If Peter Jackson did the prequels...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
Just finish the sentence.

...Jar Jar wouldve ended up cool.

...There would've been more songs(thanks to Phillipa and Fran).

...Threepio's "comic relief" would not have ruined the arena fight in Ep 2.

...the Jedi in the same fight would have weilded more than two freakin lightsaber colors(if you dont count Mace's seemingly unique one).

...Darth Maul would've been saved for better things.

...The Clone Wars would have been highlighted in Ep 2, instead of minimized on a cartoon series(its a good show, but it wastes alot of good cinematic moments that Jackson wouldve made happen on the big screen).

...They'd be like 4 hours long each!

BAILY
maybe the PT would have had more Count Dooku... most underused character of the prequels, IMHO

Bartman99

Clai Keboa
If Petere Jackson did the Prequels......... They'd be about 5hrs long each... with a lot of scenery!!! laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance

JKozzy
They still do have a lot of scenery

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Peter Jackosn would be really cool he would make Star Wars #n.1

cylob49
Originally posted by Creechuur

...There would've been more songs(thanks to Phillipa and Fran).

Annie Lennox and Enya singing in a Star Wars movie.........excuse me one moment
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

Yeah and wed get lots of homo moments between Obi and Ani looking longingly at each other a la Frodo and Sam featuring that twee "i come from the shire i do!" music that sounds like it was a leftover from the f*****g TITANIC soundtrack !!!

Sure the Sw prequels are flawed but in my opinion LOTR is too
Dull Dull Dull........Return of the King shouldve been called The Never Ending Story........i think thats it..........no it isnt theres another sequence......right this must be it this must be the end.........nope heres another sequence...........oh its finished......no it hasnt....zzzzzzzzz
Gollum while a great looking cg character does NOT match up to cgi Yoda and Treebeard and his posse of walking trees looked CRAP
ILM were robbed at the oscars for the final battle on Geonosis.LOTR effects are OVERATED!!!
IT MAKES ME MAD!
Sith isnt out yet and i personally hope it pisses from a great height on LOTR ....im getting a good vibe from the spoilers ive seen for EP3...i sense something...something ive not felt since coming out of that cinema way back in the summer of 1980
SURE id love every SW movie to have a 4 hour running time and im looking forward to KING KONG but some long time star wars fans are a little sore with the whole LOTR thing
and im one of em

cylob49
And to complete your sentance-
If Peter Jackson did the prequels..........IT WOULDNT BE STAR WARS!

Xam
I have to agree,the PT by jackson=seein evrything we wanted in the movies plus more,more,more and more bulldumbshit!!!and now we be crying for GL to had made them!4hours for a SW film???you gotta be kidding me!this is the most dumb idea i heard since...well....i dont know but its really dumb,by the way did anyone notice Jackson losed some weigh!

cylob49
After this i went to have a look round the LOTR forum
i typed Star Wars into search and came up with a SW thread about Peter Jackson being in ROTS....false obviously..........there was a link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/fullcredits
for the full cast and i noticed for the first time that NIEN NUMB is listed in the cast
Is this old news?
I never knew NIEN NUMB was in SITH.

Clai Keboa
Couldn't have put it better mate, i always thought LOTR was a gay Hobbit love story (with Frodo & Sam looking longingly at each other. Oh & of course their own Gimp! lol see pic)

LOTR = Bag of sh*te - Should have been called LOTR:Visit New Zeland with it's amazing scenery!

Anakin2Vader
... the Prequal trilogy would have started off ok then 7 hours of crap

LandoSpeeder2
Please people, just b/c LOTR was an extremely long movie doesn't mean every movie he makes is that long. He made the movies that long b/c to make it extremely good, he had to make it extremely long. And I don't know what your problems are but LOTR is a great trilogy, better than SW will ever be, even though though SW are great trilogies to. But I think peter Jackson is a great man, he made movies that most people love, and he made them b/c he likes making movies, if you don't like LOTR, there's no reason to bash and curse them. I think if you made the LOTR movies you would be very proud of your work, and Peter Jackson is proud of his work, And I don't think you should bash someone for a greatly, well done movie.

BAILY
Hey Welcome Back LandoSpeeder2......... back to the classic

Xam
no more solar flaresad

LandoSpeeder2
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

LandoSpeeder2
Nope, just wasn't like LanoSpeeder, Solar Flare was still cool though.

Xam
i liked LANDOSPEEDER better anyways

LandoSpeeder2
Me too, took me like, over a week and a pm from BAILY to remind me though. thanks to BAILY= Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

cylob49
I would have liked a MEET THE FEEBLES and BRAINDEAD(which i think are great) era Jackson to have directed SITH.... thatd be interesting!
I have watched all 3 LOTR movies and i suffered..i tried..but the only thing going thru my mind in the cinema was "where the f**k are they off to now?","oh look another mountain to travel across to get to see some more camp elves or something!",
"what can i have to eat on the way home?" and to quote Goldenrod-"will this never end?"
Jackson is working from a classic set of literature.
Lucas is working from his own story and while it will never be as well written and revered as LOTR......its sure as hell a LOT more exiting!
They may be well written,edited and directed but in my opinion i think LOTR is DULL DULL DULL!

atheist
Someone said if Peter Jackson did Star Wars...it wouldnt be Star Wars, as far as I am concerned the PT isnt Star Wars. Its a bunch of thoughtless crap thrown together, with horrible jokes, and CGI gone so wild every scene looks fake!

If Pete did the PT, fans wouldnt complain and you could actually call it Star Wars without being ashamed to call it Star Wars.

LandoSpeeder2
Your loss.

Xam
WTF you talkin about dude,PT is by far the best star wars movies

LandoSpeeder2
Maybe we should close this thread for the bashing of SW and LOTR.

If you watch the speeder chase in episode II very closely, you will notice it's an excellent job of CG.

Xam
yup agreed!

BAILY
what is this bashing of LOTR and SW I hear.... I am not happy... they are both excellent movie franchaises so leave them alone and dont judge harshly.... excellent idea LandoSpeeder

cylob49
Well we will never know will we AND as for closing this thread whats wrong with a HEATED debate?
The Prequel trilogy thus far has faults and most of the CG is fine or excellent...........and at all times better than WETAs efforts.
I aint bashing..i like Jacksons other movies(apart from Bad Taste) ..I just dont like Rings .. i thought i would and thats why i paid to see them.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion ....ive been a spidey fan since 1973 and those two movies SUCKED too!

Xam
NAH here at KMC we dont like hatred,we aint JC!

cylob49
I like hatred.....thats why i am looking forward to Ep3.......its going to be full of it!

Xam
hehe

ccoo
First, with Peter Jackson directing it would be different, some good and some bad. The Good: It probably wouldn't have the kiddy stuff in there like too much Jar Jar and C3PO during the clone wars. He probably would get better performances from Hayden and Natalie. The bad: 3 1/2 hour Star Wars films are too long, I like that their a little over 2 hours, never a dull moment. Lord of the Rings, while great movies, I just can't watch 4 hour movies all the time! Also Lucas does endings better then Peter Jackson. Every Star Wars films the last ten minutes are always great! Think of AOTC and ANH, great endings! Peter Jackson ends the first 2 movies with Frodo and Sam talking, very anticlimatic, and the Return of the King just goes on and on! Either Director you have to take the good with the bad

LandoSpeeder2
I think it would be cool if both GL and PJ made the movies together.

And why do you peeps keep saying it would be 3 and a half hours to seven hours long? LOTR was long b/c that was the only way to make it good. God those were like the only movies PJ made that were long.

Jedi Priestess
If Peter Jackson did the prequels...

then it wouldn't be Star Wars no not to me anyway....

OB1-adobe
We would be having a thread-"What if George Lucas Directed the prequels?"

Creechuur
Dang, I didn't expect all the negativity and LOTR hate when I started this thread, I just wanted to see what people would come up with, for better or worse.

I'm a big fan of Star Wars, LOTR, Lucas, Jackson and Tolkein, I just made the thread for fun, not for you people to argue.

And shame on those of you who see homoeroticism in everything that involves two males being close. It smacks of immaturity, but I guess I should check the average poster's age before I accuse us ALL of being mature.

If you really want a topic to hate on: What if the Wachowski's did Star Wars? sick

ESP07
Where would the gay hobbit scenes fit in?

Sith Master X
Sorry, just my opinion here, but I'd much rather have Lucas behind the Prequels. Not Jackson.

bILLYgOAT
consider this
if Jackson had done the prequels, the chief villain (the emperor )
would have been portrayed as a giant lizard eye on the top of a tower doing fuc-all except watch the battles. :

you can piss on GL as a director and I'll agree to most of it,
but,
Lotr return of the King was a film where even the battle scenes got boring and the 45 min ending of the film was way over-cooked.

but compare these with the SW Aotc battles scenes which left us crying out for more.
Hey thats the art of entertainment,....
GL hooked it & PJ didn't.

IMO
TBRFH

bILLYgOAT
btw lando speeder/solar flares/ lando 2/ whatever your name is today

b()llocks
the longer a film the better?

go watch test cricket uneditted.
you'd love it roll eyes (sarcastic)

smoker4
Test Cricket!http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/sleep1.gif

bILLYgOAT
exactly mate wink

Jedi Priestess
There was no LOTR hate on my part...I love those movies, but for me SW isnt SW without Lucas. Simple as that. smile

Eleonora
Please don't talk about that hack PJ!!! He always shows up, and he screwed way too much of the book for me.

BAILY
I sense much anger in you Eleonora.... you have to remember that the LOTR movies are "Peter Jackson's" vision of the series.... not Tolkiens... so he is bound to make some changes... but you have every right to not like it though....

OB1-adobe
It is debates like this one that make me long for the day when the saga is over with.

Eleonora
I know Baily, but you have to admit some changes were just too much. Overall it was faithful, I totally loved the 1st one, but then he just lost it more and more. Anyway, it's not the films, which were well made, it's the attitude I don't like. PJ acts out of false modesty, maybe that's where he deserved his Oscar.

cylob49
I dont see everything that includes two males being close as homoerotic.......i didnt say that
Han and Chewie are very close and i have no problem with that......they been thru thick and thin...they are buddies
i just think Sam looks at frodo sometimes like he wants to say "screw the quest.....lets just have bum sex!"

Creechuur
I'm not sure where you see false modesty in Peter Jackson's actions. He seems like a nice, down to earth guy to me...who happens to make great films.

Why hasn't this been closed yet, I wonder?

Delfedd
I liked LOTR more than the prequls. I liked Return of the king more than a new hope or Return of the Jedi. Two towers was a bit like them going around like "Oh bless my hobit feet, we're hobits!" and then fighting. Peter jackson would do much better if they had given him the prequils. George lucas just wants to make money.

*Ducks from all the flames coming in his direction*

XX Emperor XX
LOTR can't compare to SW. SW is light years ahead, like him or hate him George Lucas is Star Wars like JP said, I don't know why LOTR made so much money they were soo looong and boring except for Return of the King that was good that was the only one I saw in the movie theatre, but still it dragged, I remember getting up 3 times from my seat thinking the movie was over

SlipknoT
That would be better than the crappy prequels we have now.

SlipknoT
TO me LORT Rings was equal if not better than the original trilogy. And LOTR destroys the prequals.

Eleonora
Can you write?

BAILY
I think you answered your own question Eleonora.... stick out tongue

darthmaul1
What the hell was wrong with the LOTR?? It was perfect! They didn't show certain parts of the books cause they weren't needed for the story or it was crap in the book, Peter added stuff make it a bit better for film, He tried to make it as close to Tolkien's vision as he could, and you can't make a films exactly like the books, cause you still want a different experiance each time you watch the films or read the books.

BAILY
I agree, I got nothing against LOTR... they were excellent. This thread has kinda turned into a LOTR bashing spot, sadly, this wasnt what the guy who created this thread wanted....

Eleonora
I think you're right. big grin
By the way, I think people should never bring up the subject "Should Pj have done.... or... is Lotr bla bla bla" because it's way too touchy, for some reason this sort of rivalry has been going on for a while between these two giants. It's not wise, George created the saga and he's already done it all, there's really no point in saying "What if...." because what's done is done.

Havoc X
"what if Peter Jackson did the prequels"

what if pigs could fly
what if star wars was real
what if lord of the rings is real

pointless debate and not related to EPIII really

all i have to say

bye bye now

Creechuur
This subject is "too touchy"?

Fer cripesakes people, we're only talking about movies! I'm as big a fan as the rest of you, but THEYRE JUST MOVIES. If you can't keep the discussion civil, go away. Silly fanboys.

Head-to-head, I would have to give the nod to Jackson as a better filmmaker, but that doesn't mean Lucas is crap. They are two of my favorite directors, they just have different ways of doing things, and I thought it would be interesting to imagine how Jackson would have done the prequels. Its obviously not that serious a topic as it would never happen.

Please accept my appy-polly-logys for tampering with what seems to be the most important thing in your apparently empty lives.

Sith Master X
To be quite honest, I could never really get into LOTR.

bILLYgOAT
ok
name names
who pissed you off in this thread & why?

SlipknoT
excuse me, one little typo roll eyes (sarcastic) and I believe you meant "can you type" wink

Creechuur
Sorry Billy, but I'm trying to NOT be petty, so I will not name names. No one pissed me off, as all of this is not that important.

All you people had to do was finish the sentence, but NOOOOOOOO, you had to make this some kind of SW vs. LotR thread.

Do you people do this in real life? If two people are having a discussion about something do you walk up and tell them how much whatever theyre talking about sucks and then walk away? If your teacher gives you an assignment do you ignore the instructions and do whatever the hell you want? Do you walk up to people and tell them their conversation is meaningless and shouldn't be happening?

This is why I don't get too mad at folks like JP, and their so-called thread nazi actions. It is seriously hard (or impossible) to maintain a discussion around here sometimes, thanks to the peanut gallery.

cylob49
This is a SW forum..your going to get the odd heated SW fan mouthing off over a question like that(and personally its all rather restrained methinks...ive seen worse).
This is what forums are for -debate-no matter how heated they get...and personally i prefer em on the hot side.
If everybody answered your question WHAT IF PETER JACKSON DIRECTED THE PREQUELS? with answers such as "ooh wed have some lovelly scenery!" or "wed have some of that lovelly Annie Lennox singing as Anakin Falls into the Lava pit" ......itd be boring.
I accept your "Appy polly logys"(hey lookit! A CLOCKWORK ORANGE "fan boy"!! )youll not see me doin any of the old Ultraviolence my brother!..if Lucas puts Annie Lennox singing over Padmes death scene though that may be a different story.

Empty lives???? We dont spend ALL our time in this forum you know....we have Star Wars Battlefront to play!
(thats a lie ive never played it ..though i hear you can blow away Ewoks which gets it a thumbs up from me!)

I still think Frodo should watch his bottom when Samwise is about though.

LandoSpeeder2
Why must you continue to go on and on about how out lives are empty and we don't have one! Just b/c we spend allot of time on the computer doesn't mean we are stupid and are low lives. after episode III is over we probably won't be on as much, it's just b/c we love movies and we want to know what we can b/c we want to know. And considering you've never met or seen anyone of us and see how we run our lives doesn't give you the right to curse us. I have a life like probably all the other people here, I'm highly involved in dance and I love to make films, even if I am on the computer allot doesn't mean I am a empty lowlife.

Eleonora
Jeez man calm down. If you have to get pissed for something like that it means YOUR life is empty (BTW, if your life is so interesting why are you posting here, hm?). You are so sad sick
I was merely pointing out how ridiculous this thread is, PJ did not create SW so let's just leave it at that. You need a little morphine.

Eleonora
Nope, bad typing is a consequence of bad writing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cylob49
Yeah the old "GET A LIFE!" comment kind of grates.
My passion for Star Wars is only of the same kind that my freinds have for football...life long follower with its highs and Jar Jar plus lots of money spent on various varying degrees of merchandise....yes i too purchased Darth Maul lipbalm.
Ive been a fan since i was 8(im now 36)and apart from being a source for spoiler pics this forum for me is a just a bit of fun....i rarely post anything DEEP and i often post with tongue in cheek...my cheek that is ...not Jedi Preistesses butt-cheeks like some can be accused of!
Im HYPED for SITH.......ive waited for the Obi v Anakin v lava fight since hearing about it way back in the early 80s..sure i havent spent every day of the past 25 years whacking off about it but ive looked forward to seeing it on the big screen for a looooooong time....and its almost here!
I aint going to go on about how full a life i lead either....lets put it this way...we all dont spend our weekends doin web searches on Google looking how Jawas fu*k and what they like to drink.....were too busy doin that stuff ourselves!
We aint all like this dude........

.:Space Opera:.
HERE:

IF Peter Jackson did the Prequels.....

....they would suck even more.

Obi-OneManShow
This thread kills my inner child...

.:Space Opera:.
....as i can see by your sig wink

bILLYgOAT
I may be wrong but i think that Creecur was complaining on how the thread got derailed.
It happens, usually with a chorus of
"CLOSE PLEASE"

Now the flame wars have begun.
cool heads are needed people, for this isn't TFN.
so lets all calm down and get a life wink

LandoSpeeder2
No, Creechuur is always going on about how we have no life. He can hardly ever post without saying it or different versions that link to that.

tpaquin
...every battle would be unecessarily huge and the main characters would all be very minimal, but still all survive.

Creechuur
Honestly, it absolutely tickles me how easy it is to rile some of you up. You guys are such marks sometimes.

I especially love how the "no life" accusation gets people REALLY defensive. Hmm...wonder why? I'm comfortable with my sci-fi geek status, and I don't want a life other than the simple one I have. Sticks and stones, y'know.

Honestly, I'm not trying to mess with any of you any more than you messed with my thread. I actually requested that it be closed, but it must be amusing to the admins, because its stayed open.

Heres another one:

...the movies would have been made by a fat scruffy guy in shorts and a puffy jacket, rather than a fat neat guy in slacks and a sweater.

OB1-adobe
The fact that people are still bitching about the prequels is really fuking old. It is something that has risen to ridculous proportions.

I long for the day when all of the movies comeout in their final boxset and George Lucas is dead.
Why? Because it is officially over.

We are about to enter a world where generations upon generations will only come to know: Greedo shot first, Jabba has always been in ANH, Boba always had the same voice as Jango, Jar Jar is just character, and Darth Maul was destined to go out like a pussy.

Obi-OneManShow
no No... That's not true! That's impossible! Stopped this must be, on this all depends...

SnakeEyes
If Peter Jackson did the prequels, they would be rated PG-13, thus being cooler

LandoSpeeder2
I don't see anything funny about calling people low life's.

Arsenal
Everytime I glance at the title of this thread I think it says Samuel L. Jackson erm

Creechuur
Who called anyone a low life?

In fact, as a low life, I resent that remark!

LandoSpeeder2
Empty life, low life, what's the difference.

Ushgarak
Sigh... closing. My displeasure at people's hostile atrittudes in here should be self-evident. And Creechur- I count your baiting of people as just as bad.

Cut all this damn silliness out. This kind of thing is happening repeatedly lately. If it carries on, I am going to have to start looking at bans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.