"Phantom of the Opera" (2004)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

astrid133
Hey just wondering if anyone has any info on 'The Phantom'....

Saw an image of the lovely Gerard Butler as the Phantom!! looks good

bunny bunny bunny

I'm a happy bunny!

Guinha
Has anyone seen the Phantom film yet?

Aku
Is it a superhero movie or what?

Guinha
No. it is a movie version of Andrew Loyd Webber's musical The Phantom of the Opera

fini
oh god AKU, i hope u were being scarcastic!!!!!!!!????

not open here yet
but will see it as soon as it comes out

Jackie Malfoy
Cool I never knew they made a movie out of it.Wait it is not that stupid black and white movie is it?That movie sucked big time!I love that musical through.
So who is in it?Need more info!JM

Loving_Daniel11
It isnt coming out yet, so how could anyone've seen it? Im going to when it comes out though.

KillTheLight
It's already out in the UK. I just havent had a chance to see it yet but it does look pretty cool.

ash23
yup unfortunately, the lighting and set and costume design and the beginning with the chandelier is stunning but after that it goes down hill and the singing starts to grate after the 2 hour mark or even before that. Not so good

fini
argh, dont say that.

kiyana_ayame
I just saw it tonight and I absolutely loved it! I was in tears by the end, I haven't seen the actual play or anything else before this film but i must say that seeing this film has made me want to go see the actual play.

Gerard Butler is amazing as the Phantom and has a great voice, I've seen reviews which say that hes not that good but i have to disagree because i really heard the love and passion in his voice. Emmy Rossum (Christine) has a stunning voice and, although is not very brave (i don't know if shes meant to be or not) i think she plays the leading lady well.

There where times which took my breath away, times where i wanted (and in some cases did) cry and i will be humming the songs for weeks! All in all i throughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who likes musicals (there is a lot of singing involved) or tragic love stories.

Clare x

MornGlory
is it really that great?? i mean it looks boring...

is it better than Moulin Rouge

fini
welllllll , if u are into musicals then it would be good

But if your not , you most likely wouldn't like it.

Imperial_Samura
Ah, I loved the stage production of it. Simply superb, up there on my top 10 favorite musicals. I am optimistic about it, I honestly wonder how they could get it wrong? Still, a bit of a wait for it here in Australia, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Guinha
I thought Gerard Butler(Phantom) could do with a little bit more vocal training,but Emmy Rossum's (Christine)voice is beautiful!!!!
Minnie Driver (Carlotta)is the only one who didn't sing because she couldn't reach the top notes

Imperial_Samura
Thats a shame, although better to not have her sing at all, then sing and not be good at it, sounds harsh, but eh.

Guinha
the Carlotta from the London cast sung instead...

Imperial_Samura
Interesting.

slashwristbarbi
I just saw it last night and I thought it was brilliant! Have to admit, there were some bits were it seemed too slow and i started to get bored, but i thought the ending was so dramatic it completely made up for it! I was in tears by the end - and it takes a lot to make me cry in a film. It really was heartbreaking to see the phantom left at the end. And I also agree that the opening sequence with the chandeliar, and the music, and everything changing to colour, was superb.

Two things:
1. - Did the song 'Masquerade' make anyone else think of Adam Ants video for 'Prince Charming'?

2. Who would you choose - the phantom or Raoul? I mean, the phantom is a genious, and even though he has a deformed face he is still very good looking! - but thats just my opinion!

Andrew McLeod
It's coming out Wednesday here. I'm going with a friend of mine and I'm really looking forward to it for 3 reasons:

1)It's one of the greatest tale's of our time
2)I'm a sucker for romances
3)I visited the Opera in Paris in March so it'll be cool to see a movie that takes place there

So, After I see it I'll probably post a review.

Mr Parker
Its not out yet here in the states,but I am looking forward to it when it comes out in a couple of weeks.It looks to be Joel Schmachers best movie ever.next to Flatliners of course.

The Redeemer
No Sarah Brightman from HOT GOSSIP in the cast??? Then I'll skip it!!! thumb down

Cinemaddiction
You honestly thought "Flatliners" was better than "A Time to Kill"? confused

Jackie Malfoy
I still can't believe there is going to be a movie.I doubt it if I would see it through.For reasons of my own!JM

dean7879
i love the 1962 version of phantom of the opera

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
oh! i wanna see this movie so much!

Loving_Daniel11
How long will this movie be? Will they need an intermission?

Guinha
It lasts about 2 hours

P.S: What is an intermission?

slashwristbarbi
It lasts apx 2 hours and twenty minutes, and an intermission is a break - usually an old word associated with the break in the middle of a play or musical in a theatre.

Guinha
who needs a dictionary when I have you guys!!!??

thanks!

no, I dont think it has an intermission

Silver Stardust
I want to see this...yes

kiyana_ayame
You cried too? It was heartbreaking at the end wasn't it?
I'm not sure about your first question as i've never seen Adam Ants video for 'Prince Charming' but to answer your second question i would pick the phantom, yeah he was deformed on one side of the face but he was amazing! That voice and his eyes!!! mmmmmmm. Everyone i was with agreed that he was very good looking besides the deformation abviously. Raoul just didn't do anything for me ok he wasn't bad looking but he was just too...boring for me.

Mr Parker
"Takes Cinemaddiction off ignore list."

Yeah that was my favorite movie of the 90's.I like Time to Kill but I liked Flatliners better.I could really relate to that movie and the characters in it plus Kevin Bacon is my favorite actor and he was really great in that movie as were all the others as well.

Dazzler619
It only got 1 star in the newspaper sad

rianna_d
who cares stick out tongue I'm loving this movie!!! smile

Havoc470
god damn do i hate the book, the only things that look decent are the sword fights, in the preview they looked like they had good dynamics....it could've just been cuts to make it look exciting

...............damn, i really hate the book, lol

movieluver
i thought it was ok, as mentioned parts were slow however, there was so much poise and glamour, not to mention beautiful settings to look at, and i thought minnie driver did a phenomenal job! she wore the cutest clothes.....overall this movie gets a 7.6 out of a scale 1-10 for me, i grade realy hard!

Havoc470
this whole movie could've been photoshopped and had better CG

im so happy i didnt have to go watch this craptacular movie, dont like musicals......dont enjoy pain sugar-coated with really long orchestra numbers, it would be great to see a parody though lol

Dragonrider1227
AUGH! DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THAT MOVIE! I've seen Michael Crawford, the orignal Phantom on stage (bootleg actually) and when you listen to him, or anyone else that played him on stage, you soon relize that The movie Phantom CANNOT SING! mad Also, does anyone else seem to find it that the movie Phantom was casted mainly because he was young and good looking? Doesn't that kinda kill the point of the character? Forgive my little rant, I just had to speak my mind.

Storm

level27_lass
I absolutely ADORED IT!!!!...It seriously rocked...I paid for the tickets for once and I'm glad i did.......It was wonderful!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
I am so happy that they made a movie out of it,That is actly going to be a mucial.I mean it is abot time.They made Les Misable but did not make that into a musical and I got so upset.
Since me and my dad loves musicals so much we are both going to see it.JM

RebelPhoenix
I prefer the original Gaston Leroux book and Nightwish's version of the them song to the musical and movie...

I'm just not into the romantacised version of the phantom, he's so much more of a psycho in the book! A fantastic villian and his 'genius' (he's meant to be an incredibly intellectual indiviudal) is better portrayed in his torture tactics but totally severed in Webber's version. But hey, it was a musical, supposed to enchant and delight, not disturb wink but why oh why did they ever make 'Maskerade' - that song is horrible and they kept it in the movie! sick The only Maskerade I like is Terry Pratchett's version and a sweeter, romantic version of The Phantom was, imo, expressed in Rigoletto.

Also - why is the general physical aura of the phantom never really autrocious looking? There are many women I know who find the actors used quite appealing wink and the mask just adds mystery rather then hiding something hideous... it's like 'Forget Raoul!'

Oh and before I forget - I would have switched Minnie Driver and Miranda Richardson, Miranda could of played both roles actually, she's so damned brilliant stick out tongue

angelsflame265
Wow I love this movie!!!! The singing was great! and how they changed from the past to the present. . .with the color. . . wow!!! A few times I was a bit confused on who she was chosing . . . but it all became clear in the end. And I must agree that the Phantom wansn't bad looking at all, with out the deformed part. . .

MusicOfTheNight
just wondering, did anyone who's seen The Phantom of the Opera notice any mistakes in the filming? here's a few i saw:

1. after PPNR, phantom seems to get a little "excited"

2. when phantom and christine jump down through the fake fire, she has her red dress on, but whhen he is dragging her into the labyrinth, she has a totally different dress on. weird.

3. at first, the christine dummy is wearing the wedding dress, but at the end, i swear she isnt.

those are just a few i spotted, but keep me posted if you find any more, and look for the one's i poitned out!
so for now,
Music of the Night

MusicOfTheNight
no. no black and white movie. i saw it. its awesome! well, some of its black and white, but for the most part color.

MusicOfTheNight
i loved the movie, and though it doesnt take much to make me cry, i was more hysterical than i have ever been during a movie. anyone who likes romances, tradgedies, or stories with dramatic scenes, this is the movie for you.

pinsleepe
I don't know what to say... The movie is great! Amazing! Incredible! I loved it with all my heart. And the music droolio

I've never seen the play though.

Mr Parker
just saw it this last weekend.pretty good movie. smile

RavenNightstar
NO WAY, WILL NEVER AGREE THIS ROCKED!

Sorry, didn't mean to get loud, but the Phantom of the Opera can only be done one way, and one way only!

Colm Wilkinson as the Phantom
Sarah Brightman as Christine
IN AN OPERA HOUSE!

I guess that's just because I was spoiled for the movie by having seen the musical!

jnr_hiphop
I've been wondering what the movie would be like.. is it worth watching?

BlondeBombshell
I didn't like the Christine. I thought she was terrible. She sort of ruined the whole movie. She even hits a sour note!But I am a big Sarah Brightman fan. Love the guy that played The Phantom though, he was great!!! It was a good movie, but I didn't like the Christine... She made too many stupid faces... You just wanted to slap her!

its_all_good
I just saw the movie today and I thought it was AWESOME!!! I liked the girl who played Christine I thought she did a good job!

Lydia_J
I thought it was very good although you had to concentrate hard because they were singing everything.

its_all_good
yeah that is true like on the part when they were reading the letters from the phantom and they were talking and all of a sudden they would break out in song

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
omgsh!! this movie amazed me I loved every bit of it!! its now my favourite movie

Ananbelle
the Phantom of the Opera is the most scrumptous movie ever!!!!! *laugh* It is the best!!!! Yes they do oftentimes break into automatic song mode...alot.....but it makes it so much more classy. I love 'point of no return' it is the best..although her "dress" does seem a little gravity-happy around the shoulders smile but thats okay.

I still don't think I understand why exactly Christine took the phantom's mask off in the middle of Don Juan. Was she under some hypnotic phantom spell and finally come out of it, ripping his mask from his face? Hmmmmmm.........someone help me out here!!

Ananbelle
Should Christine Daae have chosen:

a. the Phantom
b. Raoul
c. She should be single

Jackie Malfoy
I would say a.I could not resist the Phantoom and he always been my favorite when seeing the play and movie.JM love

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
she should have chosen the phantom!! HES SO HOTT!! DAH!

Andrew McLeod
Originally posted by Ananbelle
I still don't think I understand why exactly Christine took the phantom's mask off in the middle of Don Juan. Was she under some hypnotic phantom spell and finally come out of it, ripping his mask from his face? Hmmmmmm.........someone help me out here!!

I think that she was simply playing his game and acting as though she was seduced by him at that point. Then when she got close enough she removed the mask to confirm it was him to Raoul and the police. That part's amazing. I love the entire Don Juan scene...it's so strange and detached.

Personally I find the casting of Emmy Rossum to be perfect. Christine should've been younger and more innocent. Sarah Brightman was far too mature and wouldn't be so naive. Emmy was perfect (and what an amazing voice).

Ananbelle
Yes that makes sense...its just so sad that she would do that. But she was pressured into it by everyone, that we see in the scene with her and Raoul in the chapel. Sometimes I just want to boot him out of the scene!! *kick* but Erik had noo problem dealing with it! hoo hoo hoo

yeah I choose A no questions. Some of my friends said b...but come on....the Phantom deserves her!!!

Andrew McLeod
As much as you mull it over they both have their reasons. With Raoul you feel as though it's safe and he'll always protect her. It's this innocence that's conveyed through the fact they were childhood sweethearts. But with the Phantom--- as weird, obsessive and dangerous as he is--- you feel sympathy. He knows nothing of love or compassion and yearns to feel it. It's hard to decide (especially since the movie really made him a sympathetic character by including the gypsy fair scene).

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya, its hard to choose if you look at it that way, but I really like the Phantom hes seems so much cooler I don't know hes just so cool!

Ananbelle
Oh exactly. It's not just the fact that he yearns to feel it, he does! With Christine! And I feel like she's betraying that when it seemed so decided. Gurr! such a stupid desicion to make. Throughout the whole movie, you saw their growing relationship, and then she just denies it and picks Raoul. It seems so wrong!

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya i know! its so mean, its like she lead him on making him think that she did love him

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
My dad bought me the new DVD today! I'm so happy I love it so much!

LiL nAstY GirL
This movie was so good, but who were the people in the black and white?

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Raoul and Madame Giry when they were older

LiL nAstY GirL
I knew Raoul but wasn't sure about the woman

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ohh, really? it looked so much like her tho

its_all_good
In the black and white wasnt the girl meg because Madame Giry would have probably been dead by then...because Raoul and Meg were around the same age...thats just what one of my friends told me...and it makes sense at first I thought it was Madame Giry though...I also have a question...does anyone know why Madame Giry tells Raoul to keep his had at the level of his eyes or whatever????

LiL nAstY GirL
I thought it was Meg too

Tandrade
I think they should get a new director because the movie sucks!!!!

its_all_good
yeah I think that it is Meg

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
no it wasn't meg, it was madame Giry because if the Phantom is still alive then Madame Giry is still alive and who ever said the movie sucked can die, Becuase it rocks and I love it!!

its_all_good
does anyone know why the they say to keep your had at level of your eyes though?

~AngelOfMusic~
if you keep your hands at the level of your eyes the phantom can't put his lasso around your neck as easily and you can get away

Andrew McLeod
It was Meg. Christine is dead and Raoul is very old. It's gotta be Meg. Madame Giry would be long dead. The Phantom is different...he has this immortality to him...

its_all_good
Originally posted by ~AngelOfMusic~
if you keep your hands at the level of your eyes the phantom can't put his lasso around your neck as easily and you can get away

So if this is true then wouldnt they say not to keep your hand at the level of your eyes...I thought that they were saying to keep your had at the level of your eyes

khalla
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
It was Meg. Christine is dead and Raoul is very old. It's gotta be Meg. Madame Giry would be long dead. The Phantom is different...he has this immortality to him...

Exactly I agree .

~AngelOfMusic~
ya..I guess it is Meg then, thats weird I really thought it was Madame Gir, because the Phantom was still alive then I thought so would Madame Giry

~AngelOfMusic~
no its Madame Giry becuase Meg probably would have been married and she'd have a different last name and she probably wouldn't still be around the Opera anyways

LiL nAstY GirL
Did anyone think to look in the credits?

~AngelOfMusic~
omg! oh ya, good idea

BlackC@t
Urgh! The movie was sooooooooooo boring.

I loved the play though smile

its_all_good
I loved this movie...I'm going to the play in 8 days though...I'm so excited!

cursed_pirates
well the phantom grew up just as Madame Giry did... I think it was Madame Giry at the end... that makes more sense to me. If Madame Giry was a child when she met the Phantom that means the phantom grew up and what not also showing that the phantom was still alive because he left the rose at the grave and Raoul left the music box for the phantom.

Bubbapilot
I have seen the play 3 times and have loved the story and the music for many years. Finally got to see the movie. Had to rent it but saw it none the less. I was worried that they would "Hollywood" it too much, but as soon as it started, I was floored. Visually and musically the movie exceeded my low expectations. I got a bit worried when they didn't drop the chandelier at the end of "All I Ask of You," but I'm okay with moving it to the end.

Unfortunately, Gerard Butler was a terrible Phantom. He sounded like he was singing with a mouthful of oatmeal. The Phantom was supposed to be a musical genius and he sounded like more like the Elephant Man ("I'm not an animal"wink. I am almost angry at the choice of Gerard Butler. The rest of the movie lived up to the story that it was, but my he ruined the whole thing.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
OMG! no he didn't! he was awesome..he put forth so much emotion and passion in his voice it was amazing, In The point of no return and Down once more and Music of the night! He was incredible I don't know what your talking about I think he did a magnificent job!!

its_all_good
I think he did a great job too!!

*Georgina_A*
I loved Gerad Butler's voice - it was amazing, so I voted for him! big grin

Oh, and Emmy Rossum because she was excellent too.

Andrew McLeod
I find myself hating Gerard Butler's performance more and more because I find myself a HUGE fan of Michael Crawford, the original Phantom. No one could ever live up to the intensity in his voice and the passion he put forth. Butler is terrible when compared to Crawford.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
nah, I don't really like Micheal Crawfords voice erm I dunno I just really like gerrys voice a lot better

Andrew McLeod
It was that sense of mystery. He captured the essense of the Phantom. I wouldn't have minded Gerard doing some other singing for Moulin Rouge or something but for such a character as the Phantom he can't get the character right.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
well thats just your opinion cuz I thought he did a great job!

cursed_pirates
I agree! I think Gerard did a fantastic job portraying the Phantom.

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by ~AlluNeedIsLuv~
well thats just your opinion cuz I thought he did a great job!

Same!

And apparently, according to imdb, "had the 'rock and roll' voice that Andrew Lloyd Webber always wanted to play the Phantom".

Bubbapilot
I never stated that it was anything other than an opinion. While I did grow up knowing Michael Crawford as the Phantom, I was ready for someone else's interpretation of the character. While I think Mr. Butler did an okay job portraying the character, I thought his enunciation was horrible. He could carry the notes, but (and I'm not saying this in a rude discriminating way) he sounded like a retard. When we reached the crescendo at the end of the first act. He attempted to sing, "You will curse the day you did not do, all that the Phantom asked of you." And what more like, "Yoh will cuhrse the day yoh did not doooh, all that the Phantom asked of Yoooh."

The Point of No Return was better, I must admit. The emotion of that scene was well played and I had very little problem with it, but once they started Down Once More, it was over. Music of the Night has always been one of my favorites, but he mutilated it.

I guess what I'm trying to say was that his accent got in the way.

Everyone else was fantastic. If it wasn't for Butler the movie would have been perfect. But as it is, I will not be adding to my collection. Again, this is only my humble opinion, but it would have been a much better movie with someone else at the lead.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
well I still will not agree with you sorry, but I loved Gerry's performance! and I loved when he sang down once more/track down this murderer he sounded so hurt and angry it was perfect love I love Gerry love lol

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
Same!

And apparently, according to imdb, "had the 'rock and roll' voice that Andrew Lloyd Webber always wanted to play the Phantom".

ya he did, I think he was perfect, because I don't think that Andrew Lloyd Webber wanted The Phantom to have an Operatic voice. Or else he wouldn't have picked Gerry

ThePhantomsKiss
Yeah,but no worries Gerard's voice is AWESOME

smile

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
it sure is yes

ThePhantomsKiss
So is his looks *Drool*

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya I know! hes so sexy!

Murray
I agree

Raoul's not that bad either, especially his voice. (sigh)
And he looks 100 times better with his long hair than in real life!

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Agreed! he looks really old in real life

ThePhantomsKiss
Gerard beats all!!!!!!

Murray
very true

got2envy
I loved this movie and think that Gerard is teh hawtness, but his voice was dubbed with the actual Phantom Of The opera stage plays singer Michael Crawford.

its_all_good
No...I thought that he was really singing

ThePhantomsKiss
Originally posted by got2envy
I loved this movie and think that Gerard is teh hawtness, but his voice was dubbed with the actual Phantom Of The opera stage plays singer Michael Crawford. I read somewhere he actually sang Music of the night..... confused

*drool* TOTAL HOTNESS!!! eek! eek! eek! drool

its_all_good
well i read somewhere that he sang through the whole movie

La Vierge
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

vaya_the_elf
It's ok.

I think they did a good enough job. Although nothing tops how the songs were originally done.

ThePhantomsKiss
I agree,its all good,he said he had alot of singing lessons,now I am curious,why would he do this if he didn't sing any in the movie? HUHUHUHUHUH? lol,seriously,think about it. smart

its_all_good
mmm hmmm

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I read somewhere too that he sang through the whole movie too, I read it on his offical website www.gerardbutler.net

its_all_good
I think i read it on the official websie for the movie or whatever

ThePhantomsKiss
WHO IS WRONG NOW BABY"!?!?!??!!??! I love being right......

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
lol..I finially got my POTO movie back from my cousin! but we've moved our Tv and crap cuz were painting and now I cant watch it! miffed

its_all_good
oh that sucks

ThePhantomsKiss
O_O OMGOSH hun I feel for you..Hmmm...Life without POTO,yikes...Poor poor you sad

Gotcha in my prayers love big grin

belbel300
ahhhh!! Gutted, I love the film, especially the music

ThePhantomsKiss
^

I love you..
lol yeah I agree

its_all_good
I agree too!

belbel300
yes o well, has neone seen the musical yet on stage yes I loved it wen i went, i was rite under the chandelier wen it fell, it scared the life out of me eek!

its_all_good
I have seen it! I thought it was So GOOD! I LOVED IT!

~ J ~
I think Gerard Butler did an excellent job portraying the Phantom. While I'm still a Michael Crawford aficionado, I feel he gave the viewer alot of attachment even though devotees of the broadway genre may not agree. cool

I have seen PTO 10 times on stage 2x on Broadway and was skwptical before watching this film. The numbers were dead on and the scenery dramatic and gorgeous....I loved the movie just as much as the stage musical. Excellent. big grin

serpentinekiss
Ok well this is quite late compared to when everyone else wrote but I haven't been on this forum long. i saw the movie, not the play and absolutely loved it. It made me fall head over heels for Gerard Butler, even tho i saw him in Dracula 2000... I loved it so much hes so hot and fair enough for people who think its boring but anyone who does love musicals please see it its the coolest!!! smile

Andrew McLeod
I saw the Broadway recently and it's made me...well, frankly, the movie is nothing compared to the play. It's disappointing but for a movie adaptation it was top notch. It just, in comparison, is no where near as good as the play was.

Ladyluck
my favourite character was gerard butler as the phantom...so handome droolio that was such and amazing movie...I would absolutely love to see the play love

belbel300
yup ^^ i agree

billyboyd4ever
I've seen the play on a Broadway tour, and I must agree with some when I say that there is no comparison between movie and play....
But then again, I hated the movie. By the time "Music of the Night" rolled around (my favorite song from it..), I felt like bashing my head into a conrete wall. Butler's voice really wasn't up to par, and since I'm used to hearing Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman singing on the soundtrack, I thought that Rossum wasn't nearly good enough either. Perhaps comparing to Brightman is unfair because she is a spectactular soprano, but Rossum really didn't have the tonal quality to give those notes the power they need.

.Dance_Inside.
I disagree, I loved Emmy and Gerrys voice! I thought they were great, no offence but I don't really like Micheal Crawfords voice messed Sarah is okay.

its_all_good
I loved Emmy and Gerrys voices...but i also like Micheal Crawford and Sarah

X-Menfan87
I liked it all

.Dance_Inside.
hey on Friday! I'm seeing Phantom of the Opera in Play form in Ohio!! so excited

its_all_good
wow that is exciting...hope you like it!

its_all_good
so did you like the play?

Andrew McLeod
I'm sticking by my decision. Gerard's singing voice lacked character and the Phantom in the movie wasn't threatening enough. In the play they made him out to be so much more frightening yet sympathetic. In the movie it was like, "I'm sexy but misunderstood!". The Phantom was a monster in every aspect. Emmy was good for her age but her voice wasn't powerful and it didn't have any emotion like Sarah Brightman. I actually loved the girl I saw in the current season's production at Her Majesty's Theatre. Honestly, she was singing through tears near the end and it was amazing. The originals will never be beaten in any form.

Jioni_Nuru
I think Emmy Rossum did the best. She was great at being Christine.

its_all_good
I still think that everyone in the movie did AWESOME! and the originals were great too!

LivKitten
I'm a huge fan of Phantom. I have yet to see the broadway show. I will one of these days. I have this movie on DVD. The cast is wonderful. I really enjoyed it.

shugie99
Andrew, I agree with you 100%. Gerard was a terrible disappointment. Emmy was ok though

LiL nAstY GirL
I love this movie so much, it is so romantic

.Dance_Inside.
me too..its my second favourite movie! yes

LiL nAstY GirL
I think my moms getting tickets to see it on Broadway happy

operasinger
i did not like the movie at all i thought it was an extream injustice to the work itself which is a masterpiece. Christine had this problem of not sounding like a grown up and the phantom could not hit the notes half of the time the only people i was impressed with were Meg and Carlotta i believe meg should have gotten christine her voice was more mature and she was not bad at acting but christine is such a demanding part you cant give her to an actress which is what they did cause she couldnt sing thats a deffinent but you know that my opinion

operasinger
by the way if you loved this movie its beutifull i would recommend seeing it at the theatre the intimacy is so much more and if you go to New York you may see me i dont know but we just celebrated the 2139th showing which is now the longest running show on broadway... see it on stage it is so much better and most of you will understand what i mean about the movie not coming across as well

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>