cleric john preston (equilibrium) vs. the punisher, or bullseye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinzin
If you've seen equilibrium you know who I'm a talkin aboot. have fun...

uQifg2WV
bullseye is good and so is the punisher, and putting the equilibrium guy in was genius. they've all had an incredibly significant amount of training, and are all *almost emotionless killers. good match up but i think bullseye would come up on top, although preston would probably be able to dodge most of the attacks. i think punisher would fall first because he wouldn't be fast enough to dodge bullseyes projectiles.

Scoobless
bullseye would probably win, the clerics are trained to avoid the most likely path of a bullet depending on the location of the enemy,bullseye doesn't throw at where someone is most likely to be, he throws where they are or will be he'd tag him without too much difficulty, then it would be a case of who caught sight of their target first bullseye or punisher ....i'm voting bullseye wins

crazyspinz
punisher doesnt take time to shoot, bulsye does,

punisher just shoots a hell of alot of bullets and one usualy hits the mark, where bulsye takes some time, so punisher wins

Nataku8188
No he doesn't, bullseye just hits his targets. He owned the shit out of punisher in Bullseye's greatest hits.

Bullseye is far superior to both of these characters (Although Preston is awesome, he couldn't handle Bull, he would rape pun though.)

srankmissingnin
Movie characters in general are not on the same level physically as comic book characters and it is the same here. Prestons feats look bad ass (and they are for sure) but movies are a much easier medium to express feats then comics are. Punisher would eat Preston for breakfast in hand to hand, gun fighting or other wise.

Nataku8188
The same can be said for comic books, who don't have to worry about a budget for making a man leap forty feet, or fly, or shoot lazers from his arse. :-p

srankmissingnin
But it doesn't look as cool so all the simpletons aren't WOWED. Punisher does what Preston does except on a large scale to mob members apposed to sense offenders and most importantly while walking! Gunkata is really not nearly as effective against a single opponet as it is designed to take out multiple targets effiently with out get injured... Punisher does this but on pure skill alone and when you have two gunman choose the one who can hit Spider-man.

Scoobless
even though ultimate spidey got shot by some random cop when the imposter story line was going i see where you're coming from
btw - what comic did punisher hit spidey in? and do you have a pic of it?

go bullseye

jinzin
okay for the sake of this fight's entertainment factor and for preston lets say a puppy is involved.....

anyway, I agree that cleric preston would own punisher, I don't think punisher could have taken out 50+ sweepers and 10 or so clerics without getting tagged once himself. bullseye though i don't know, i want preston to win, but I have my doubts, can his gunkata dodge bullseye's targeting skills? can he shoot bullseye first? it's debatible.

Lord Shadow Z
I seen this too in one comic (can't remember name of it though) basically Spiderman catches Punisher shooting some criminal from a rooftop and he goes go him. He tries some fancy agility with the Punisher but the Punisher draws two guns,shoots off the webshooters and then shoots Spidey as he lands. This would have technically been the end of Spiderman if the Punisher hadn't used his special 'mercy' bullets which apparently don't kill.

Lord Ryugen
Yes I was there as well Shadow, I have absolutely no idea how he did it though, Spiderman's supposed to be able to dodge bullets. But in this battle Punisher goes down first and after a lengthy and gruelling battle in which many innocent bystanders probably become unwitting targets, Bullseye takes home the win. Gramaton Clerics are amazing with guns and the tonfa short sword hybrid wheras whatever's in bullseye's hand is automaticly a leathal weapon. And Johnny boy ain't gonna think that pebble Bullsy's brandashing is any danger until lodged in his windpipe.

Lord Shadow Z
I can't see Preston losing. He has so much speed, presicion with aim and dexterity with weapons. His Gun Kata and training has formed him into a logical fighter. He sees what he can do and he manages to pull it off no matter what. Not many characters today think before they fight and this puts Preston on top.

Lord Ryugen
All true my friend but Preston is trained for combatants that use guns and other things that are easily identafiable as weapons. When he sees Bullseye advancing on him with a piece of grit, he's not going to think I better be careful, he's going to think this guy's an idiot. And you want to talk about Aim and dexterity with weapons, Bullseye owns them all in that respect. very few people ever survive his first attack. I'm not saying it'll be easy but Bullseye's going to be the only survivor this time.

Lord Shadow Z
A piece of grit? Is that Bullseye's preferred choice of weapon or something?

Lord Ryugen
It's a reference to Bullseyes ability to make anything, ABSOULTELY ANYTHING a leathal weapon. He could kill a person with that piece of grit, a feather, a plastic frisbie you name it, he could probably kill you with it.

Lord Shadow Z
A feather?? confused

Lord Ryugen
Hey I didn't make the guy, but yes quite probably a feather is leathal in bullseye's hands

Scoobless
what about a................. used chocolate wrapper? or a.... um.... foam finger?

Alpha Centauri
John can dance around using his gun kartas all he wants. Punisher will just lob 8 grenades over to him.

-AC

IRTMU-Dragon
The Punishers efficient weaponry makes him out of the league of these guys, he would definatly win... may not be easy but hed find a way

jinzin
okay well shatterstar has the ability to make ANYTHING into a weapon too, doesn't stop a gut like wolverine from owning him over the coarse of about 3 panels though, could bullseye stand up to john if the cleric got close enough for some hand to hand......
lol @ the granade theory, you might be right, but will punisher have enough time to reach for anything before he gets popped?

Lord Ryugen
Yeah that'd do it mind laughing

Alpha Centauri
Bearing in mind, all the guards and soldiers in "Equilibrium" that John fights have some kind of crippling disease where they can't attack first. The amount of time it takes John to dance around, Punisher would have whooped out a bazooka or two and just turned him into waste.

-AC

srankmissingnin
And he is trained to fight sense offenders... how tough or highly trained can they be?

jinzin
he's not trained to fight sense offenders only, he's trained to fight any one or any number of people trying to shoot the shit out of him, i don't care how "untrained" you are if you're getting blasted at by 50+ sweepers with automatic muchine gun rifles, and you kill em all without getting hit once you are a badass, end of story.

srankmissingnin
When did this happen? There was maybe a half a dozen in the hall way before the climatic fight and when he was out side the city there was again maybe half a dozen... when did he fight 50 sweepers?

Punisher walks into bars and known mob establishments and casually shots the shit out of all of them usually with out getting tagged by a stray bullet. I think the mob is more dangerous then sense offenders.

jinzin
Ummm it was stated in the movie that father was under protection of 50 or more sweepers, just cause it doesn't show every one of them go down doesn't mean they weren't there (example:crazy 88 kill bill). But I think john is more than qualified to rape the punisher my friend.

srankmissingnin
Well he didn't fight them all at once so it really is a none issue in my book and Preston didn't do a single thing that Frank wouldn't have been able to do himself... but to greater extent.

jinzin
i don't think frank could have done that with just the pistols that the cleric had, out in the open like john was, punisher would definitely be using his explosives for that one.

Alpha Centauri
"just cause it doesn't show every one of them go down doesn't mean they weren't there"

Doesn't mean they were. Infact....wait, seriously.....INFACT, if they WEREN'T there.....isn't it more likely that they, you know, actually weren't there? Instead of just not being seen?

-AC

jinzin
lol, the man does have a point,,,,,,,but common they would have had 50 gaurds to fight him if they could have afforded it, anyways, the guy states that there are at least 50 sweepers or more, plus, we don't know how many other guys he killed just to get to that hallway, or to get to the t.v. sets for that matter.....in any case, I still say he would kick punisher's ass. But probably not bullseye's tho.

Alpha Centauri
"I still say he would kick punisher's ass. But probably not bullseye's tho."

Punisher will spank Bullseye and send him home with a pocket full of candy. He'll do the same to a jumped-up, Neo wannabe with their wind tunnel tested hairdo also.

-AC

srankmissingnin
Bullseye effortlessly pawned Punisher in Bullseye: Greatest Hits 3 and it was when he was an amature.

Alpha Centauri
What about in "Punisher: Greatest Hits"?

.....Tee hee.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
A shootout? Punisher's got too much ammo. Bullseye's more of a stealth guy. In plain sight, he'd get riddled. Same for cleric, you can only dodge so many bullets. Punisher, all the way.

uQifg2WV
i still think its bullseye, but its close. punisher would be owned by both, but the real fight is bullseye, and preston, bullseye winning 3 out of 5 times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.