Party Monster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KillTheLight
Has anyone else seen this movie?It stars Macaulay Culkin and Seth Green.

Cinemaddiction
Yes. It literally made me gay watching it.

SlipknoT
laughing How ironic. This gay kid I sit next to in English is always talking about it

KillTheLight
laughing I really didn't know what to think when watching this movie it was just weird.

Jackie Malfoy
No but those two are good actors so I wil have to check it out.What is it rated btw?JM

Cinemaddiction
It made me uncomfortable, not that I am homophobic in any way. The approach to the New York club scene was just so "guerilla" that it literally forced you, even as a viewer, to become a club kid to make you understand what was going on.

It's a shame, because I've been afraid to watch any Gregg Araki movies since.

ragesRemorse
I found no point to this film. After about twenty minutes, the film kept repeating itself. It tried to keep the audiences attention with sparse momments of exaggerated shock value, then the next minute would try and be gritty realness. I dont think the film knew what it wanted to do from the start. The only people paying for the confusion of this movie is the audience.

BadKitty
I love party monster! it makes me pine for the days when I my self was basically a club kid...not as extreme but pretty damn close to the craziness of this movie. (Cleveland's a bore in comparison)

being based on a true story is also a plus for me and movies, and knowing the story and seeing that world from the inside before watching party monster made me really appreciate what they were trying to pull off.

heres my favorite siggie from the movie
http://img76.exs.cx/img76/640/partymonster7jq.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.