Beastro's Movie Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beastro
Todays topic:Ben Stiller Movies

Dodgeball
Zoolander
Along Came Polly
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
The Royal Tenebaums
Starsky and Hutch

Which ones your favorite?

Mine is Meet the Parents.One of my favorite comedies of all time.

Cinemaddiction
Reality Bites?
Permanent Midnight?
Mystery Men?

Beastro
Great additions.What did you think of those flicks?

SlipknoT
Heavyweights?
Cable Guy?

Beastro
Ben Stiller was in cable guy?

TheFilmProphet
There's something about Mary?

Beastro
Good one.

SlipknoT
Yea

Beastro
I dont remember and I just saw that movie a few months ago.This is what tv does to your brain messed

SlipknoT
Remember, he was the twin on trial for killing his brother

Beastro
Oh yeah.That wasnt really a big part but ok.He directed the movie so....

My favorite movie of his is "Meet the Parents".I thought it was so hilarious.

Mane
Meet the Parents suffered from minor suckage. I think his best and most extreme roles are in Zoolander and Heavyweights.

Beastro
Zoolander comes in second on my list but I like those kind of movies where everything just goes wrong.And I like how Greg is such a disaster magnet and alot of the big problems that occure because of it.

BadKitty
ben stiller is great...mystery men is my favorite stiller movie. it makes me sad that ben hates that movie so much..at least I heard he regretted making it.

Beastro
Actors regret anything that isnt a big succes.

Cinemaddiction
"Mystery Men" is a cult classic. The funny thing is, in that movie, he's basically playing himself, lol.

BadKitty
I didn't know that it has become a cult classic! now that makes me happy...every time I'd read a review it was usually giving that movie a bad rap.I was starting to think fans of the movie were few and far between.
I find it more entertaining each time I see it

most of the time I agree but there are a few that truly appreciate what they have done in movies that are not big hits.
like example I read Christopher Lee was intensely happy with the movie the wicker man even though it wasn't a huge success

forumcrew
what is the point of this thread? especially when like a week ago we had a thread about ben stiller movies..

Cinemaddiction
Ooooooh, yes, BK. "Mystery Men" has a huge underground cult following, and has for a while now. I like the movie a lot, personally. Captain Furious, The Bowler, The Spleen, Blue Raja, Captain Amazng, Casanova Frankenstein, yessireebob.

vaya_the_elf
I'd go with mystery men, and i loved cable guy

SlipknoT
anyone remember the Ben Stiller SHow

botankus
No, thank God.

SlipknoT
I know, it was awful.

Beastro
lol

Bout time for a new topic

Topic:Pixar and Dreamworks animation films

My all-time favorite is "Toy Story" which is a pixar animation

TheFilmProphet
Monsters Inc. (Pixar) embarrasment

SlipknoT
Monsters inc

Cinemaddiction
The only thing Dreamworks has going for it is "Shrek". The rest is all just proof that they'll always be the bridesmaid, always clinging to PIXAR's coat-tails, and always be copycats.

Beastro
I dont think Shrek was copying PixaR.Maybe Shark Tale though.

Cinemaddiction
Try "Antz". Story has it, "A Bug's Life" was actually a Dreamworks project that was taken by the lead animator when he jumped ship to PIXAR. To get back at him/compete, Dreamworks released "Antz".

Beastro
Thats weird but theres not really a problem.

There both lead animation studios.Of course theres going to be rivalry.

Cinemaddiction
It's because "A Bug's Life" was more or less swiped from Dreamworks. That's what makes it more of a bitter rivalry than regular competition.

I mean, Disney drops "A Bug's Life", here comes "Antz". "Finding Nemo", followed by "Shark Tale".

You see a pattern?

botankus
So, in other words, look for some Dreamworks half-assed effort about Superheros coming next year?

Mane
Hopefully not...

SlipknoT
yep

Aku
Ben Stiller SUCKS! The only good character he ever played was the dude in dodgeball.

Adam Sandler ALL THE WAY!!!

Cinemaddiction
The discussion is pertaining to PIXAR and Dreamworks, so let's try and keep it on that. There's probably a Ben Stiller thread in "Movie Stars and Celebrities" to vent in.

Aku
O right, sorry mister cinema dude.

Shrek was crap and do you know what was worse? Shrek 2. In fact all Animated thingys are crap. Stick to cartoons.

Mane
No they aren't.

Aku
Yeh They Are

Beastro
How are they crap?There some of the most entertaining and fresh movies of recent years.

Aku
Because they are nothing new. It's like Kill Bill, its been done before and been done better than the famous one, only coz the cool ones were banned due to being too violent or breached a copyright and they wernt allowed to show it at main cinemas. And its not what Quentin was trying to do to salute martial arts films becuase if he did then he would be classed as a crap director!

Beastro
Have been done?What is "The Incredibles" copying?

Cinemaddiction
"Shrek" Hasn't been done before. Ever. The fact that it modernizes fairy tales, makes them hip and more marketable to kids and adults alike is what makes it so unique and popular.

Aku
Any superhero cartoon/film/comic etc!

Cinemaddiction
"The Incredibles" storyline is what sets it apart from any other animated feature like it, much like any other PIXAR movie. That's their bread and butter, creating incredible animated features with a plausible, family friendly, smart plot from which everyone takes something from.

Beastro
I dont want to get started on films that are alike other films out there.Almost every film you see will have an other film that is like it.

Like CA said the storyline is what makes it different from old teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.