Last Man Standing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
A couple of years ago Wizard Magazine did a contest and had all the Marvel Universe heroes fight. I mean everyone from the mellow classic X-Men starring Iceman, Cyclops, Beast, and Jean Grey to wild and much more powerful Giant Size X-Men which eventually built down to become the Uncanny X-Men. In the pictures the last three standing were Ultimate Spider-man, DareDevil and Wolverine. But this didnt make much sense to me seeing as how they arent anywhere near as powerful as Proffessor X-avior whose body can clearly be seen lying dead. If it were your choice who do you think would be the last three standing and more important who would become Wizards greatest Last Man Standing?

Draco69
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

The contest was based on votes. Popularity won over common sense.

Cosmo Kramer
You remember the contest? It was pretty kool but yeah it really didnt.

MatchesMalone
The contest was based on votes? Heh, I can't believe Cosmo would leave that out. I am sure most of you guys know that Wizard held a Last Man Standing before the fan voted one, it was back in 97. It was top 10, instead of 3, and it was all companies, instead of just Marvel. I will list their results in case you guys want another perspective on who you would pick for Marvel's top three.

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Superman
4. Wonder Woman
5. Flash
6. Dr. Strange
7. Spawn
8. Professor X
9. Firestorm
10. Hulk

Sloppy seconds(no order)
-Gladiator
-Martian Manhunter
-Thing
-She Hulk
-Green Lantern
-Invisible Woman
-(there is more on second's list, but I can't remember and can't find my magazine)

I hope this helps if you forgot about anybody when you were thinking of your top three Marvel list.

Cosmo, I just want you to know that any of those heroes about above can kill a whole planet of Daredevils.

Draco69
Forgot about Dr. Strange. The man rarely pops nowadays.

MatchesMalone
Ah, so the Wizard list I provided actually does help jog memory. That's good news.

Draco69
And the Wizard list thusly proves that WW can beat the crap out of the Hulk

Cosmo Kramer
Which version of Thor and Gladiator are you talking about?

MatchesMalone
To Draco- Well, it doesn't prove anything. But, their opinions could be considered expert.

To Fanboy- Its classic Thor. I am not too sure, but I believe they mentioned that Gladiator did not make the top 10 because he was a Superman knock off.

Cosmo Kramer
I dont think hes a ripoff

MatchesMalone
That comment pretty much sums up how valid all your opinions are in a nutshell.

Cosmo Kramer
Ok which Gladiator are you talking about? I was talking about the DD vilain but your talking about the X-Men version.

MatchesMalone
Good lord, son. How is that Gladiator supposed to get anywhere near a top 10 list? Daredevil said he doesn't want you as his girlfriend anymore. So, stop bringing him or his villains in threads that they have no business in.

Cosmo Kramer
Oh yeah well I had sex with your wife!

mr.smiley
we are talking about x men gladiotor right?
cause i could possibly see him in the top ten

Cosmo Kramer
that is what im trying to figure out?

Tron
Seriously, I know there's been two in Marvel, but try to use some common sense folks.

1) Whenever Gladiator is mentioned here, you can always assume that it's the Imperial Guard leader Gladiator, not the bunk ass Daredevil villain. So far Cosmo, you're the only one I've ever seen mention him.

2) Think about it, talking about people at the top of the list, do y'all really think the damn Daredevil villain would even be in the top 50? It's obviously the Gladiator that rips apart stars.

MatchesMalone
That's real original. You told the exact same the to Wrathofachiles in the Daredevil/Spiderman thread. At least this time you didn't take 12 days to think of that response.

Zahit
shit

Napalm
punisher
hulk
thor
ghost rider

Tron
Ummmm, Punisher? Tell me you're joking. And if not, tell me how.

FujiFuu
He didn't even think of it, he got it from a sienfeld episode, where george wants to burn a guy, and kramer tells him to tell the guy he had sex with his wife, which in the end george ends up doing, but then finds out the guys wife is in a coma

Cosmo Kramer
It killed in the 90's and still does damge today.

lightaxe
the punisher? how?

Draco69
1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Dr. Strange
4. Professor X
5. Iron Man
6. Invisible Woman
7. Phoenix

FujiFuu
Yeah it was awsome, so don't take credit for the shows jokes.

Napalm
Because hes got guns

Cosmo Kramer
What will a gun do to Magneto or Dark Phoenix or a telepath? laughing

MatchesMalone
I am also curious as to how Punisher is supposed to be near the top three last men standing in Marvel.

Cosmo Kramer
Well he coud make it pretty far actually because its sapposed to be a battlefield with all Marvel heroes brawling. He could simply hide in a ditch and throw grenades, run around and shoot distracted heroes, build traps and hope theres to much havok for someone to notice or use dynamite, tear gas, smoke bobms and rocket launchers. Alot of heroes will be far to busy fighting each other to notice a bear trap, a ditch hidden under leaves, etc. He could also set fire to the dead bodies to cover himself and confuse the senses of superhumans. But eventually someone like Juggernaut will notice him.

Juggernaut:Wheres my chicken pot pie! *smack (Punisher dies)

hobbitx
No logic Just My List and I am thinking of not a fight but an ultimate end of the earth where some heroes fought, some dont but only defend themselves and a big atmospheric holocaust.

HULK (He's the ultimate surviver)
SILVER SURFER(has left earth forever never to return. Perhaps become a watcher)
ICEMAN(has become one with the atmospher)
WOLVERINE(Gone Mindless and often fights the HULK)
and maybe some villains like Thanos/Apocalypse etc

Pppl like Magneto or Prof X or Spiderman or Thor will die saving others.
Invisible Woman will commit suicide after her family is killed.
Only ppl who are naturally invulnerable will survive. HULK and Wolvie for their healing factors, Iceman bcoz he cant be killed, and some scheeming villains bcoz they will hide to save them selves

Alpha Centauri
Surfer, at the end of the recent series, was clearly at a point of power he'd never reached before. The man is in the top Marvel 10 now, possibly 5.

I think Hulk, Gladiator (always has the excitement and hype factor), Thing as a wildcard, Bishop maybe? Absorbing powers and all.

If it came down to the literal term, last man/woman standing. With the purpose of beating your opponents senseless until they cannot get up or fight back: Hulk or Gladiator.

-AC

Scoobless
no way would hulk be the last and as for gladiator not being a superman knock off...... his name's kallark people...... say it fast kallark becomes clark

Scoobless
silver surfer could win it, or rogue if she absorbed the right peoples (or all peoples) powers

Tron
I'm more than sure that someone would take her out of the fight long before that happened.

Scoobless
you're right, that is a good possability, but in a situation where she survived long enough to touch multiple man she''d win, if she got any speedster she could easily go around and quickly rake in the power..... she has the ability to become the most powerful of all the heros so she'd have a better chance than most to win it

Cosmo Kramer
not at all if she tried touching most people she would get killed. I have seen her try and touch Magneto and get beemed into walls, or try to absorb Juggernauts lifeforce and pass out. If she even tried to absorb off of silver surfer's powers like she did to Marvel Women she would get blasted to the moon! Rogue would get shot with a rocket.

Alpha Centauri
"silver surfer could win it, or rogue if she absorbed the right peoples (or all peoples) powers"

What the hell?

What is going on in this forum? Rogue is now a candidate for winning a Last Person Standing match in which Surfer is involved?

Give me a goddamn break.

-AC

Scoobless
did you see how many powers were absorbed into her body during contest of champions 2 (admittedly she was being controlled by the brood queen) but regardless of who's personality is in control, her body has potential to be one of the most powerful on MU earth

Alpha Centauri
"did you see how many powers were absorbed into her body during contest of champions 2 (admittedly she was being controlled by the brood queen) but regardless of who's personality is in control her body has potential to be one of the most powerful on MU earth"

Hahahahaha.

A) It runs out.
B) She can barely control it if the power is too great.
C) She's a shit character.
D) Champions was, regardless of pre-written story, a fan voted outcome. It was someone else using Rogue's powers, not Rogue.

She's the new Juggernaut of KMC I swear. One thread against Hulk and now she's credible to win against everyone.

-AC

Scoobless
wow "Hahahahaha." good one no

A) so what if it runs out, contest wont last forever (and the carol danvers powers stayed for quite a while as i recall)
B)as you already quoted i said "regardless of who's personality is in control" ..... at least read what you quote next time
C)i don't care how shit she is, this isn't a "who's your favourite character" thread
D)it still happened in the MU and so (as i've read in a few threads) all history counts

i never read her thread against hulk, but regardless, her absorbing power gives her body incredible potential, again, "regardless of who's personality is in control"

Alpha Centauri
"A) so what if it runs out, contest wont last forever (and the carol danvers powers stayed for quite a while as i recall)"

That's because it was in her story. Contest won't last forever but Rogue will not be around to see it even get into motion. Think for one second. EVERYONE in this, Rogue is gonna be killed off so fast.

"B)as you already quoted i said "regardless of who's personality is in control" ..... at least read what you quote next time"

She is affected by personality absorption also. Lest we forget it drives her quite insane. She isn't gonna be able to handle Hulk's MPD, Power or sheer volume of energy.

"D)it still happened in the MU and so (as i've read in a few threads) all history counts "

All history is there to be referred to. However if you have to latch onto lame reference points that are clearly so inaccurate that it's not funny, you're only weakening your debate.

Jesus, we're talking about Rogue being the winner of a Last Person Standing Marvel fight. I'll let you X-Fans continue.

Haha. Rogue winning, that's adorable. Rogue surviving, that's funnier.

-AC

Scoobless
i never actualy stated she'd win, just that she could absorb enough to become a valid contender
reference points are exactly that, whereas "lame" is merely your opinion

p.s. i don't actually read the x-titles

Alpha Centauri
"i never actualy stated she'd win, just that she could absorb enough to become a valid contender
reference points are exactly that"

She couldn't though. Rogue is never going to be a valid contender for winning an every man/woman Last Man Standing fight in the MU.

It's just clear.

-AC

Scoobless
she absorbed all thor's power in a what if issue (i know what if is outside regular continuity and may not carry much weight but it did show her doing it)

Alpha Centauri
There's also a "What if Professor X had the powers of Juggernaut?".

It's basically used to show what will never happen or what could have but didn't.

-AC

Euripides
She actually fully absorbed Thor in her first appearance.

Scoobless
thankyou

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.