Old Dooku Vs Old Obi ....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bILLYgOAT
In Ep II Dooku was fast with the lightsaber,
but I remember hearing a voice over from GL on the EpII DVD extras that they wanted a Jedi of similar age as Obi was in Ep IV.

What I can't figure out is,
if they were both similar ages, why was Dooku Fast in Ep II and Obi was slow in EpIV.
then again Yoda was 900+ yrs old and he jumped and screamed through the air like firework in the EpII duel.

So why had Obi slowed down so much
a need for hip replacements perhaps? stick out tongue

Darth_Nefarus
Because back then they didn't really expect the movies to make much money, and thus, they put little effort into creating good fights.

Although I always reasoned the Obi-Wan has been hiding on Tattoine, and not practicing using the force, therefore would be much weaker and less powerful than Dooku; who was a Sith lord, still learning at every turn.

ArthasKnight
Choreography.

Other than from a real-life viewpoint, Obi-Wan let Vader win, so he was slow on ourpose. He wasn't trying to beat Vader because he knew it'd be better for Luke if he wasn't around. Remember, he was worried about how he messed up with Anakin and I'm sure he didn't want to do the same with Luke, so he wanted Yoda to handle the training.

And Yoda wasn't quite 900 in AOTC I don't think, almost 900 but I believe he was still 800 something. Anyway, I think that if Obi-Wan really wanted to he could have beaten Vader in ANH.

But I still think Dooku would win over Obi-Wan because Obi-Wan was at his peak in AOTC and ROTS and went downhill by ANH. I only say Obi-Wan could've beaten Vader because Vader was in the suit then, so he was much slower and weaker.

So yeah, Dooku.

Jedi Priestess
Because PT Dooku does very little of his own fighting, a guy half his age does, and Guiness did most of his. eek! wink

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan has lost his touch by ANH, that's the point. He's an old, broken man ("Your powers are weak..."wink.

Dooku, on the other hand, is still on the top of his game.

Ogami Itto
Simple the iv was made in 77 ii was made in 2002

bILLYgOAT
question answered
thanks smile

lessthanjake
Well in reality the reason Obi Wan is slower is that the movie is older and because he was older. But the star wars buff explanation is that he uses lightsaber form III which involves having basically an impregnable defense, but a weak offense. So hes slower since he isnt focusing on offense.

ARC Trooper 117
laughing out loud
BTW, Christopher Lee is quite older than Guiness was.....isn't he? wacko

bILLYgOAT
???
can you give me a reference to that please

Darth_Nefarus
If this battle were to take place, let's just say it took place in the death star where he battle Vader, that would be the most likely place.

"Master Kenobi, usually a Jedi becomes more powerful when he ages," Dooku taunted as Obi-Wan worked furiously to deflect the Count's incredibly skilled attacks. Obi-Wan hadn't practiced his saber techniques in years and it was more than showing to the ever oppurtunist Count Dooku.

"Dooku, your skills failed you before and they have not improved enough to aid you now," Obi-Wan said.

Dooku got angry and continued thrusting and parrying OBi-Wan's saber aside harmlessly, and OBi-Wan's energy was fading.

"It has been too long since you've practiced foolish Jedi," Dooku said.

With a wave of his hand, Dooku removed Obi-Wan's saber from his grip, and sliced it in half while laughing maniacally. Dooku placed his saber at his side as OBi-Wan backed away slowly, unsure how he would get out of this once.

Dooku's lightning easily landed it's target and surged through the aged Jedi Master's body. More and more hate flowed through Dooku and as it did, more pain through Obi-Wan. There was little he could do now, he was too out of practice as Dooku said.

"You should have joined me when you had the chance!" Dooku said as he grinned with evil intent, pausing long enough to meet Obi-Wan's eyes. "Good bye Master Kenobi," he said continuing the assault.

Obi-Wan used the last bit of his powers and all of his wits to bring the saber of Dooku's hilt to his hand, and the blade into Dooku's side.

Dooku jolted as the blade rested in, and Obi-Wan crumpled to the floor. Dooku used the full extent of his powers, and managed to removed the saber, but the damage was too much.

His eyes widened in shock as Obi-Wan's form dissapeared, leaving his Jedi robes behind. Dooku crawled forward several feet, then fell to the ground, as the dark cold of death overtook him.

I think it would be this way because Obi-Wan was too old and non-trained to survive against Dooku, but he always manages to be resourceful enough to defeat his opponent. Like when he defeated Maul.

bILLYgOAT
nice scene, but I what I wanted to know was where did you get the "lightsaber form III " idea?

was It the game Jedi Academy?

Darth_Nefarus
it's on the dvd's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.