Oddworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
Hey,

so whos a fan of this great gaming series? at the moment i am only owner of abes exodus, which is a fantastic game, but i need to get a new copy of abes odysee, so i have both the abe games.

i need to get an xbox sometime so i can get munchs odysee and oddworld 4 thats comming out, forgotten what its called at the moment though, steefs odysee or something like that.

anyways, here is a thread to discuss this marvelous series,

start'a'chattin'!

Havoc470
i liked the first two oddworld games, and now im coming back to it with the latest one, its called oddworld: strangers wrath..........dont know where the hell you got steefs odysee from heheh

ChickinMeat
steefs odysee was the old codename for the 4th game, the stranger was originally called steef.

remember reading about it ages ago, then hearing they changed the name to something else.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/oddworld-4/?ui=gamefinder

according to that link the games a different name yet he is still called steef

Havoc470
oh yeah, im sorry i forgot about that...it would suck if that turns out to be his name in the game, because its sort of a mystery

Arena Host
I liked Abe's Oddysee and Exodus. A lot of fun.
Munch's Oddysee was kind like of for five year old kids. I absolutely hated this game. It started good, but later the gameplay was like doing chores. Munch's Oddysee also does not have the "Oddworld feel" to it that made me like the first two.

ChickinMeat
i always though munchs odysee didnt appear as sinister as the abe games, the sinister aspect is what i really enjoyed about the oddworld games.

Havoc470
yeah cynical humor in oddworld games were sort of its trademark

ChickinMeat
yea most definatly man,

possesing a slig and then running it off a cliff/into a saw/under a boulder just doesnt get old!

Havoc470
lol, i read a few reviews on strangers wrath, they said its as cynical as the first two oddworld games, the ammo you use in the game are literally alive

ChickinMeat
yeah i read something like that too, squirrels and stuff i think, could pose interesting gameplay!

Havoc470
yeah the chippunks, you shoot them at enemies, and all the chippunks do is basically piss the enemies off, then the enemies try to stomp them out to shut them up lol

ragesRemorse
The first two games were completely original games that had some of the most memorable atmospheres and experiences of all time. I have played no game like abe's adysee and exodus to date. I havent bothered with munch yet, but i see it at gamestop for $8 so i will probably force myself to buy it, i have heard bad things though. The newest installment seems promosing. So many people have backed out of producing the title though, it makes me kind of leary. I highly dout that stranger will offer anything close to what odysee and exodus achieved though.

Havoc470
GI gave a review on it, they said its the most innovative game out (mixing platformer and first person shooter has never been done before...at least not in a good way heheh) and they said the humor and look is true to the first two oddworld games

munch looked great, but over-all it sucked lol

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i read that review. The thing is though i remember GI giving a very similar review to munch's. Is the entire game an Fps? I just dont see that mixing all that well with the oddworld experience. I am curious and a bit anxious though, hoping that stranger is reminscant of ol abe's experiences.

Havoc470
i like most of GI's reviews, the game switches from platformer to fps, it becomes a platformer just like the first two oddworld games but when you pull your weapon out it goes into first-person

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.