Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
This seems to be much more promising than the original. Fishburne's the man. wink

Even if this movie is crap, it is still gonna be 2 steps higher than the original, that's for sure. erm

Trailer at apple.com

forumcrew
this is one of those movies that definantly looks like it could be a crappyish movie but still entertaining.. although i think this movie could turn out to be pretty good..

either way it should be a good popcorn flick regardless

Mane
This movie has much potential, IMO.

pr1983
how? what didnt you like about it?

Walfredo
The trailer is really good for it and I like the casting. I think it will be some good action.

forumcrew
based on the other posts, yours post makes no sense

Mane
I think he meant to post in the "Assault on Precinct 13 ('76)" thread...

mailedbypostman
This looks to be a pretty good movie.

ginger49
This movie was awesome! Ethan Hawke and Fishburne played off each other so well. Fishburne is so badass. it was very cool

Johnlindsey289
I am looking forward to it! but the original movie was great, it wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed but it still should be interesting.

pr1983
apologies... i did mean to post in the other thread... darndest thing...

ginger49
Has anyone seen the trailer? It's on the UGO homepage. It is so cool.

Cinemaddiction
Hoooooooooly shit, the movie was dope. Alrighty, I'll have a review up in a little bit.

Mane
Awesome! I can't wait to see this. So is this a definite DVD purchase for you, Cory?

MildPossession
"Even Ja Rule was tolerable as "Smilie", as his screentime was shortened by his untimely (haha) death."

Thank God!! I cringed when I saw his name mentioned in the trailer.

I am a fan of the first film and have been looking forwards to this one for ages! can't wait till it's released in cinemas here.

Solo
Will be seeing this, sometime soon.

Beastro
Maybe ill just catch elektra instead roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cinemaddiction
Talk about crap. Go right ahead, you'll be sorry, if you ask me.

Beastro
Im just kidding.I wouldnt be so blind as to waste money on that movie.

Ill see Fat Albert instead big grin

Morning_Glory
was this movie bad

Beastro
Read CA's review.He gave it a 8/10 so it must be worth checking out :shock:

Morning_Glory
in my city this movie went straight to the second run theaters --

doesnt always mean the movie is bad but its a good guess

Cinemaddiction
Errr..is that even possible?

Beastro
It means they dont think its gonna do good in theaters.

Morning_Glory
yes

Beastro
go away.No one listens to you

Cinemaddiction
You know the name and town of the theatre? That just sounds too peculiar, if you ask me.

Beastro
Whats a second rate theater?

Cinemaddiction
They're just theatres that show films that get bumped after a few weeks in favor of new releases. Tickets are usually $1 or $2. There's one by my apartment which I frequent.

Beastro, I am going to ask that you refrain from flaming. You weren't provoked, and everyone's positive participation is encouraged and welcome, regardless of what you may suggest.

forumcrew
im gonna go out and see this tomorrow i think.. not expectiing greatness from it but it looks pretty good regardless.. and beastro i find it funny you said go away no one listens to you, and then you asked what a second rate theater was when thats what they were talking about in the first place

Beastro
It doesnt look like a big blockbuster.I can imagine why it would be aty a second rate theater.

botankus
This looks good. Finally a studio with the cohonas to actually release an R-rated film!

Cinemaddiction
I'll tell you what, it sure as hell lived up to it's rating. I was taken back how "in your face" it was. That said, I loved every headshot, every curse word, and every vulgar display of power.

botankus
Great! I am babysitting my six-year old nephew on Saturday night and was worried I wouldn't have anything productive for him to do. This film solves that problem.

forumcrew
hahaha great just what the youth of america needs! wink

and it does not make sense for this to be at a second rate theater beastro especially when you dont know what one is... they would have to pay the same amount for it and therefore make no money... those theaters get films that do poorly and go out quick or they run ones during the transition period from theater to DVD when they get them cheaper and sell tickets for cheaper ive never seen a movie go directly there ever

forumcrew
saw it.. and i thought it was very good.. better then i expected. I really didnt expect some of the things it did they really didnt hold back at all. Had a couple laughs and lots of good old gun fighting. it was all put together very well and turned out to be really good.. although someone should tell them about thermal goggles

cal31
How is it "in your face" as some of you describe it?

forumcrew
a lot of action movies are pg-13 and more family friendly this is not.. its more real people shoot people in the face because they know it will kill them they are cold mean assholes because its kill or be killed.. oh and a lot of people die not one of those movies where someone saves the day and everyone is happy..

I really liked the intro scene too Ethan Hawke did a great job with it

Cinemaddiction
Watching John Leguizamo repeatedly stabbing someone with a giant shive directly, in the camera's view, pretty much made it a all out slaughterfest of a movie.

cal31
laughing Oh, now I see.

Mane
Oh how pimp this movie is. I can't wait to get the DVD. Most likely one of my favorites of the year. yes

Beastro
Thats where columbine starts no expression

Cinemaddiction
That's the 2nd time you've said that, and it's not true. Back on topic, please.

Beastro
Ill get back on-topic but its true in so manyn ways.Who knows how much video game/video violence was incorporated into there brains before they did what they did.It influenced them in some way I am sure.But anyways back on-topic.

Tptmanno1
I wanna see this, Looks good but I'll have to sneak in

BREN
firstly id like to ask WHY??
i loved carpenters original and yeah there will be u guys sayin why did he do a post on assault on precinct 13 well ill tell ya why,aop13 the original is an awesome movie it was made back when a talented director(john carpenter) who could have gone really far but turned to shit made quite frankly shit hot movies, if u guys havent seen it please take the time to see it before you see the remake,this is carpenters second movie just before he made the fantastic halloween
its a thriller about a bunch of people trapped inside a police station (hence the title) which is closing down and a gang of street thugs lay siege on them
i will be watching the remake tomorrow night i have to im a film fanatic what can i say,ill let u guys know what i thought in this thread after watching it but i highly doubt it will have the impact and atmosphere of the original

quotes from aop13 (original)
Napoleon Wilson: In my situation, days are like women - each one's so damn precious, but they all end up leaving you
Lt. Ethan Bishop: How did you come by a name like Napoleon Wilson?
Napolean Wilson: I'll tell you some time.
Lt. Ethan Bishop: When will you tell me?
Napolean Wilson: the point of dieing

Mane
Why? Because the original fondled diseased rhinos. This movie was awesome, but it's hardly horror.

eggmayo
It has Laurence Fishburne in?

Mane
Yep.

Wolfie
It's a horror?

I've never heard of the original. This one looks really good. I loved Training Day.

Soth
It's not horror. This is in the wrong forum

ElectricBugaloo
Remake of a remake...

Mane
Awesome remake of a crappy remake.

Cinemaddiction
I think I've probably said this before, but I didn't feel any of the suspense or tension that's so hyped in the original. Granted, I've never seen "Rio Bravo", so I can't draw comparisons there, either.

It was frustrating movie to watch, because these supposedly hardcore street thugs just throw shit at a police station because they're harboring a guy who killed their gang leader? That premise alone is ridiculous. The guy has his innocent daughter shot and killed, and he takes revenge, now they decide to take out the entire precinct "because they can"? In addition, this group of 20-30 strong just magically disappears when the back-up units roll around, forgetting to check the entire perimeter. It just seems like a lazy plot device with convenient scenarios to get to the meat and potatoes of the supposedly tension filled stand off.

I think the remake is 1,000 times more clever, sensible, and effective than the original.

papabeard
It does star Jah ( i Cant act to save my life) rule, which loses it a few points on the credibilty scale.

Going to see this soon and also the film Creep.

The original was naive and amateurish.

botankus
First of all, I have no 6-year old nephew.
Second of all, no that is not where stuff like that starts.
Third of all, could someone please re-direct this guy to the KMC Understanding Sarcasm Forum?

I saw it on Friday and thought it was pretty good. Lots of action and I think they made a serious run at dethroning Tigerland or whatever that movie was that has the record for most profanities. I didn't know how many stars were in it until it started.

Overall, pretty entertained. Hollywood needs more movies like this. And I do appreciate the R-rating. It would not have been very good with a PG-13 tag.

Mane
Tigerland = 527
AOP13 = 125+

Slight difference. stick out tongue

botankus
Wow, I thought it was higher than that.

But 125 + ...what? Is it 125 + 100? 125 + 3? 125 + 3,000?

Mane
It ranges around 130-140.

Cinemaddiction
Jeffrey Atkins (ha-ha) has very little screen time infact, and dies 1/2 through the movie.

Whoops. was that a spoiler? Sorry, here ya go. WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT JA RULE DYING!?

whistle

Mane
I laughed in the theatre. Nice, clean headshot. laughing out loud

ginger49
this extended clip just went up. you should check it out. it's great!

it's on the ifilm assault on precinct 13 page.

botankus
Whoop-de-doo. That's about all that means if you refuse to provide a direct link.

botankus
I love running off spammers. big grin

Tptmanno1
Yea exactly what Cinn said.
Awesome movie, came outta the theater goin, hoooolly shiiit...
There was some crazy stuff there, but I loved it...

JKozzy
This was a sequel? To what movie? confused

Solo
Isn't a sequelm it's a remake.

JKozzy
Ah, took "original" in the sense that this was a sequel, my bad. Looked like Lawrence Fishburne did pretty well in it, hopefully I'll get to see it within the next week.

angelsflame265
A movie I want to see, but its rated R so I can't sad

You Suck
Laurence Fishburne was pimp in this movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.