Where the hell is Mario

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
In the last 9 years, there has been ONE new Super Mario game: Super Mario Sunshine, and that was disappointing. Nintendo seems content to put Mario in every racing, puzzle, dancing, party, golf, baseball, tennis and survival horror game without doing any goddamn platform games. I just want to jump on turtles, you know?

Draco69
They're making a new one. Just be patient.

Rhino
u can buy a ported nintendo game on the gba or ds.

BackFire
A new mario game is slated for the GC sometime in the future. Don't be surprised if it comes out next christmas.

Robo-Chocobo
I believe the new mario's codename is mario 128. this name is off of the Gamecube E3 technical demo where 128 marios ran around. that was 3-4 years ago. Shigeru miyamoto recently(as in within 6 months) said something about the concept and as the next new mario idea(or to that effect). I can barely remember the article in EGM, but I know it exist. expect more on this in the future from me.

Tex
You didn't like Mario Sunshine?
I dont think it was as good as Mario 64 but it was really fun and a very good game all the same! thumb up

Yeah, they're currently developing Mario 128.
But its obviously taken a back seat to the new Zelda.
I'm sure once Zelda is finished Mario will be Nintendo's next major release.

From what I understand it will feature some revolutionary game play that has never been seen before.

It will probably be Gamecube's last major release, before Nintendo releases its new console.

JKozzy
Mario 64 was named that because the N64 processed information at 64 bits... Gamecube PS2 and Xbox all do 128 bit processing... as do most macs. PCs, however, are mostly stuck in the 32 bit era still.. but some are advancing to 64, I believe.

Robo-Chocobo
Isn't everything nintendo releases "Revolutionary"

Remember the E-reader lol. that was fun for like 10 min. it just wasn't portable enough. I mean, IT'S MADE FOR A PORTABLE HANDHELD>

WHAT GOOD IS IT IF YOU HAVE TO CARRY ALL THESE CARDS AND A HUGE GAMEPACK>

I'm sad the wind waker art style won't return. The wind waker is one of my favourite games. It had such cinematic style. I LMAO when he got put in the barrel and launched through the air by the catapult, then SMASHED into the wall.

and I'm playing on hard mode and learning all this extra stuff.

Tex
Windwaker was beautiful. But I'm looking forward to the more realistic looking Zelda.

Maybe the new Mario will be cell shaded like Windwaker? eek!

SaTsuJiN
I dont think sunshine was so great either messed

dave123
2D scrollers - such as Metal Slug, Mario and Sonic still kick ass yes

choosewisely
dont know why but i h8 sonic...

Rhino
i dunno if thats a smart idea. i dont think the majority of people liked the new cartoony look of Link. i say make a poll to find out for sure. nintendo cant risk ruining a character, even to a small degree.

Tex
Mario has always been a cartoon type character. The fantasy worlds and characters clearly reflect that. I dont think Mario fans would mind to tell you the truth.

I'd love to see him cell shaded.
I would never want to see a realistic looking Mario, that's for sure! thumb down

What didn't you guys like about Mario Sunshine?

Rhino
LOL ya i guess ur right.

BackFire
I liked Mario Sunshine alright, I didn't like how the gameplay revovled around that squirt gun thing, and all of the levels had the tropical feel. I missed the level variety from the other mario games.

ChickinMeat
i didnt mind sunshine, the best parts of the game were where you went into the "retro mario zone", where the watergun gets taken away. those bits are awesome.

great music for those bits too

DarkAge
Yeah exactly, the only good bits were the secret retro levels. But all you did for the rest of the game was spray stuff with water. It just wasn't Marioish enough. I hope the next one has more traditional Mario gameplay.

ArthasKnight
Mario can go to hell, I hate him. Give Luigi his own game franchise and I'll play every game.

Arachnoidfreak
Luigi's Mansion was ok, but I definitly agree, give Luigi his own games.

ChickinMeat
id buy a luigi game for sure

luigi land has a ring to it

Maverick2364
They both suck, classics or not. Hopping on enemies to kill them is just stupid.

I prefer slapping.

dave123
so...where IS mario? stick out tongue

Maverick2364
He's the one who looks very pixelated!

JKozzy
I found him!! eek! happy

dave123
fans of my sigs (and I know you're out there) may remember that I had that pic as my sig... except I had edited out Wally and no one could find him wink

and no koz... that's not a short, fat plumber orroz

Havoc470
i miss the days of mario brothers, one of my favorite platformers, the only other one is sonic heheh............they should team up O_O

Machete_Guy
They should really concentrate on a mario game

ChickinMeat
lets just wait for mario128, i hear that nintendo wont show it at E3 because its so innovative and they dont want people stealing their ideas.

thats what ive heard through the grapevine anyway.

Rhino
why did they call it mario 128? laughing "...so innovative they dont want people stealing their ideas..." - -> thats like what john kerry said "i got a plan but im not gonna tell you it."

ya, anyways, i think nintendo COULD pull off something innovative, i just hope it isnt stupid-innovative.

Havoc470
mario 64...mario 128.........whats the big deal, they're just numbers

but i think you'd agree, its a game, not a man running for president of the u.s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.