The lack of creative enterprise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goldensky
Im absolte sick of sequels, the film industry once every blue moon pulls a absolte ground breaker of a film out e.t.c the terminator, matrix, scary movie, bladeand then they deside to bring as many follow ups as they can... why, why? do the creators of the films bring second rate follows ups out!? very really do they add anything to the already booming film industry! there a waste of time and effort , the money used to create these fims would be better spent devolping a new well thought of revolutionry film... theonly thing worse than a sequel is a comic book based film. urrrrrrrrrrr laughing

ragesRemorse
Because the industry is flooded. To many people are trying to become stars and directors. Comic book movies are actually very original, because in the comicverse imgination is endless, unlike hollywood. Guess you never thought to think of that ay?

Studio's dont want to bank on new directors, because they have never made anything before. If your not born into the industry or connected to someone who knows someone. Your never getting in. Unless you do it the real way. Get an education and learn how to write before you follow headstrong into glitz and glamour.

Jesus We just had lord of the rings and the whole matrix thing. give the movie worlds some time and you will see new movies. If you want revolutionary films, then look for them, they are not that hard to find.

Goldensky
i dont know there are a few directors who have got into the industry due to there own merrits one of them be quintin tarantino

Cinemaddiction
Some sequels are planned, part of a trilogy or saga, and their quality in the production stages must have been well enough to merit nationwide release. How a sequel is accepted is anyones guess.

ragesRemorse
Like i said, you have to know how to use the written word first. Tarrentino is a genius. I mean literally. He never graduated high school, but scored genius level on his Sat's. Of course you can make it into film on your own, if you got the money to do so. Directing costs Alot of money. hundreds of thousands of alot of money. if you can fund raise that, then your as good as gold. This is why i say that no one who isnt connected rarely ever makes it in. You can make it in on a lower level. Writer level, but then you give up your work to other people's likings.

Goldensky
sam mendes hes another one, guy richie!? theres plenty... my point is about seqels is the only reason they relese them is because that they know people will go see them on just the merit of the original. most sequels they are so badly written that the original cast drop out of them i.e fast and furous, jaws 3, creul intentions i could go on and on. the critics alway slate the sequels cos they are notoriously badly written and directed i mean how many sequels can u remeber that were as original and as well enginered as the first film. i can count on 1 hand

ragesRemorse
t i can count five or six. Sequals can work and do when the writers and crew are fully devoted to the films. Usually these kinds of sequals come with time though, and by the time they come around. The actors are old and the public crucify them for even attempting a sequal, when they were begging for one the previous ten years. Supply and demand. Supply and demand is what hollywood is all about. Just is anything. O see your point though. I know there are too many sequals, but somewhere along the lines there is sure to be a gem.

Goldensky
trail and erorr then?

ragesRemorse
Yeah i guess so, isnt that how it's always been anyway? Atleast for the last two decades.The 80's were the end of originality.

Goldensky
Yea true what we need now is a vast shake up. more controversy firms there the key

ragesRemorse
yeah, but the country cares to much about the sensitivity of people, so until that changes movies wont. I mean the act of hurting police oficers in video games was almost passed as a law. Whats this tell us about where our freedoms are going to? We are still free now, but how much longer?

Goldensky
how right are you, your abviously not blinded by the political correctness of this modern living. well done mate you truly know your stuff

Jackie Malfoy
I am too.There are part two and threes and god help us fives!Can't these people be creative and do there own thing?I tell you they are geting lazyier and lazyier!JM

Goldensky
yea its as much greed and lack of vision jm but glad that you feel the same way. people like us a true movie lovers cos we want whats best and that does not inclue 3rd rate sequels. well done

ragesRemorse
I think though things will change. Our country is in turmoil. Great changes always come from turmoil.I think this Genereation, my , our generation have great things in store for the future. We have grown up with the bland repetition and will strive for somthing greater once all the greats are gone. I think like music, film will repeat itself into another golden age, where dialogue and story becomes more important than spectacle. Then special effects will come into play and finally be interwined perfectly into imagination and story to creat another 80's. time will only tell though, like it always does. What do you think gold?

Ou Be Low hoo
Money does make the world go round, but there are always exceptions to the rule of sequels. Although, if a movie is originally intended to encompass following movies, do they really count as sequels...?

I'm thinking...LOTR, Infernal Affairs and Spiderman...

By the way, if you haven't seen 'Infernal Affairs', do so NOW! It's better than the Godfather triliogy!

Goldensky
yes you are right, you will find that most movie's are brought out in accordance to the mood at the time, i.e. deep impact. when that came out and did well even tho it was a average film it did really well in the box office so film publisher decided that they could milk the genre because they was a big opening to exploit, same with mafia type firms in the 70's cop films in the 80,s disaster films in the 90's and so on gs thinks that the theme for this year could morphological characters. what you lot think??

bakerboy
Really, the cinema today is very poor. Bad scripts, bad movies , too many special efects, etc. The cinema today is geting a very dangerous way and the lack of imagination is very worried.

Goldensky
Yes fims know that if they sign a few big names that they are going to get a big audience for the film just on the merrit of the actors they have in it.. more expereinced film critic's as my self know that the actors in a film dont nessarey refect on the film its self... the amount of fims i have seen which are very poor at best but still pulled people in because of the big names.

Goldensky
What do you think the movie industry has a whole do to improve the standerds of films...

botankus
You're sick of sequels? Okay, okay, me too.
I'll give you another thing I'm sick of --

11 movies at my theater (Coach Carter, Elektra, Fat Albert, House of Flying Daggers, Incredibles, Lemony Snicket's, Meet the Fockers, National Treasure, Ocean's Twelve, Racing Stripes (gag), White Noise) and not a single one of them rated R. Talk about selling out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.