Spaceballs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
for a while i had heard rumours of a second space balls movie turns out they are bringing it to TV

Spaceballs Being Retooled for TV
Source: Variety
January 20, 2005

Mel Brooks' wacky 1987 "Star Wars" spoof Spaceballs is being retooled for television via a three-way project involving the producer, MGM TV and German company BFC, reports Variety.

Brooks is partnering with Berliner Film Co., whose principal pitched the idea to the producer some months ago, and with MGM, which owns the rights to the original movie. Variety says the idea is to deliver an animated TV series that takes on the latest wave of sci-fi and fantasy icons, including the "Star Wars" prequels and "The Lord of the Rings."

Brooks will be working with his Producers collaborator Thomas Meehan, who co-wrote the Spaceballs movie, to produce the pilot and supervise the writing of the other episodes.

Brooks will again voice two of the returning characters, President Skroob and Yogurt. He's also voicing a character in 20th Century Fox's upcoming Robots.

Under the agreement with Brooks, BFC and MGM will produce an hourlong pilot and 13 half-hour episodes.

Jackie Malfoy
I love that movie.I think there is thread about this somewhere else through.Good movie through even if it does mock my favorite movie "Star wars!"WE BRAKE FOR NO ONE!JM

Cinemaddiction
Animated? It'll never fly.

forumcrew
there was a thread on the movie i dont know that there was on on the new tv show that news is only a day old..

it could be really funny but not being live action does cut out a lot of the comedy

Xam
animated,pfffffffffffffffffffffffff ahhahahahahah hope it wont be,itll kill it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.