidus was kinda of an annoying S.O.B. and Squall was completely devoid of a personality. I'm leaning on Tidus because I liked his voice; friendly and likeable.

SaTsuJiN
I liked tidus.. he was such a big support anchor for the rest of the group. Even during the most hopeless times he would cheer or do something silly to brighten the groups spirits... and in the end I think thats why wakka called him a little kid, but he was a very crucial in helping the group meet their task.

squall.. eh... I dunno.. he had no voice, so it was hard to tell his personality.. I like the way he looks though.... I just thought the ff8 story sucked on the whole.. especially with dialogue like "chicken wuss"... sick

Draco69
I agree Satsujin. During the first half of FF8 Squall didn't give a rat's ass about Rinoa. Then suddenly he declares his agonizing love. WTF!? Oh and the enemy was a German sorceress from the future. God knows how they worked that bit in.

Bettyboop
Alright I can see everyone is not like squall but lets point out a few things. Rinoa as sweet and carefree as she was-you can't warm up to a person that quickly-I mean look what's he been through-his past and all that. That gives him a reason to be distance and somewhat cold-
So think about before you completly go to Tidus. Tidus is like a happy go lucky guy who has a few issues in his own past but not as good of a story as squall-
Second Squall gradually warms up to the Rinoa-think about it

I probally spell a few names. Sorry if I did

Bettyboop
I meant not liking squall-duh

Kenshinswife
everybody meet the chump i am arguing with!! BettyBoop!

dark1365
Tidus.

SaTsuJiN
What I think, is that squall fighting with seiffer is just about as much a cliche as tidus being happy-go-lucky (which I truely admire since his dad was such a bastard for no apparent reason... his resiliant happiness is a key personality trait and the reason why I selected him)... squall on the other hand is very square... he smiles.. but you dont feel it like when tidus smiles... maybe it was because of the technology available back then, I dunno.. perhaps a remake could help me identify with the character.

Lord Ryugen
I have to go with Squall, he was better trained, had his own base and small army of SeeD (even though you couldn't use them) and managed to get on my nerves a lot less.

Tilien
Tidus...

Phoenix Aska
Squall

squall was bad ass.

Tidus was a pansy. He cried and was too paranoid. His voice was annoying and I just didn't like the guy very much at all....

Squall had better limit breaks and better weapons too.

In battle one on one Squall would win with his experience as a SeeD member. He also has the limit break Lion Heart which was awesome.

Storm
Squall. The slightly darker, less cheery character seems more deep, more lifelike. Squall was complex, a loner and prefers to be that way.

Kenshinswife
Okay benfit of the doubt Tidus did cry but so what? It was a perfectly good reason.... I mean Look at this he didnt even now how to use his sword and look how good he got right? He had a messed up family background with his mom not even caring about him whenever Jecht left. Then he fell in love and had to leave her because he was a mere Dream...I mean come on rpg's dont get more touching than that...Although Squall had that cool Gun blade..look at Tidus sword that thing is beautiful...and then tidus's appearance is way better than squalls.......Tidus all the way baby!!!! Happy Dance

Maverick2364
Tidus since he has 255 all stats and can play Blitzball. There is also a fun mystery to his background and his connections with Jecht whereas Squall is so intrapersonal that you know little about him.

Dazzler619
Tidus.He is more handsome

pr1983
character wise tidus i suppose...

in a fight squall'd take him apart...

Bettyboop
I'm no chump Kenshin"s wife-anyhow-Tidus is softer of course but way too soft he lets things get to him (I mean crying gesh) Squall is a bit too cold I admit but just as Tidus has had all this stuff happen to him-Squall been through the same-he just took a different route and besides when Rinoa came along that all change-
His limt breaks are better and if you look deep enough the guy's got a heart of gold (Okay maybe not) but he a much better hero then Tidus-you can't be hardass and cool being sweet and soft and crying (Tidus)
But I like his up beat nature sometimes-and no he doesn't look better-look at those pants althrough Squall"s jacket was crazy. (But hot) smokin'

Elektra_lover
Tidus

Silver Stardust
Squall is WAY better than Tidus. Tidus is easily the most annoying video game character I've ever seen. Squall had the whole "I don't want to do this why the **** am I saving the world" badass thing going on, which I liked. They both were unexpectedly turned into heros, but while Tidus is like "okay! Whoohoo!" Squall really didn't want that role. Overall Squall is the more realistic the two. Plus that scar...gotta love it.

I think the bit with Ultimecia saying everything with k's instead of c's is supposed to represent her having an accent, since they don't actually have voices. Though I'd have to say "KURSE YOU!!!" is pretty damn funny laughing out loud

Robo-Chocobo
squall. I hate FF8 A TON. but I hate 10 more. besides squall did a cool beach landing, and looks down at a map, looks up, and then goes into the lander. then the lander goes STRAIT over a head wall, while all these other wusses go around.

Phoenix Aska
Squall almost died once when he was stabbed with the icile thing too!

He's pretty tough...

Robo-Chocobo
for a girly man with a gun attached to a sword.

It's like : what is it- a gun or a sword?

plus hte magic system and monster level average system was lame.

Lord Ryugen
There were a few problems with VIII I'll admit, the junction system was annoying, you had to wait to get paid and Squall's conversational skills left something to be desired. But Tidus was an absolute wuss. Look I've got nothing against the guy crying but he was also whiny, stupid and annoying. The fact that most of his team were just as bad didn't help matters either. and the Sphere System *shudders* terrible.

Kenshinswife
I think the sphere grid was awesome the fact you cab turn your character into anytime of fighter was magnificent...Tidus is not a wuss just kinda of(cough, cough) Punkish thats all....But he was a magnificent fighter when it got towards the end..and Yuna was and is the Best of all the other final fantasy games(Yuna, Rikku) The fact that she can summon those awesome aeons was greatttttt!!!!!!

Draco69
Tidus just had some major daddy issues that's all. Not everybody can repress all their darkest thoughts and memories into a tight ball like Squall did.

I thought the Sphere Grid was the best character development system since Final Fantasy VII's Materia system. You could develop your character however you wanted. Final Fantasy VII's Junction System was easy to master but inconsistent. For example if you junctioned the spell Regen to your vitality stat, everytime you use the spell during a battle your vitality would gradually decrease. It was a flawed system to say the best. Heck, to be honest I almost never used magic during battles. I just used physical attacks and the extremely long GF summons.

pr1983
why did i say tidus? squall is easily a better character, more depth, and survived edea sticking a big f*ckin ice thingy through his chest...

i just want to slap tidus... repeatedly... with a large blunt object...

ArthasKnight
Squall's a lot like me: very quiet and not really a group person. But he's strong nonetheless and everyone looks to him for strength and courage. Tidus just strikes me as a cheerleader, so he annoys me. Squall's better.

Bettyboop
Thank you-finally someone said it right. Squall is way better then tidus smokin'

Draco69
Tidus' personality was as normal as anybody else. Squall was a little messed up in my opinion.

And you're all wrong! Seifer Almasy was way better than Tidus and Squall. evil face

Bettyboop
Hey seifer was pretty cool a nice badass I have to admit. You just might be right-but to me they were pretty even up Squall and Seifer-but Seifer just really didn't give a damn who he hurt.

AdventChild
Squallrock
By far is the better character i mean come on..... He's better looking... He's stronger.... He's cooler..... He's tougher.....his personality was more in detail, his weapon is way cooler and better, his limit breaks were way better than Tidus's, he has a cooler name, his outfit is better looking, his chain is better looking, he would kid Tidus's A$$ any day, and I like Squall better, that's what makes him better, cooler, and superior to Tidus..... Happy Dance

Storm
laughing

Kenshinswife
you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong Tidus is waaaaaaaaaaay better looking than squall...and who the F#ck names their child "sQUALL" WTF...and he is not cooler than tidus!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tidus chains were.......No words can explain...Tidus is by far better than squall...I mean look at him he so sexy with that beautiful smile(no scars included) the only person that was maybe better than tidus was cloud thats it! Tidus knew how to handle his problems even if it was by being happy all the time and i think thats what makes him so great..unlike the same repeatitive character instead being the silent type he was all ways making the burdens a little less painful...and tidus's long sword was magnificent.......and i mean Tidus cried how many Guys do that!!! That was wonderful!!!! I mean the whole thing was just by far one of the greatest games!!!!!!!!

Maverick2364
Are we gonna turn this into a who was better Seifer or Seymour and Yevin now?

SaTsuJiN
.. thats not really why you elect a character as being better... but whatever..

AdventChild
noooo ...Kenshinswife ur the one that is wrong.... the whole ffX game was bad...and having such a weak person to be the main character.... i mean he whines through the whole game....Squall in the other hand handled himself pretty well considering his past.. and he's alot more mature than Tidus character was soooo yea i mean come on Tidus whined about hating his dad through half the game....

Kenshinswife
omg how can you say that ffx was bad that was a incredible game...Tidus was not weak.... yea it took him a while to learn to use his sword but come on give him the benifit of the doubt he was a blitzball player hand work wasnt required....and he still learned how to master his longsword...and of course he whined about his dad through half the game i mean look at his situation...and i mean i understand that squall handled himself pretty good or what not but so have many other ff characters Tidus was like a revoultion...The carefree type..and tidus wasnt as much of a punk as you guys making him out to seem.he handled things pretty well considering the fact that he couldnt be with Yuna because he was a dream that the faiths had..The whole game was perfect it couldnt have worked out better....then plus it came out with a sequal that wasnt as great as part one but definetly was worth the cash Tidus and his Crew Revolutionized SQUARE ENIX (squall didnt)

Maverick2364
Ok I'm going to interdict on Tidus's behalf since Kenshin isn't doing a very good job defending him. Basically FF-X was not just awesome for its Sphere grid enabling you to choose what abilities you want your character to learn and not have to junction like FF8. Tidus proved his worth by following his heart when he was with Yuna. Sure he started out as a crybaby, but that is because his father vanished 10 years ago without a trace leaving him alone. That would bug me a little bit too. Squall is too intropersonal and you learn very little about his past. He also isolated his feelings from Rinoa and then pulls a 180 when they go to space and she is posessed and is suddenly in love? Tidus also stood up and lead everyone in the most difficult times while people turned to Squall and designated him a leader.

Combat-wise I prefer Tidus's speed and his 255 stats I gave him from training. The max level of 100 in FF8 was too simple. Both characters have their advantages and disadvantages.

SaTsuJiN
Exactly.. this is sortof like comparing vin diesel.. with someone who actually knows how to act...

Bettyboop
Okay here we go again with Squall and the love thing. Squall is a loner by nature and duh we know he is a bit cold-so some people are-that's what makes him special. Tidus on the other hand is just like any hero-at least to me he is. -Squall is just so much more mysterious-knowing such little stuff about his past is what draws you to him in the first place-yeah I can understand that you think it was crazy for him to suddenly fall for Rinoa-but you forget-that it wasn't really sudden-I mean certain parts of the game Squall was thinking of her-trying to figure her out-and what not- It wasn't just sudden-
Second it really isn't about the love story it's about the character-in general-
And third-people like Squall for his distance ways while others like Tidus for his warmer ways-understandable-stop pointing out the obvious through-gesh

Draco69
Tidus, because he could perform Blitz Ace with 99, 999 damage per hit.

Bettyboop
Also must point out-why would Squall tell his feelings about Rinoa if he was a loner anyhow-

Draco69
I never liked Rinoa. Whiny, self-absorbed, clingy; all the traits I dislike in a person

Kenshinswife
How is Tidus just like any other character?!? In almost every game you can find a character like squall...Ignorant to their past...."i dont want to let no one in" type of Character in almost every game! Gaurantee! "Mysterious" or ignorant anyone you... perfer is old! I mean bad things happen but life goes on! That what makes Tidus so unique!! And the love story makes up a big percentage of the Character! Okay and for the benifit of the doubt you are right about your third point i guess...

AdventChild
Tide+us= People with clean clothes...... big grin stick out tongue

ArthasKnight
Like several people have said before, it takes time to get through to someone like Squall. And it didn't happen in space, he loved her when she went unconscious 'cause he realized he was a wreck without her. He wasn't suddenly in love, it built up over time and finally he realized "Hey, I love this girl." Things like that don't happen overnight. And for the record, the sphere grid was the worst idea ever in a FF game. Squall rules and Tidus is an idiot.

Draco69
Sphere Grid rules! It was simple and powerful.

AdventChild
sphere grid sucked....i'm with arthas..i mean what he just said is true

Kenshinswife
the sphere grid was awesome....It didnt take Tidus forever and a day to find out he loved Yuna...So i dont really think Tidus would be the Idiot in this situation....Tidus is It and squall is.......spit! laughing

Draco69
The Sphere Grid allowed you to develop your characters into anyway you want. Yuna could be fighter. Lulu could be a thief. Auron could be a white mage. It was much better than the previous level-up systems. When I finished the game all my characters had 255 for all their stats (except luck and evasion).

The opinions on Squall and Tidus are subjective. A person's personalities reflect their opinions. Perhaps a lot of people didn't like Tidus because he was an jock and had a free spirit.

Kenshinswife
i...guess..your...kinda..right...sorta...But Tidus was Great!!! I dont like squall because he is like the average video game character except with a little salt on top...so repeatative but Tidus is fresh meat not too many characters like him...

Phoenix Aska
I hate Tidus and I'm glad he died...

Squall could own Tidus without even trying...

Lord Ryugen
The love story between Squall and Rinoa isn't an overnight thing. For most of his life Squall shut himself away from the world because the people who meant the most to him had dissapeared and he was terrified of of being hurt like that. Rinoa was the only person to challenge him in years. The qthers gave half hearted attempts but Rinoa constantly challenges him through the first and part of the second disc. For the first time Squall was looking at a person completley opposite to him. A person who defined her existance through her friends. By the end of disc 2 Squall realises that he can't continue without her so he picks her up, puts her on his back and walks to Esther. When she becomes a Sorceress not only does he save her from being launched into space, he says he's willing to kill anyone for her if she turns evil. The story is pretty deep if you look at it.

Maverick2364
If you've ever actually played FFX you would know that the Sphere Grid was awesome. Nothing beats teaching characters abilities by making spheres to raise stats and teach them abilities you want them to. Thanks to the Sphere Grid I was able to max out everyone's stats big grin

Tidus was no idiot. granted he had his fair share of times, but when something was wrong or something happened he didn't like, he questioned why. Tidus tried to make things better for everyone while still being selfless to Yuna's feelings. His bravery far exceeded anything Squall faced. Squall just rolled with everything and kept all of his thoughts to himself.

I have him doing 99,999 on any type of hitbig grin

Kenshinswife
What else is so great about ffx is that it came out with a sequel....and Tidus comes Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance
And he is sooooooo worth it!!!!
Anything for tidus!

Lord Ryugen
I have played FFX, I owned it since it came out and the sphere system is not a good idea, just like the junction system wasn't. They were both innotave concepts but X's sphere grid is useless unless you have an almost unlimited amount of paitience. VIII's junction system restricted the use of magic. Both are good ideas on paper but really knock down the amount of customers when implemented.

And yes I realise that Tidus did have stand out qualities. But he was also a whiner, (though considering his circumstance he did have just cause.) He did many stupid things, at certain points it was like watching a child. His personality grated on me and becaause of that I couldn't relate to him. He is a perfect stereotype of a surfer jock (blonde hair, tanned skin, all optimisim and no brains.) For these reasons I will always choose Squall as his superior and Cloud as the Greatest FF hero of all.

Kenshinswife
In my opinion, Yes cloud is the best ff chracter so far but Squall can NEVER be superior to Tidus NEVER!! EVER EVER NEVER

AdventChild
i agree Cloud is the best FF hero of all.. nothing even comes close to him.. But i mean come on.... Playstation needed to come out with something new so they came out with the sphere grid which really doesn't make much sense in making and the only reason why the attacks were 99.999 was because since it was on a new console they thought they should change it but it wasn't a good idea. Physical traits Squall wins..... Fighting wise-Squall wins..... Appearance-Squall wins... Personality traits- Squall wins.... Storyline between the games- FF8 wins... Characters- FF8 wins... Name wise-Tidus wins....overall Squall is still a better character....

Maverick2364
Good point!

Kenshinswife
no no no no lets try that again
Fightingwise i will give that to squall
Appearance is tidus all the way
Personality there is no way in hell the that squall would have that over tidus
the story line is waaaaaaaay better in ffx
Characters no way there is tidus, Yuna, wakka, lulu Rikku hell no ff8 had anything over it
All in all Tidus is the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance love cool

Draco69
To Advent Child :

You thought FF8'S story was BETTER than FF10's?!

What the f**k?

Kenshinswife
No way in hell!!!

JKozzy
As characters, I must go with Squall. Why? His personality is much deeper than that of Tidus's. Tidus is a whiny jock. And sure, jocks can love too. It seems that Tidus has a good heart and everything, which is all nice when said and done, but Squall's personality is much deeper. When playing each game, you obviously have to learn about the characters. With Tidus, you immediately can tell that his personality is that of a stereotype, already. A do-gooder jock who falls in love with the woman who is going to die to save the world. Tragic, yes. But Squall; he starts off battling his nemesis, who ends up becoming an agent of evil very early into the game. Squall seems heartless at first, and obviously is a loner. But why? You have to play the game to actually find out.

Rinoa comes in on a mission, he doesn't expect to fall in love with her, so he doesn't. He tries to push her away, because there's something more to him that makes him not want to get into a relationship with her. Tidus is just full-blown hornball and wants to get closer to her, and he eventually does. There's no fun in that, plus it was hardly as entertaining or rewarding as controlling Squall was. Squall had been an orphan, and his past comes back to him. To haunt, or to confront? Who knows. You still have to keep playing to uncover more about Squall. Even with Tidus, the plot twist that Sin is Jecht, that comes very, very early on. Too early, I think.

X's story might have made more sense to some people, and may be better. VIII's story was a bit confusing, I'll give it that. But this debate isn't about the story, it's about the characters. I think Squall had more to offer, gameplay-wise, and personality-wise. And if they fought, Squall could shoot Tidus before he ripped him to shreads with his gunblade.

Kenshinswife, you offer no argument for Tidus, other than a fangirl's "Ooh, squee, I love Tidus!" Appearence hardly has to do anything with the factor in choosing the better character. But if that's what you're into, Tidus's pants also sucked. They were half-cut on one side, lopsided and uneven. Squall's black attire and gunblade definately makes him look much more badass.

Kenshinswife
okay lets get something staraight....you can find a chracter like squall in every game dont you think? There is always a character(i could have sworn i said this before) like him.."Mysterious" with some type of Bad

Draco69
Like I said before Video gamers do not like jocks. Jocks and video gamers do not and will never mix.

JKozzy
No, I don't think. There is not always a character that's mysterious. Sometimes, yes, there is. But that character is better, because as your knowledge of the character grows, the character usually grows as well. Squall's story, past and present, were executed near-perfectly.

With X-2, Tidus should have stayed dead. Technically, he still IS dead, but he's in a tangible form. X-2 ruined the tragic ending of X, while we're on the subject. Not necessarily. But Tidus was a poorly conceived one, so yes, some video gamers don't like Tidus.

Draco69
I hated X-2's story. "Let's sing and dance to bring an evil menace to justice!" Please! I liked the battle system though.

I liked both Tidus AND Squall. I just felt that Tidus was more human than Squall. He had issues everyone could relate to.

Kenshinswife
sorry i didnt finish what i was saying...okay lets get something staraight....you can find a chracter like squall in every game dont you think? There is always a character(i could have sworn i said this before) like him.."Mysterious" with some type of Bad past that keeps him from loving or letting anyone in....I mean come on in every anime or in most games....there is always one....but so what Life goes on! Second, Your making me sound like i am being artificial and i am not...Yes squall would probably kick TIDUS ASS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT (maybe a little) but that doesnt make him a better character...Tidus may be a jock and whatever but so what! You automtically judge him because of that..and thats not fair! Tidus was just a deep as squall but he had a diffrent way of dealing with it...and he was not a hornball...he could have gotten any girl he wanted...but he chose Yuna because she was the most like him and she understood and tidus likewise...Yes i think Tidus is cute, but that doesnt change the way i feel about him as a character....

Kenshinswife
Who cares if he's a jock or not....a person is a person regaurdless and if thats the case you are stereotyping.....
FYI: Tidus pants are way cool
Squalls jacket looks hideous with that pathetic fluff on top

JKozzy
I don't understand how a jacket can look homosexual. Are you 12? confused

Not a hornball at all...

I hardly talked about them fighting each other, though it seems all you care about is clothes, looks, and fighting. You say that I'm stereotyping, well it's hard to stereotype when he IS one. And a whiny, annoying one at that. I CAN say that, because I have played through both games several times, and feel that Squall has a much deeper personality than Tidus.

Kenshinswife
Draco you have a point there...that singing bullcrap could have been left out but....the storyline was good...not as good as x though... the simple fact that Rikku dies was awesome

Kenshinswife
My bad i didnt mean to say gay thats why i changed it...lol

JKozzy
Uh... Rikku doesn't die.

Draco69
She didn't die! Although I really wish she did!

Kenshinswife
yes she does...

Kenshinswife
It depends on how you play...i beat the game twice if you get all 100 percentage she doesnt and you get to fight seymour once again and if you get any less than that she dies pain kills her trying to kill yuna rikku jumps in the way and you fight her...(pain goes evil)

JKozzy
NO, she doesn't. That's bullshit. I've completed it on 100% and all you get in addition to the Good Ending is a scene between Tidus and Yuna in realtime, about will he stay and whatnot. Keep your fangirl ideas out of the thread, we only need facts.

Kenshinswife
did you read what i just put ..Pain was trying to kill Yuna and Rikku jumps in the way and thats how she dies....

Kenshinswife
that is a fact cause not only did it happen to me it happened to the boy i borrowed it from.....so i guess you have to try it again...

Draco69
What!? That never happened. Are sure this isn't from a fan fiction story or something to that nature.

PS: That would be SO cool if that happened! Paine finally got tired of Yuna's whining and Rikku's helium voice. That would be the best ending ever!

Kenshinswife
lol.......i know it does....i am not delusional...i know that it wasnt a fanfic...i am positive...so you didnt have to fight Paine in your game?

JKozzy
Ah, yes, the boy you borrowed it from. Now I definately believe you. My sincerest apologies for doubting you..

Kenshinswife
lol

JKozzy
You fight all of your characters in the cave (Den of Woe) as Yuna if that's what you're thinking of. But those are just memories, you don't actually kill them. Sorry your hopes were up.

Other than that, you didn't kill Rikku. Why? I think more people than you and "the boy you borrowed it from" would find this. It'd be on GameFAQs.com and many other websites. The 'bringing back Aerith/Aeris" rumor's made it to many sites, although false. I don't see your information anywhere, in fact or fiction.

Draco69
You must mean the Den of Woe in the Youth League Headquarters. Yuna had to fight Paine and Rikku because they were possessed. But Rikku never died though.

dave123
laughing out loud It's like being in the OTF roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kenshinswife
give me a sec i will go play that scene right now.....i think you're rightt...wait..i think i am getting confused one sec...

JKozzy
Yes, with rumors ruling as truth. Quite sad. Anything you can do about it, almighty Mod? pray

dave123
meh, at least it's about final fantasy.... so it's slightly on topic stick out tongue

do you WANT me to do something about it? eek!

JKozzy
What can you do about it? 1eye

Kenshinswife
you are right...for a change...
she doesnt die.... waaaaaaaayy confused with another game......

JKozzy
Yes, waaaaaaaayy confused yes

dave123
tell you to keep the hell on topic scumbags mad or I'm gonna go all closey on your asses droolio

JKozzy
That did the trick, I think! Good going, Mod. happy

What's YOUR opinion on this issue, Spencer? Have one? stick out tongue

dave123
which issue... the original one or one of the many tangents we've run off on? stick out tongue

JKozzy
Hm... start with the tangents, and bring it on-topic with the original one: Squall vs Tidus yes

dave123
The hell am I commenting on all your random stuff stick out tongue

Anyone that can summon is the best love Tidus couldn't do shite.... Squall had an army of GF's wink

JKozzy
laughing out loud

There we go! The mod has spoken! Squall wins! Closey stick out tongue

Draco69
What?!

Havoc470
why only those two? theres a ton of more interesting ff characters, a few i thought were great were mostly from ff3 and ff4, like edgar, sabin, shadow, cyan, cecil, kain, and yang

Kenshinswife
whatever, Tidus remains superior to squall

Kenshinswife
Those are good characters you named havoc but..they have squat on Tidus

JKozzy
In your opinion.

Kenshinswife
Yes in my opinion....

Maverick2364
Kenshinswife you have done a horrible job trying to defend Tidus. JKoz does have a point about him being a whiney jock because that's exactly what he IS. Squall is too smart and more concerned with his objectives to complain about everything.

dave123
did he complain about a lump of ice in his chest..... hell no! mad

Tidus would have been like "boo-hoo, someone throw me a Phoenix down" stick out tongue

Kenshinswife
wow- i feel like crap where is the reinforcements?

Kenshinswife
lol

Draco69
Tidus was normal. Squall had serious issues when it came to his past.

Maverick2364
LOL! laughing

JKozzy
To this day, I wonder why Squall didn't like... DIE from that messed I look to video games for things other than normality.

Maverick2364
Everyone has issues. Squall was more realistic, you'd expect someone to be more quiet and wise who was from an orphanage. He handled his emotions earnestly. Tidus was abandoned by Jecht ten years ago and wound up hating him, but he remained outgoing and didn't let it bother him. I wouldn't say either of them had serious issues/reactions from it.

dave123
yeah, but look at Biggs and Wedge.... they can take a smack from Ifrit's boulder thingy... so I guess the game is *kinda* unrealistic stick out tongue

Maverick2364
I really didn't like how Biggs and Wedge were in multiple FF games. Who'd expect them to wind up as security guards at Luca Stadium in FFX?messed

Havoc470
imo tidus is the worst main character in the whole final fantasy series

JKozzy
But dude. Ice. through the CHEST!! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/1273/edea5wa.jpg http://img83.exs.cx/img83/7516/ow8sk.jpg

Kenshinswife
i have to hand it to ya nice pic

dave123
he must have had it so he absorbed health from ice attacks ninja

Havoc470
not only that biggs and wedge ALWAYS come back lol

Maverick2364
Sharp ice shard and a long fall... boulder of fire... what's the difference?

Havoc470
i lost you there maverick

JKozzy
Ifrit's summon attack in FF8 was a giant flaming boulder, dave123 compared it to Squall's ice mishap.

Maverick2364
Dave and Jkoz were talking about Squall getting the ice shard through his heart and Biggs and Wedge getting hit by Ifrit's flaming boulder.

So I was comparing the two.

As Jkoz just said

Havoc470
alright im back on track, thanks for clearing that up

Maverick2364
yeah getting back on topic... Squall winssmile

Havoc470
no doubt about that

dave123
pfft, tidus couldn't even take an ice cube to the head stick out tongue

JKozzy
He clearly can't yes

Draco69
Pff. For God's sake they're both good characters. No one is better than the other. One's personality reflects ones opinions. Most gamers reflect upon Squall because he's quiet, reserved and unemotional. Tidus is a stereotypical jock. Gamers don't like Jocks. Jocks make fun of them. Squall is the better character in their minds. Some people like Tidus because he has an avid personality and is easy to relate to and like. The majority of male video game characters are cool, quiet and reserved. It's called psychological marketing.

I like both characters equally. They both have their flaws and they both have their strengths.

dave123
we don't have jocks in Engerland....

Draco69
You mean England? I've never been there. Aren't there rugby jocks though?

dave123
nope stick out tongue

Rugby is a good game, unlike American Football roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
Don't dock football. England's rugby and America's football will forever be at odds with each other. Too bad the latter is MUCH more popular than the former. But that's going off topic.

dave123
Rugby is to football as Sqaull is to tidus stick out tongue

Draco69
Football is to rugby as Bill Gates is to homeless guy on Manhattan Ave.

Maverick2364
Cheers stick out tongue

Draco69
??? Traitor!

Maverick2364
My apologies, thought he meant as Tidus is to Squall, oh wellmessed

Draco69
S'okay.

Kenshinswife
okay..how did you guys go from tidus and squal to football and rugby to analogies?

AdventChild
Squall is still better...

JKozzy
yes

Phoenix Aska
In almost every scence Squall was bad ass. Like during the beginning of the game when Squall was sparring ith Seifer.

Draco69
Seifer rocks! rock

Phoenix Aska
Yeah Seifer was pretty kool!

He was weak though...you should of been able to have him on your team...

SaTsuJiN
so far I've seen no legitiment reason as to why squall is better... most posts are the usual "CUZ HE"S THE COOOLEST!!!11!!!! AND HE'S COOL TOO! rock "... :sigh:..
only things Ive noticed about squall are...
Typical quiet-guy mood... check
Acts like his past was so horrific.. check
Stupid flaky love interest (whom he isnt interested in til the game is nearly over) .. check
Possibly the stupidest weapon ever concieved by square.. check
Typical japanese outfit choice .. (leather bomber and jeans) check..

and oh wow.. he took an icicle to the chest... .. yet he was probably up and about like nothing happened in the next scene.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Phoenix Aska
uhhmm in the next scene Squall was taken prisoner in an attempt of torture with electrical shocks to see what SeeD was about and why he was after Edia..

Draco69
And he passed out like a hooker on a barbiturates.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. did the icicle melt by then?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>