Battlestar Galactica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

matchbox
I watch it on Sky and i think the show is really good and **different**!!!

I like different!

I think the whole cylons as humans thing is ok, but it has really good drama and it is not all about been in space and on the run. Its more about been a survior, and staying alive. I like it

Am i alone in my liking of this show?

Mr Zero
Much as i hate to admit this - I've been watching this new "re-imagining" of BSG and it's oddly good.

Dark, gritty and bleak bleak bleak... not what I expected at all... I'm not "hooked" or a fan: but I'm tuning in every week and enjoying the hell out of it.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that we are getting it in the Uk before the USA. Makes a nice change...

Red Superfly
Seen the ads for it, and I want to see it, it looks brilliant.

A cross between Star Wars and Stargate SG1, on first appearances, it's got my attention already.

matchbox
its good, but it is a bit early to be hucked on it, just yet. the storys are taking shape and it has a few good ideas.

its not so much about been in space as you would exspect. it kind of has the same sence of humor as stargate, but it needs to establish the characters before it can really get into eveyrthing.

vagaryatwill
I really want to see this. It's airing on sci fi in January and I can hardly wait. I'm getting an idea of the storyline, but I'm trying not to spoil myself too much. I hear the space battles are pretty intense? The mini-series was pretty cool...hoping they might re-air before the series starts...maybe around the time of Earthsea.

matchbox
the whole show is really 'rough'. there is alot of steady-cam and handy-cam shooting. The battle scenes are good, but it has some decent acting in it as well!

ariwin
I LOVED the bsg miniseries. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I think the cross b/w star wars and star gate is fair.

Scifi's really hitting this stuff on the money. Looks like Earthsea's going to be incredible as well.

matchbox
whats this earthsea that everyone is talking about?

vagaryatwill
Earthsea is a miniseries that's coming out in December. Remember the books by Ursala Le Guin? They are some good ones....check this trailer that was just released. It's pretty sweet.

link

I hear the camera work is kinda unique in BSG. I'm digging that. Can't wait to see it.

matchbox
yeah the camera work is like constantyl moving and 'rough', gives the show a good look!

vagaryatwill
Cool. You don't see a whole lot of stuff out there right now that break from the norm with the unique camera work. Should be interesting. Did you ever see old episodes of the original from the 70s? I haven't, but just curious how they compare to the new one.

did you check out that Earthsea stuff?

matchbox

ariwin
Earthsea looks great -- not only is it loaded w/ A class actors but it doesn't look like sci fi spared an expense to make this.

I have my calender marked (literally) to see this...

vagaryatwill
Any idea where I can find a clip or two of either of the first two eps of Battlestar? I'm not trying to give myself too much, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little sneak peak.

Mr Zero
The old BSG was beyond crappy. It's almost unwatchable. The new BSG is done in an almost documentary style way with lots of long takes and unsteady camera work.

Warning: Its not action - packed, it's all about character and pressure. No background music, lots of drama. Its getting better and better. Much as it pains me to say so I think it's the best sci-fi Tv show Ive seen in years.

Red Superfly
Holy cow, this show really exceeded my expectations.

You can tell the budget is a bit, erm, "budgetty", but the show itself is very good. Brilliant characters, cool story.

vagaryatwill
Well that's encouraging that you say it may be the best sci fi show you've seen in a while. Glad the sci fi channel is getting it over here. I think they've done pretty well with most of their recent stuff. With BSG and the Earthsea miniseries coming up, guess the trend will remain.

I havent' heard BSG described as a documentary. That's interesting. Can't wait to check it out. BTW, how do you like the character change of Starbuck?

matchbox
i think its just going to turn into a jack/sam thing like in stargate, between her and apollo. cos they are both in the milatry and they are not meant to have relationships with their officers.

vagaryatwill
true. could be.

How much of the ship have you seen in the first 4 eps? Just wondering how that looks in the new series.

matchbox
very little of the actually ship from the extrior, its alot more about the people inside the ship. but looks alright basically.

vagaryatwill
cool. Well I saw some concept art of both ships, from the old and new series. Just was wondering about the differences. Doesn't seem like there is much to tell yet, but I imagine that'll change as time goes on. I realized they are spending a lot of time on the story and characters right now, which is cool. Will be cooler when I get a chance to finally see it all.

kanis
alien The new looking fighters are much better and you guys are right about the camera angles are quite good but I'm still not used to starbuck being a woman , because the original starbuck was a womanizer and I like the madame president. But I can't wait for tonights episode.

vagaryatwill
I think it'll be interesting to see Starbuck as a woman....but yeah, I think it might take an episode to get used to. so jealous you guys are seeing another ep tonight.

kanis
alien That episode was great, they must be pretty good actors to not see the number eight woman who's talking to baltar in front of them. And will cylon boomer be found out.

vagaryatwill
Are the episodes being set up to totally throw you off? Sounds like there's still a decent amount left untold up to this point. I like that.

kanis
alien Do you think Helo will ever get off Cylon occupied Caprica and that cylon woman really did a number on Boomer diden't she and will balter ever finish is device. Adama diden't take crap off that woman.

vagaryatwill
Wish I could tell you. I'm still waiting to see the series. Doesn't start until January. but I'm waiting patiently. How was the last ep?

darktim1
The new season should be a good one .

ariwin
It should definately be a good one -- especially since i've been reading so many good reviews.

Anyone know if Sci Fi is showing the mini series before the new series??

Would like to watch as refresher.

kanis
alien Did anyone watch the episode on monday night Baltar sure got shown who's the boss.

vagaryatwill
Kanis, you seem to be the only one who is lucky enough to have seen the eps so far. Care to right up a reveiw so far about what you've seen for those of us who are still waiting. I know I'm interested to know as much as I can about what you've seen so far. but keep the spoilers to a minimum, please smile

kanis
alien Well the galactica like the original series leads the fleet to find earth while the cylons led by number six and the new cylon infiltrators try to stop them by disrupting the crew and trying to destroy the ship. You've heard the changes like Starbuck & boomer and the president the special effects are much better with the cylon ships and the colonial ships but certain things have been kept the same.

vagaryatwill
Cool. thanks for the review. What you said is pretty much right on with what I've heard so far. Sounds like a fun show to watch. I'm hoping the special effects are going to be cool. I've heard that there have not been too many battle scenes up to this point, but I imagine that will change as the eps play out. Do you think?

you know Earthsea starts next week. you might be into that....

Scarpa
The original siries was utter crap I havent seen the new stuff yet.

kanis
alien I hope so their was a pretty good torture scene in last monday's episode but I agree that their should be more space battles with the cylons than playing mind games. Anyway what is Earthsea vargaryatwill.
I disagree the old series of galactica was good for its age, it had good plot lines and strong characters.

vagaryatwill
Kan - Earthsea is a miniseries that's going to be on tonight and tomorrow night on sci fi. It's based off the old book series that was really good. It's about fantasy and wizardry, kinda similar to LOTR and Harry potter. Check it here. earthsea

kanis
alien It looks interesting I will try and watch it tonight.

vagaryatwill
I ordered the old BSG series dvd the other day. Looking foward to gettin that in the mail right before the new series starts

kanis
alien So the new series of BSG hasn't started in the US yet. Its strange that, you guys normally get the new series first before we do.

viperthree
We still have like 20 days before it starts here. messed

Ushgarak
It's paused for Christmas here right now. But without a doubt, this is the best new sci-fi in a long time.

Basically it seems to have been written by a load of original Battlestar Galactica fans who have grown up very cynical and also aware of the weakeness of US sci-fi in that period (vis a vis almost non existent continuity and/or decent plots). The result is an intelligent, bleak, well-written, well acted sci-fi that so far has not outdone its own ambition. Highly recommended.

Their excuse for Starbuck not being a woman is perfect btw- that no-one could ever, EVER replace Dirk Benedict, so the only option was to totally re-do the character.

vagaryatwill
Yeah, we've still got a little bit of time here. Not too much longer though. It is kinda strange that we got the series after you all, but I think it had something to do with the financing of it and how sky helped out. It's on sky there, right?

kanis
alien But don't you think that it is worth the wait.

vagaryatwill
Oh, I think it'll be well worth the wait. It's just taken all I have not to read too many spoilers I've found. It gives me something to look forward to having to wait it out. I've been occupied with some other shows this fall anyway, so a fresh BSG in january will be nice.

kanis
alien Well I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have.

vagaryatwill
I think it starts here on January 14 or 15th...I think the 14th. When does it resume for you guys?

kanis
alien Well I'm not sure, we have an episode this monday and a another one the following monday which will be a two parter to end the first season and I'm not sure when it comes back next year.

vagaryatwill
I had no idea why that was the reason they decided to make Starbuck a girl. I guess I never knew why. I always thought that was an interesting decision but it seems to have worked out well.

egeek
I just turned on the TV and what did I see, a colonial viper fighting Wing Commander style Dralthi fighters. I nearly turned it off and then I saw that it was the new BSG series.

I thought the storyline was quite interesting, some twists, better plot development, but what a radical change in the main characters. It was interesting to see that they decided to go with females for the characters of Starbuck and Boomer. But what's with the estrogen all over the ship? Is the network trying to develop a good story or are they interested in the sex ratings quotient? I admit I like the madam President angle to balance the Cmdr Adama's flex the male muscle in time of need vs reason that the President seems to bring.

So what's next? I am looking for spoilers to read as I don't have the Space Network and wonder if this series will convert the purist, have other ppl other than space-adventure junkies watching or just a new breed of BSG fans.

finti
Saw that show was about to premiere the 15 of January(USA), been a long time Ive seen a really good sci fi show, hope it is good .............and I hope it will come to Norway like kind of real quick

finti
sorry didnt see the other thread about Battlestar galactica, please merge trhis one with that one

vagaryatwill
As I'm sure you've already found out from the other thread, it's been over in the UK for a while. How soon do you guys get stuff like this in comparrison to the US and UK? Anyway, show should be good. I'm watching on Friday.

finti
well as for X files , 24 hours and Friends Norway were actually ahead of UK. Most shows dont get picked that fast though

vagaryatwill
I can't imagine that it would be delayed for you guys much longer, especially if it starts here on Friday. Did you happen to catch any of the miniseries....was that aired over there recently?

finti
no BSG stuff so far, guess it aint populare enough

vagaryatwill
sorry to hear it. Oh well, maybe with the US seeing it tonight and on, it'll gain more popularity.

vagaryatwill
so did anybody watch? I liked it a lot. Can't believe I finally can talk about it...really. I like the Starbuck change. Story looks like it's going to be nice too.

Raz
It's been a very long time since I've actually followed a series, but after watching a few episodes recently, I've really begun to enjoy this.

Only problem being, you need to watch the original miniseries to understand the whole basis of the show. The intro isn't long enough.

I've also been reading that they've commission a second series.

darthfirerock
i'm quite impressed with the episodes so far. i never watched the original mini series(always thought the stories were crap in the original bsg so i didn't care about this one) until recently. you really get a feeling of drama, and tenseness that other sci fi shows have lacked for far too long.
the only thing i can see as a problem in future episodes is i hope they don't dig a hole they can't get out of if this series goes on, b/c of limited supplies.

Raz
Good news, new series has been commissioned big grin

http://scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30357

FallenArchAngel
Battlestar is really cool. Boomer is the greatest character I thought it was cool when she shot Adama. I hope he's dead I have always hated that Adama, but know he is going to survive it's just the way it goes.

Darth Plagueis
*bump* This is the best damn show on TV!!! and nobody here has wanted to talk about it in weeks???!!!!

kanis
alien Did you see that though she unloaded the entire pistol into him I disagree I don't think he will survive and the new adama is much better than the original BSG adama.

Jedi_Snake
Adama must survive!!!!!!!!! heh...this is one of my favorite shows!!! hmmm...still seems weird that a cylon is pregnant...heh...weird...the Cylons are coming the cylons are coming!!!!!

kanis
alien Even though she is a cylon she is a organic cylon and that is the plane and we have to wonder what will starbuck do with boomer know she knows she is a cylon.

Jedi_Snake
poor Boomers....silly meatbags....

Fëanor
well...from what the final ep showed...i think boomer is obviously bringing in a new hybrid of human and cylon - cyman?? stick out tongue prolly watched and cared for by baltar.

and adama is coming back next season

kanis
alien Cool.

Big_Daddy2
When does Season 2 start you guys? Season 1 left on such a high note, I can't wait to see where Adama stands and what happens to Boomer.

got2envy
The second season starts on July12th It's gonna be awesome.The cylons are kicking butt robot

MC Mike
I just ordered the miniseries and will order Season One soon as it's out.

Love this show!

kanis
starwars that's gotta be july the 12th in america.

MC Mike
Bump...

My favorite show of all time. Period.

kanis
borg And now its back in all its glory, but I wish they had the blasters from the original series so they could hit the cylons with one shot instead of firing at them with ordinary pistols. And whats with having richard hatch as a criminal, but my appreciation of starbuck being a woman has increased and am looking forward to watching it next tuesday.

finti
crap still no region two for season 2.0 mad

Makedde
Lucy Lawless is in this show, anyone know when she starts in it?

Thorin
next episdode. should be compelling tv.

kanis
borg What is she going shout her warcry as she engages the cylons

kanis
wolfwood Wow finally the battlestar galactica original tune ina an actual episode and about time too, shame they didn't show the battle against the cylon raiders thought it would have been good to see starbuck in a viper again.

Makedde
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
next episdode. should be compelling tv.

What number episode is she in?

soleran30
The show where it has the cyclons living with the humans counterparts was awesome it opened up the show nicely.

kanis
vampire Yeah it creates an atmosphere of paranoia with who they can and can't trust in the fleet.

soleran30
Bam latest and greatest episode last night! I thought it was a good development although you could forshadow the eventsssmile

XxXDomLoverXxX
I am totally obsessed with the show, it has so much more going on in it than star trek, which makes it so different.
I'm waiting for the next Boxset now.

kanis
vampire that will be a great buy when it comes out, and i can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

kanis
vampire WOW another battlestar and a mean admiral.

kanis
vampire God I can't believe it the second season is over, i won't tell you guys what has happened in case you haven't seen it yet.

badabing
Are you guys in the U.K. just finishing season 2?

kanis
vampire Yeah it finished last tuesday on the 16th.

badabing
Originally posted by kanis
vampire Yeah it finished last tuesday on the 16th.
I swear, I watch that show mainly for Tricia Helfer, Number 6.

kanis
vampire Nothing wrong with that she is a good looking woman, I myself mostly watch it mostly for the actress who plays starbuck.

Darth Vicious
I finally got around to it and started watching this series. So far, Ive watched the 3 hr mini series/pilot. I cant say I was blown away but it wasnt bad. Towards the end I was feeling a bit guilty because I knew that Boomer was cylon but I didnt knew that it was revealed from the get go. Hopefully Ill get to watch more of it. Tricia Helfer is so freaking hot. Starbuck looks better on Bionic Woman. Shes more of a tomboy here. Maybe her appearance will change as the series goes on.

BruceSkywalker
I love watching Battlestar Galactica. Although I like the original more. The current series is good. Tricia and Katee are hot and good. Next season shall be good

Darth Vicious
I thought the current one(season 4) was the last one.

I wonder why this series wasnt picked up by one of the big networks. This series seems to have a big following.

starlock
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I thought the current one(season 4) was the last one.

I wonder why this series wasnt picked up by one of the big networks. This series seems to have a big following.

They are splitting the season up into two parts, so maybe he thinks its another season confused

Darth Vicious
For being robots, the Cylons sure love sex(at least Number 6). Is there a reason for it?(Dont tell me what) and is it touched up as the series goes on?

Darth Vicious
Damn Adama got shot! That was a hell of a way to end season 1. Dammit now im scrambling to find season 2. Shouldve planned and got all season from the get go.

Raoul
ive just watched season 1-3 over the last week or two, and im loving it (even with the slightly over feminist sentiment)

i want to boom boomer, and her copies. hotness isn't the word. yes, i said it.

i need to get that razor episode, i hear its good... mhmm

TechDreamer
BSG is the best show on T.V. I am sad that the finale is approaching but happy to get new episodes later in the year.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Raoul
ive just watched season 1-3 over the last week or two, and im loving it (even with the slightly over feminist sentiment)

i want to boom boomer, and her copies. hotness isn't the word. yes, i said it.

I did the same. I was downloading everything until came across www.watchbattlestargalactica.com it has every freaking episode online + Razor. Baltar is one f*ing chick magnet. As for Boomer, I thinks shes aiight. Shes cute but shes flat as a board which is a turn off. Caprica 6, Xena and Tory are a whole diffrent story, those 3 are hot.

I cant wait for the new Caprica series as it deals with the backstory/origin of the Cylons.

Outbound

Razor is pretty good, but the lead actress has an Australian/New Zealand accent - and this coming from an Australian - its REALLY f*cking annoying. She just tends to sound like a smartass when she's talking, her accent doesnt really give a lot of emotion.

Raoul
I did the same. I was downloading everything until came across www.watchbattlestargalactica.com it has every freaking episode online + Razor. Baltar is one f*ing chick magnet. As for Boomer, I thinks shes aiight. Shes cute but shes flat as a board which is a turn off. Caprica 6, Xena and Tory are a whole diffrent story, those 3 are hot.

I cant wait for the new Caprica series as it deals with the backstory/origin of the Cylons.

laughing out loud

granted, but as the say, variety is the spice of life, etc...

Originally posted by Outbound
Razor is pretty good, but the lead actress has an Australian/New Zealand accent - and this coming from an Australian - its REALLY f*cking annoying. She just tends to sound like a smartass when she's talking, her accent doesnt really give a lot of emotion.

yeesh... she the slightly asian looking girl on the cover?

ragesRemorse
I just got into the show. I recently finished the first season and i'm about to start on the second. I've had a few problems with the show here and there but im hoping they are addressed in the later episodes. Other than the fact that an entire planets population was decimated to only 50 thousand souls and everyone carries on as though nothing happened. It is really annoying that the Cylones always seem to know where the fleet is but only decide to send a single cylone agent to sabatoge ONE ship. Why not send the entire armada and destroy them within minutes? The fleet only seems to have a dozen Viper ships, so, it makes no sense that they have been able to survive this long. I can overlook these minute but sometimes significant writing errors and enjoy the show because it is quite engaging.

Dr. Prick
Is this the show with the guy with the weird nose?

ragesRemorse
I just finished the Fourth season and i must say that, excluding networks such as HBO. I have never seen a better show on T.V. The acting, production and consistent writing really blew me away. I have never had so much anticipation for a new season of TV that i have for the next and last season of Battlestar Galactica.

Raoul
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I just finished the Fourth season and i must say that, excluding networks such as HBO. I have never seen a better show on T.V. The acting, production and consistent writing really blew me away. I have never had so much anticipation for a new season of TV that i have for the next and last season of Battlestar Galactica.

yeah, we have to wait til april i think...

ragesRemorse
Really, i thought they were going to start in January. That kind of sucks if it's April.

Raoul
Really, i thought they were going to start in January. That kind of sucks if it's April.

i'd heard april, though i could be wrong...

i just checked, its january sorry...

ragesRemorse
Who can ever tell with network shows these days, eh.

ragesRemorse
Who do you think the final cylone is? I still think it's going to turn out to be one of the adama's. Lee Oben told the president that Adama was a cylone back in, season 1 or 2 and everything else he said turned out to be true.

Darth Vicious
I doubt its Adama. Not only because he has two sons which would make them Cylon hybrids but because is already established that his father had a hand in creating the Cylons which will be the basiss for the new Caprica series/mini. As for who the fifth Cylon is, I have no freaking idea. Starbuck and Baltar seem to be the more obvious choice. Lee cant be one without somehow making Adama one. That leave us with Roslin which all her visions make kinda obvious too. Those are the only ones I believe will shock people way more than someone like Agathon or Felix.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i am hoping that it turns out to be, either Starbuck or Roslin. I would prefer if Starbuck were not a Cylon but it would work very well with the story. I don't think it's going to be Baltar just because the writers have tried to hard to convince the audience that Baltar is a Cylon. The only reason i think that the final Cylon will turn out to be one of the Adama's is because of what Lee oben said. Although, having Admiral Adama turn out to be a Cylon would make many of the past events pointless.

what is the new caprica series? Is it going to take place before the events of Battlestar Galactica?

Ushgarak
I know who the fan community considers the main suspect, and it is not a front row character (though it is one with a speaking part).

I understand there was a Last Supper style publicity shot of much of the main cast, and Moore has let it be known that none of them is the final Cylon. If so, this rules out all the Adamas, Baltar and Starbuck.

Darth Vicious
Yeah, i am hoping that it turns out to be, either Starbuck or Roslin. I would prefer if Starbuck were not a Cylon but it would work very well with the story. I don't think it's going to be Baltar just because the writers have tried to hard to convince the audience that Baltar is a Cylon. The only reason i think that the final Cylon will turn out to be one of the Adama's is because of what Lee oben said. Although, having Admiral Adama turn out to be a Cylon would make many of the past events pointless.

what is the new caprica series? Is it going to take place before the events of Battlestar Galactica?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I know who the fan community considers the main suspect, and it is not a front row character (though it is one with a speaking part).

I understand there was a Last Supper style publicity shot of much of the main cast, and Moore has let it be known that none of them is the final Cylon. If so, this rules out all the Adamas, Baltar and Starbuck.

Its supposed to be one of these 5:
http://www.syfyportal.com/news425609.html

Raoul
i can't see it as being adama... that would mean both tigh and he were cylons, which just doesn't sit well, imo...

roslin would be the obvious choice, imo, with her visions and such... it would also follow the trend of the most vocal cylon haters becoming cylons like tigh, anders and the chief...

can't see it being agathon, as he's spent the last two seasons forcing everyone to accept sharon... if he was outed, it would destroy one of the better arcs of the last couple of seasons imo...

dunno about lee... if written well, sure...

might be dualla, imo...

ragesRemorse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

That sounds like butt. Thanks for the link though.

ragesRemorse
i can't see it as being adama... that would mean both tigh and he were cylons, which just doesn't sit well, imo...

roslin would be the obvious choice, imo, with her visions and such... it would also follow the trend of the most vocal cylon haters becoming cylons like tigh, anders and the chief...

can't see it being agathon, as he's spent the last two seasons forcing everyone to accept sharon... if he was outed, it would destroy one of the better arcs of the last couple of seasons imo...

dunno about lee... if written well, sure...

might be dualla, imo...

Yeah, it would be silly if it turned out that the two most powerful men in the military were Cylons laughing out loud

I've been thinking that Roslin would turn out to be a Cylon for a while but her cancer keeps getting in the way. If the Cylon blood truly did cure her cancer the first time that contradicts her being a cylon. Even though i think having Roslin turning out to be a Cylon would be good for the story. I think i'd rather see her visions be explained by simply fulfilling the prophecy. If she turns out to be a Cylon i think that would hurt the spiritual aspect of the story.

Who is dualla again? Is that the chick that Lee married?

Raoul
yeah, thats her...

Darth Vicious

Who is dualla again? Is that the chick that Lee married?

I forgot all about her until u mentioned her. embarrasment

BruceSkywalker
I just hope the final shows will be good

Ushgarak
might be dualla, imo...

She is an extremely hot favourite amongst hardcore fans, due to a number of earlier plot developments (she was the only survivor oin a group otherwise wiped out by Cylons) and because she;s not in that Last Supper picture I mentioned.

Her name might also be a faint clue.

Raoul
She is an extremely hot favourite amongst hardcore fans, due to a number of earlier plot developments (she was the only survivor oin a group otherwise wiped out by Cylons) and because she;s not in that Last Supper picture I mentioned.

Her name might also be a faint clue.

aye...

this the pic?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/castcopy.jpg

t'was an unused sig...

btw, anyone watch the first webisode?

Ushgarak
I believe it is, yes. To re-iterate, the thing I heard is that the producers said it was no-one in that pic.

Raoul
I believe it is, yes. To re-iterate, the thing I heard is that the producers said it was no-one in that pic.

yeah...

webisode was ok, never would have pegged gaeta to be gay, though i might have missed that...

otherwise, nice to see sharon again...

bychance
You know, 2009 is almost here. When I heard that the rest of the season would continue next year, I thought it would take forever.

Movie tragic
Not long to go until the new episodes air. It has taken forever for them to air the series mad

Darth Vicious
The last 10 episodes start airing tonight! Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker

I cannot wait, I've always loved this show

Darth Vicious
I hope we find out who the final cylon is. Hopefully it wont be Felix Gaeta.

Movie tragic

One episode a week, not all at once though wink

Should be great smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Movie tragic
One episode a week, not all at once though wink

Should be great smile
It wouldve been a long, glorious night if it had been all on the same night. big grin

Darth Vicious
Pretty dark episode. Im interested in Kara's findings. I hope the 5th Cylon is not the sl*t as it was implied.

BruceSkywalker
Great episode last night..

it does appear that Ellen Tigh is the cylon that is unexpected because I was hoping Kra woulds have been the cylon

all in all the final episodes should rock

Darth Vicious
Elle makes no sense at all. What good does her being the final cylon do? Specially since we are in the last episodes. Hopefully its a swerve and Kara ends up being it. After all. she was resurrected somehow.

BruceSkywalker
Elle makes no sense at all. What good does her being the final cylon do? Specially since we are in the last episodes. Hopefully its a swerve and Kara ends up being it. After all. she was resurrected somehow.

I agree, I hope it is some sort of swerve

Raoul
have to say, they really came back with a bang (literally in dualla's case). loved the episode.

Darth Vicious
have to say, they really came back with a bang (literally in dualla's case). loved the episode.
That really came out of nowhere. She shouldve stuck all the way to the end.

Raoul
That really came out of nowhere. She shouldve stuck all the way to the end.

aye. i never saw it coming...

MIŠT
God I'm so glad Tom and Gaeta died, never liked them.

BruceSkywalker

MIŠT
I was thinking about this today: What if there is one more Cylon? My reasoning is that there are 12 Cylon models, and there are 12 colonies of mankind. Now, there is a 13th hidden colony, so maybe there is a 13th hidden Cylon. This would be Starbuck. Theres just no way she can't be since a) she exploded b) her ship was found destroyed on Earth and c) she just appeared out of nowhere in a brand new ship. Also, her destiny about destroying everyone or something, makes sense if she is the final gear in the plot So while we are all caught up with Ellen, which makes no sense at all, the producers pull a fast one on us by throwing in another.

Raoul

BruceSkywalker
i honestly had the same thought. if you watch razor (and that's just one example), the hybrid says that kara thrace would be the end of mankind, so its possible it meant that she'd be the final one

btw, i thought only four had been named, not five?

tyrol, anders, tigh and that secretary chick? who am i missing?

the fifth is Ellen Tigh

Sadako of Girth
I think something is gonna happen with the FTL drive and the galactica goes back in time. The Galacticans would then genetically pass down the memories through their descendants to themselves. Hence the recollections on the beach. And Starbuck finding her future self's old dead corpse on the Earth's surface.

All theory, but Im going with it, rightly or wrongly.

jinXed by JaNx

MIŠT
The final five probably have their own resurrection point otherwise the rest of the Cylons would know who they were. Also since they are special Cylons they probably lose their memory when they resurrect, since all of them died on Earth, otherwise they would have already known they were Cylons. I'm interested in what they do with Ellen since she was the only one who seemed to know she was a Cylon, so maybe she's a 'special' one.

jinXed by JaNx
See, if the Fleet somehow, unkowingly, traveled into the future that would explain the final four's flashbacks of their life on Earth. The flashbacks wouldn't be flashbacks, but instead, premonitions. This would also fit in perfectly because we know the Hybrids have the ability to sense or see the future. Perhaps the Final Five have the same ability. The remains on Earth are from the fleet after they had settled. That would also explain how starbuck leads them all to their doom.

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the fifth is Ellen Tigh

when did it say she was? honestly? i think i missed it...

Darth Vicious
when did it say she was? honestly? i think i missed it...

The first episode back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M99_HCQ8keI&feature=related

Raoul
The first episode back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M99_HCQ8keI&feature=related

oh, yeah... sorry, now i remember lol...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>