Daredevil vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
boxing There is a thread with 4 guys, two being these two but it's not the same as one on one.
Daredevil is a total match for Gambit. I like the weapon match up and i would love to see someone like Matt beat the pulp out of Remy's face, if he can get close enough.
Those ace's up Gambit's sleeve could give him the match. bunny shaun

muffin man
gambit with his cards would slash through his billy club

DarkCrawler
DD wins.

Ironmanpower
DD

muffin man
GAMBIT!!!!!!

Cosmo Kramer
DareDevil swings down after Gambit. Gambit startled out of his mind drops him Bueno Beef and gets reall mad. He takes out a card but DD tackles him into a wall. DD then lifts him by the collar and stabs him with a dagger impailing him. the end

ThaWhiteShadow
As much as I would like to say Gambit, Daredevil would take this.

Kontraz
I'm leaning toward gambit in this one. When he was blind, he basically WAS daredevil, only he could also charge things... now that he has his sight back, he is beyond dd's ability.

muffin man
no dare devil knocks gambit down from a sneak attack gambit keeps his pole in the gap gets up hurricane ranas him dare devil uses his billy club to stay alve gambit jumps down to a fire escape draws a card energises it and cuts it and dardevil has to go to hospital.

Maelstrom
Daredevil is as good at moving As Spider-man. And Spider-man has superstrength and dexterity. That 6th sense makes his moves superior to Gambit's who is just reg. in dexterioty. Ya, he's a great fighter(gambit) but he isn't enhanced, just skilled.
Matt is skilled to his level and has the sense. I think it may be the decisive factor.

Cosmo Kramer
DD would take Gambit out rather quickly but the writers would make it last extremely long. Besides DD took out Sabertooth who destroyed Gambit.

jplatinum
First of all gambit is a mutant. Daredevil wouldn't be able to correctly read his movements. Second, gambit is pretty fast and agile.Third gambit is a good combat fighter and cunning in his combat intelligence(most of the time).Fourth, Gambit can blow up any inaniment object he touchs in seconds. So daredevil would have to fight him without those damn clubs. He would put up a good two to five minutes of resistence, then, "the cajin gonna be dancing on your grave, mon' na mie'"

KharmaDog
DD has fought and beaten people much more difficult than Gambit. Gambit is just a supporting character.

DD overwhelms Gambit in the fighting ability department. That and Matt's sheer tenacity take the cajun down with very little effort.

hoorayforpeepee
do you all have no concept of the tactical advantage called, in ancient lore, "long range exploding objects"?

i mean, a card sized object from gambit is like a grenade in power.

assuming they're fighting in the kitchen, gambit would grab a trash can lid and fling it. if it lands within 20 feet of daredevil, gambit wins.

long pig
gambit loses because i hate him and hope he dies of a VD.
heh

DarkCrawler
Daredevil easily.

juggernaut74
Gambit.

KingD19
Damn you had to be bored to find this, lol.

Glorificus
While Daredevil is faster, Gambit is still a bullet-timer, who has the advantage of AoE explosions.

I'd say he takes a vast majority if they start far apart. Up close, like within 50 feet or less, Daredevil takes it.

StiltmanFTW
Haven't they fought already? What was the outcome, stalemate?

juggernaut74
Stalemate from what I recall. Gambit was matching him in agility also iirc.

KingD19
Hasn't Gambit got better speed feats?

Glorificus
Originally posted by KingD19

They're both bullet-timers. But Daredevil's reflex feats seemed slightly more impressive to me.

Golgo13
They had a brief tussle in Gambit series in the 90s.

carver9
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4563/uncannyxmen27605dt3.jpg

krisblaze
Gambit has superhuman reflexes and speed.

I think this has been proven.

carver9
Also, they looked even when they fought.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48853/1588718-1457354_3_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48853/1588719-1457358_gambit_v1_011_11_rougher_super.jpg

juggernaut74
Gambit wasn't using his mutant power either in that fight. Not sure if it would have made a difference.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
No. Gambit has a few blocking/dodging various projectiles feats that got reposted over and over again on the web, but it's nothing beyond Daredevil. Matt has quite many evading/deflecting after the bullet has been fired feats. That's rare stuff, actually. Depending on the poster and his interpretation, those are among the most valuable feats ever.

In short, Matt benefits greatly from more appearances and not having his solo title cancelled.

Genii96
Gambit has once caught a bullet,charged it and thrown it right back iirc his reflexes,speed and agility are all superhuman. He would win here,also there is. His death ability too.

StiltmanFTW
Scans? There isn't a single bullet-catching feat that's not spammed on this board like crazy and I've never seen Gambit's.

carver9
He has slapped bullets out of the air though. Multiple bullets.

StiltmanFTW
Daredevil's done it more times.

carver9
Agreed. More consistent with DD but I think Gambit is just as agile imo. Speed is debatable. DD is overall a far better fighter imo.

-Pr-
DD is solidly above Gambit physically, imo. In pretty much every department. Gambit's charging attacks might help him, but I'd still bet on Matt, personally.

carver9
Don't know. Blade is pretty fast AND he was trained by some of the same teachers who taught DD and he was still unable to tag, let alone take advantage of an ambush against Gambit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3315326-gambit+2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3315327-gambit+3.jpg

Silent Master
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Scans? There isn't a single bullet-catching feat that's not spammed on this board like crazy and I've never seen Gambit's.

I think he's talking about the time Gambit caught a round from a grenade launcher

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Don't know. Blade is pretty fast AND he was trained by some of the same teachers who taught DD and he was still unable to tag, let alone take advantage of an ambush against Gambit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3315326-gambit+2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3315327-gambit+3.jpg

ABC logic is usable now? I haven't been gone THAT long, you know...

Not a great pair of scans either, tbh.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
ABC logic is usable now? I haven't been gone THAT long, you know...

Not a great pair of scans either, tbh.

Lol...I just wouldn't under sell Gambit. He has some good showings and even though DD is a better fighter, Gambit possessing a mutant ability could probably change this battle in his favor. He has showing proving he can at least hang with DD in physical combat.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I just wouldn't under sell Gambit. He has some good showings and even though DD is a better fighter, Gambit possessing a mutant ability could probably change this battle in his favor. He has showing proving he can at least hang with DD in physical combat.

I don't think it would be a stomp; I just don't think that it undersells Gambit to say that Matt would beat him solidly either.

carver9
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.