Xmen Legends 2 discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
THe game will be out either late this year or early next year. I though it'd be nice to discuss things we wanted to see in XM legends 2. I like the first game but I think legends 2 can be much better. Who agrees? What characters do you want to see in XML2?

Fionnoula
oh my good there bringing out a second one, yay!!!, it probably be about apocalypse judging from the end of the first

jump

Mainstream
Yeah...I read a wizard book and they offical announced it...on a side note their making an Ultimate Spider Man game by the end of the year too...their is a god big grin Yeah and Apoc will be the headlining villian as well judging by the ending of the first one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fionnoula
cool i can't wait

Mainstream
You think the new Spidey game will be better than Legends 2?

Fionnoula
no way, i'm not really into Spiderman, there is more scope for charcters, storylines and villians with X-men

Mainstream
I agree..they say the Ultimate Spider man game will be like the Spider man 2 game.. you can save people and stuff...sounds like a winner to me. I love the Ultimate Spider man book by the way. big grin stick out tongue big grin

Fionnoula
i've never read it, i only read x-men comics at the moment, i liked the animated series of spiderman though, i used to watch that alot

Mainstream
NOt the Spiderman in Space fighting the animal people one right? that one sucked. you mean the one when harry became the Green Goblin right...

Fionnoula
no, the proper one, 90's i think, i think it was made by the same people who did the X-Men animated series

Mainstream
yeah that one was cool...I wish they'd make new episodes of that one....the chances are as slim as Paris Hilton though. laughing

Fionnoula
smile, old school cartoons are the best

Mainstream
old school 80's or 90's...personnal I'm going with 90's myself Fionnoula

Fionnoula
yup, same here, 90's x-men rocked cool

Mainstream
90's cartoons are better than the most of the current crop. I like the new Teenage mutant ninja turtles..Teen Titans is okay and I love Justice League Unlimited!!!! but that's about it Xmen Evo was pretty cool.

Fionnoula
yeah i liked Evo, haven't seen the others except for teen titans, i used to atch the old Turtles so i'm a bit wary of the new one

Mainstream
The new one is cooler than The old one. The old one was more comedy..The new one is more action and adventure. stick out tongue

Fionnoula
might watch it, i think it's on Fox Kids in the evening

pr1983
old turtles was cool...

Fionnoula
yeah i liked it, it was the reason i started eating pizza...

Mainstream
NOt as cool as the newer one though...I liked them both but I gotta give my support to the current toon though. laughing

pr1983
define 'cool'...

Mainstream
Cool I mean it wasn't as good.

pr1983
original imo was better...

Mainstream
no waaaaaaaaaaaaaay. the new tmnt toon is more like the orginal comic and the movies..the old tmnt was all chessey and geared toward the younger set....though the video games based on the old tmnt cartoon are better.

pr1983
original had better voice acting imo... though the fact it was further from the comics doesnt make it less enjoyable imo...

Mainstream
I think the voice acting on the new one is better. Mikey sounds basically the same on both. Shredder sounds more threading....dang we've gotten off topic....

pr1983
lol i know...

legends 2 better rock or else...

Mainstream
i see no reason why it shouldn't if it was turn based it would suck so much a$$ it'd be a got dang shame.

pr1983
the control system was fine imo...

Mainstream
I know...I just hope Cable and Archangel are playable this time..the first one had 15 playable characters this one need at least 20 if not 25...name some mutant heroes who weren't on Legends that you want to be on xml2?

pr1983
cable...
archangel...
banshee...
better psylocke, colossus and cyclops...

at the expense of jubilee and magma...

Mainstream
Magma was cool...er hot...okay.

pr1983
annoying... i'd bring her on missions just to see her get killed...

Mainstream
THat's just cold man....I hated Emma the fact she couldn't use her powers on sens. made her suck.

pr1983
jean was the same unfortunately...

Mainstream
Jean was okay...she could use tk on the human sized sentees.

pr1983
yeah... but telekinesis works on everything in the comics...

Mainstream
i know...you think cable tk is stronger than jeans?

pr1983
at present? no... but when he becomes god like i'd say yeah...

Mainstream
Cable would have to be on xml2..he and Apoc are like archenemies..you said Banshee..why Banshee on xml2..why not Cannonball instead.

pr1983
cannonball also would be cool... but i like banshee too...

Mainstream
questions..in like movies and stuff Banshees are woman...why come this one is a man...he gotta a daughter..I beat she'd make a better choice for the xml2 lineup.

pr1983
442 syren? no, banshee is way cooler, u ever read aoa... he was badass in that...

Mainstream
I didn't really get into comics until about late 99 early 2000...never read it but I'll be sure to try to find in soon.

pr1983
he is cool, he fights one of apoc's generals... guy called abyss... f*cking excellent...

Mainstream
cool.

pr1983
ill post a pic once i find it...

Mainstream
okay....

Colossus100
I think that the x force should get a game cos very recently its all been about xmen and spiderman, nothin new! excepth 4 the fantastic four movie comin out which i am lookin forwards 2!

Mainstream
me too dude!

pr1983
this is banshee flying inside abyss... when he gets inside he lets out a huge sonic scream that kills abyss and himself... thats says badass in any language... he'd better be in the next game...

Mainstream
I heard Sean lost his powers..he ever get them back?

pr1983
he's still recovering...

Mainstream
He was leading X-Corp last time I heard.

pr1983
yeah, tho i dont know if he's still at it during his recovery...

Mainstream
What about Dazzler? you think she should be playable in Legends 2?

pr1983
dunno... suppose she'd be ok... but i dont wanna see another jubilee...

Mainstream
Me neither. she's like a weak verison of Dazzler if you ask me. how long did it take you to beat the first game?

pr1983
few hours... like 12 or something, though i didnt bother with tha danger room stuff...

i like dazzler, shes better than jubes in the comics imo... i just know they'd ruin her in the game...

Mainstream
I remember the old time Xmen aracade game..you could play as Dazzler on it. Wolverine had the brown suit..you know the game I'm referring to?

pr1983
naw... never went to arcades much, only to play streetfighter...

Mainstream
I like that game too. never really was much for mortal kombat though.

pr1983
i loved both of em...

Mainstream
you would

pr1983
scuse me?

Mainstream
nothing..it's just I hate MK..well I don't hate it..it that I don't like it as much as the capcom fighting games.

pr1983
oh, ok... both have their good and bad points...

Mainstream
I guess. mortal kombat is rather violent.

pr1983
u dont like violence?

Mainstream
love it..my motto is live peaceful...but be prepared for volience.

Mainstream
laughing

pr1983
i like it...

Mainstream
cool

Alpha Centauri
I never got "X-Men:Legends".

What was Psylocke like in it? Never saw her.

I think someone needs to make a great, realistic (to Marvel) Marvel fighting game. Like not just arenas. VAST areas to fight in like that game "Destrega" or the Godzilla games.

-AC

pr1983
psylocke was... but you get her really late in the game sad

Mainstream
yeah you only get to play like 4 mission with her if that even that many.

Filipp
Thyats true and she was pretty shifty no what i mean

Mainstream
yeah...but Jean the hottest!

gucciboo
How do you defeat marrow once you get to the sedentary. She keeps regenerating. Ive killed herat least 5 times, Help?

Mainstream
I hated when you fight her when she kept coming back. okay listen up. you should be able to do your big moves by this point what I do is right when she comes back to life I hit her with a big move. Iceman, Gambit, Marrow, Storm..Storm works really good. the first time I fought Marrow for the second time it took me like an hour...when she comes back to life try freezing her with ice man or zapping her with Cyclopes that works too...but hiting the big move with one the xmen I listed before should work ...I hope this helps send me some private messages if you have anymore trouble...I've beat Legends solo at least 3 times so I should be able to help.

pr1983
psylocke is so much hotter than jean...

u have to kill the four goths... when you kill marrow the first time the goth appears in the top left corner, u have to kill her real quick... when you kill marrow again the goth appears in the top right corner, then bottom right and so on...

Mainstream
I hit the big moves with storm, iceman, gambit or even magma right when she tries to come back...that works too and Cyclopes optic beam does wonders on the goths too.

pr1983
cyclops or storms chain lightning seem to be best imo... iceman can slow her down too... i never use magma stick out tongue

Mainstream
Magma move is okay...Storm big move works the best out of all of them if you ask me.

pr1983
her xtreme move?

Mainstream
yeah....I still got that game it's called Volcano...it's okay.

pr1983
i prefer storms or beasts...

Mainstream
I knew your mention beast move....If cable on Legends two what would his big move be? Banshee should be called the "Savage scream of the Banshee"

pr1983
banshee would be like that...

maybe cable's could be like a telekinetic shockwave or something...

Mainstream
Cable...telekinetic tremor maybe?

pr1983
yeah... somethin like that...

Mainstream
I got it Cable big move...Telekinetic Take down...all the enemies on the screen glow and get thrown around.

pr1983
that'd do...

Mainstream
I hope they get the guy who played Cable voice on the 90's toon for the game...he was pretty good.

pr1983
maybe... that would be cool...

Mainstream
I want to here Cable say...alright Xmen lets stop Apocalypse for good!

pr1983
maybe...

Mainstream
or something to that effect anyway.

doctorstrongbad
I would like to see more playable characters, more levels, more items and equipment. That sounds good to me. smile

pr1983
that and... better powers and graphics...

Mainstream
Yeah and more than one big move for the Xmen characters too.

pr1983
yeah... that would be good...

dude_69
hey do u guys know when lengends 2 is coming out

pr1983
no unfortunately... but it is in development...

Ironman
there making a ultimate spiderman ultimate ironman marvel vs EA and x men legends 2 got it off of www.ign.com ps cant wait for the im game oh and x men legeds two will have apocolypse as the boss and i think arch angel will make a debut

pr1983
k... dude... embarrasment please use full stops... please?

ea bought the rights to marvel a while back so im not surprised...

apocalypse as we all know was on the end cg of legends, so yeah, and angel was supposed to be in the first one, so its almost certain he'd be in this one...

Ironman
sorry i am sick and lazy right now i have been sick for three weeks so i am fed up with being gramaticle

pr1983
ok... sorry...

Ironman
oh its fine

Mainstream
the Xmen Legends follow up should be out either late this year or early next year stay tuned.

Glytch
I believe in Xml2 they should have teams that you can play through the story as. Like X-men, Excalibur, X-force, X-factor. After beating the game you could play through as any characters from any group that you've beaten the game with.

That and they should do a marvel legends game using teams like Avengers, X-men, FF, and Solo heroes

Mainstream
I want to see (I'm gonna get off topic but bear with me) a Justice League Legends, a Ninja turtles legends, and a teen titans legends..based on the comics not the cartoon...but a game where you could play as X force or X factor sounds freakin sweet!

Fionnula
okay..new charcters who should be in the next one..

Polaris
Sage
Bishop
Cable (maybe)
Angel
Chamber
Shadowcat
Sunfire
Banshee/ Syrin
Phoenix
Lifeguard
Canonball

Mainstream
only a maybe for Cable....Cable is the only one qualified to take down Apoc...I forgot about this thread..that's for "reviving it"

savagerampage
apocalypse will be the main guy in this one, hmmm u can add mr. sinister, juggernaut, magneto, nimrod to the list of badguys.

i loved the first game i just hope they make the graphics alot better, and larger.

x-men rise of apocalypse was one of the best x-men games ever, came out for the snes

Mainstream
I love that game...short as hell though..could beat it in like 30 to 40 minutes.

countryfan2004
Let's put in Lockheed on Shadowcat's shoulder, and he can spit fire, just to make Kitty a playable character. And Lockheed could fly around pikcing at him, and then Kitty comes up and phases through his chest and pulls out his heart as a finishing move.....nice....

Mainstream
good idea...Shadowcat powers are most defense..having her dragon as a weapon would be cool...and don't forget about Cable and Archangel as playable characters.

Fionnuala
*whisper* Polaris...http://img111.exs.cx/img111/4530/polaris3tl.gif

she must be in it..and Sagehttp://img111.exs.cx/img111/1267/sagenew6vs.gif..and Chamber..and Siryn..and maybe Havok..http://img60.exs.cx/img60/4812/havokbluefinish2gd.gif

Archangel would be good as well http://img60.exs.cx/img60/9415/archangel7pn.gif

and Phoenix this time not just Jean..http://img111.exs.cx/img111/4677/phoenix4we.gif

okay this is a very unnecessary post and i am just doing it for the smilies now..http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3248/shadowcat25bs.gif

Mainstream
don't forget him.....cable

rouge24
i know this is off topic and i'm sorry, but were do you get the x-men smilies?
also, how good is x-men legends? i want to rent it

pr1983
Custom Smilies(Including X-Men):

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies.php

The game is good, definately worth renting...

rouge24
Thanks pr! phoenix
oh good, now to get my mom out to blockbuster..

Fionnuala
Originally posted by pr1983
Custom Smilies(Including X-Men):

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies.php

The game is good, definately worth renting...

oh my the smilies...blowup

i feel like a kid in a candy store...arrgh

jumpwoot

sooo many dancing bananas...banhigh

mreilly757
OK and back to x-men legends II, i have recently read that not only can you control the x-men but also the brother hood as well

pr1983
Originally posted by mreilly757
OK and back to x-men legends II, i have recently read that not only can you control the x-men but also the brother hood as well

you wouldnt have the link would you?

mreilly757
it was in a gamer magazine, but there is only a total of 16 mutants that can be used and instead of having only four mutant powers there will be 10

pr1983
Originally posted by mreilly757
it was in a gamer magazine, but there is only a total of 16 mutants that can be used and instead of having only four mutant powers there will be 10

hmm... interesting...

Mainstream
this game is gonna be waaaay better than the first....not saying the first one wasn't good....I still play it...havn't had the heart to trade it in yet.

Britrogue
Do my eyes deceive me? Are they bringing out an X-Men legends 2? Oh my god! When? How? Where? Happy Dance

pr1983
it is in development, other than that there is very little if any news...

paeng
Is it true that X-men Legends will be ported to PC???
look at this site http://www.gamespot.com/ngage/rpg/xmenlegends/preview_6107831.html

pr1983
seems like it... though im not sure...

paeng
What does they mean when they said Q1 2005

pr1983
first three months of 2005...

paeng
Wow I hope it's true. Btw thanks for the translation pr1983.

Mainstream
I found some info on Xmen legends 2!!!! I bought the lastest issue of Game Informer and found the following info.
The game will be called Xmen Legends 2 Rise of the Apocalypse
It will have 16 playable characters...some will be Xmen some will be members of the brother hood...you hear me. turns of Apoc attacks the xmen and the b-hood and members of both will have to team up. known characters on the game are Scott, Wolverine, Storm, Bishop, Nightcrawler..with swords and Magneto. in the article quicksilverscarletwitch2 and my personal fav....cable are mentioned.....it's highly likely Cable will be a playable character cuz him and Apoc got Beef and stuff. Brood, Lady Deathstrike and Sinister will likely be villians and each character will have 10 moves over the 4 the first installment had.

Britrogue
Cool!!!! Any ideas when it's scheduled for release? I can't wait personally!!!

Mainstream
the book said Fall....october , nov...before Christmas for sure.

pr1983
looks good...

Mainstream
I'll be royally pissed if Cable isn't playable.....I wonder which B-hood members will be on it. the article said the xmen and B-hood will insult one another while fighting. Quicksilver could do a super speed tornado for a big move....Scott gonna have a radiation blast that can poison enemies!!!!!

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
I'll be royally pissed if Cable isn't playable.....I wonder which B-hood members will be on it. the article said the xmen and B-hood will insult one another while fighting. Quicksilver could do a super speed tornado for a big move....Scott gonna have a radiation blast that can poison enemies!!!!!

alex?

Mainstream
he might be on it...Bishop is gonna use guns so if Cable is on it they proberbly focus more on his powers...but two future dudes with guns sounds great....Legends 2 will have online play as well. Alex, Bishop, Cable Banshee and Dazzler would make great new xmen characters they say the B-hood and the xmen mansion get attacked by apoc at the beginning.....hopefully Jubilee, Magma, and Emma are injuried.

pr1983
no, i meant u said scott would do a radiation blast, did u mean alex?

online? sweet...

emma's not so bad...

but they need to sort the powers of a lot of them...

Mainstream
It was Scott....he'll have a radiation blast it'll be green...I did not make this up

Britrogue
If I could lose characters, it would be Jubilee, Emma, Collossus and Gambit. They were the four I used the least. I was surprised to find that Jean was my favourite. She was lethal! homer

Mainstream
you dare....say Gambit is useless...you dare...you dare....you dare.....you dare....it's cool it they cut Gambit for Cable it's all good they need a male telepath and Xavier being wheelchair bound isn't exactly the combat type.....sorry chuck.professorx and is thier a law that says wolverine must be in everything Xmen related?

pr1983
It was Scott....he'll have a radiation blast it'll be green...I did not make this up

that sounds like shit...

you dare....say Gambit is useless...you dare...you dare....you dare.....you dare....it's cool it they cut Gambit for Cable it's all good they need a male telepath and Xavier being wheelchair bound isn't exactly the combat type.....sorry chuck.professorx and is thier a law that says wolverine must be in everything Xmen related?

gambit and colossus were really depowered in the game... i know cos i worked my ass off to get colossus and i was so disappointed...

Mainstream
Colossus was pretty strong...I was killing minor guys with one punch after leveling him up a few times....the goal in Legends 2 is to make each character more well rounded....Nightcrawler having swords will make him more kick ass than he was in the first one....I have a feeling Warren might be death and a boss.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>