Revenge of the Sith' Novelization Summary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExecuteR
The book opens with Anakin and Obi-Wan returning from a space mission to find Coruscant under attack by a Separatist fleet under General Grievous and Count Dooku, and that Chancellor Palpatine has been kidnapped. They fight their way onto the ship, fight across the ship, and then fight Count Dooku, who is holding Palpatine. Obi-Wan is knocked out, and then Palpatine (whom we the audience have, finally, learned really is Darth Sidious, but Anakin doesn't know that) urges Anakin on in his fight with Dooku. Anakin kills Dooku in the duel. There's some more running around, and a confrontation with Grievous (who then escapes) before Anakin flies the remnants of the ship into a controlled crash on the planet. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine all walk away (though Palpatine's plan was to have Obi-Wan die in front of Anakin).

Palpatine is calling for even more powers, and the Senate is prepared to give them to him. He wants, in particular, immediate and direct control over the Grand Army of the Republic and control of the Jedi. The Jedi, of course, don't want to let him have either, and are trying to find ways to stymie him. A group of Senators, led by Padme Amidala, is also trying to reign in Palpatine's powers, and presents him with a petition asking him to return his powers to the Senate (the petition isn't presented until very late in the book, though we do see the Senators meeting and discussing the problem several times earlier). Palpatine names Anakin as his representative on the Jedi Council, which makes everyone more unhappy and increases tensions.

Grievous is discovered to be on an out-of-the-way planet on the Rim, and Obi-Wan is sent (alone) to bring him in. Anakin is annoyed that the "team" is being broken up (even though he's staying with his pregnant wife whom he expects to die, and even though he has a very important role as Palpatine's representative to the Jedi -- he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, our Annie). Yoda is also sent out on a mission, to the Wookies' planet. The war would seem to be winding down, but Palpatine shows no signs of allowing that, and wants to turn the screws tighter -- he rejects Jedi calls for peace negotiations.

Anakin has been distracted (through the whole book, basically) since he's had prophetic dreams of Padme dying in childbirth (and his previous dreams have always come true). Palpatine strings Anakin along with stories of great Sith knowledge, and the potential to save her life, and eventually reveals himself as Darth Sidious. Anakin returns to the Jedi Temple and tells Mace Windu who Palpatine really is. Windu immediately grabs the three strongest Jedi there, and goes off to "arrest" Palpatine. Palpatine tapes the confrontation (making himself seem weak and helpless), then kills the four Jedi and starts his immediate purge of the Jedi (getting Anakin to do much of the work at the Jedi Temple, backed up by clone soldiers, who across the galaxy are having their secret "kill all Jedi" orders revealed). Palpatine stuns the Senate the next morning with news of what he calls a Jedi attempt on his life, and declares the beginning of the first Galactic Empire.

Obi-Wan and Yoda both survive, though no other Jedi are seen to live through the assault. They both make their way back to Coruscant, where Obi-Wan meets with a practically-in-labor Padme. Anakin has, at the same time, been sent off to yet another hole-in-the-wall planet to kill the remaining Separatist leadership. Obi-Wan rushes off to confront him, while Yoda will fight Palpatine simultaneously. Yoda is defeated by Palpatine but manages to escape (with the help of Senator Bail Organa). Padme had chased Anakin to his planet, and they are quickly joined by Obi-Wan. Anakin is jealous of Obi-Wan (who he thinks might have something going on on the side with Padme). Padme is left unconscious for reasons I no longer remember, and the two Jedi fight. Obi-Wan eventually wins, with Anakin left legless and armless near a lava flow. But Obi-Wan has to flee, because Palpatine is rapidly approaching in his ship (starships are used like taxis in this story). He runs away with Padme, who gives birth (to twins) and dies on board Bail Organa's ship. Organa will take the female twin, Leia, to raise as his own daughter. Obi-Wan takes the boy, Luke, to leave with Anakin's relatives on Tatooine (and keep an eye on the boy himself). Yoda insists that they not be trained as Jedi in any way whatsoever, for obscure Yoda reasons.

Snakebyte
sounds a little fake...

who is the source? big grin

and wookiee with double e *g

ExecuteR
well its in www.theforce.net

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Sounds nice, but why would Anakin tell Windu about Palpatine...very strange.

Meditate on this, I will!!! confused

guiro72
yeah, that's the bit that stuck out for me too.....and i'd gotten the impression that padme gave birth on a planet, rather than on the tantive.....if it was posted in the forums on tfn, then anyone could've written this really....

smoker4
Yeah me too, thats doesnt seem to fit????

Solar Flare
This has been confirmed to be as reliable as SS! it was posted days ago on another site and is inaccurate im afraid!

At least that's what someone else said about it on SW.com

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yeah, already expected it to be fake.
It's really easy to manipulate a story based on existing facts.

Anyone else got a comment on this issue?....

Meditate on this, I will!!! reading

JKozzy
I think that even if it's fake, SPOILER TAGS should have been used. Quite the summary there.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Besides, I never said something about someones signature before....but ehhhhh very nice ones I've seen.
Although it must be a fake...yeah, quite the summary, that's what these forums/threads are for....GETTING US SW-FANS EXCITED!!!!

Finished meditating, I have!!!!! yes

bILLYgOAT
I don't know if this has been posted before,
here's a link to the Novel cover art

h..p://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/starwars/ROTS1

JKozzy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t321021.html

MC John 117
This sure smells a fake.....

JKozzy
Why?

MC John 117
Just....has a fake feeling to it.....

JKozzy
I think it's more reliable than a bunch of other crap that's been posted. It sounds accurate, from what I think the movie will be like. We'll find out in about five months wink

bilbofett
Well seeing as this has been ripped of from TFN, I shall let one of its more intelligent members do the talking for me. I give you the the lovely Naberrie:

*They fight their way onto the ship, fight across the ship, and then fight Count Dooku, who is holding Palpatine. Obi-Wan is knocked out, and then Palpatine (whom we the audience have, finally, learned really is Darth Sidious,

we know this 20 minutes unto the movie?? though will give benefit of the doubt as this is novelization...it may say something before it would be shown on screen

*Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine all walk away (though Palpatine's plan was to have Obi-Wan die in front of Anakin).

now that is a twist

*. Anakin returns to the Jedi Temple and tells Mace Windu who Palpatine really is. Windu immediately grabs the three strongest Jedi there, and goes off to "arrest" Palpatine.

so The Chosen One comes to you and TELLS you who the Sith Master is....and you leave him at the temple?? So he is number 4 on the strongest Jedi list??!!

*Palpatine tapes the confrontation (making himself seem weak and helpless), then kills the four Jedi and starts his immediate purge of the Jedi (getting Anakin to do much of the work at the Jedi Temple, backed up by clone soldiers, who across the galaxy are having their secret "kill all Jedi" orders revealed).

this goes against all the spoilers we have recived...this guy is begining to lose me.....

*Anakin is jealous of Obi-Wan (who he thinks might have something going on on the side with Padme)
this is Star Wars...not a sopa opera...bleh

*Padme is left unconscious for reasons I no longer remember
rriiiiight

*Obi-Wan eventually wins, with Anakin left legless and armless near a lava flow. But Obi-Wan has to flee, because Palpatine is rapidly approaching in his ship (starships are used like taxis in this story). He runs away with Padme, who gives birth (to twins) and dies on board Bail Organa's ship

well we KNOW this isnt true....

either MAtthew Stover didnt look at ANY of the ROTS info GL gave him....or someone gave his OWN version of how he thinks story will go...

J.M FcThumbs-Up
My thoughts exactly!!!!!
Good analysis, that Anakin-telling-Mace idea is just ridiculous...it makes the Chosen One look like a cheap punk.
Mace:"Listen kid, this is serious business...stay here and you'll be save!"

smoker4
Thats the bit that made me suspect it!!! smokin'

.:Darth Dave:.
I must say i dissagree with you peoples. In regards to bilbofett's comments on the paragraphs , heres mine.

1) Is very possible. It is quite possible we see a scene with Dooku and Palpatine alone, and at this stage Dooku knows of Palpatine's real nature/name/persona.

2) Quite Possible. Maybe Palpatine was going to force(in words, subtley) Obi-Wan to do a thing that would kill him like go in a escape pod with him in which he could veer him with the force?

3) In the MF.com spoilers and in JW Titus' Novel Anakin is aware Palps is Sids not long after becoming his apprentice. In the Novel , the Jedi Council tell Anakin to "Spy" on Palpatine to see what he is upto, while when Palps sueded Anakin to his side, it was the reversal. Palps basically faked info to get Obi-Wan to Utapau to face Grievous.

4) In the MF.com spoilers -- when Anakin arrives into the office and Mace is confronting him, Palps/Sid's is saying "Im old and weak, i cannot fight in the end" similar to those lines. So very possible.

5) Also in the MF.com spoilers-- when Anakin is force choking Padme, he is saying something along these lines "I'll never let you take her away from me or " so again possible. Also Anakin is jealous of Obi-Wan for his abilities- and being the role model jedi.

6) The person describing the story from the novel may have a sketchy memory. Maybe he didnt pay much attention to it

7)Yes this may be dodgy but it could easily work. Palpatine does leave for Mustafar after hearing about the duel/or feeling it thru the force. Also, maybe Padme delivers Leia on Tantive IV and they land on Pollis Massa and find she needs a caeserian to get luke out.

This basically leads me to the conclusion this could be true and honestly, i think this is good.

DD Out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.