EP3 China Release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH DADDY
This was posted on Jedinet.com,

From the Associated Press: Director George Lucas is asking China to take the rare step of joining in a simultaneous global opening of his nest "Star Wars" movie in May, a Chinese film executive said Tuesday.

Lucas's company wants to have "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith" open in 50 Chinese cinemas, said Jiang Defu, deputy general manager of Digital Film, a state-run distributor.

"We welcome their proposals, but the decision has not been made," Jiang said.

Such simultaneous openings are rare in China, which allows in only about two dozen foreign films a year. Due to a lengthy censorship process, they often open months after they are shown abroad.

Film studios complain that such restrictions fuel the demand for pirated copies of foreign movies, a thriving industry in China.

NoMeN
old news for me but thanks anyway!

DARTH DADDY
Oh well, didn't know this info. had been out yet. I think it would be pretty cool if it could be released in China the same time it is released everwhere else. Trying to open doors using Star Wars. Wouldn't that be something to go down in history. That through George Lucas, a nation opened it's gates to the world.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yeah already seen it on TFN...but this kinda info is always quite welcome!

smoker4
He wants to try North Korea then as well

Star Wars for peace smokin'

ARC Trooper 117
laughing out loud
LOL @ smoker4.....

zavin
so ROTS is going to be released worldwide the same day in all the world?

Obi-OneManShow
Hahaha stick out tongue

Anyway, it'd be good for everybody if this happens. I live in Belgium and remember having to wait till November (I think) for Phantom Menace to open. (Luckily I saw it in August in England). Of course the demand for pirated copies will jetpack through the roof, a problem Lucas is all too aware of.

ARC Trooper 117
YEAH! PIRATED COPIES....
Ahem-I mean, THOSE BASTARDS!!! shifty

DARTH DADDY
When I was in the Navy and traveled to the Persian Gulf, I was amazed at how fast copies of movies were put onto the market. I left America about a week after the first Jurassic Park came out, and when I got to the middle east a week later there were copies already in stories there. There were pretty bad copies made from movie theaters but hey to be able to watch new movies that were coming out in America and I would normally have to wait to see, it was worth it.

smoker4
When i was in crete last year they were showing pirated films in the bars, advertising them and everything! pirate pirate smokin'

Darth_Decimator
australia rocks we get to see ROTS at 12:01am on the 19th hee hee

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yeah....they shouldn't only make a law for violating copyrights, but a whole new law called "Boarding Party...and set your weapons for stun"

...violating this law, causes people to be Force-choked by Lord Vader himself....mhuhawhawhaw....

DARTH DADDY
I think it would be cool if they were to time everything the same. That way no one got to see it before anyone else. They open it up at 12am. EST, whatever time that is in Russia, they open it up there to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.