Producer says ROTS WILL be PG-13!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gambit420
In the new issue of Entertainment Weekley (#802, January 21, 2005), a section dedicated to the must-see 2005 movies includes Revenge of the Sith.

Rick McCallum was interviewed and commented "for those fans who are upset seeing an 8-year-old boy play the role of dark Anakin/Vader, they will soon be relieved."

Also, McCallum stated that he thinks the movie will get a "PG-13 Rating with sufficient warnings". "There won't be blood but there's a lot of interesting stuff."

McCallum did not say anything about Anakin's lava bath but merely replied, "I don't know what website you're reading."

Score!! eek!

Three Owls
there's a lot of "thinks" it'll be pg-13...I still don't buy it...we'll have to wait and see.

bilbofett
I think by now is basically accepted that ROTS will be PG 13. Lucas pretty much said it in VF and now McCallum. Pretty much sounds like a done deal.

BAILY
Ah damn, I figured it was gonna end up being PG. Well I am gonna go down with the ship... I still say it will be PG..... In time, I will realize the error in my ways, I assure you.

jango fatt
So what?

NoFate007
Good. They all should've been PG-13 from the beginning.

Red Superfly
^ Agreed.

I still wonder how on Earth (over here in the UK that is) how Empire Strikes Back still has a rating of "U" which very few actiony-adventury titles get.

Morridini
What kind of rating is an U? Unknown?

waynerobsonuk
it means it's suitable for kids of all ages (even the very young ones). To give you an idea Disney stuff usually gets this rating.

Wayne...

cornponious
WTF is all that about an 8 year old boy playing dark anakin?

WTF??

corn

Jedi-Knight 8k2
No blood...but i thought Ani gets owned

Spectr4L
Interesting bit of info. This lets me know that there may be much more of the mature themes/interactions I've been expecting.

amity75
In the UK there are no other movies which show decapitation, dismemberment and disembowellment that get a U certificate. Only the Star Wars movies have ever achieved that.

MochaChica
I think it was pretty much a given that this one would be PG-13.

The Ones
in UK that might mean its a 12!!! eek! no more annoying kiddies crying!!!!

Sadako of Girth
@The Ones: I hear you...!! All the way through Attack of the Clones,
I was trapped behind This 16 or so old with his younger brother or something who must've been like 6 (Presumably) who seemed to want an explaination for EVERY little thing that occurred throughout and then his friend/guardian deemed to raise his voice ABOVE the volume of the movie to indulge in full conversation... And then at the Shmi-death-scene ridicule and laughter was what I had intruding on that otherwise pivotal and emotional scene.. I wanted to move but the place was PACKED and there was nowhere to move to...
After clearing my throat loudly as a hint on several occasions to no avail,
(Backing it up with a "Do you mind...?"wink I got so sick of it that I told him and his little pal that I'd read the script Synopsis and I'd have to tell him the outcome and ruin it for him... Which believe it or not at least shut up the older one..... All this was at a late-night-showing that ended at 12:30am....! Unbelieveable that this was allowed to happen...
Even if it was "Bambi" showing, I'd be like"What is this little 5-6 yr old doing here....??? Day showings, you kind of expect a younger audience- but going past midnight...???

So all in all, the news or it being PG 13 is reaaaaaallllll welcome...
In the hope that I may see this relatively undisturbed... Don't get me wrong as a kid watching ESB I remember getting vocal with excitement too, but at least my Dad had the decency to get me to shut the hell up when I'd get too loud...! wink

From Sadako the Scrooge of Cinema big grin

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I know what you mean S.o.G!
In Holland we have a lot of people always talking during movies...and most of the times it almost makes me go in a raze.
When I was at the premiere of AOTC in may2002, even then many people were like laughing or ridiculing those Padme/Anakin-scenes(ok, they were not too brilliant) and that Shmi-death-scene.
I shouted something like "If you don't like SW...then get the f**k out of here" and it almost had me removed out of the theatre.
That's what I hate about it.
Let it be PG-13, real Manga-style bloodflowing stuff.
At least it attracts the serious higly evolved SW-fans and leaves the dumb-minded Bamby-like-critters outside...AMEN!

Meditate on this, I cannot!!! devil

Jedi Priestess
Ah yes memories. When my oldest daughter who was 19 at the time and I went to AOTC, we had these 5 junior high boys sitting behind us being idiots before the movie started. When the movie started I figured they'd shut up, but nooooooo, after listening to them for about 5 minutes, I got up and walked down the aisle, leaning way over the seat and got in their faces and growled, "Listen you little bastards, Ive been waiting 3 years to see this movie and if you dont shut the hell up I will have your asses thrown out of here." evil face Never heard another peep out of them. laughing

JKozzy
Perhaps they mean your 8 year old at home won't be pretending to be him... since they won't see the movie.

Solar Flare
laughing laughing laughing O God JP! laughing

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Hahahahahahaha.....that's what I like, straight to the point!
People don't know what they're dealing with when they get the Devil out of you....

That's why I always have good friends working at the theatre...

Mempho76
LOL, JP!!

The Ones
i wish every sw movie was a 12 to get these tiny brats to stop ruining it. i had to go and see AOTC 3 times before kids stopped going and whining.

smoker4
I wish you could still smoke in the cinema smokin'

JKozzy
I don't sick

The Ones
smoking in the cinema got banned when the cinema burst into flames...

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh...Yesssss.....That might put the little 'uns off......
You could have smoking showings and non-smoking screenings and then you'd know that there'd be a fair old chance of there being a reasonably adult audience in attendance...And then, furthermore...
You could shut up any overly loud non-smokers by blowing smoke in their faces.... Better to put up with coughing than unwanted commentary, I say.... wink

Plus all the added smoke'd make the Mustafar-scenes feel truly interactive.... wink big grin

*Sadako of Girth does not SERIOUSLY advocate the blowing of smoke in the faces of the young......*

*(....unless they're like"Whoooooos Greeeeeevious....?" and possibly if they laugh as Padmes snuffing it....... wink )*

(J/K big grin )

smoker4
Lol, i like it

bilbofett
Hail Hail!!! Let us smoke in the theatres yet again!!! Who's gonna start the petition?

bilbofett
LMAO!!! I would have paid ALOT of $$ to see that one!!!!

smoker4
I will!!! I need to smoke because of my glaucoma *cough* *cough* smokin' smokin' smokin'

.:Space Opera:.
smoke weed?

smoker4
Everyday!

Stunrun
smokin it nowsmokin'

PG-13? is that the equivalent to a 12 rating in the UK?

right on brutha!

smoker4
Yeah! or might get away with pg like TPM and AOTC in UK!!

Stunrun
great! u mean i actually get to buy a fricken SW dvd with a fricken 12 rating on it? wordsmokin'

hey stun:

smokin'

smooth...

smoker4
That would be cool smokin'

MC John 117
Finally.....
NO LITTLE STAR WARS WANNA'BEE FANS YAPPING DURING STAR WARS......

Bespin Bart
laughing out loud

kids WILL sneak in to see it though. it happens all the time

MC John 117
Not if I'M on watch.....with my new Vader Voice-changer....geek

smoker4
Best to go late at night, the last two opened at 12 am here so i'm hoping for the same

im taking the entire day off of school to go see it three times. as soon as tickets become available ion fandango im buy three of them.

MC John 117
Or you could go in for the "Special Screening" that most theatres have.....if you ave connections.....shifty
Too bad I don't.

i do actually

you wanna hear more?

MC John 117
*Shakes head*
Nah, I'll buy my way in if I have too.... droolio

i could get you in a day early shifty

MC John 117
Yeah, but I don't live "beyond the Outer Rim"! stick out tongue

you wouldnt pay for an airline ticket to come see EP. frickin 3 a day early??!?!

MC John 117
Nope. eek!

Mortanius
This reminds me of when I went to see The Grudge with my wife. I was told it was a scary movie, but about 5 minutes before the movie started the lights came on and a theater employee told the audience that the movie was about to start and that if we got too loud the lights would turn back on again as a warning. If it happend a second time, we would be asked to leave.
Well, some people brought their young children along with them. Needless to say, they were scarred for life. sad

smoker4
Those poor little buggers sad

The Ones
who cares. if 5 year olds go in to see a 12+ and expecting dancing ewoks and gunguns *shudder* there in for a shock. when i was 12 i went to see texas chainsaw massacre. i snuk in and thought it would be cool. at the end i was petrified. i couldnt move or nothin

Torik_Shai
Hell yes! I'm planning on taking a day off from school to see it a couple times too. I figure I'll go first thing in the morning, go home, take a nap, get up, and go see it again that evening.

Remember, we're not obsessed, we're just passionate. wink

The Ones
lol

BAILY
Right on guys, see that movie a million times if ya have to.. I know I will. And well, I am totally obsessed, and passionate at the same time... It will be nice to move on and get a life this year.... Happy Dance Yay! Life! Happy Dance Yay! Girls And Yay to everything Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Torik_Shai
"Girls?" What is this "girls" you speak of?

BAILY
LMFAO!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance I guess that is for me to find out and for you not to know.... lol.

Sadako of Girth
"This reminds me of when I went to see The Grudge with my wife. I was told it was a scary movie, but about 5 minutes before the movie started the lights came on and a theater employee told the audience that the movie was about to start and that if we got too loud the lights would turn back on again as a warning. If it happend a second time, we would be asked to leave.
Well, some people brought their young children along with them. Needless to say, they were scarred for life. "

Hell... I was scarred for life on THAT one..! And I'm 29...!
God only knows what effect the combined creepiness/terror of Kayako and Toshio had on the fragile psyches of someone the age of young kids.. Over here that masterpiece of filmage got a 15 rating, but apparently that too was a PG13 in the States...(With cuts) This fact in itself bodes VERY well for a PG13 ROTS.....!!! big grin big grin big grin

Now if only Jar-Jar would hear strange noises in the senate attic and go with his lighter to investigate......... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

eXSBass
ROFL!

Mortanius
laughing

kleeobiward
I read in the vanity fair magazine that Lucas says it is very possible EPIII will be rated PG-13

Sith Master X
Man, and when I saw this thread I actually thought it was confirmed PG-13. sad

MC John 117
It'd better BE PG-13.....wacko

JKozzy
Yep, but Lucas doesn't make the rating, the MPAA does.

Mortanius
Keeping my fingers crossed on PG-13!

bilbofett
Sounds good to me!

DARTH DADDY
Even if it was PG-13 it doesn't mean that the kids won't go to see it. Most parents will still take them to watch the movie. Wasn't Spiderman PG-13. A whole lot of kids went with their parents to see that. I'm really shocked to watch as parents take little ones to see some of the movies out today. And they wonder why are kids are so desensitized. I wouldn't take my girls to see it the first time anyway. I would like to enjoy it without the "I need to go to the bathroom".

SnakeEyes
I really hope they make it PG-13 so that it can have ALL of the things that we want in it.

Just_Joe
Making the movie PG-13 could limit how many people go to see the movie. Hopefully not too much, but it does happen.

I'm pretty sure Alien vs. Predator was PG-13 that way all of the blood thirsty teenagers could go to see the movie without their parents. Fox mighta made more money off the movie that way, me thinks.

Malic Clanorian
heads will roll in this movie...so hopefully that will earn a PG-13 ranking smile

Imaginary
PG 13 means an M 15 rating over here... I'm 13 but i still want it rated M so annoying 5 year olds bashing people with their plastic lightsabers won't be there.... though i am seeing it at midnight.

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by Imaginary
so annoying 5 year olds bashing people with their plastic lightsabers won't be there.... though i am seeing it at midnight.

ull see annoying 30 year old people bashing there plastic lightsabers at midnight then smile either way your screwed if its not PG 13 lol

Imaginary
Ill bash them back evil face

Darth_Nefarus
Of course it'll be PG-13, there's going to be a lot of battle, and heroic death scenes.
WOO HOO

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by Imaginary
Ill bash them back evil face

lol what you gotta do is bring the $200 special effects collector edition ones..now those ones pack a punch..and they make kewl lightsaber noises too! eek!

Imaginary
Bneh... too much effort involved stick out tongue

.::Levi@than::.
Just bash 'em with whatever you can find stick out tongue

Malic Clanorian
lol but think of all the fun ull have while it makes the clashing noises as u smack the nerds in the head lol haha

Alliance
I think if the movie doesn't make a PG-13 rating, it'll be a bad sign. It'll mean that the story was not shown properly.

Heck, Anakin's gotta at least slice one little padawan.

DeVi| D0do
Lucas interviewed on 60 minutes: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8705

great news... this is gonna rock!

tlbauerle
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/10/60minutes/main679325.shtml

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.