Spawn vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Ok i used the search button and only found a thread that included thor.....but in a straight up fight between Spawn and Supes, who would win? Pre or post crisis, whatever.....doesnt matter. Its been said that Spawn can obtain any power by anyother superhero/villian, so would Supes be able to overcome this feat? My money would be on Spawn.

DarkCrawler
Hmm...does Spawn know magic?

Nathaniel Grey
Who's Sawn?

Paola
edited

Draco69
Spawn loses. Superman is vulnerable to magic, however after a flurry of superspeed attacks, Spawn won't have a chance to use them.

K3VIL
Draco what are you saying?
Spawn is actually a God on his own.He possess powers from Hell, Heaven and Earth.He wants superspeed?He possess it.He wants supes class strenght?He possess it.His powers are limited only by his mind.
Superman is not a match for him.

Draco69
I thought Spawn only possessed the ability to create anything out of nothing and he was limited by the fact that if he exerted his powers he would become Satan's flunkie or something. Oh well, I haven't read a Spawn comic for years. I thought his powers remained the same. If what K3VIL says is true then Spawn wins.

norrin radd

Tron
What Spawn lacks in strength, he makes up for in plenty of power, more than enough to probably put down Superman. But, still, Superman's superior strength and speed may be enough to put him over.

Cosmic Cube
Spawn also has a form of superspeed. It's called hellspeed (seriously.) He could make Superman slow down to the speed of molasses.

Tron
Yeah, I know about it, not much though. Considering Superman's speed, just how slow could Spawn really make him go?

SarKastic_OJ
Superman's speed and strength would come in handy in this battle.Tis' true, Superman is vunerable to magic and if Spawn could somehow "connect" his powers with Superman's body then it could be over for Kal-EL. But Superman can travel faster than mere thought and Spawn'd hafta bee purty darn kwik on de draw in order to topple Supes.

In a nutshell, Supes would beat him just off of speed backed up with power alone.That'd be enough to put down the hellspawn..

Cosmic Cube
In response to Tron: I'd say pretty slow (for Superman). Superman is only about the speed of sound, (not the speed of light like everyone believes.) In outer space, Superman can fly super fast, due to the lack of atmospheric interference. On earth, he flys considerably slower (still supersonic.) He could barley keep up with the old flash, who only runs at the speed of sound.

Tron
Actually, while you are correct that Superman can't run at lightspeed, he's still just under it. I don't know where you heard that he only flys at the speed of sound, but that is completely false. Speed of sound, you do know that would means that he's slower than some jets, and fighters right? I also never heard of Flash (Barry Allen, or Jay Garrick) only running at the speed of sound. They never passed lightspeed like Wally, but they can still get pretty damn close though.

Cosmic Cube
I didn't say he flew at the speed of sound, I said he runs at the speed of sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash
Niether of the flashes were faster than sound. Wally can only run at lightspeed while accessing speedforce, and he is the only flash to do so. If either of them were, when they raced around the world, it would have taken no time - flat.

Tron
Actually, look back at your post, you did say Superman runs at the speed of sound. Either way, your info is faulty. No where in that link does it say anything about Flash only reaching the speed of sound either. All the Flashes could easily outrun fighters, which go up to Mach 2 and over (twice the speed of sound). And Wally accesses the Speed Force AFTER exceeding lightspeed, but we've already been over this once.

And, in that race, if they had actually had them go as fast as they really could, it wouldn't have been all that fun to read now wouldn't it? It is DC after all, they weren't too worried about it making sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.