Biggest movie event of the decade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
What do you think will end up being the biggest movie event of the decade? Superman Returns? Lord of the Rings 3? Fahrenheit 9/11? Revenge of the Sith? Tell me your opinion.

Cinemaddiction
Can't predict 9 years into the future, and there was a 3rd LOTR. But, naturally the end of Star Wars will be huge. By end, I mean the 5 years he lets people honestly think the Saga was over, before shitting out an all CGI, no actor prequel trilogy to the OT.

DarkAge
9 years? More like 5.

Drifter101
it is a bit early to say, but most likely lotr will be among the list, make this list 4 years from now, and then we'll talk

DarkAge
OK. *looks at watch and waits*

Morning_Glory
do you mean the biggest movie of 2005???

because no one hear knows what movies are really coming out in 2009 or 2010

and Superman returns or Farenheit 9/11(give me a break!) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cinemaddiction
From 2001 to 2010 was how *I* was tooking at it.

SlipknoT
Lord of the Rings

DarkAge
Yeah, except it's 2005, not 2001.

Cinemaddiction
Nevermind. I'm saying I can't predict the future of cinema at the end of 9 years, as if you were counting from 2005 FORWARD, 9 years from NOW.

Ou Be Low hoo
Word.

Cinemaddiction, if you are talking about 'the movie event of the decade', why do you not include the year 2000? Strange...so strange...

I think it must be agreed, that thus far, the movie event of recent times has to be Lord Of The Rings...only something very special could top that, and I really don't think it's going to be a new star wars movie.

Morning_Glory
I hope there is a bigger movie than LOTR by the end of the decade -

I have to agree with Ou Be (ugh!!!mad ) for once-- i dont think the new star wars movie will be that great... I have the biggest fear it will be disappointing cry

Cinemaddiction
If you want to split hairs, which you obviously do, then a "decade", being 10 years, would end in 2009.

Tex
As it stands now the LOTR's.

But maybe Superman.

But I wouldn't rule out Batman Begins or King Kong.
Also Francis Ford Copolla is developing an intelligent futuristic film about NYC.

Ou Be Low hoo
Did you fail math at school?

I think it is quite obvious that any retrospective on the decade would be 2000-2010 inclusive.

Tex
1980-1989 =10 years (decade)
1990-1999 =10 years (decade)
2000-2009 =10 years (decade)

The zero's confuse! laughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
I was being a smartass. "obviously". Ironic, no?

Anywho, "The decade", not being relegated to neither 2000, or 2005, could be seen starting at either year.

Back on topic, if you please.

Ou Be Low hoo
'Semantics' are not things that irritate your dog.

It's not very smart to fail to grasp an un-stated obviousness.

Anyway...if 'Fahrenheit 9/11' is included as an 'event', then so too is 'The Passion Of Jeebus' - a movie that transcended expectations, but also one that I refuse to see on the basis of being all 'fantasyed' out after 3 LOTR movies...

bakerboy
When the decade is finished, ill answer you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.